Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 02:01:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who Should the Next VR Singer be?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Should the Next VR Singer be?  (Read 155465 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #420 on: May 31, 2008, 10:09:17 AM »

I'd LOVE to hear Anselmo sing Slither
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2008, 11:30:07 AM »

did anyone dropped the name of brett scallions yet? no? well then: brett scallions!
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2008, 12:57:21 PM »

Very unlikely
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2008, 02:59:18 PM »

Very unlikely

whoa really? Tongue

i'd love to hear him sing slither.. not joining VR Wink if down would cover slither that would be awesome drool
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #424 on: June 03, 2008, 04:40:50 PM »

I'd love to hear Anselmo singing Right Next Door To Hell   yes
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #425 on: June 05, 2008, 01:03:22 PM »

From the Rumor Mill: Velvet Revolver Still Looking for a New Singer, and It Might Just Be That Dude From Ligion

Posted June 04, 2008

So we've been tipped off that Velvet Revolver's search for a new lead singer (since Scott Weiland bailed in April) may have landed the band at local alt-rock (and 102.9 The Buzz) fave Ligion's doorstep! That's right: The Layne Staley-ish look-alike is apparently one of two singers being considered for the dubious title of Velvet Revolver frontman. Apparently, VR considered using a reality show to audition new singers, but recently scrapped the idea.

We have no idea if any of this is true, but as responsible journalists, we felt we should post the unsubstantiated rumor immediately.

Photo: http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/nashvillecream/2008/06/from_the_rumor_mill_velvet_rev.php

Ligion- Get Over Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAi_3Z34138
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 01:06:49 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #426 on: June 05, 2008, 01:55:53 PM »

From the Rumor Mill: Velvet Revolver Still Looking for a New Singer, and It Might Just Be That Dude From Ligion

Posted June 04, 2008

So we've been tipped off that Velvet Revolver's search for a new lead singer (since Scott Weiland bailed in April) may have landed the band at local alt-rock (and 102.9 The Buzz) fave Ligion's doorstep! That's right: The Layne Staley-ish look-alike is apparently one of two singers being considered for the dubious title of Velvet Revolver frontman. Apparently, VR considered using a reality show to audition new singers, but recently scrapped the idea.

We have no idea if any of this is true, but as responsible journalists, we felt we should post the unsubstantiated rumor immediately.

Photo: http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/nashvillecream/2008/06/from_the_rumor_mill_velvet_rev.php

Ligion- Get Over Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAi_3Z34138

Well, I guess he has the look.  You could stand him up there in place of Scott and not tell much difference.  However, I thought his voice was a little too similar to everything else that's on hard rock radio these days.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #427 on: June 05, 2008, 02:02:05 PM »

I hope not. I had to turn it off when the chorus came in. Shite. Shite song, shite lyrics, average vocals. And if that's the song they want us to check out, their other stuff is probably shite too.

Still, with all the rumours out there, this one will probably turn out to be false.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #428 on: June 05, 2008, 02:07:34 PM »

I hope not. I had to turn it off when the chorus came in. Shite. Shite song, shite lyrics, average vocals. And if that's the song they want us to check out, their other stuff is probably shite too.

Still, with all the rumours out there, this one will probably turn out to be false.

That's just the first one that came up on YouTube...I added that. Grin

JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #429 on: June 05, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »

Oh, ok then. Still shite!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #430 on: June 05, 2008, 06:34:20 PM »

There's more  Cheesy

Velvet Revolver's New Singer May Come From A Land Down Under

A tipster has very important innuendo regarding the new singer of Velvet Revolver, which will not be picked by reality-TV committee: "I have some new information coming from fans/family close to the hard rock Australian band Rose Tattoo to which Slash & Duff are HUGE fans of and shared the stage with many times, that Duff has been in communications with an Australian singer currently living in the USA. This guy can apparently sing up a storm and of course is a bloody Aussie, so that in itself along with the great voice will be a good choice for the band from all marketing angles." Well, if there's one thing Velvet Revolver needs after Libertad, it's a better marketing angle. So, we have but one question for all of you: Who can it be, now? (We're pretty sure the candidate in question is not Rose Tattoo singer Angry Anderson, since he's apparently living in Sydney these days.) Poll after the jump!

Who's the Aussie that's been hand-picked to front Velvet Revolver?

Michael Johns

Russell Hitchcock

Rick Springfield

The dude who came in second on Rock Star Supernova

Ah, crap, it's really going to be Michael Johns, isn't it

http://idolator.com/395194/velvet-revolvers-new-singer-may-come-from-a-land-down-under

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #431 on: June 06, 2008, 02:27:40 PM »

i read on the VR forum it may be robert plants illigitimate son, the guy from mean venus; but that's unsubstantiated; though the band is playing in NYC tomorrow night
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #432 on: June 06, 2008, 04:00:13 PM »

i read on the VR forum it may be robert plants illigitimate son, the guy from mean venus; but that's unsubstantiated; though the band is playing in NYC tomorrow night

Looks like someone has been posting this in the comments on a lot sites since early April...I haven't seen any statement. no

Priscilla | 4/22/2008, 2:50 pm EST

Looks like the search is over for Scott Weiland?s replacement. Jeffrey Light of Sanctuary Artist Management (Velvet Revolver?s high-power management team) announced earlier today that the lead singer of NYC based MEAN VENUS has already begun the process of taking over vocal duties. Known merely as ?J?, Light says the MEAN VENUS front man has everything Weiland had and more. An accomplished songwriter in his own right, Velvet Revolver are excited to explore a somewhat new direction with the virtually unknown frontman.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #433 on: June 06, 2008, 04:22:12 PM »

like i said a thousand times...

Sebastian Bach anyone?

I know he's whining about how angel down is better and blah blah...

BUT!

It would make a great band, and he'd blow Scott Winerland out of the water

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2008, 04:34:47 PM »

Looks like someone has been posting this in the comments on a lot sites since early April...I haven't seen any statement. no

Looks like the search is over for Scott Weiland?s replacement. Jeffrey Light of Sanctuary Artist Management (Velvet Revolver?s high-power management team) announced earlier today that the lead singer of NYC based MEAN VENUS has already begun the process of taking over vocal duties. Known merely as ?J?, Light says the MEAN VENUS front man has everything Weiland had and more. An accomplished songwriter in his own right, Velvet Revolver are excited to explore a somewhat new direction with the virtually unknown frontman.

their myspace page is
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=63575396

they are playing in NYC tomorrow night

on the singers page, he's wearing a slash t-shirt hihi
and he lists Velvet Revolver as his friend
I'll go to the show, front row with my velvet revolver shirt rofl
his voice reminds me zakk wyldes
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 04:40:53 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #435 on: June 06, 2008, 05:52:20 PM »

that was said 22th of april.. if you'd read J's blog at his myspace which he wrote 19th of may he says
MEAN VENUS HAS NOT and WILL NOT EVER break up...never ever never. How's that for erasing any shadow of doubt that you may have had about the future of MEAN VENUS? MEAN VENUS HAS NOT BROKEN UP--EVEN FOR A SECOND. MEAN VENUS WILL NOT BREAK UP EVEN FOR A MINUTE. MEAN VENUS IS INFINITE GOOD. Embrace it and know in your heart it will never leave you. You can have faith in it and trust it...

I have been getting FAR too many concerned emails that go like this: "I HEARD SOMETHING. SAY IT ISN'T TRUE???"

Well my friends it IS NOT. We will not be missing a gig--not even a rehearsal

who knows what the future will say about anything but i rather take the leadsingers word then some story from some priscilla
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #436 on: June 06, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »

^^That was my point.  Someone was posting that on various sites since early April and nothing has come of it.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #437 on: June 06, 2008, 10:21:25 PM »

Drummer Matt Sorum told The Pulse of Radio last month at a Los Angeles benefit that VELVET REVOLVER was auditioning new singers via email. "It's going through, like, different phases, you know," he said. "It goes to these guys, they listen to it, 'Oh, he's pretty good, okay, listen to that,' that kind of thing. And then we're sending back tracks that we've recorded, and then they're singing on them and sending them back. And then now with the beauty of Internet, is you can send an mp3, open up your email and listen to it, and just go, 'Oh. No.'"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98552

whitemusiclover
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #438 on: June 07, 2008, 10:38:06 AM »

The best singer slash has worked with is Ron young from Little Caesar/manic Eden.  ( other than Axl)HE was almost the singer of snake pit but Slash decided to go more for an axl wanna be sound. So I sure hope Ron Get's a try again.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #439 on: June 07, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »

From http://www.snakepit.org/news.html

By now you must have heard that Scott Weiland, lead singer for Velvet Revolver, has been dismissed from the band. SLASH cited personal differences as well as frequently erratic behavior by Scott onstage. Weiland is back to fronting Stone Temple Pilots, and Velvet Revolver is back to searching for a singer. Some fans have been speaking out, especially in a poll conducted by Rolling Stone online. Chris Cornell, who formerly fronted Soundgarden and Audioslave, came in as the #1 choice. As you might expect, fans named Buckcherry's frontman, Josh Todd second. This is highly unlikely as SLASH is not a great admirer of Todd. Bringing up the rest of the Top 5 were Sebastian Bach, Eric Dover of SLASH's Snakepit and Izzy Stradlin. You may recall that Bach was rejected last time around, and Izzy doesn't like to tour.

Matt has been pushing to have the band set up an online audition hub in the next month or so. SLASH said they already had a singer in mind, but they may actually do this web site for auditions. This will be a very expensive proposition; it will be like a mini-uTube. SLASH said they had in mind before they left for the UK...that has fallen through.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: