Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:41:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who Should the Next VR Singer be?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Should the Next VR Singer be?  (Read 164023 times)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #280 on: April 27, 2008, 10:44:28 PM »

rob thomas has already got matchbox 20 and a sucessful solo career

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2008, 12:23:34 PM »

Duff!  Cheesy

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2008, 05:07:50 PM »

Duff!  Cheesy

Seriously, every song duff sings kick ass. VR should play "Good News" from neurotic outsiders.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »

From the Gibson site...

Before Scott Weiland became Velvet Revolver?s lead singer, Slash was writing in a vacuum. He didn?t know who was going to be laying down vocals over his riffs, and had no real sense of where the songs should go. He didn?t even know if he was writing for a tenor or a baritone, whether the singer would bring a rock and roll howl or a bluesy moan.

The original ad he placed read like this: ?Unnamed artist looking for singer-songwriter somewhere in the realm of early Alice Cooper/Steve Tyler, the harder-edged side of McCartney and Lennon.? That covers a lot of ground.
Everyone from Sebastian Bach (Skid Row) and Travis Meeks (Days of the New) to Todd Kerns (The Age of Electric) and Josh Todd (Buckcherry) gave it a shot.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2008, 05:46:26 PM »

Duff!  Cheesy

Seriously, every song duff sings kick ass. VR should play "Good News" from neurotic outsiders.

I meant it!  Wink

Duff kicks ass as a singer!

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »

Duff!  Cheesy

I meant it!  Wink

I did too! I wasn't being sarcastic. I really love just about every song I have ever heard Duff sing. I think he has really unique inflection and a great tone, albeit not much range. And "Good News" would be awesome to hear at a show.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #286 on: April 30, 2008, 07:05:50 PM »

Duff!  Cheesy

I meant it!  Wink

I did too! I wasn't being sarcastic. I really love just about every song I have ever heard Duff sing. I think he has really unique inflection and a great tone, albeit not much range. And "Good News" would be awesome to hear at a show.

It would be a wonderful choice if they didnt find any suitable singer. I would be just fine with it!   Smiley

"Good News" is a fine tune.  ok

SLCPUNK
« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2008, 02:46:59 AM »

Iggy Pop would be cool.

Cool
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #288 on: May 04, 2008, 09:43:48 AM »

John Bush from Anthrax Grin

Amazing singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us_IxW5LcvY
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 10:01:36 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #289 on: May 04, 2008, 10:38:46 PM »

I believe they need to go with a young unknown with a great range and stage prescence.  Then change the name of the band because its not really VR without Scott.  Maybe fire Matt because he seems to be a douchebag.  Definitely should take some time off for a while before coming back and playing together.  Slash should do his solo project next and Duff should record another solo album thats straight up punk rock. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #290 on: May 04, 2008, 11:03:43 PM »

John Bush from Anthrax Grin

Amazing singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us_IxW5LcvY

That'd be fuckin cool.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #291 on: May 05, 2008, 12:04:03 AM »

I really doubt that VR will continue... at least for a while... Slash want to record a solo album n' Duff will return with Loaded so I doubt... but

what about Ian Astbury? kickin' ass performer n' if he sang covers of Doors with Manzarek, Krieger n' Densmore in The Doors of 21st Century why don't he could sing covers from the another L.A. greatest band  Wink

Eric Dover have a great voice... n' sounds more possible
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #292 on: May 05, 2008, 01:34:54 AM »

Iggy Pop would be cool.

Cool

... and he would fit in with the mentality.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #293 on: May 05, 2008, 09:24:30 AM »

I really doubt that VR will continue... at least for a while... Slash want to record a solo album n' Duff will return with Loaded so I doubt... but

what about Ian Astbury? kickin' ass performer n' if he sang covers of Doors with Manzarek, Krieger n' Densmore in The Doors of 21st Century why don't he could sing covers from the another L.A. greatest band  Wink

Eric Dover have a great voice... n' sounds more possible

Also is friend n' former bandmate with Matt  Wink
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #294 on: May 05, 2008, 12:28:36 PM »

i think they will get someone completly new that no one has worked with before maybe

what does eric dover look like these days anyways? havnt heard much since snakepit

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #295 on: May 05, 2008, 12:46:39 PM »

i think they will get someone completly new that no one has worked with before maybe

what does eric dover look like these days anyways? havnt heard much since snakepit

He toured with Gilby Clarke on South America last December... playin' guitar n' lead vocals in some Snakepit n' Supernova tunes... (also SCOM)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #296 on: May 05, 2008, 11:23:25 PM »

Eric from 07.  I like him too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxvBPZBTr0

Older song from him... cool voice..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1NZOpyNsIk&NR=1

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:29:04 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2008, 02:15:23 AM »

I wouldn't mind if VR goes on a hiatus so that Slash can release his solo work. Cheesy

Fuck 'Em All.
stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2008, 09:45:39 AM »

Sebastian Bach did an interview today w/ a local radio station in Tampa, Florida for promotion of his upcoming show w/ Poison.   
Nothing too new, but they asked him that there was rumor that he might be in the running (again) for the lead singer of VR. 
He said he talked to Slash a couple of weeks ago but said that he really wasn?t interested at this point.  He said that he wouldn?t feel right about it due to his friendship with Axl and also he couldn?t see himself singing Scott Weiland songs.  However, he didn?t rule it out.  He said that they would have to write some really killer music together in order for him to consider it.  He said he believes his new album is better than any VR one.   
I don?t see him a good fit for VR either.   

On a side note, he must have dropped Axl?s name like 20x in that 5 min interview.   It was weird that the DJ didn?t ask him to elaborate on any of it. 
The only thing the DJ asked about Axl was that if they ever sat around and said ? we need to get our old bands back together.  Bach of course said that has never come up in conversation.  He said that would be like saying.. ?Hey, I wish we could go back to High School?. 
Bach did say that Dr. Pepper owes him a case now. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2008, 12:10:19 PM »

Sebastian Bach did an interview today w/ a local radio station in Tampa, Florida for promotion of his upcoming show w/ Poison.   
Nothing too new, but they asked him that there was rumor that he might be in the running (again) for the lead singer of VR. 
He said he talked to Slash a couple of weeks ago but said that he really wasn?t interested at this point.  He said that he wouldn?t feel right about it due to his friendship with Axl and also he couldn?t see himself singing Scott Weiland songs.  However, he didn?t rule it out.  He said that they would have to write some really killer music together in order for him to consider it.  He said he believes his new album is better than any VR one.   
I don?t see him a good fit for VR either.   

On a side note, he must have dropped Axl?s name like 20x in that 5 min interview.   It was weird that the DJ didn?t ask him to elaborate on any of it. 
The only thing the DJ asked about Axl was that if they ever sat around and said ? we need to get our old bands back together.  Bach of course said that has never come up in conversation.  He said that would be like saying.. ?Hey, I wish we could go back to High School?. 
Bach did say that Dr. Pepper owes him a case now. 

Very interesting. 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: