Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:19:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese democracy tour (just something to think about)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese democracy tour (just something to think about)  (Read 6030 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 03:45:40 PM »

I don't think they can. It's still Guns N' Roses and they still have to play the standards for the majority of audience.

But as a nice special release gig, it would be pretty fucking cool. headbanger

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 03:50:13 PM »

Would u guys be mad or angry if the new band
came on stage in 2008 with only new songs.   

no wttj, nov rain, Paradise city, patience nightrain.

an all new setlist full of new songs by the new band alone. no more covers (perhaps Kohd as the only one or Sailing)

would  U love it, would it sel?

I wouldn't love it, and I don't think it would sell.   I was *thrilled* to hear new material live, but I also loved hearing Guns material that I knew, loved, and grew up on.  I'm all for the balance shifting to the new material in concert - especially once future album(s) are released - but there should always be some acknowledgement of the songs, and the fans of the songs, that built Guns n Roses into the legendary band they are, and continue to be.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 04:17:24 PM »

I would also love it they did something like metallica has been doing for over a decade.

some Escape from the studio tours. and just play songs they love and can play. (nothing to do with gnr) perhaps songs they listen to or somethign like that.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 07:51:41 PM »

5 years ago.. i would say.. absolutely not.. but since i have had the chance to see the band play.. pc, sweet child, wtj...ect... 3 or 4 times now... i would welcome some surprises..   i mean i don't need to go to a another greatest hits tour. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 07:54:43 PM »

i mean i don't need to go to a another greatest hits tour. 

Exactly!

Nobody's forcing you.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 08:46:11 PM »

it would be great to have 100% new stuff.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 12:31:31 PM »

I don't think they can. It's still Guns N' Roses and they still have to play the standards for the majority of audience.

They can when the crowd want them to. and that's, again, Guns N Roses by a long shot.
after a couple of releases, I believe it stands a fair chance.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 12:52:36 PM »

I think they could, but they would probably have to play at smaller venues for some time
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 01:12:32 PM »

I like this idea ^^^

Still, I'd like to see a few other Illusion songs in the mix...while keeping it CD centric. Something like this.

Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
You Could Be Mine
Don't Cry
CD ROCKER
CD MID-TEMPO
The Blues
Civil War
Dead Horse
CD ROCKER
CD MID-TEMPO
There Was a Time
Sweet Child O'Mine
Sympathy for the Devil
CD ROCKER
Estranged
Nightrain

ENCORE:
Patience
CD EPIC SONG (ala NR, Coma, Estranged)
Paradise City

Sympathy For The Devil? Interesting.....

But anyway, i'd love to see a show mainly focused around Chinese Democracy, but i'd still want them to play Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, You Could Be Mine, and Paradise City, as they're my favourite GN'R tracks, along with Estrnaged, but i doubt they'd play that live if they're doing stuff like TWAT and Madagascar

Don't Cry and November Rain would be nice as well....

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 01:38:04 PM »

Would u guys be mad or angry if the new band
came on stage in 2008 with only new songs.   

no wttj, nov rain, Paradise city, patience nightrain.

an all new setlist full of new songs by the new band alone. no more covers (perhaps Kohd as the only one or Sailing)

would  U love it, would it sel?

My stance stays the same on GNR concerts. They're my favorite band and I'd so see them anytime they are performing anywhere near me. Even if the came here and played all covers, old old tunes, all new tunes... whatever. If GNR is playing live and I can get to them, I will

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
sick_of_this_life
Banned
Opening Act

...not that you care

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2008, 03:04:37 PM »

Axl Rose just needs to release his album and bite the bullet.  You can try to rationalize and make excuses, but at the end of the day - a promise is a promise - and if you go back on your word, fine, but that doesn't change the fact that it's going back on your word; there's no other way around it.

Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2008, 03:11:20 PM »

I wouldn't mind at all...I WANT MORE new songs..but you have to have the old ones as well..
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2008, 03:16:01 PM »

whatever the setlist is, I'd wanna hear jungle opening the set, no matter how many times I've seen it, hearing that opening riff followed by Axl's scream never gets old.

Axl is God.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 12:41:15 PM »

cd will do nicely as well.
then jungle can open the encore set.  Kiss
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 12:47:15 PM »

whatever the setlist is, I'd wanna hear jungle opening the set, no matter how many times I've seen it, hearing that opening riff followed by Axl's scream never gets old.

Its the WTTJ premusic that gets things going IMO, you just know somethings gonna happen then pow....the next two hours something become special.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 11:36:59 PM »

Perhaps, I'm selfish, but I haven't seen the band in years, and I want to hear a mix of old and new.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 03:42:39 PM »

Perhaps, I'm selfish, but I haven't seen the band in years, and I want to hear a mix of old and new.

It stands to reason that the vast majority gotta say the set they got at a GNR show left nothing to be desired. yes
But won't you feel otherwise in ...say 2012, after you see several shows of the mixture and get 20 plus mind blowing new songs in your player?

Wait, you didn't see a GNR show in 2006? How come!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 11:27:10 PM »

My stance stays the same on GNR concerts. They're my favorite band and I'd so see them anytime they are performing anywhere near me. Even if the came here and played all covers, old old tunes, all new tunes... whatever. If GNR is playing live and I can get to them, I will

I have to agree with you...I look forward to my next show.  The last one I went to was great! ok

December 2nd, 2006 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center

Setlist: Welcome to The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Robin Guitar Solo & Jam (with Dizzy & Frank), Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Dizzy Piano Solo (Angie), The Blues, Down On The Farm, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo (Angel), Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Piano Moving Jam, November Rain, I Feel Good [snippet], Used To Love Her, IRS, Ron Guitar Solo, My Michelle, Rocket Queen, Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, Paradise City

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 02:31:44 AM »

It stands to reason that the vast majority gotta say the set they got at a GNR show left nothing to be desired. yes
But won't you feel otherwise in ...say 2012, after you see several shows of the mixture and get 20 plus mind blowing new songs in your player?

Wait, you didn't see a GNR show in 2006? How come!

It is a long story, I won't bore you with the details.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »

No

I think it would be quite refreshing AND ballsy for them to do it

Especially if this album is actually released by the time they tour ( perish the thought)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: