Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:37:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Swayze?s cancer doc denies actor has only weeks to live
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Swayze?s cancer doc denies actor has only weeks to live  (Read 3668 times)
tim_m
Legend

« on: March 05, 2008, 11:22:18 PM »

The doctor treating ?Dirty Dancing? legend Patrick Swayze, who has pancreatic cancer, last night shot down claims made by the National Enquirer that the actor had five weeks to live.

?All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue,? Swayze?s oncologist, Dr. George Fisher, said in a statement released to TMZ.com.

Swayze?s rep did confirm that the ?Ghosts? and ?Donnie Darko? star was undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer yesterday after the Enquirer story made the rounds. He was diagnosed a month ago, the flack said.

The Enquirer reported on its Web site yesterday that the 55-year-old actor?s terminal cancer has spread to his other organs and time was running out.

The tabloid?s story - on newsstands today - alleges that for the past month the ?Ghost? hunk has allegedly been traveling to Stanford University?s prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto, Calif. for radical chemotherapy, but that his doctors are no longer optimistic about the treatment?s success. Dr. Fisher is in residence at the cancer center.

Patrick and his wife Lisa Niemi - who are both licensed pilots - have reportedly been flying their private Beechcraft plane in to Palo Alto?s airport to get Swayze to his outpatient treatments, the tabloid said.

The Enquirer reported that Patrick?s tumor shrank after three doses of chemo, but not as much as docs had hoped, prompting them to tell the actor he should start preparing for the worst.

?He was told he could have two more treatments, but his cancer was not responding,? the Enquirer?s source said. ?In short - they held out little hope for a cure.?

Patrick?s rep countered that the actor ?is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects.

?The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family.?
Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1078121
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 11:46:04 PM »

This really sucks...I always liked Patrick Swayze...im a big Point Break fan.....I know the survival rate for Pancreatic cancer is very low....I hope he pulls through...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:00:14 AM »

Yeah i like him too it really sucks. It does seem like it was caught early so maybe his chances of surviving at least a few years is good. I read less than 5% make it to 5 yrs though Sad
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 12:06:02 AM »

Oh man, that sucks. I hope he gets through it.
ben9785
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 12:08:17 AM »

All the best to him, I really hope it works out, or if the worst is expected, then it is as painless as possible for him.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 12:50:15 AM »

I hadn't heard about that.  That's sad.  Usually, pancreatic cancer is not good news, at all, though. 
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 05:17:21 AM »

sucks, but im sure he lived his life to the full.

I mean the first skydive scene in point break, i think he actually did the skydive.

html sucks
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 05:24:49 AM »

sucks, but im sure he lived his life to the full.

I mean the first skydive scene in point break, i think he actually did the skydive.

Yeah i believe he did all the stunts in that movie.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 05:04:48 AM »

While the prognosis isn't good, if anyone can beat it, it is him. Get well soon!

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 09:31:04 AM »

This is terrible news.  I've always had tears during Ghost.  If he does pass, that might just be one of the saddest movies I will have ever seen.  Cry

Point Break is still the only movie I have ever left the theater mid-way through a movie.  I'm sorry, it just didn't do it for me.  It wasn't Patrick's fault, I just thought it was a bad movie.

Swayze had a great appearance on Saturday Night Live in a Chippendales scene with Chris Farley.  Classic stuff back when SNL was funny.  yes  Tina Fey, you unfunny bitch!  rant  Norm MacDonald's 1000 times funnier than you!  rant

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 11:34:13 AM »

This is terrible news.  I've always had tears during Ghost.  If he does pass, that might just be one of the saddest movies I will have ever seen.  Cry

Point Break is still the only movie I have ever left the theater mid-way through a movie.  I'm sorry, it just didn't do it for me.  It wasn't Patrick's fault, I just thought it was a bad movie.

Swayze had a great appearance on Saturday Night Live in a Chippendales scene with Chris Farley.  Classic stuff back when SNL was funny.  yes  Tina Fey, you unfunny bitch!  rant  Norm MacDonald's 1000 times funnier than you!  rant

Yeah that skit with Farley was a classic.  I really liked Point Break.  Gary Busey, Anthony Kiedis, and that horrible Keanu Reeves.  I was entertained.  To each his own I guess.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 01:42:14 AM »

Yeah that skit with Farley was a classic.  I really liked Point Break.  Gary Busey, Anthony Kiedis, and that horrible Keanu Reeves.  I was entertained.  To each his own I guess.

Me too, loved that movie.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: