Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who Should the Next VR Singer be?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Should the Next VR Singer be?  (Read 164650 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #320 on: May 07, 2008, 09:42:28 PM »

I just think it's extraorinarily lame how much name dropping he does with Axl.

That and whomever/whatever else he's constantly yapping about in that high rpm/low IQ world he resides in.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #321 on: May 07, 2008, 11:27:20 PM »

I still think someone like John Corabi would be cool. He's not that well-known, but has been in the industry as long as the rest of them have. And I still think he helped produce one of Motley Crue's best albums, even if the general public didn't think so.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MY33fw2XCE

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #322 on: May 07, 2008, 11:53:14 PM »

Would you rather him talk about his upcoming appearance on Gone Country or his previous reality show appearances?  Would that make you happier?  The guy is free to talk about whatever he wants, he's not looking to please you or anyone else on this board.

I just think it's extraorinarily lame how much name dropping he does with Axl. If you want to argue that thats a cool thing to do be my guest.
Well that's your take, I on the other hand, the only reason I would listen to a Baz interview is to hear him talk about Axl.  And I realize he doesn't give any new information, he just repeats the same things in every interview, but that's what interviews are for.  Outside of the GNR community and whatever hard core Sebastian Bach fans are out there, the information he gives in those interviews is new the rest of the world.  People listening to a radio station in Tampa may not be up on the goings on in the world of Sebastian Bach and or Axl Rose, and let's face it that's the most interesting thing going for Baz right now, his affiliation with Axl.  He has mad respect for the man and speaks highly of him, I really don't see what the big deal is.  I get it, not everyone likes the guy, but give the guy a break.  He's proud of what he's done and he wants to let everyone he can know about it, and dropping Axl's name doesn't hurt anyone.

As for Baz fronting VR, I just can't see that happening.  I wanted him to get the job from the start over Scott, but a lot has happened over the years.  A lot has been said by both parties, and while it was nothing too damaging and I'm sure they could/already have reconciled I just don't see it as a match right now.  If for some reason they did choose Sebastian I would view that as a shot at Axl by Slash and co.  They know how close Axl and Baz are, that'd be like stealing him away.  I don't think their choosing him would be out of genuine respect, there'd be underlying agendas.  Anyway, very unlikely.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #323 on: May 08, 2008, 12:30:18 AM »

Linda Perry. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #324 on: May 08, 2008, 01:10:25 AM »

I still think someone like John Corabi would be cool. He's not that well-known, but has been in the industry as long as the rest of them have. And I still think he helped produce one of Motley Crue's best albums, even if the general public didn't think so.

John Corabi already ruined Motley Crues career for a decade...keep him away from Slash...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #325 on: May 08, 2008, 02:09:21 AM »

Linda Perry. 

Linda Perry would Rock!!!!!!

This was a killer song though....  Can VR top this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vewm5l-i-yw
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #326 on: May 08, 2008, 02:33:46 AM »

John Corabi already ruined Motley Crues career for a decade...keep him away from Slash...

If taking them to another level of musicianship and song-writing is 'ruining' then I'd agree with you.
That one album he recorded with the Crue shits on everything else they've done prior to or after that.

I don't know why Crue fans, or even fans of rock music in general don't like that album. It kicks ass. beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #327 on: May 08, 2008, 05:02:45 AM »

I agree on the fact that they need a new name, VR is to much scott wich is fine by me since I thinhk that Scott is a fucking awsome singer pure chameleon, he could sing anything, to bad he's an ass most of the time.

New bandname, new singer....

I know Slash mentioned he didn't want a female singer but why not juliette Lewis, that be a perfect fit for a straight forward rock and roll band.

over and out..........
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2008, 09:14:50 AM »

This is probably posted somewhere on here, but I couldn't find it.  Sounds like Slash wants a lead singer who doesn't have issues and isn't controlling.  Baz certainly wouldn't be a good fit then.  I don't know about the other guys mentioned, as I haven't been able to witness their behavior in 20 different reality shows.  But something tells me that's not gonna be an easy task.  Good luck with that Slash, isn't that the definition of a lead singer? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk4Yoimf1hc

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #329 on: May 08, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »

What about that guy from Stone Sour? I love his voice.  Wink

Corey Taylor already sing in both stone sour and slipknot
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #330 on: May 08, 2008, 05:04:44 PM »

I just hope they can get someone that can gel well with their sound and fully contribute to the band. I enjoyed Scott and the music in both albums though I did enjoy their 2nd more than the 1st.

Really, I just hope they dont get Bach. I was a fan of Skid, but not a big one, and I am not fan of his solo work. Hopefully a singer can found soon and a new album can be made because I want to hear more music from this band.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2008, 06:35:32 AM »

Chris Robinson.

Not Bach.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2008, 03:51:52 PM »

Prince
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2008, 08:52:06 PM »

Chris Robinson.

Again, NO.

(Their styles wouldn't match, and it would create another Scott-like situation.)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2008, 08:59:17 PM »

Tony Trujillo
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #335 on: May 10, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »

I really, really hope the next singer doesn't come from the RockStar show nervous

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #336 on: May 10, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »

I think that show has been cancelled (see the supernova flop)

libertad
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2008, 02:56:29 AM »

If it were to be a woman, Joan Jett hasn't been too busy to lately. Too, she was hot ...

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #338 on: May 11, 2008, 04:51:16 AM »

Emphasis on was.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #339 on: May 11, 2008, 05:57:02 AM »

^excuse the inebriation. I have a problen with tenses lately

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: