Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:18:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R vs Metallica on 92.3 K-Rock's March Bracket Brawl MAR 28th at 4pm EDT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R vs Metallica on 92.3 K-Rock's March Bracket Brawl MAR 28th at 4pm EDT  (Read 16485 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 03:00:18 AM »

I hope people are basing their votes on Axl, Tommy, Richard, Robin, Ron, Chris, Frank, and Dizzy.  Not the other guys !!!

i think they mean GnR from then till now, the entire 20 some year history.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 10:30:36 AM »

Guns N' Roses advance now to the second round for them, and its against the beastie boys which they will win of course, its this monday same time, around 720pm eastern time zone. but remember guys you can vote no matter state u are in, just text guns n roses, at that time on monday to 69923(ny923). with all the guns fans across america alone we could get them to win the whole tournament! lets do it!
Everyone on the planet can vote for FREE on that radio station's website:
http://www.923krock.com/pages/1771835.php

As much as I'd love to see GNR win, bottom line is that it is just a silly radio game and standard text messaging rates ($$$) apply so if we can vote for FREE online than that's the way to go.

We GNR fans need to be saving up our $$$ for when more important things are available.  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »

Well, I think those pools are like "which band has more obsessive fans". Tongue

But I'll vote for GNR. Grin

Jimi Hendrix beat Kiss? Please thats retarded.
Wow.

Nevermind...

Voodoo Chile OWNS anything KISS has ever and ever will record.  peace
I hope you really wanted to talk about Voodoo Chile instead of just mispelled the song Voodoo Child because those are two different songs (you may know, but I often see people mistaken it).

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 04:20:06 PM »

GN'R: 90.5%
Skid Row: 9.5%

/jarmo

I really want to know who this 9.5% is.. hihi

i mean I love Skid Row but come on...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 04:24:08 PM »

I hope people are basing their votes on Axl, Tommy, Richard, Robin, Ron, Chris, Frank, and Dizzy.  Not the other guys !!!

considering every Guns N Roses song ever released with the exception of "oh my god" is by Axl and "the other guys" I am assuming that is the band the votes are being based on....

i love the new band and have seen them several times, so that is not a shot at them...but the general rock fan has no idea what they sound like unless they have seen them in concert or downloaded some stuff...all the songs K-Rock plays are the old line-up
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 07:19:07 PM »

considering every Guns N Roses song ever released with the exception of "oh my god" is by Axl and "the other guys" I am assuming that is the band the votes are being based on....
I disagree.  As part of the 90.5%, my votes were based on my obsession with GNR as they are today.  And based on the fact that the paper used a recent pic of Axl to advertise this game (especially with the story being about Van Halen's disqualification), I think it's the current fans that were drawn in to vote.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 07:40:25 PM »

Kind of unfair to put Skid Row up against GNR when they never were anywhere near as big as GNR.

Skid Rows Slave To the Grind equally matches up to Appetite, no question.

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 07:46:18 PM »

Blasphemy!

You're on a GN'R site saying that.

Not only are you in the minority in the real world, but here you'll feel even more alone with an opinion like that!  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »

Im pretty sure Mr Lee is being sarcastic right?

I love Slave to The Grind but............

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 07:59:18 PM »

a 100% agree with Jarmo. its not often that happens  hihi

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 08:02:43 PM »

Jimi Hendrix beat Kiss? Please thats retarded.

I thought that you were a guitarist?

So does he...

HAHA yeah, Id wipe the floor with u using one hand on guitar. Stick to your tabs junior. ok

Id take Kiss anyday of the week, better songs better live show better stage presence, way more entertaining.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 08:39:15 PM »

Blasphemy!

Not only are you in the minority in the real world, but here you'll feel even more alone with an opinion like that!  Tongue

/jarmo

Well i dont really want to argue because its about personal tastes but.

How doesnt Slave compare, in many ways Slave is more original than Appetite, musically. And Bach (back then) was a better vocalist than Axl.

(may i just add, i said it matches up, i wouldnt say ones better than the other, they both have great songs start to finish and are both kick ass and raw)

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 08:40:27 PM »

Blasphemy!

/jarmo

Well i dont really want to argue because its about personal tastes but.

How doesnt Slave compare, in many ways Slave is more original than Appetite, musically. And Bach (back then) was a better vocalist than Axl.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MR Lee has balls of brass, I gotta give him that.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 08:41:42 PM »

lol ^ i dont care, ill state my opinion. If loads of people will argue back then ill simply just not reply because im too tired right now, and at the end of the day its only an opinion right Wink .

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 08:43:56 PM »

Wasted time could've been as big as Sweet Child O Mine except for one thing. Lack of guitar skillz.

SCOM is set apart by every other love ballad cause of the iconic intro and solos.

STTG's guitar playing is nowhere near Appetites. Lyrics and songs are no where near Axl and Izzy's and Bach's voice has nowhere the diversity and quality of Axl's.

I would take Wasted Time over Think About You, Slave to The Grind over You're Crazy, My Michelle Anything Goes and maybe Out Ta Get Me.

Other than that............
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 08:47:33 PM by D » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 08:44:56 PM »

oh, im talking riffs. Not solos, no way do i think Scotti plays better guitar solos than slash.  I think the riffs in Slave are more original in style than appetites.

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 08:46:22 PM »

Funny how only Skid Row fans seem to agree with you.

The rest of the music listening public, including GN'R fans, seem to think of Appetite as one of the greatest rock albums of all times! It's compared to albums by bands like the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Sex Pistols etc etc.

That album pretty much inspired all your current favorite Swedish sleaze metal bands.

Just like Never Mind The Bollocks in the 70s and Nevermind in the 90s, it inspired people. Slave To The Grind made people go "hell yeah!".....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »

Jarmo, im not denying how good Appetite is or its influence on the bands i love!!!

Im just saying i think STTG and AFD are equal in awesomeness. I heard both albums round about the same time in my life and i love them both, BUT on originality i feel the mix up metal/rock sound Skid Row got on that album was more original than the Aerosmith blues style GNR got on appetite. Doesnt mean i think Appetite is crap or doesnt deserve its recognition because it totally does. But i would definately also say i feel STTG is terribily Under-rated.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 08:51:26 PM »

Jarmo, im not denying how good Appetite is or its influence on the bands i love!!!

Im just saying i think STTG and AFD are equal in awesomeness. I heard both albums round about the same time in my life and i love them both, BUT on originality i feel the mix up metal/rock sound Skid Row got on that album was more original than the Aerosmith blues style GNR got on appetite. Doesnt mean i think Appetite is crap or doesnt deserve its recognition because it totally does. But i would definately also say i feel STTG is terribily Under-rated.

Appetite wipes the floor with any album Aerosmith ever did as well.

I am the champion of everyone having their own opinion. I mean hell I thinK Bon Jovi are better than Led Zeppelin so i guess I shouldn't bash u for saying that.

Im just shocked u would say that on a GNR forum. hihi kinda cool!

Definitely don't agree with u and think u are insane, but props for saying it and defending it.

Also, back on topic:

Does GNR really deserve the title as best 80's band? I dont really consider them to be an 80's band.  If the final was Bon Jovi vs GNR for the best 80's band. Not best overall band but just based on the 80's. It would be hard to put GNR over Bon Jovi. BJ were THE 80's band.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 08:54:06 PM »

Appetite wipes the floor with any album Aerosmith ever did as well.

I am the champion of everyone having their own opinion. I mean hell I thinK Bon Jovi are better than Led Zeppelin so i guess I shouldn't bash u for saying that.

Im just shocked u would say that on a GNR forum. hihi kinda cool!

Definitely don't agree with u and think u are insane, but props for saying it and defending it.

Yes, yes it does.

But Steve Tyler....is a force to be reckoned with! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQ_A68iDww&feature=related

html sucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: