Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:17:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R vs Metallica on 92.3 K-Rock's March Bracket Brawl MAR 28th at 4pm EDT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R vs Metallica on 92.3 K-Rock's March Bracket Brawl MAR 28th at 4pm EDT  (Read 16471 times)
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2008, 08:23:21 PM »

It really is a shame that almost EVERY topic on these boards turn into the same old shit. New vs old. I try hard not to give in to it, but lets look at who always seems to bring it up. You start reading this post, and its pretty simple, vote for your favorite band. So about 10 post go by, until someone has to say "I assume they mean todays line up".

Yeah, and then you're happy to be the guy who has to start reminding us all about the past....

I mean, you're the guy who's called GN'R a cover band. So I guess you're one of the "real fans".  Roll Eyes

Some of your heroes wanted GN'R to be dead and buried by now. The same people who are out there playing GN'R songs in their new bands while claiming they've moved on.

They didn't get their way, and that's why you have GN'R "covering GN'R songs".

I think it's time for you to deal with the reality that in 2008, GN'R doesn't have anything to do with those guys.

People don't fucking vote for the former members when they vote for a band who's music they like.

Many of us fans don't make a fucking difference. It's all GN'R to us.

We are all aware of the band's history, it seems that a group of bitter fucking people are always inclined to remind us of the past.

The clich? line "I'm not putting the new band down, I love them BUT...." is often present in these posts.

/jarmo

Well, you just brole the streak of being right all the time. You are talking as if I am one of those bitter people. Sure, I am not going to deny it, afd, uyi, lies, even SI are my favorite all time cd;s from my favorite band. When and IF chinese D. comes out, it will be added to that list. I see gnr for what they were AND are today. And as I stated, I really do try and not get mixed up in the old vs new. people are free to like what ever they want. I did use the term "cover band" at times. ONLY when other people come on here and say that this new bands "ownes" the songs because axl bought them? There was a time Michael Jackson bought the rights to the beatles catalogue. If he decided to play only beatle songs at his next concert with paul mcartney on paino, does that make them the beatles? I seen the old band 3 times and the new band 2 times. If they tour this year (with or with out a cd) I will see them again. I am not bitter, I really do enjoy the music. Even you have to admit that it gets disappointing at times that we dont get to hear some new songs, that all. What is wrong with wanting your favorite lead singer to sing some new songs? And as far as VR playing guns songs, why should they, they were part of them too. You say they wanted to move on, but play old songs. I have heard Axl say many times in the past that BOTH he and slash were moving in different directions. But they BOTH seem to be stuck playing songs that they were BOTH part of.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2008, 08:43:33 PM »

Well, you just brole the streak of being right all the time. You are talking as if I am one of those bitter people. Sure, I am not going to deny it, afd, uyi, lies, even SI are my favorite all time cd;s from my favorite band. When and IF chinese D. comes out, it will be added to that list. I see gnr for what they were AND are today. And as I stated, I really do try and not get mixed up in the old vs new. people are free to like what ever they want. I did use the term "cover band" at times. ONLY when other people come on here and say that this new bands "ownes" the songs because axl bought them?

I don't know what you're on about. Axl didn't buy any songs as far as I can remember.

I love all the old albums as well. I just don't get all upset when somebody thinks the new band plays those old songs better.

I just think it's a real waste of energy to try to cling onto the past like some of these so called "real fans" do.

Things happened, things changed, this is what reality is in 2008. Deal with it.

Instead of dealing with it, they're telling everybody how the new band sucks. I don't need that kind of people here as I've stated in the past.

We have an open door policy. Just leave if it's too much to handle to see a bunch of people supporting GN'R in 2008 while your heroes are out there pretending to be dangerous unpredictable rock stars.

The whole name thing is pretty simple. As long as Axl calls the band GN'R, it's GN'R.

You can't change that.

Must suck to have that chip on your shoulder. "My favorite band has the same name as they always did but my favorite guy quit the band and there's nothing I can do about it!  crying "

I'm glad you're not one of those guys who love to bring the old band into every thread.  ok

Now get back on topic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2008, 01:37:54 PM »

when somebody thinks the new band plays those old songs better.

It's an undeniable fact that the new band plays betterCheesy
and that I wouldn't be checking the us radio site but for this band. (and gypsy)

so
next round is on Monday 3/24 7pm at http://www.923krock.com/pages/1744599.php

the rounds after this are toughies.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2008, 02:43:02 AM »

when somebody thinks the new band plays those old songs better.

It's an undeniable fact that the new band plays betterCheesy
and that I wouldn't be checking the us radio site but for this band. (and gypsy)

so
next round is on Monday 3/24 7pm at http://www.923krock.com/pages/1744599.php

the rounds after this are toughies.

yeah my bracket had GNR beating Nirvana in the finals....now I tried not to be bias, but I honestly think GNR are better than Metallica and Zeppelin...I know some people might not agree but oh well...Metallica and Zeppelin are great bands but I thought GNR was better...and I like Nirvana but I always thought GNR blowed them out of the water...I never really got the whole grunge thing when it happened....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2008, 11:17:03 AM »

GN'R vs Beastie Boys was yesterday but they haven't updated the site with the result yet....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2008, 12:36:11 PM »

GN'R vs Beastie Boys was yesterday but they haven't updated the site with the result yet....

/jarmo

Guns N Roses 73.3% - Beastie Boys 26.7%
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2008, 12:40:36 PM »

/jarmo

Guns N Roses 73.3% - Beastie Boys 26.7%

I can't believe it was even that close.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2008, 12:54:44 AM »

I thought that Beatie Boy matchup would have been a little closer...K ROck is the rock station here in my area and you would be surprised the kind of bullshit they play...I think its going to come down to GNR vs Metallica in the elite 8...that is going to be a tough one
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2008, 01:35:51 PM »

Ok, so now its ACDC (w/ Brian) vs GNR

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2008, 01:52:04 PM »

It's very silly to make a sport contest out of music.

This signature is very funny.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2008, 01:54:30 PM »

K ROck is the rock station here in my area and you would be surprised the kind of bullshit they play

Yeah...I live in the Tri-State too but I gotta say this NEW version of K-Rock is nowhere near as bad as the one of a few years ago. I heard Estranged on their station about two weeks ago and nearly crashed the car. I've never heard that song on the radio before...not even when the video was released.

Regardless...I think this latest airplay stunt might work out well for the station and just might keep them from going back to the 'talk' format. Now THAT blew!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2008, 02:04:58 PM »

Ok, so now its ACDC (w/ Brian) vs GNR

You can vote right now http://www.923krock.com/pages/1744599.php

/jarmo

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2008, 02:25:14 PM »

Guns N Roses 73.9% - AC/DC (Johnson) 26.1%

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2008, 02:26:40 PM »

Cheesy

That's cool.

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2008, 02:43:04 PM »

Cheesy

That's cool.

/jarmo

I didn't think it would be that decisive.  But, AC/DC has nowhere near the depth of GN'R and nothing they did ever approached Appetite.

Ali
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2008, 03:31:36 PM »

Holy Shit!! that is awesome....im telling you GNR is going to give Metallica trouble....I think they can win that...just look at the numbers ...GNR hasnt even been in a close match yet...and I thought AC/DC would have been alot closer
EagleDiver182
Opening Act

Hey Fuckers!!! Suck on Guns N' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2008, 10:28:18 PM »

Everybody, Guns n' Roses have one more round till the finals come on!! Its tommorow (WEDNESDAY, march 28th) at 4pm eastern time zone! Go onto http://www.923krock.com/ click on the center ad that says bracket brawl or you can text guns n' roses to 69923... They are up against metallica so we never everyone's vote. it wont be easy.

It wouldnt even matter a thing that I said
You made your mark, I've been gone anyways
And theres no use now in dragging it on
You should have seen me coming all along
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2008, 10:55:55 PM »

March 28th is a Friday.

At least in this part of the world. Wink

/jarmo

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2008, 11:00:27 PM »

yes...we need to get Gn'R to beat Metallica.....well, we need them to go all the way, but if they lose to Zeppelin I wont be AS dissapointed

Axl is God.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2008, 11:13:45 PM »

Cheesy

That's cool.

/jarmo

I didn't think it would be that decisive.  But, AC/DC has nowhere near the depth of GN'R and nothing they did ever approached Appetite.

Ali

Back In Black is the 2nd greatest hard rock album ever, right behind Appetite.  But not too far behind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: