Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 02:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who Should the Next VR Singer be?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Should the Next VR Singer be?  (Read 155466 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #400 on: May 18, 2008, 04:44:18 PM »

buckcherry sucks donkey balls.."Lit Up" is their only good tune IMO

I agree... They are a bad copy of appetite...  I enjoy them, but they don't inspire me at all..  And yes shotgun, JT is a human vacuum for cocain.

Glad you know him.  You can say they're a rip off of GnR or AC/DC but at least their music is genuine.  There's a reason that they have continued to sell records for nearly a decade even as the industry declines and even though they've never had even halfway decent label support, their music has an authentic and genuine type of energy, which is something that VR desperately needs
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #401 on: May 18, 2008, 06:54:11 PM »

I agree... They are a bad copy of appetite...  I enjoy them, but they don't inspire me at all..  And yes shotgun, JT is a human vacuum for cocain.

Glad you know him.  You can say they're a rip off of GnR or AC/DC but at least their music is genuine.  There's a reason that they have continued to sell records for nearly a decade even as the industry declines and even though they've never had even halfway decent label support, their music has an authentic and genuine type of energy, which is something that VR desperately needs

Jet sold well too.  Neither are original. AC/DC and GNR were.  Get it?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #402 on: May 18, 2008, 11:24:53 PM »

Jet sold well too.  Neither are original. AC/DC and GNR were.  Get it?

But I never said Buckcherry was original did I?  I said their music had a genuine and authentic energy to it.  .  Besides, it's not like VR attempts to be original in any way, shape or form so why is that even relevant to the discussion?  VR goes out of their way to tell everybody that they're authentic and that they make "real" rock n' roll, they mention it in every interview.  Meanwhile Buckcherry just does it, and people can tell they are genuine, which is why their last album sold a million copies with cheap videos and very little promotion aside from constant touring, and VR couldn't even crack 250,000 with a big budget video, interviews in every rock magazine, late night talk show appearances, heavy label promotion.  VR needs to stop telling everyone that they're this great, "real" rock band and just be it

VR's music is a far cry from creative or original, so if they want people to start caring about them again they have to actually make it genuine.  They can't just phone it in and hope the name of the band they used to be in sells records for them.  That worked once, it won't work again

Either way, this whole argument only started because people keep making irrational suggestions for who the lead singer would be.  The notion of Josh Todd leaving his own band which is flying high to a band that's on life support and kicked him out without an explanation is illogical.  Same with Chester Bennington, leaving his own highly successful band for a collapsed supergroup whose last album flopped badly
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 11:29:51 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #403 on: May 19, 2008, 11:08:59 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER Drummer Says Singer Search Is 'Coming Along' - May 19, 2008

Sorum has had a busy couple of weeks between launching his boutique and paying tribute to bandmate Slash at a recent MusiCares benefit. But he also told The Pulse of Radio that the search for a new VELVET REVOLVER singer is moving forward. "It's coming along," he said. "People are sending stuff in. The first time we were looking for a singer it was a little tougher, 'cause people didn't really know what we were doing musically, I guess. So this time it's gotten out of control, especially with the Internet and things like that, we've got just thousands and thousands of people coming at us with, you know, auditions."

Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #404 on: May 19, 2008, 11:15:42 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER Drummer Says Singer Search Is 'Coming Along' - May 19, 2008

Sorum has had a busy couple of weeks between launching his boutique and paying tribute to bandmate Slash at a recent MusiCares benefit. But he also told The Pulse of Radio that the search for a new VELVET REVOLVER singer is moving forward. "It's coming along," he said. "People are sending stuff in. The first time we were looking for a singer it was a little tougher, 'cause people didn't really know what we were doing musically, I guess. So this time it's gotten out of control, especially with the Internet and things like that, we've got just thousands and thousands of people coming at us with, you know, auditions."

Blabbermouth.net

I would rather hear that hey have a top 5...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #405 on: May 20, 2008, 03:36:57 AM »

Matt Sorum ofcourse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdqo1rQuck&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd8xb-htQ6c&feature=related

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #406 on: May 21, 2008, 10:19:56 PM »

paul black is free now

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #407 on: May 23, 2008, 10:16:54 AM »

What about:
                     Jeff Keith from Tesla,
                     Corey Glover Living Color
                     Josh Homme Queens of the Stone of Age
                     Dave Wyndorf Monster Magnet
                     Mark Lanegan Screaming Trees
                     Scott Stapp Creed
                     John Bush Anthrax

I have not heard these guys in a while and I think they may be suitable candidates for the VR gig.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #408 on: May 23, 2008, 10:22:16 AM »

Josh Homme Queens of the Stone of Age
                     Dave Wyndorf Monster Magnet

Scott Stapp Creed

I have not heard these guys in a while and I think they may be suitable candidates for the VR gig.

absolutely not josh home
wyndorf could be cool but didn't monster magnet release a new album like last year..
scott stapp, not another grunge singer for me
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #409 on: May 23, 2008, 10:36:31 AM »

Mark Lanegan Screaming Trees

He's busy in his new band Gutter Twins with his good friend Greg Dulli and also touring to promote the new album he just released with Isobel Campbell.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Second Hand Smoke
Opening Act

« Reply #410 on: May 26, 2008, 10:11:17 AM »

I know that its just people freely posting things but some people are saying on the Rolling Stone site that there is a guy from the UK with the initials NS. He supposedly jammed with them and they liked, when they were over there. I wonder if anyone on this board has heard anything about this.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #411 on: May 26, 2008, 12:36:35 PM »

Would be prettyfunny if somehow Mark Lanegan did it.

Jarmo's head would explode cause he would then have to support VR hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #412 on: May 26, 2008, 01:53:47 PM »

Lol would love Lanegan in VR.
Would be funny coz at the Lanegan forum they hate slash so the bitchin wud be endless  Wink
Never happen though coz VR aint Lanegan's thing, and would mean id have to wait longer for anuva solo album.
Still think chris cornell would work, he needs to be in a decent band after the train wreck of a 2nd solo album
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #413 on: May 26, 2008, 02:46:16 PM »

Would be funny coz at the Lanegan forum they hate slash so the bitchin wud be endless  Wink
Never happen though coz VR aint Lanegan's thing, and would mean id have to wait longer for anuva solo album.

Gutter Twins > VR.....  Tongue

Maybe Matt Sorum would love the idea of Mark singing for VR. At least he's not dancing around the stage stealing all the attention from him.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #414 on: May 26, 2008, 03:27:27 PM »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/video_news/velvet_revolver_say_no_to_reality_show_plan_to_announce_lead_vocalist.html

interesting

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Second Hand Smoke
Opening Act

« Reply #415 on: May 26, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »

I don't think that they are planning to annouce the lead singer.  I think they are going to announce the online audition thing and give people the heads up as to where to submit their videos and such.
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #416 on: May 26, 2008, 04:35:36 PM »

the most interesting thing was the name change part

that would suggest to me an established frontman will be the singer

then again who knows.....

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2008, 04:44:36 PM »

Gutter Twins > VR.....  Tongue

Maybe Matt Sorum would love the idea of Mark singing for VR. At least he's not dancing around the stage stealing all the attention from him.....

/jarmo
Yeh GT>VR, perhaps VR could take that as an example, have to lead singers, as long as Duff is one  Cheesy
Not sure what sorum would make of Mark, the man who does absolutely nufin and manages to have a huge stage presence. At least he wudnt have to jump in to the crowd if sum1s being a dick, would just stare at them, trust me when he does that its enuf to make ur head explode  peace

Think VR shud get duff to sing more though, he's no frontman but he has the chop's
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »

they might come back called just: Revolver
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #419 on: May 29, 2008, 06:47:03 PM »

lenny kravitz Grin
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: