Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:38:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Leave some thoughts here for my friend Steve, going through a hard time..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leave some thoughts here for my friend Steve, going through a hard time..  (Read 7887 times)
ben9785
« on: March 03, 2008, 06:36:16 PM »

Hey guys.
My friend Steve is going through a bit of a real rough patch in his life at the moment. He's actually a member of this forum as well, but he doesn't post too much.
I don't want to go into too much detail out of respect for him, but today things have come to a head for him, and as a result of a miscommunication he's shut me out now.

Rather than blow him off and leave it at that, I still want to try to help him out. I know he frequents this particular part of the forum a bit, so..

If it's not too much to ask, I hope the fellow gunners here could take one minute just to leave a simple message here sending some good luck and best wishes his way, hopefully to make him feel better, I would really appreciate that. He's my good mate, and it pains me seeing him going through so much shit.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 06:45:53 PM »

I just went through a horrible patch on my own

Sit by yourself in your room and just work things out in your mind.

FIgure out what is causing u to feel the way u are feeling and think of ways to change it no matter what it takes.

What makes u happy? whatever it is DO IT

what makes u feel like shit and brings u down? Let it go

Remember only u can change your life and your situation

Throw away the cop outs, throw away the excuses, throw away the crutches that u lean on to stop yourself from being happy.

Im learning to do that now.

Good luck.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 07:34:34 PM »

life sucks get a helmet

life will throw ya curve balls at times and i guess its thrown you one hell of a good one if your friend on here is that worried about ya. If its that bad then WOW i can't imagine what it is but i hope ya get through it alright. Just do wat D said, do what makes ya feel good and if ya have to sit some where in solitude for a few days to figure things out than so be it just don't kill your self its a pussys way out

good luck beer peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 07:44:04 PM »

^nice words D.  Very true.  I might be the wrong person to talk about feeling good right now.  In the past week I've collapsed (didn't break anything) was ambulanced to the emergency room, I've been running fevers, my throat is red and sore as fucking hell, my lungs hurt from coughing like a mofo, both my kids and wife are sick, I've been out of work for about a week, and I'll stop bitching.

Steve, it gets better.  I can't stand Winter.  Don't let it bum ya out.  Whatever it is, don't let it bum ya out.  I recommend the Costanza method from Seinfeld.  When he was in a funk, all he did was do the opposite of everything he was going to do.  The result?  It worked!  He got the girl, the job, the happiness, etc.  In the real world, a variation of this does work.  

On a serious note too, if a buddy of mine made a post like this for me, I think it means he actually cares about my well-being.  You can't have enough people like that in your life, trust me.  That's what real friends care about...your happiness.  Give Ben785 a call and patch it up.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 08:20:20 PM »

Steve man, hope it all gets better...

You may not be to well known here, but post about shit to vent... Alot of people here are willing to help ya... No one will judge ya  ok
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 11:37:21 PM »

Thanks for the kind words guys, although sitting in your room for a few days aint easy when your room mate kicks you out for being depressed. I don't even know where the fuck I'm going to go tomorrow when I finish work. My job pays jack shit, so it's not going to be easy finding a place.

And to Benneth, I'm sorry man. I just had a fucking panic attack and misinterpreted what you said. I thought you were about to cut me off like my other "friend". I should have known you would never do that man. You're a fucking legend. I'm glad I got a hold of you this morning to tell you that.

Needless to say my whole world has been rocked to its very foundations. I guess this friend of mine was nothing but selfish, only caring about what she was feeling, and how my depression was affecting her and that if I'm not happy around her, I shouldn't be around her at all. Either way, she ended the friendship last night so I guess that's that.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »

use the music to get through it man. the musics always gonna be there!

html sucks
Chief
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 07:13:24 PM »

good luck man...
it seems like lately there has been a lot of crap going down with many people that i know.
last week at work was crazy and i was so glad it was over.. it's slowly getting better so hang in there !!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 10:13:35 PM »

Though it might seem hard to believe, a year or two from now you will have a laugh about this. Good luck, and heres to ya; Cheers!!!

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 10:20:10 PM »

I doubt it. Last night she walked in the door and told me to go and drink a bottle of bleach and kill myself. This is one of the most selfish people I have ever known I am coming to realise. She told me that she doesn't get anything out of the friendship and that my depression was nothing more than a deliberate attack on her, trying to make her feel miserable.

This is one psycho bitch. She is so fucking egocentrical it's not funny. Everything has to be done to keep her happy or else she loses it.

Fuck it and fuck her. I'm still in shock over this whole thing, but come tomorrow and I will never think of her again, apart from thinking, "That bitch".

Rant over.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 10:33:05 PM »

^ That is kind of what I meant. You'll be drinking with your buddies in the future, and reminiscing about that "crazy bitch" that you used to know. It sucks now, but it will get better.

I've been through a lot women through the years, but my friends are still there.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 11:10:38 PM »

Sounds like you need to work on helping yourself now and not trying to make someone else happy.  It's ok to be a bit selfish right now.  Depression is no joke.  Someone who would say that you are doing it intentionally is not worth your time or your sorrow.

Feel better, chin up.  You will get past this.
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM »

Thanks FC and Bandita. I really do appreciate the kind words.

I will move past this, but right now I still think I'm in shock at how fast this whole thing went down. It will pass.

Well I have secured a place to stay for the next month. My good mate says I can stay there for at least a month but that should be plenty of time to find my own place.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 02:39:48 AM »

Fuck that bitch dude.

You should always look out for number one.  (That's you.)

Cheer up dude, go race a car somewhere, hang with some mates.  Ohhhh, and who knows, you can come up with a great song with this experience!  Even though you are in a shitty situation, you can always draw a lot of positives from bad episodes and use them to improve your life.

Take 'er easy man.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 05:24:23 AM »

Dude, there are great women out there who will treat u with the respect and love u deserve. The longer u stay with the wrong one, the worse it will get and the more time u will waste and the more time u will feel like shit.

Dump her

Get her out of your life forever. It may be hard breaking the routine and getting over it, but in the long run u will be way better off.

In life, I have found, U have to break the chains of people who hold u down and bring u down. Surround yourself with positive people and u will be a positive person.

Surround yourself with beautiful souls, loving, caring people, and u will get the benefit from that.

The opposite is true as well. Hang around people who give off shit vibes and your life will be shitty.

Be strong and dont be afraid to fight for and gain your independence. Its rough at first but once u get through it, U will feel amazing and will also find the right person who will treat u the way u want to be treated.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 05:25:46 AM »

Oh yeah

The great Tyler Durden says it best "When You lose everything, U are free to do anything"

Enjoy your freedom!

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 05:55:33 AM »

Dude, there are great women out there who will treat u with the respect and love u deserve.

Then there is Sadie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE6_2JoaSEM&NR=1

Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 06:58:08 AM »

Dump her

Get her out of your life forever. It may be hard breaking the routine and getting over it, but in the long run u will be way better off.

I agree. Even if she comes back begging for forgiveness, don't take her back. You don't need a friend who will tell you to kill yourself when you have a fight. That's no way to treat a friend. I assume that you know each other pretty well, so she knew what she was doing. So an apology isn't gonna be enough.  Angry

I had a rough two years, and I'm still trying to figure out how to start living again. It's not as easy as it sounds, but it gets better every day now. I was in a "coma" for two years, if you know what I mean. It's like, everybody else is living their lives and you just sit alone in your apartment thinking, how did it get this bad? I went to a hospital at 11pm one night when I couldn't take it anymore, I was afraid I might do something really bad to myself. It got better after that, but not right away.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that it will get better, it just takes some time.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 07:05:10 AM »

Damn, that girl is evil.
I'd sleep with her best friend. Or sister. And have them telling how great person I am.
The worst thing after a break up to the girl is to have things going your way. And not responding to any her shit,
She needs her satisfaction from your misery, having some sick twisted way of life. She's like a parasite feeding on misery she made.
Maybe it gives her something. I never got the logic when some girls behave like that.

Dude, fight back, when girls took advantage of me, only thing that got my mind of it was someone else. And make them believe I didn't care.

I don't know if this helps, but this is how I got better.

So it's obvious that I feel you on this one, I've done psycho bitches more than a stray dog goes through strashcans. I atract trash, when I look bad, I got the bad.

I've had an attempted stabbing, I've been attacked several times, I've been called all kind of names and been spread rumours about as an attempt to get to my head.

I was depressed too.

The mental shit was worst, when trust is misused, when they've seen to the depths of my soul and they take advantage. No wonder I got sometrust issues after this was done time after time and over and over again.

So I kept the women close but away. I didn't want anyone around for long enogh to know me and I sure as hell didn't want them to get a hold of me and when they tried, I slept with them on final time and left them. Some crying, some confused, some getting the thing they got coming.

It was my path to heal. Too many times had I jumped the wagon for a simple need for someone. And if they need therapy for the "sorry this don't work out" that's their problem. Some of those thigns even started with me going "this is just once". Like they ever believed, I think they saw it as challenge. Well, they failed.

So I enjoyed my time, taking home girls from gigs, sleeping with friends, foes and strangers alike. A Part of it was about success. And a part was keeping it safe, since I didn't get involved with feelings. But it was empty.

I don't know if my friend who gave me advice knew about my issues about opening up or how I felt caged when a girl I hardly knew wanted go steady. When a girl told me she loved me, it made me make her go away.

So I still got nothing serious going on, but I cut off the things making me feel bad.

I'm not depressed anymore.

But looking back at this was that I tried to force myself get over it, and what I really needed was to get over it.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 07:07:13 AM »

Dont know if u are active but Running is some amazing medicine

I strap on the Ipod, put it on ALL GNR Albums and just go

Time I get done I feel great. ok

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »