Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:30:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who Should the Next VR Singer be?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Should the Next VR Singer be?  (Read 163777 times)
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2008, 08:05:08 PM »

Velvet Revolver + Paul Rodgers
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2008, 11:44:28 PM »

Ok seriously...why on earth does everyone keeping naming people who are currently tied in with other projects? especially ones more successful than VR? Paul Rogers, Chad Kroeger, Daughtry, Chris Robinson, Mike Ness, Chris Cornell: None of them has a remote chance of leaving what they're doing to join VR.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2008, 12:11:14 AM »

Because it was a joke.

Honestly, I can't think of anyone that's both interesting and available. But either Brett Scallions, Brody Dale, or an unknown seems like the way to go.
Sharky-dude
Headliner

Silence Isn't Golden When I'm Holding It Inside

« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2008, 12:51:55 AM »

To the guy who recommended James Michael.  I agree he is a a very good singer, but I highly doubt he would do it.  For one he's in Sixx:AM with Nikki Sixx and he's producing the new Crue album.  So he's probably gonna be busy for awhile.  I still think Hal Ozsan is the best choice for the new singer. Not only does he seem really cool, but he can sing and write with the best of them.  Check out the following two songs and see what you think of him in his old band.  (who by the way were the best young band i've seen in awhile)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvukow22eQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyCHUvV2rLA&feature=related         (song starts at about 1:30)

actually, I think james is a great idea, Sixx am is all but done and what does he do after the new crue disc? Hal's a good choice too but a major point to understand is that the new vocalist HAS to be a good songwriter, otherwise theyre doomed.

!go Jets go!
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2008, 06:35:23 AM »

Anyone know what John Bush's status is currently? I know he turned down rejoining Anthrax after they split with Joey for the 2nd time. I think he said it's because his wife had a kid, but it may have been because he didn't wanna get into a situation like that, ya know where your 2nd choice.

overmatik
« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2008, 11:21:20 AM »

What about Travis Meeks? I heard he's clean now, and I think he auditioned for the Project. Too bad Mike Patton is a Wacko Son of a Gun... Sad
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2008, 11:42:27 AM »

Not sure why everyone keeps throwing famous singers out there.  I mean they already did that for 4 years and look how that ended. They should find someone who is not very well known and forge a new identity as a band. IMO

how about  this guy

unknown, can sing + new identity
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »

What about Travis Meeks? I heard he's clean now, and I think he auditioned for the Project. Too bad Mike Patton is a Wacko Son of a Gun... Sad

i love Days of the new and was so excited when he was rumored to be the guy

but then slash said this

December 11th, 2002
UPDATE: DAYS OF THE NEW Frontman Unlikely To Land Gig With Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Members

Contrary to a press release issued by the DAYS OF THE NEW camp suggesting that the group's founder, Travis Meeks, is the frontrunner for the vocalist position in the new band of former GUNS N' ROSES members Slash (guitar), Duff McKagan (bass), Izzy Stradlin (guitar), and Matt Sorum (drums), a source close to ex-GNR camp has informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET that Meeks is unlikely to land the much-coveted slot, which remains unfilled at the present time.
Meeks, who is currently working on a new DAYS OF THE NEW album for an early 2003 release, is said to have put down his vocals over several tracks written by Slash and Co. as part of the auditioning process, but has not come up with anything that has caught the ear of the guitarist, who is said to have a very specific idea of what he is looking for.

The as-yet-unnamed band ? who have been together since May ? have already auditioned a number of well-known candidates, including ex-BUCKCHERRY frontman Joshua Todd, PSYCHOTICA's Pat Briggs, LIT's A. Jay Popoff and former NEUROTICA singer Kelly Shaefer.

Although Izzy is said to be involved in the writing process for the group's upcoming debut album, he will not be touring with the band, who have now officially recruited McKagan's LOADED bandmate Dave Kushner as a session guitarist for all live appearances in support of the CD.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=602

so i dont think it will happen but it would rock for sure if it did

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »

Not sure why everyone keeps throwing famous singers out there.  I mean they already did that for 4 years and look how that ended. They should find someone who is not very well known and forge a new identity as a band. IMO

how about  this guy

unknown, can sing + new identity

hahaha

Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2008, 04:03:05 PM »

Any takers on a bet that VR find a new singer, rehearse, record a new album and tour before Waxl finally drops CD?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »

Not me, but I'll put money on a deleted post and/or negative karma coming your way....    beer
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2008, 04:29:45 PM »

http://www.mattsorum.tv/channel/2008/04/03...-goodbye-scott/

Hey Friends, Want to give a very special thanks to our amazing crew, These are the guys and girl that work there asses off bouncing around on a tour bus then getting up after no sleep to set up all the gear, get the dressing rooms ready, food for the crew and band etc etc. Hard working dedicated people who love the traveling rock n roll show. They are the foundation of Velvet Revolver. Love U guys!!!! And as you all know by now it was our last show with Scott Weiland It was great to be in the UK and Europe playing for all you great fans. Thank you for your support as well as your passion. you people go crazy and we love it. Took some pictures with my girl In Amsterdam before we left for the airport today. Feeling good about the future. Going to get back to work right away on some new music and hope to have exciting news soon.
As for Scott I wish him well.
Stay Tuned!!!!!!
Love, Matt

Didn't need it's own topic.

but it seems to me they already have a singer in mind. of perhaps an eye on someone. cause they are already going back into the studio. yeah I know putting down the music.. but they need vocals. they might have  deal with someone. (not suggesting Axl!)
but Hey cool they will be back somewhere round summer/fall/winter.  Hope cd is out before their 3rd record! Tongue
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2008, 05:13:48 PM »

i still think Corey Glover is one of the best option.

check this video and imagine some slash solos on it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-61AYZPvpEw

(he's the ex-singer of living color, a very good band).
one of my fave tracks of the gang :

http://www.deezer.com/track/71610

amazing voice :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fee1UDqGRs&feature=related

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2008, 05:33:46 PM »

Why would the rest of the band keep going?

Slash has already talked about a solo album he wants to put out.

/jarmo

lol
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #214 on: April 03, 2008, 05:40:22 PM »

how about a load of guest singers, let them do a song each
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #215 on: April 03, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »

The best "singer" Slash as been with since GNR was Rod Jackson, but apparently he is like Scott, but with awesome pipes and range!  Snakepit II was a killer band.  Actually, because they had a great singer (not always lyrics, but voice) they almost were a better band.  I like that 70's style Rod had.  That is the direction they should go.  Maybe Rod is clean now or something.  He would fucking rock on Slither.

For those that don't know of live Rod, here it is.  fuck, talk about a set of pipes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2999XTL0U8g&feature=related
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 07:28:07 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: April 03, 2008, 09:04:34 PM »

Rod would be a bad choice. I remember seeing Snakepit II as the opening act for AC/DC  at Madison Square Garden in 2000.  At one point he asked the crowd how everyone was doing. There was DEAD silence. The only time that the crowd was alive during that performance  was when the band did a rendition of Mr. Brownstone.
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #217 on: April 03, 2008, 09:09:03 PM »

Rod would be a bad choice. I remember seeing Snakepit II as the opening act for AC/DC  at Madison Square Garden in 2000.  At one point he asked the crowd how everyone was doing. There was DEAD silence. The only time that the crowd was alive during that performance  was when the band did a rendition of Mr. Brownstone.

That kind of audience reaction is typical disrespect ... Snakepit II was a fucking awesome band, and I'd have LOVED to have been there at Madison Sq Gdn ...

It's like when Bullet for my Valentine opened for GnR ... the crowds were fucking horrible to them ... and the worst thing is ... Bullet are a fucking AWESOME band (whatever small minded GnR fans may think) ... sure, they weren't the same style of music as GnR, but Axl had them open for GnR for a while ... surely the band's fans should have some level of respect for the opening bands ... especially since these bands I'm talking about were excellent!

Re: the new singer ... fuck ... i don't care ... I know they'll pick someone good Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2008, 10:51:47 PM »

That kind of audience reaction is typical disrespect ... Snakepit II was a fucking awesome band, and I'd have LOVED to have been there at Madison Sq Gdn ...

It's like when Bullet for my Valentine opened for GnR ... the crowds were fucking horrible to them ... and the worst thing is ... Bullet are a fucking AWESOME band (whatever small minded GnR fans may think) ... sure, they weren't the same style of music as GnR, but Axl had them open for GnR for a while ... surely the band's fans should have some level of respect for the opening bands ... especially since these bands I'm talking about were excellent!

Re: the new singer ... fuck ... i don't care ... I know they'll pick someone good Smiley

I am not a fan of BFMV but I didn't boo them like most of the crowd at the Hammerstein show. I don't think it was them as much as the whole building was just so pumped the fuck up it didn't matter who was up there, it wasn't Axl.

SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2008, 10:57:03 PM »

the whole building was just so pumped the fuck up it didn't matter who was up there, it wasn't Axl.

You just nailed it on the head ... and most of the time, this is something that ... especially with psycho hardcore nutter fans of massive bands ... happens a lot.  I think it's grossly unfair ... bands go on tour as support to try and break and make it ... that's the usual reason ... and for an audience to give them such a terrible reception is awful.  It's scary being on stage!!!  I know... I've played a fair number of gigs ... one even on stage at a festival with thousands of people watching.  Luckily our audience that day was insane and brilliant ... but if we'd have been supporting GnR, we'd probably have gotten boo'd off stage! lol

Ah well ... Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: