Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:17:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR and American Idol
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR and American Idol  (Read 5614 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« on: March 20, 2008, 07:54:35 PM »

I don't know if anybody noticed, but on American Idol they had their token "rocker chick" eliminated last night.  I just thought it was cool that she's a) from Lafayette, Indiana (like Axl), and listed GNR as one of her "artists she was influenced by," along with CCR, Bob Seger, and Janis Joplin.  Unfortunately, had she made it through last night's show, she'd be on the American Idol tour (top 10).

peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »

I allways wondered what would happen if axl went in to the auditions for that in like disguise, i always wanted to hear what Simon would say, prbly tear him apart, but then Axl could be like well to bad I sold more records than all of your supposed American Idols combine! I don't know i allways thought that that would be funny.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:46:12 PM »

Amanda Overmyer.  She is awesome!  I was rooting her on week after week.  I knew she'd be eliminated at some point because AI is looking for................eh, different types of singers.  I'll just put it that way.

But she got more than enough exposure to possibly get herself signed to a label.

If anyone is curious about her check out my myspace profile or just look her up on youtube.  She rocks!

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 10:12:30 PM »

I noticed she's from Indiana..She made a comment that it doesn't matter where she plays here or a bar in Lafeyette...When the contestents did the cheesey song together her part reminded me of Axl during his "duets"/guest appearence, especially Salt of the Earth,...Both of their unique voices stood out from the other (singers)..
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 12:14:36 AM »

American Idol: A.K.A the death of the american artist.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 04:43:46 AM »

People still watch this crap? Really....

Fuck 'Em All.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 04:49:05 AM »

Some of us never did.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 09:08:22 AM »

I don't know if anybody noticed, but on American Idol they had their token "rocker chick" eliminated last night.  I just thought it was cool that she's a) from Lafayette, Indiana (like Axl), and listed GNR as one of her "artists she was influenced by," along with CCR, Bob Seger, and Janis Joplin.  Unfortunately, had she made it through last night's show, she'd be on the American Idol tour (top 10).

American Idol is such a joke. She talked shit to Simon, so she was the very next one to be eliminated. That's the way it always works. I can't believe anyone still believes this is a legitimate popularity contest.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 09:26:07 AM »

yeh , personally I cant believe this shits on a gnr forum...

I mean really...............

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 10:39:43 AM »

I allways wondered what would happen if axl went in to the auditions for that in like disguise, i always wanted to hear what Simon would say, prbly tear him apart, but then Axl could be like well to bad I sold more records than all of your supposed American Idols combine! I don't know i allways thought that that would be funny.

I don't like Nickelback but they did that on the Stern show. Simon was on as a guest and the singer from Nickelback came in and said he wanted to audition. Simon didn't know who he was and said the guy would never have a hit.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 11:06:08 AM »

to paraphrase Jules from Pulp Fiction: "My wifer watches American Idol, therefore I watch American Idol".
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 08:23:47 PM »

I don't like Nickelback but they did that on the Stern show. Simon was on as a guest and the singer from Nickelback came in and said he wanted to audition. Simon didn't know who he was and said the guy would never have a hit.

Actually, wasn't that a few years back on Stern with the band Saliva?  Didn't they do a SpiderMan song for Simon?  Maybe they tricked him twice, I don't know, funny either way.   hihi

Gunns1, there isn't too much going on in GNR world, so when I see somebody performing in front of 20 to 30 million people who lists one of her main influences as GNR, I think it's relevant.  She also rated Carrie Underwood as the best Idol winner ever (obviously), and we all know Carrie's done a pretty good job covering 4 GNR tunes.  It's cool in my eyes.  peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »

Actually, wasn't that a few years back on Stern with the band Saliva?  Didn't they do a SpiderMan song for Simon?  Maybe they tricked him twice, I don't know, funny either way.   hihi

Gunns1, there isn't too much going on in GNR world, so when I see somebody performing in front of 20 to 30 million people who lists one of her main influences as GNR, I think it's relevant.  She also rated Carrie Underwood as the best Idol winner ever (obviously), and we all know Carrie's done a pretty good job covering 4 GNR tunes.  It's cool in my eyes.  peace

It was the spiderman song but I think that was by The guy from Saliva and the singer from Nickelback and the latter of the two was on the show. I could be way off tho.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 10:40:58 PM »

It was the spiderman song but I think that was by The guy from Saliva and the singer from Nickelback and the latter of the two was on the show. I could be way off tho.

cool.  it was a couple years back.  funny stuff.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 12:47:04 AM »

Me too. I mean Axl can hit the notes and stuff, I think he'd get chewed out for being too raspy/gritty.
world war
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 03:53:42 PM »

c'mon guys

if axl screeched out a song that was too heavy like jungle or whatever....yes, simon would probably discriminate.

but axl has an amazing singing voice too. look at the new versions of knocking on heaven's door. he could sing any mainstream song in his natural singing voice and do well on american idol. he is a pro and has been singing longer than some of these kids have been alive.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 09:45:59 PM »

let's face it, when the pros visit American Idol, they are treated with kid gloves.  as tough as Simon is, when it comes to the stars, they treat them with respect.  i'm sure Axl would be no different.  (you realize that there is a better chance of Mother Teresa having a snowball fight in hell than Axl ever setting foot anywhere near American Idol, right?)  hihi

it's fun to dream though.  peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »

American Karaoke!

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 11:35:50 PM »

I always thought Jason Castro was pretty cool. Of all the people I've seen on that show over the years, he is the only one I would actually buy an album of.

Even if he does appear high most of the time.
maynard
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 12:41:02 AM »

yeh , personally I cant believe this shits on a gnr forum...

I mean really...............

yeah, look at what this forum has become, discuss american idol  no
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: