Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:35:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who Should the Next VR Singer be?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Should the Next VR Singer be?  (Read 163982 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #460 on: June 19, 2008, 06:10:16 AM »

I see the problem of going with a 'unknown' now... confused

Fuck 'Em All.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #461 on: June 19, 2008, 08:47:28 AM »

^^^

New Velvet Revolver Frontman? Sam Serinsky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKulAUo3KSI

Brian Phyll Miller
Whole Lotta Rosie, Slither, Fall To Pieces
http://youtube.com/watch?v=a5dcUr4FG6A

Dale Toth
Velvet Revolver Audition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rORcmzIrhIw

Dude, Brian Miller Killed it.  Nice work to the whole lotta rosie guy.  Love how he hit the high note in Fall to Pieces.

you're the first person outside of his own little youtube world i've seen who liked it.

rosie was average. slither well he put on an english accent to sing it, and the scream in FTP was stupid and the whole song sounded dead and emotionless.

add that to the fact any negative comments he gets he deletes. i hope he gets no where near it.

Alan, you are right.  He is lame, but he had decent pipes.
Beefy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2008, 12:04:09 PM »

Very karaoke, good karaoke but karaoke nonetheless!!!!
Beefy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #463 on: June 20, 2008, 12:13:55 PM »

Karaoke refers to the boy Miller, he's a bit too on the geeky side for my liking as well, seems to be trying too hard to be "cool". Sam Serinsky on the other hand has got something about him and may well work however he's just a kid compared to Slash and co so the dynamic probably wouldn't be there.
Beefy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #464 on: June 20, 2008, 12:22:05 PM »

Dale Toth has a good voice but maybe a bit too predictable in style for VR
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #465 on: June 20, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »

So whats the real word on the Daniel Johns deal?

I would like to see it work out.

I don't think his voice is strong enough in some rock songs, but he's a better singer than Weiland.

Sounds weird, but it could be cool.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #466 on: June 21, 2008, 06:39:35 PM »

From http://www.snakepit.org/news.html

The most news swirling around VR these days are all the rumors about who the new singer may be. No one has been selected as yet (at least not publicly announced), but the band is listening to auditions on the internet. Some of the newbies there have built up some vocal followings, but we don't think SLASH and company will pick a rank beginner over someone with experience. Speaking of which, there were rumors flying about the current Linkin Park singer, Chester Bennington, after SLASH asked him to play in the New Year's Eve show they had contracted for before Scott left the band. Chester denies that he is considering it or even that he has been asked, but he does say he likes the guys in VR as well as Scott. Maybe he feels he would be caught in the middle as VR is a tightly knit group.

We had a chance to talk to SLASH about what was new with him. He said he is working on getting a new singer for Velvet Revolver, putting together a solo album and doing a cartoon! We knew about the first two, but that's the first time we heard about a cartoon. There was a cartoon at one time, but we know nothing at all about this. When we tried to push him further about it, he said "all in due time"!

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #467 on: June 23, 2008, 07:24:11 PM »

Steve issacs? I though the was the reason panic channel broke up

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Second Hand Smoke
Opening Act

« Reply #468 on: June 26, 2008, 07:58:04 PM »

Hey, I'm a Bluesy 70'S Style Rock Singer.  So in case these guys were thinking about another direction I wanted to post my youtube video and myspace music page. The video is a couple of The Doors songs.  Search George Steckert on youtube and go to www.myspace.com/georgesteckertband.  Check my originals and the cover of "You could be mine" mp3. I figure Slash is a big Aerosmith fan. For the video I had to choose the easiest rock tunes I could think of because I was out of town and pulled these guys together at a blues jam in Florida. Anyway, try to refrain from installing a set of cock n balls on my head like the other cat, holy shit man, those haters be hatin............ Like Perry Farrell Says "I am skin n bones I got a pointy nose...BUT THE MOTHERFUCKER MAKES ME TRY!!!!!!!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #469 on: July 01, 2008, 05:06:37 PM »

Looks like velvetrevolver.com is being updated...maybe with some new info. or maybe just to remove one member. hihi

New Velvet Revolver Coming...

www.velvetrevolver.com

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 05:21:58 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #470 on: July 01, 2008, 05:53:38 PM »

hopefully an announcement

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #471 on: July 01, 2008, 06:12:36 PM »

Duff was on Opie and Anthony yesterday, and said that a leading contender was somebody well-known and currently living in New York.
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #472 on: July 01, 2008, 06:12:48 PM »

seems like it I just hope it isnt SOON  hihi

Here Today..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #473 on: July 01, 2008, 07:11:48 PM »

Duff was on Opie and Anthony yesterday, and said that a leading contender was somebody well-known and currently living in New York.

Hmmm..

Brett Scallions is well known and lives n NYC...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #474 on: July 01, 2008, 08:51:53 PM »

Hmmm..

now that's a scary thought  nervous

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #475 on: July 01, 2008, 09:52:38 PM »

Hmmm..

Lots of famous people live in New York.  If its Brett, will VR play, "had a bad day again"?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #476 on: July 01, 2008, 09:59:10 PM »

Hmmm..

Brett would work just fine for me - good singer/cool guy and no front man disease. yes

Lots of famous people live in New York. 

True..

It's an educated guess on my part - Brett's played with Matt, Slash and Duff at multiple Camp Freddy gigs and his Riders On The Storm commitments with Ray Manzarek and Robbie Krieger are limited to say the least.

If its Brett, will VR play, "had a bad day again"?

Good question.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:07:40 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #477 on: July 01, 2008, 10:17:20 PM »

Hmmm..

Brett would work just fine for me - good singer/cool guy and no front man disease. yes

i dunno ... i liked a couple Fuel tracks but they weren't anything spectacular IMO ...we're getting closer anyway to a selection i think

but i cant really picture Brett pulling off older VR material though  Undecided his voice is way different than Scott's though maybe thats what they plan to do...go in a completely differnt direction sound wise

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #478 on: July 02, 2008, 01:48:41 AM »

Velvet Revolver Hot For Singer

07/02/2008

Metro from 94 WYSP spoke with Duff on Tuesday and got the bonus of Dave from The Presidents Of The United States Of America being on the line as well. Here is a short recap of what they talked about.

During the interview Metro asked Duff about Matt Sorum's comments that a GNR reunion is inevitable. Duff said in part "there is no backroom talks, there never has been.. but anything can happen, you see all these bands getting back together. I guess hell froze over for the Eagles and they did it. But it's not something I count on, or even need in my life." He had more to say, you'll have to listen to the full interview for that.

Metro also asked about Matt's comments about the new Velvet Revolver singer: "Matt your drummer, this week, said that there is actually a guy who you are quote, massaging, and if you will sort of checking it out, feeling it out, letting him work with you." (laughs from Dave, "your massaging him and feeling him out"). Then Duff said, "I wouldn't use, probably the words Matt used, but there is a guy we feel is pretty close to what we are looking for. And he's a great guy, amazing singer..." (Dave: "He must be hot, if your messaging him").

Then Metro asked, "Hey, if I guess who it is, will you tell me?" and Duff responded, "Maybe." Find out who he guessed and Duff's response right - here with the full interview.

http://94wysp.com/pages/2324131.php

http://www.antimusic.com/news/08/july/02Velvet_Revolver_Hot_For_Singer,_Duff_Doesnt_Rule_Out_GNR_Reunion.shtml

He really does not say much more than that...

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #479 on: July 02, 2008, 05:48:02 AM »

Since I doubt many people on here heard it, heres more of a recap of Duffs interview on the Opie & Anthony:

- Is with Dave Dedderer of the Presidents of the United States.

- The bands been working with a couple of guys over the past month.  "Anybody we know?" Opie asked.  "Yeah, probably."

- The band's collective tension with Weiland drew them closer with each other musically.  "Under the common oppressor, you become tighter."  "We were in a situation that was really difficult, and we came together and wrote some amazing music."

- "We had decided back in January to move on without Scott."  Uses careful wording to aviod insulting Weiland.  Opie asked "Was it his drugs?"  "Uh..It was the combination of a lot of things that just made it really hard to do business and go out and tour."  Duff then says he loves Scott, they have a lot in common, hes a hell of a frontman, but their visions were different.

- "Was he isolating himself from the rest of the band?" asked Opie.  "Very much so."

- Opie then describes his experience at the Stone Temple Pilots show in New Jersey, which Duff said hed been sent a link to.  An hour after Filter ended their set, Weiland was still in his bus.  Robert DeLeo screamed at him - calling him "Axl" - and a female companion.

- "Its just an unfortunate place hes in in his life and I hope he pulls it together."

- "We will persevere through this."

- Asked about Guns N' Roses: "Theres nothing in the cards." 

- When Velvet Revolver started, he began checking the fansites message board and thought it was kind of cool.  He then saw that many of the posters were 14 and 15 years old.

- Talks about Guns N' Roses experience, and says the band ended when it should have.  Did it end too soon?  "No.  It had run its course."

- Tells story about a black woman in 1990 who asked him if he was a racist because of the "One in a Million" controversey.

- About the breakup, "Its nobodys fault.  It just happened."

- Talks about GNRs outlook and approach to music in the early says.

- Dave Dedderer on new Loaded material: "It is fucking killer - Guns, Appetite-level..."

- Duff: "I got really re-inspired last December, January, I started taking bass lessons and really learning my craft.  Been playing guitar a ton...started even playing drums again."

- Talks about unspoken musical bond with Slash.

- Jim Norton asked whats the longest Duff had to wait for a lead singer to reach stage: "Four hours."

- Says the waits during the GNR shows were "dark times" that led to a lot of drinking.  "I was already predestined to be a alcholic, so Im not blaming that..."

- Dave Dedderer talks about Duffs dedication to playing. 

- Discusses pancreas problems.  He saw "some heavy things" at the rehabilitation center he attended afterward.

- Told Kurt Cobain story.  He somehow lost his custom "Duff" shoe on the plane

- Dave Dedderer talks about seeing Alice In Chains with Pearl Jam (then known as Mookie Blalock).

- Opie brings up Layne Staleys death, and Duff refrains from talking about it, only saying its "a sensitive subject."

- Dave talks about nutsie.com.

- They discuss the decline of the traditional record industry.  "I think as soon as a band mixes a song, it could go straight to the consumer" says Duff.

- Duff praises Lemmy Kilmeister.

- Celebrities who intimidate Duff: Lemmy, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop.

- Robert Plant offered to substitute for Weiland one night and play bues songs.

- O&A play "Taurus" by Spirit, the song that inspired "Stairway to Heaven."

- Opie asks about Josh Todd and Sebastian Bach as candidates: "Neither."

- Duff listens to "Pendulum," a song by the shows executive producers old band, and politely says its no good.

- He praises Corey Taylor and Slipknot.

- "Alice in Chains, probably the best songwriting band in rock in the last 30 years."

- Duff says the new Alice In Chains material is great...a song he thinks might be called "Hollywood" is one of the best hes heard "in a long, long time."

- The last 25 minutes of the segment is Ron & Fez producer East Side Dave, a hardcore GNR fan, professing his love for Duff.  He begs Duff to hang out with him and let him fill in for Matt Sorum on drums.  Dave breaks into a rendition of his favorite GNR song, "Get in the Ring," for Duff, the songs main writer.  He even recites the spoken rant in the breakdown.  He asks Duff if he still plays with Izzy Stradlin, and Duff says he played on his latest record about a month and-a-half ago.  He does an impression of Duff performing, which Duff thinks looks like Krist Novoselic.  He then sings a section from "You Aint the First."  He does an impression of Slash  performing, to the tune of "Estranged."  Duff agrees to have dinner with him on Wednesday (hes leaving New York on Tuesday).  To affirm his affection for Duff, Dave abuses himself and does inappropriate things with a banana. 

- Before leaving, Duff discusses Slashs book, saying they remember some things differently, and it gave him interesting insight on that time.  He says hes sure Slashs new material will be amazing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 05:50:58 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: