Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:38:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who Should the Next VR Singer be?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Should the Next VR Singer be?  (Read 164013 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2008, 12:26:45 PM »

... but said that he really wasn?t interested at this point. 

Neither are they Baz, neither are they.... Roll Eyes rofl

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2008, 12:40:43 PM »

In my opinion Angel Down is way better than Libertad...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2008, 12:56:02 PM »

In my opinion Angel Down is way better than Libertad...

As bad as it flopped I really liked Libertad. I thought it was better than Contraband. Angel Down is awful. I tried listening t it a ton of times but even the songs with my favorite singer of all time didn't do anything for me. Bach has a great voice but I've never been too big a fan of anything he's done. Slave to the grind is decent but other than that it's all pretty bad to me.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #303 on: May 06, 2008, 03:06:38 PM »

... but said that he really wasn?t interested at this point. 

Neither are they Baz, neither are they.... Roll Eyes rofl

I have to agree, I don't think that is going to happen.

But the front of that quote is...He said he talked to Slash a couple of weeks ago but said that he really wasn?t interested at this point.

So did Baz call Slash to make a pitch for himself?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #304 on: May 06, 2008, 04:02:40 PM »

Who knows what the circumstances/content regarding any recent conversation was between the 2, who really cares?

There's no way that band will ever have that guy fronting them.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #305 on: May 06, 2008, 04:15:57 PM »

Who knows what the circumstances/content regarding any recent conversation was between the 2, who really cares?

It may not have been likely to happen, but if there was no way ever, then why even have the discussion with Baz in the first place?

The fact that the discussion was had indicates there was some possibility, some interest there.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2008, 04:22:33 PM »

It may not have been likely to happen, but if there was no way ever, then why even have the discussion with Baz in the first place?

The fact that the discussion was had indicates there was some possibility, some interest there.

Ali

Yes, you get my point.

And I guess I care.  Cheesy

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #307 on: May 06, 2008, 04:28:52 PM »

Apologies for shooting the messenger Funk, my tolerance for Baz blathering on about anything has reached zero.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: May 06, 2008, 04:31:42 PM »

Maybe Slash just called some of the guys that had an audition for VR in the past, like Baz, Kelly Schaeffer, Josh Todd, Travis Meeks... that doesn't sound strange... n' doesn't mind that one of 'em will be VR next singer...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #309 on: May 06, 2008, 04:39:42 PM »

Apologies for shooting the messenger Funk, my tolerance for Baz blathering on about anything has reached zero.

No worries...but noted for future Sebastian posts. hihi

stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: May 06, 2008, 08:42:42 PM »

here is the interview. 
http://buckethead.98rock.com/cc-common/mainheadlines2.html?feed=&article=3649852
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2008, 11:42:22 PM »

baz would be great fit.. and i think it could be a commercial success...   they might be thought odf as 80s has beens... but i think the music could win fans over.... buckcherry was able to let the music  do the talking... and now have a platinum album..  baz was awesome with skid row.. i think they would sound like a updated 2008 version of skid row..but with a even more talented band...  i didn't love angle down.. but it was because i wasn't into the metal.. i didn't really like the band... i think baz with this band would be a huge succes.. most of the people that follow vr are huge gnr fans... i think most people would have rather had baz in the first place... i liked scot in stp.. but not at all in vr. 
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #312 on: May 07, 2008, 08:37:21 AM »

bahahahaha The DJ's name is Buckethead?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #313 on: May 07, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »

Thanks for posting...here is the transcript from Blabbermouth:

SEBASTIAN BACH Says Joining VELVET REVOLVER Would Be 'Really Awkward' - May 7, 2008

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach was interviewed yesterday (Tuesday, May 6) on "The Buckethead Show" on Tampa's 98 Rock radio station.

The entire nine-minute chat is now available for streaming and download at this location.

During the interview, Bach was asked if there is any truth to the rumors that he is being considered for the lead-singer position in VELVET REVOLVER following that group's recent split with Scott Weiland.

"I've talked to Slash [VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist] recently," Sebastian revealed. "I think it'd be really awkward for me to join that band. Number one, my new record, 'Angel Down', I like it more than VELVET REVOLVER records. That's just being totally honest. I love GUNS N' ROSES material, but I've got my own old songs ? SKID ROW ? so for me, it would all depend on music. I wouldn't just join the band just to join the band. If we came up with some incredible new songs, then maybe I'd think about it, but honestly, I'm very close friends with Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer], and he sings three songs on my new record. I think Dr. Pepper owes me a case of free soda. [Laughs] [Referring to the Dr. Pepper soft drink company's announcement that it will offer a free can of its signature soda to 'everyone in America' if GN'R releases its long-delayed new album, 'Chinese Democracy', in 2008 ? Ed.] Axl's been so nice to me ? he's helped me out my whole career. In SKID ROW he helped us out, and in my solo band he brought me around the world, and then sang three songs on my new CD, which is pretty mind-blowing. I don't know? It's a cut-throat business, but Axl's been so nice to me, I don't think I would feel comfortable just joining VELVET REVOLVER and singing his songs every night. So I don't think that's gonna happen."

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #314 on: May 07, 2008, 09:59:11 AM »

and i think it could be a commercial success... 

Not a chance in hell.

they might be thought odf as 80s has beens...

Inclusion of the Savage Animal would solidify that perception.

but i think the music could win fans over....

Going from a bona fide rock star to a bona fide coattail riding baffoon isn't gonna win anyone over..

buckcherry was able to let the music  do the talking... and now have a platinum album.. 

Buckcherry has a talented frontman..

i think most people would have rather had baz in the first place...

Not anyone wanting the band to have any current relevence or
musical credibility.

Picture this:

That guy singing "Slither".

I rest my case.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 05:50:28 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #315 on: May 07, 2008, 05:39:38 PM »

and i think it could be a commercial success... 

Not a chance in hell.

they might be thought odf as 80s has beens...

Inclusion of the Savage Animal would solidify that perception.

but i think the music could win fans over....

Going from a bona fide rock star to a bona fide coattail riding baffoon isn't gonna win anyone over..

buckcherry was able to let the music  do the talking... and now have a platinum album.. 

Buckcherry has a talented frontman..

i think most people would have rather had baz in the first place...

Not anyone wanting the band to have any current relevence or
musical credibility.

Picture this:

That guy singing "Slither".

I rest my case.

A-men. Oh by the way maybe you know? Is Baz friends with Axl? And has Axl ever sang on any of Baz's songs? God I really wish he would mention these things in more interviews so I would know. I mean only saying it 5000 times still makes you wonder if it's true.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 05:50:47 PM by Falcon » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #316 on: May 07, 2008, 07:01:11 PM »

Would you rather him talk about his upcoming appearance on Gone Country or his previous reality show appearances?  Would that make you happier?  The guy is free to talk about whatever he wants, he's not looking to please you or anyone else on this board.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeraldFord
« Reply #317 on: May 07, 2008, 07:50:14 PM »

How about that bald guy from American Idol? Daugrty....

It sure would suck--but at least it could sell...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #318 on: May 07, 2008, 07:56:43 PM »

What about that guy from Stone Sour? I love his voice.  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #319 on: May 07, 2008, 08:49:56 PM »

Would you rather him talk about his upcoming appearance on Gone Country or his previous reality show appearances?  Would that make you happier?  The guy is free to talk about whatever he wants, he's not looking to please you or anyone else on this board.

I just think it's extraorinarily lame how much name dropping he does with Axl. If you want to argue that thats a cool thing to do be my guest.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: