Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:14:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese democracy tour (just something to think about)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese democracy tour (just something to think about)  (Read 5985 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 12:06:56 PM »

They're my favorite band and I'd so see them anytime they are performing anywhere near me. Even if the came here and played all covers, old old tunes, all new tunes... whatever. If GNR is playing live and I can get to them, I will

I agree. I thought it's common sense that most people would go see their favorite band no matter what they played.

The set lists isn't the deal breaker, at least for me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 12:30:31 PM »

I thought it's common sense that most people would go see their favorite band no matter what they played.

i agree with that. no matter what they play i'll be there if i can.

in regards to the original thread question i don't know yet whether i would like that or not.

it depends on the quality of the songs on CD ok

homo homini lupus...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 02:14:45 PM »

They're my favorite band and I'd so see them anytime they are performing anywhere near me. Even if the came here and played all covers, old old tunes, all new tunes... whatever. If GNR is playing live and I can get to them, I will

I agree. I thought it's common sense that most people would go see their favorite band no matter what they played.

/jarmo

I thought this was a precondition.
because the topic asks whether we'd be angry or not. how can anyone get crossed about a show they don't bother seeing.

But now I'm guessing those that can't afford many shows have to get choosy, maybe?
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 02:48:56 PM »

/jarmo

because the topic asks whether we'd be angry or not. how can anyone get crossed about a show they don't bother seeing.

But now I'm guessing those that can't afford many shows have to get choosy, maybe?

Good point. Of course, we would go to any show no matter the set list. but, just for sake of discussion, we would prefer the new songs. we have heard the old tunes for over 20 years now. the new guys need their time in the limelight. and, yes, some people just have so much money to spend on entertainment and several of these people would rather spend their dough for a gig where they play the new material. so, its really not common sense for all fans out there. maybe for you and me, but im not gonna speak for everyone.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2008, 03:06:00 PM »

well lakersaregreat Bad news for you the songs played live proved to be crowd pleasures.

so you gotta wait till the majority call for a full chines at the show.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2008, 03:06:57 PM »

/jarmo

What I said was, I thought it was just common sense that fans go see their favorite artist/band when he/she/they come to play in their city or close by.

I'm not talking about casual rock fans.

I'm talking GN'R fans who love GN'R enough to consider GN'R to be their favorite band. It might be their only change to see GN'R on the whole tour. I don't think these fans won't attend because they suspect the band will play a bunch of old familiar songs.

It's another thing if you live in a place like L.A., New York or maybe London that gets more than one show. Then it might still not be a question about the set list. Most fans would go see all the shows in their city but things like money or work/school might get i the way....

So the point is, I don't think people here (hardcore fans) care that much about the set list at the end of the day. We just want to see a great show or shows.

Additional surprises etc. are just icing on the cake for many of us.

Obviously there's a vocal minority who love nothing more than to try to stir up shit by whining about the set list even though they're not attending any of the shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »

What I said was, I thought it was just common sense that fans go see their favorite artist/band when he/she/they come to play in their city or close by.

I'm not talking about casual rock fans.

I'm talking GN'R fans who love GN'R enough to consider GN'R to be their favorite band. It might be their only change to see GN'R on the whole tour. I don't think these fans won't attend because they suspect the band will play a bunch of old familiar songs.

It's another thing if you live in a place like L.A., New York or maybe London that gets more than one show. Then it might still not be a question about the set list. Most fans would go see all the shows in their city but things like money or work/school might get i the way....

So the point is, I don't think people here (hardcore fans) care that much about the set list at the end of the day. We just want to see a great show or shows.

Additional surprises etc. are just icing on the cake for many of us.

Obviously there's a vocal minority who love nothing more than to try to stir up shit by whining about the set list even though they're not attending any of the shows.

/jarmo

Yep, I can see the same vocal minority whining when the band plays all new songs as well.

posters are either big fans or those several malicious peeps that wouldn't see a show anyway.

so whether a poster would attend or not is not the question of the thread. that's what I wanted to add.

On a side note, I think forum fans are in the minority at a GNR show.

Casual fans might have whined if the band hadn't played a bunch of old familiar songs.

Na I'm sure as far as the performances are great like in the past shows, they won't complain either.
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2008, 05:45:17 PM »

well lakersaregreat Bad news for you the songs played live proved to be crowd pleasures.

its not bad news at all for me. ive been to many of the shows and loved them all. all im saying is that i would like more new songs played. that's it. and also, when did gnr base the type of shows based upon what others think? they have always done the shows on their own terms, not anyone else's and thats fine with me.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
Olorin
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2008, 06:44:06 PM »

Hopefully those times are over. Next time I see GN'R live I hope that everyone in attendance has had the opportunity to digest the new material and will be able sing along, dance and have a great fucking night because they loved the new album so much. A 50/50 split of old and new would be awsome for the fans and the band, I bet these guys can't wait to play out the material they have been working on for so long.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2008, 07:31:18 PM »

GNR is one of the few bands I'd still pay to see.

I don't know if it's an age thing or not but when you are 39 going on 40, you kinda can't and don't have the drive to just sit through any rock concert.  It has to be someone or somethng that is worth seeing and GNR is.

When I was in NYC at Hammerstein, the first night, I was on the floor and the second night I was in the balcony and I actually enjoyed the balacony seat way better than the floor position.  Again, I think it's an age thing but being able to actually sit down and watch it was cool.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2008, 02:27:48 AM »

I don't know if it's an age thing or not but when you are 39 going on 40, you kinda can't and don't have the drive to just sit through any rock concert.  It has to be someone or somethng that is worth seeing and GNR is.

When I was in NYC at Hammerstein, the first night, I was on the floor and the second night I was in the balcony and I actually enjoyed the balacony seat way better than the floor position.  Again, I think it's an age thing but being able to actually sit down and watch it was cool.
If you're just gonna set there like a lump you really should stay home!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2008, 05:35:12 AM »

thats a prettty dumb attitude.  and while I usually prefer standing up on the floor, I have gone to a few where I sat in the balcony area and it was a cool experience to sit there and take it in.   
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2008, 12:03:05 PM »

Are you fucking stupid?  I explained to you why I prefer the balcony seating experience over the floor experience?  Sorry that I am not 15 and jump up and down like you probably do.   Roll Eyes
madagas
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2008, 05:04:53 PM »

Don't worry Dolph, I'm down with you. ok Being an old Buck myself, I love the balcony. GA is for Younggunnner and the mix it up crew. peace Hammerstein shows were killer. I always wanted to see Ax in a small theatre and it didn't get any better than that.... beer
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2008, 07:28:43 PM »

Don't worry Dolph, I'm down with you. ok Being an old Buck myself, I love the balcony. GA is for Younggunnner and the mix it up crew. peace Hammerstein shows were killer. I always wanted to see Ax in a small theatre and it didn't get any better than that.... beer

Thanks madagas.  Now the Tommy show in Atlanta, I even sat down at one of the 5 tables they had in there.  But I got there really early and sat through the first 2 acts.  When Tommy came out, it was more crowded, but still intimate and it was fun.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2008, 12:25:48 PM »

its not bad news at all for me. ive been to many of the shows and loved them all. all im saying is that i would like more new songs played. that's it. and also, when did gnr base the type of shows based upon what others think? they have always done the shows on their own terms, not anyone else's and thats fine with me.
My bad. I was bearing the topic question of 'what if you see them play no gnr standards at a show in 2008?' and  my 'I'd personally love it. helluva ballsy thing to do' answer on mind.
so I guess that was bad news only for me then. hihi
but not really.  like you I every time love to see whatever the band plays. I may say otherwise when they starts an all country standards tour tho.
I love to see the ballsy set when the band themselves feel it's high time.

that's true they never do a thing based upon what others may think. others being those who should mind their own businesses.
there's an old saying in the entertainment world your audience is god and  I think the band do care their very audience.
They stated that they play for the people at the show...., that's where everyone is pumped up and casual fans turn to big fans.....those concert goers are still talking about how electronic the shows were and as how no other rock band comes close to it. Long awaited and long-acting that's gnr.

experience shows that a good concert takes a good crowd and not only good performers and other conditions. 
A rock concert is interactive. It may not as participational as electro house but it's not one-way as a mika recital lets alone a ballet/classical concert.
We may say we see a show but actually we are not there just to see/hear/enjoy the band performance. We take a part.

But with GNR it's phenomenal. No other band could  possibly make the crowd so naturally or supernaturally involved in their show.
I thought the eight were one but at a show the whole house whether the gallery or the floor, casual fans or diehards, rocks as if it was a one huge organic body. It's surreal. you might feel like you could clearly see the swells of the huge energy surging up and down in there. I'm sober btw.
Maybe The band loves it too?

If the songs were mostly not familiar to the crowd, the crowd would be still impressed but that'd be rather unilateral not like the above phenomenon.
On the contrary, when the songs are familiar...
So, god knows what set after the release, and there's an old saying that the audience is...

Hopefully those times are over. Next time I see GN'R live I hope that everyone in attendance has had the opportunity to digest the new material and will be able sing along, dance and have a great fucking night because they loved the new album so much. A 50/50 split of old and new would be awsome for the fans and the band, I bet these guys can't wait to play out the material they have been working on for so long.

Lets infiltrate the greatness of the new songs into as many friends as possible when the album comes out. ok
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:27:43 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2008, 07:50:13 PM »

Dolphin, I had all sorts of seating options for the Hammerstein shows, I agree that my favorite seating position was actually in the first balcony, I was near the center in the first few rows and it was amazing to sit back, stand, and take it all in without having anyone bump into me or acting wildly. peace

As for the setlist, I agree that us forum fans probably would like to see more new songs, but in all actuality, the setlist they play is great for the casual fan, which makes up more than 3/4 the audience in my opinion.

beer

God damn I hope Gnr tour again soon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: