Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  WWE Game IX: Highway to Hell
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WWE Game IX: Highway to Hell  (Read 105169 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »

Cody Rhodes I guess...I really hate this game with so many ppl but oh well

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2008, 01:49:17 AM »

Cody Rhodes I guess...I really hate this game with so many ppl but oh well

I agree.

Its getting to the point where I think we need to rethink some stuff.

My main beef right now is probably scoring.

With such a low number of scoring wrestlers. If someone gets a hot champion, I just feel the title points etc are way too high.

I think it should be more like 10 for a defense, 15 to win that way Champions aren't more heavily weighted.

Cause if u get a couple champs who defend, u are gonna win.  If u dont have any champions are your roster. its gonna be very tough to compete.

I remember a few games back, the one Malcolm won, Neemo had John Cena and 4 of us on his roster and came within 10 pts of a title. That shouldnt happen.

Also, I think there should be scoring for In Ring Promos and Run In's etc. Its a shame when your wrestler is apart of the show for 30 minutes and gets 0 pts.  Promos in the ring are just as much apart of wrestling as the actual wrestling. This would solve some problems cause it would make people like Vince McMahon a valuable pick. william regal.

This old scoring model worked for 8 to 10 but now its getting a little outdated.

Im not sayin u get pts for a guy walkin backstage, but if its a part of the show such as a promo, backstage interview, run in, u should get something.

So they should count as match pts
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:58:40 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Rasputin
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2008, 01:57:52 AM »

i know my picks werent very good, but i love those guys
ill go with a wreslter i like over a big-time wreslter i cant stand
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2008, 01:59:42 AM »

i know my picks werent very good, but i love those guys
ill go with a wreslter i like over a big-time wreslter i cant stand

HAHA, that will get u big time last place hihi hihi I didnt even know Shannon Moore was still alive to be honest

Fuck it, with my third pick, Im taking Tugboat!

Rasputin
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2008, 02:09:47 AM »

hey, if im playin for cash, ill pick the wreslters with the nose in Vinces, ass
for a game, ill take the people im gunna want to see win
besides, if Vince does by some chance decide to hand the tag team titles to him, he'll get me some points  Grin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2008, 05:25:13 AM »

I really hate this game with so many ppl but oh well
Well, to cut back on numbers in the past we have suggested on relegating whoever comes bottom to the F-1 Game Tongue

Its getting to the point where I think we need to rethink some stuff.

Maybe, but we've already made changes for this game and once drafting starts, rules can't be changed....

I think it should be more like 10 for a defense, 15 to win that way Champions aren't more heavily weighted.

Should n't a Champion be rewarded for doing well?  Hell if they lost their belt they get - points, maybe they should get more - points for losing therefore there more or a risk.....

Cause if u get a couple champs who defend

You have made better picks than others...

Neemo had John Cena and 4 of us on his roster and came within 10 pts of a title. That shouldnt happen.

4 of us? Anyway, are you trying to imply that Neemo did well because of title points or...Cena....let's face facts....People who get Cena have the major advantage, he's a scoring machine.  Picking someone who is going to win a belt, in many cases one would see as a skill, look at this game, haven't you picked Kane because you think you have seen something nobody else has?  If he comes through shouldn't you be rewarded?  How many times have you picked a Diva up mid-game in the belief she will win the Gold.  In this game there's more than just a few title points between a lot of the winners and losers, look at your team dude, is it title points that have cost you or a lack of activty, I mean Hornswoggle was good 'til he ended up in hospital, and you also picked Ashley....Gone, Maria.....wrestles now and then......and Matt Hardy.....still absent.  You picked an inactive wrestler in Lashley and he never returned, we've all done it but shit happens.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2008, 05:45:13 AM »

Hammy!, why in god's names are you up so early? I have an excuse, what's yours? Have you not gone to bed yet? That's it, you haven't, have you?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2008, 05:48:08 AM »

Hammy!, why in god's names are you up so early? I have an excuse, what's yours? Have you not gone to bed yet? That's it, you haven't, have you?
I'm meant to be going to work, although I've decided not to, so I should really go back to sleep, but I'm eating breakfast, and it's full of carbs so I'll probably bounce off the walls for a few hours then keel over... Cheesy
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2008, 05:51:11 AM »

I thought you said that it was full of crabs for a moment. I shouldn't be up this early. I'm heading home for Easter, that's why. I've only had a few hours sleep, I stayed up until about five finishing season four of The Wire... I clocked up about nine hours on that beast yesterday.

Neemo had John Cena and 4 of us on his roster and came within 10 pts of a title. That shouldnt happen.

4 of us?

Yeah, don't you remember? I believe that he had me, Slash666 and Sweet 616 and Evolution. He thought that Sweet Slash (I was never keen on the name either) were heading for a push as tag champions!, ha! Well, that never panned out. Obviously. My quick burst as championship material was put down to a typing error and I consequently spent most of my time on Heat fighting D-Lo Brown and Val Venis (still around, right?) and Evolution, well, he had a run-in with the wellness programme and his subsequent absence can be explained thus... Without Cena's points, Neemo would have been nowhere!! We were terrible picks.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2008, 06:06:55 AM »

I thought you said that it was full of crabs for a moment. I shouldn't be up this early. I'm heading home for Easter, that's why. I've only had a few hours sleep, I stayed up until about five finishing season four of The Wire... I clocked up about nine hours on that beast yesterday.

4 of us?

Yeah, don't you remember? I believe that he had me, Slash666 and Sweet 616 and Evolution. He thought that Sweet Slash (I was never keen on the name either) were heading for a push as tag champions!, ha! Well, that never panned out. Obviously. My quick burst as championship material was put down to a typing error and I consequently spent most of my time on Heat fighting D-Lo Brown and Val Venis (still around, right?) and Evolution, well, he had a run-in with the wellness programme and his subsequent absence can be explained thus... Without Cena's points, Neemo would have been nowhere!! We were terrible picks.

The Wire you say...never heard of it...well ok the name rings a bell but beyond that....

Venis, Yes, D'lo....went about 4 years ago...ish.

Ah the old, how much is your first pick worth, it's you who wanted me to figure it out right?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2008, 06:08:55 AM »

Aye, indeed. Percentage, all the rest. Much obliged.  Cool

As for the Wire. Never heard of it? Shame on you!

... Nobody has. Check out Amazon. Check out the five star reviews. Check out WHY it is considered by many, myself included, as the greatest show ever made. Do it!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2008, 06:16:35 AM »

Aye, indeed. Percentage, all the rest. Much obliged.  Cool

As for the Wire. Never heard of it? Shame on you!

... Nobody has. Check out Amazon. Check out the five star reviews. Check out WHY it is considered by many, myself included, as the greatest show ever made. Do it!
Amazon! Nah, i just wikipedia'd it.  Lot of positivty, most negatives seem to focus on it going over people's heads, so to speak.  No surprise really, that would explain Damages low ratings, which is well worth watching by the way.  I see it;s just finished, was it cancelled or was it by choice?  Not that it's a bad thing, they cancelled Due South like 3 times before it eventually croaked...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2008, 06:55:20 AM »

Aye, Damages is on my to do list. I'm well up for a bit o' Ted Danson and Glen Close! But yeah. The Wire. Television ecstasy. But be prepared to pay attention and occassionaly have to rewind now and again...

Oh, and I was joking about D-Lo.

Oh, and season 2 of Damages is on the way.

Oh, and Due South always makes me think BBC2 evenings after school. After the Simpsons. One of those shows that I used to watch all the time. Now, I couldn't recall a damn thing.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2008, 12:42:49 PM »

the name rings a bell

Stringer??

Tongue

And I don't even watch it....

Oh yeah, the game. Er...I'll take Festus.

On a hilarious side note, I accidentally typed 'Fetus' the first time around

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2008, 02:12:33 PM »

Ah so that's why he went through a period of calling himself Stringer Bell, I was always curious about that, not curious enough to ask, but curious nonetheless.

Oh, on an extra sidenote about Champions, in the current game, the person with the MOST champions on his team is 10th, he has 3, whereas Jim, in second, who's led for most of the game is 2nd and has none, and I've only overtaken him because of the "Theft" of a Non-Champion (Albeit a very good one...)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2008, 04:16:05 PM »

Well, now u mentioned it Hammy

If u get 30 for winning a title, shouldn't u maybe get -30 for losing a title?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2008, 04:46:15 PM »

Well, now u mentioned it Hammy

If u get 30 for winning a title, shouldn't u maybe get -30 for losing a title?
Good idea, Hold that thought and we'll see what everyone else thinks next game, Like I said, now drafting is underway we can't make changes now. Wink
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2008, 05:10:12 PM »

With Matt Hardy and Kane *hopefully US Champ and ECW Champ

I love these rules! LOL!

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2008, 08:02:12 PM »

With Matt Hardy and Kane *hopefully US Champ and ECW Champ

I love these rules! LOL!

I hope something happens and Matt Hardy doesnt show back up for another 7 months.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2008, 09:38:40 PM »

Finlay.

I'm a bit worried that no one else has picked him, that maybe he's injured or something but i'll choose him

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: