Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:20:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Got laid off from my job and loving it!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Got laid off from my job and loving it!  (Read 6737 times)
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 03:24:53 PM »

I was laid off 4 times in a period of 4 years after 9/11. I work in Marketing and of course those are the first budgets to go. It was great fun at first, especially during the summer. But then, I started to get bored and with no money, couldn't really do anything. Sure I got unemployment but when you own a house and have kiddies, it all goes towards the mortgage. And that's when I really started to drink. I was bored, depressed that I couldn't find a job after four months of going on countless interviews and putting on the fake bullshit face and just bullshitting constantly. I was so sick of interviews after the fourth lay-off, I seriously was tempted to go in to my next interview and just tell it like it is - can you work as a team player - hell yeah I can if the team is buying booze otherwise I don't really care for assholes or kiss asses - what do you do to relieve stress - smoke joints and drink and masturbate - wouldn't you just love to go on a job interview once in your life and tell the truth?Huh??

Glad you are loving it! Enjoy while you can - but remember and this is from my friends who have been laid off recently - it is taking an average of six to eight months to get another job - and nothing something that you will love - and they started the minute they were let go. So, if you think you're going to party and live the relaxed life and then get a job, that job might not be so easy to get when you are ready.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 06:28:16 PM »

I was laid off 4 times in a period of 4 years after 9/11. I work in Marketing and of course those are the first budgets to go. It was great fun at first, especially during the summer. But then, I started to get bored and with no money, couldn't really do anything. Sure I got unemployment but when you own a house and have kiddies, it all goes towards the mortgage. And that's when I really started to drink. I was bored, depressed that I couldn't find a job after four months of going on countless interviews and putting on the fake bullshit face and just bullshitting constantly. I was so sick of interviews after the fourth lay-off, I seriously was tempted to go in to my next interview and just tell it like it is - can you work as a team player - hell yeah I can if the team is buying booze otherwise I don't really care for assholes or kiss asses - what do you do to relieve stress - smoke joints and drink and masturbate - wouldn't you just love to go on a job interview once in your life and tell the truth?Huh??

Glad you are loving it! Enjoy while you can - but remember and this is from my friends who have been laid off recently - it is taking an average of six to eight months to get another job - and nothing something that you will love - and they started the minute they were let go. So, if you think you're going to party and live the relaxed life and then get a job, that job might not be so easy to get when you are ready.

I know what you mean.  I had an interview today and had to sit there and smile and answer questions.  I think I was too overqualified for the postion though. 

It's been one week today since I got laid off.  Maybe I'll win the lottery tonight Grin

Seriously, at this point in time, I am already over the interview process and I've only been on one.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 10:26:33 PM »

The secret to interviewing is just not to be nervous.  Talk to the interviewer normally which I know can be hard if you really need the job but looking desperate is never the right course.

Priceless Bandita!! I would have done the same Cool

Damn skippy!!!! Grin
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 10:31:45 PM »

Agreed, the best interviews are the ones you do when you don't really want the job!  No pressure and your true self shines through.  Life's crazy that way.   Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 02:20:05 PM »

Alright, who is ready to get back to work?

Get out of your jammies already!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008, 11:33:37 AM »

Alright, who is ready to get back to work?

Get out of your jammies already!

rofl

I just went back to work and I am ready for a vacation already!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 01:12:39 PM »

I'm working like a five dollar whore on a Friday night and loving it.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2008, 04:31:33 PM »

I can take that two ways but seeing as how you post a lot, where do you find the time since you are so busy whoring?

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 04:38:28 PM »

I know what you mean.  I had an interview today and had to sit there and smile and answer questions.  I think I was too overqualified for the postion though. 

It's been one week today since I got laid off.  Maybe I'll win the lottery tonight Grin

Seriously, at this point in time, I am already over the interview process and I've only been on one.

Then seriously take some time off dude - your attitude will show in the interviews especially if you start going on them and start getting aggravated with the bullshit they put you through. I did that the first time I was laid off - I told my husband, man I have been working since I was 14, would it bother him if I took at least six weeks off and did not look for a job? And this was right after 9/11 when companies started layoffs. He was cool with it cause he knew I needed a break.

Then one of the other times, I looked for like five months, went on countless interviews, got so pissed that I started calling the people who contacted me and asked them why another candidate was chosen - and they all came back with well this person has one more qualification than you do - I gave up and didn't look for a month. I just could not stomach going on another interview just to be rejected for overqualification, money bracket, distance, experience in certain industries, etc.

If I ever win the lottery - I'd love to setup interviews and just streak naked through the office when my appointment time comes knowing I don't have to worry about money. It's a fantasy that will probably never come true or I'll be like 80 when it happens and probably take out the whole office with my swinging sagging boobs!

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2008, 07:52:27 PM »

I actually got a call about a job about 2 months ago and was flabbergasted by what the woman said on my voicemail.  Mind you this is supposed to be an HR person working for a very major water company.

She went through her whole message about having my resume, yadda yadda and at the end of the call she says:  "I really need you to call me back and tell me how much money you want because if you want too much we aren't even going to bother to bring you in for an interview!"

I can't believe she would phrase it this way and leave it on a voice message.  I work in HR and would NEVER speak that way to a potential hire!

Needless to say, I never called her back.  I would not have wanted to work there knowing that lady was managing the HR office.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 09:37:51 PM »

I was offered a job with a Resort Managment company.  I just have to go in tomorrow and meet one other person. 

I also applied to be a flight attendant with Delta Airlines.  I made it all the way through to where they will fly me to Atlanta for a face to face interview. beer

SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »

I can take that two ways but seeing as how you post a lot, where do you find the time since you are so busy whoring?

Well since I re registered in 04, I have an average post count of 8.65/day, which isn't really outrageous. This time last year I was working nearly non stop, up to 16 hours a day and still posted on a few different forums, while reading various real estate, automotive, financial and political articles. (On a side note a lot of people don't know this about me, but my middle name is "posta", which is derived from the latin word postawhori, meaning "he whose hair defies gravity, and posts way too often.")

See coffee thread for more details.

Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 10:24:34 PM »

::)suddenly I have the urge to dye my hair.. Wink

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: