Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:20:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261225 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #840 on: January 12, 2009, 01:46:53 AM »

Axl4Prez, I thought about you when I read this article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/McNabb-the-new-John-Elway;_ylt=Arem5PS4.8B2H7v9LS9A69FDubYF?urn=top,133583

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #841 on: January 12, 2009, 02:18:29 AM »

it is a nice article but come on

mcnabb is a great QB, but Elway is one of the 3 greatest at least 5 greatest QB's of all time. McNabb isn't top ten.

Way for McNabb to keep it classy with his 4th quarter antics also.

sorry, I am a Cowboys fan so take that with a grain of salt. If u are an Eagle, Giant,Redskin or 49er, I hate u.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #842 on: January 12, 2009, 03:42:45 AM »

but Elway is one of the 3 greatest at least 5 greatest QB's of all time.
We agree! Holy crap
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #843 on: January 12, 2009, 08:42:18 AM »

Going into the weekend, I was NOT feeling too hot as a Giants fan.  I had a sneaking suspicion that we were gonna lose.

And we did.

I'm thinking the PA fans, from BOTH parts of the state, are going to be pretty happy after next weekend.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #844 on: January 12, 2009, 12:20:08 PM »

Donovan McNabb baby!!!   beer

Let's see...he wins against the Vikes...then the #1 seed Giants...no choke yet, eh?

Bring on the Cards!!!  The Steelers will be incredibly tough though.  When the Eagles lose to the Steelers in the Super Bowl, you can go back to calling McNabb terrible, a choker, etc.  Yet, he will be in a game 30 other starting quarterbacks didn't make it to.   Kiss

don't worry; there are still 2 potential games left for McNabb to break all Eagles fans hearts and if past performance is any indication of future performance, he will hihi
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #845 on: January 12, 2009, 06:10:12 PM »

Time to improve on my 5-3 playoff record, those damn Titans let me down.  Angry

I got the Eagles beating the Cardinals, and the Steelers beating the Ravens.

An all Pennsylvania Super Bowl. Go EAGLES!!!

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #846 on: January 12, 2009, 06:20:25 PM »

Hahahahaha, cocky motherfuckers.

Go Cards!

Go Ravens!

No one gave Arizona a chance going into Carolina.  People are already predicting the big game even before the championship rounds have been played.  I love it.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #847 on: January 12, 2009, 07:56:37 PM »

Thanks Gilee!   beer  But I'll tell ya what.  That writer should have used my posts from here at HTGTH in his article.  The black-white thing just muddies the water...use statistics!  McNabb has better stats than Elway over his first 9 seasons. (and just as many SB rings Wink)  That's right, and most folks don't know it.  Just sayin'.

Go Donovan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #848 on: January 12, 2009, 08:49:52 PM »

Well this years Superbowl has gone right down the drain. No reason to watch now!

Go Cards!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #849 on: January 13, 2009, 07:52:53 AM »

Well this years Superbowl has gone right down the drain. No reason to watch now!

Go Cards!

I'm not sure if you're talking personally or nationally (ratings-wise).  I'm thinking nationally.

Pittsburgh is really the only team left that has proven it can draw a national audience...and even their popularity has waned somewhat.

Philly, Arizona, and Baltimore.....'eh.  Philly/Pittsburgh is the most "marketable" of the scenario's for the Super Bowl, I think...for obvious reasons.

Philly vs Arizona this week has shades of a BAD NFC East game from not too many years ago.  I don't have high expectations for Steelers/Ravens, either...though I suspect that one might be a LITTLE more inteteresting.

Philly /Baltimore would be a snoozefest of epic proportions, IMHO.

Pittsburgh/Arizona has the appeal of the Steelers, which would help a bit, but......does anyone really WATCH Arizona play?  Even the folks IN Arizona?  Other than their run being a tiny bit interesting (assuming they made it that far)....any reason to watch them?  They're not exactly an exciting team, usually.  Does anyone actually KNOW an AZ Cards fan?  I've never met one.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 07:55:54 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #850 on: January 13, 2009, 10:51:09 AM »

Does anyone actually KNOW an AZ Cards fan?  I've never met one.

Tough to say.  All those years with the paper bags over heads did a good deal to conceal their real world identities.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #851 on: January 13, 2009, 11:21:20 AM »

Arizona-Pitt could be interesting.

Anyone remember the Card-Pitt merger of 1944?  The Cardinals and Steelers merged together as one team for a season, after the Steelers and Eagles temporarily merged in 1943.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #852 on: January 13, 2009, 11:49:10 AM »

Arizona-Pitt could be interesting.

Anyone remember the Card-Pitt merger of 1944?  The Cardinals and Steelers merged together as one team for a season, after the Steelers and Eagles temporarily merged in 1943.
Remember?  Seems like just yesterday.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #853 on: January 13, 2009, 02:06:38 PM »

Actually Pilferk, I'm no cards fan, but the cards have Larry fuckin Fitzgerald. So they may not be marketable but they are actually exciting to watch. Fitzgerald seems to make a circus catch once a game. For that reason alone their worth watching.

Ive caught most of their games becuz I go to a bar and they usually played in the afternoon and the pats play in the morning. Plus I actually do know a couple Cardinal fans but thats prolly becuz im in west texas. Only about 6 hours away from phoenix. So becuz the pats were usually over at about 2 my time I would just stick around the bar and  watch that high-powered offense play in the afternoon.

I think the Eagles will win but I do think the Cards will make it fun to watch. I see a high scoring back and forth type game. Yeah I know the eagles d is playing well but I like Warner's and Fitzgerald's chances to make it interesting. Plus if Boldin is playing they have their triple threat. Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston (who is actually pretty good too). The team has the talent. Lets see if they can put it together like they have the last 2 weeks.

I see a Steelers win too. So all PA superbowl. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #854 on: January 13, 2009, 02:21:13 PM »

I think the Eagles will win but I do think the Cards will make it fun to watch. I see a high scoring back and forth type game. Yeah I know the eagles d is playing well but I like Warner's and Fitzgerald's chances to make it interesting. Plus if Boldin is playing they have their triple threat. Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston (who is actually pretty good too). The team has the talent. Lets see if they can put it together like they have the last 2 weeks.

No way the Eagles win.  Andy Reid will sweat like crazy in the desert, it'll drip all over his play sheet, and he'll accidentally call in a kneel down on what could have been a game winning drive.

You heard it here first, folks.  ok

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #855 on: January 13, 2009, 07:35:43 PM »

Go Cards!

Does anyone actually KNOW an AZ Cards fan?  I've never met one.

Well, true story, my mother-in-law knows my father-in-law's baseball team is the St. Louis Cardinals...so, she went out and bought him a Cardinals coffee mug for Christmas.

You guessed it...it had the Arizona Cardinals bird on it.  (it didn't say Arizona)  Funny stuff.  So yes, there's a 75+ year old guy with an Arizona Cardinals coffee mug in southern Delaware.   hihi  Ironically enough, he hates the Eagles with a passion, so yes, he'll be rooting for the Cards.   hihi

Maybe I'm crazy, but as an NFL fan, I'd be happy to see any of these teams in the Super Bowl.  Philly's "Buffalo Bills Syndrome" in the NFC Championship games and McNabb provide great stories...as do the Ravens' Flacco and killer-D...Pitts' Big Ben, killer-D...and Kurt Warner/Larry Fitzgerald. 

Ravens-Steelers should be very hard-hitting...and watching the Eagles try to take out Warner should be entertaining.  yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #856 on: January 13, 2009, 07:48:54 PM »

I hope McNab chokes this sunday and the Cards go to the Super Bowl. He had no class for pulling that stunt.  Mark my words: Giants will be great and win it all next year!!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #857 on: January 13, 2009, 07:51:34 PM »

I hope McNab chokes this sunday and the Cards go to the Super Bowl. He had no class for pulling that stunt.  Mark my words: Giants will be great and win it all next year!!

Draguns, you're a nice guy...sorry to disappoint ya!  McNabb is going to slam the Cards.   Wink
Yeah, the phone thing was dumb, but classless?  It wasn't meant as a slight to the Giants.  It was silly fun...dumb, but not malicious.   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #858 on: January 13, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »

I am a HUGE Kurt Warner fan and will be pulling for him to go to the super bowl again.

Larry Fitzgerald is a beast

let me ask u guys a question

who would u take

Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #859 on: January 13, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »

Fitzy.

He could even catch a bad throw by Brett Favre.

He is THAT good.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: