Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:19:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261217 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #820 on: January 10, 2009, 02:15:59 AM »

^Thanks High_Times, makes sense now.  Yeah, he has to be franchised then.  It's a no-brainer...that said, I don't see the Lions making a play for him.  Perhaps the Vikes, Bears, Bucs, or Jets?  (sounds like the same teams competing for Favre last season)

We both called all Penn super bowl

Titans over Ravens 16-13

Steelers over Chargers 23-10

Panthers over Cards 27-17

Eagles over Giants 22-16

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #821 on: January 10, 2009, 05:03:52 AM »

I think people are hugely underestimating the Arizona Cardinals. No one gave them much of a chance to win last week. Now, this week, the Panthers are ten-point favorites and everyone's saying that there's "no way the Panthers lose." I live in NC, and everyone's acting as if the Panthers have already advanced to the NFC Championship game.

I know that the Panthers are a better team than the Cards. The Panthers are undefeated at home this season, whereas the Cardinals are winless on the east coast. But the Cards almost beat the Panthers earlier this season. And often when a team is expected to win just by showing up . . . well, they don't.

I still expect the Panthers to win, but I think it'll be much closer than people expect. If Boldin was 100% I think they'd pull the upset. Carolina's secondary has been a bit suspect at times this season.

As for the other games, I think the Steelers take care of the Chargers.

Titans vs. Ravens could go either way, as they're two very similar teams. But I'll go with an experienced QB over the rookie Flacco.

I'm both excited and nervous about the Eagles-Giants game. The Eagles are probably the hottest, most confident team in the playoffs. You look back on their season, with all the ups and downs, the benching of McNabb, how they were left for dead, the improbable upsets that had to go their way in week 17 . . . They've had an amazing resurgence, and a lot of people are saying how they could be a "team of destiny."

I don't know who wins that game Sunday. Of course, my heart says Eagles, but I know it'll be tough. The Giants haven't been as impressive since they lost Plaxico, who used to kill the Eagles every time they played. As long as the Eagles' run defense plays well, I think they win. But Jacobs is a fucking beast, and he and Ward worry me.

Regardless, whoever wins that Eagles-Giants game, I think that's the team that goes on to win the Superbowl.

Here Today . . .
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #822 on: January 10, 2009, 07:02:19 AM »

My picks for this weekend:

Baltimore at Tennessee - Go Titans!

Arizona at Carolina - Go Panthers!

Philadelphia at New York - Go Giants!

San Diego at Pittsburgh - Go Chargers!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #823 on: January 10, 2009, 09:51:54 AM »

I'm with Gilee on the under-estimating factor going on in Carolina. 
Cards to cover, Panthers to win.
Steelers cover AND win. (I'm eager to see if the Steelers are as good as I think they are)
Eagles win and cover. (I'm excited for McNabb of course!)
Ravens-Titans, god damn that's a tough one.  I'm looking forward to this game immensely.  Head says Titans win and cover...heart would like to see U. of Delaware's own Joe Flacco make some more noise! 
Titans win and hit the spread dead-on with a win by 3.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #824 on: January 10, 2009, 01:19:31 PM »

the Giants haven't looked too good and one can almost say they are limping into the playoffs. They remind me of the Dallas Cowboys last year. hot early, on a warpath and then end of season collapse.

With my hometown Titans, Im not sure how much I trust Kerry Collins.

I love Kurt Warner, but there is no way they go into Carolina and win. I agree with Prez, they may cover the spread possibly but they aren't winning.

Chargers are losing for sure. Steelers are the same stone cold lock as Carolina.

G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #825 on: January 10, 2009, 01:29:10 PM »

Cardinals to upset Carolina.
Titans to beat Ravens.
Pittsburgh will destroy the Chargers.
Eagles will beat the Giants.

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #826 on: January 10, 2009, 09:04:59 PM »

My Titans played like pure shit tonight. They should've won by 2 TD's. I cannot believe how bad they choked this game away.

what happened to Chris Johnson? Did they ever say why he couldn't play in the 2nd half?

First half play calling was horrible.

Chris Johnson was destroying Baltimore, they'd get the ball to the Baltimore 40 and stop giving it to him.

DUMB

I could bitch about the Delay of Game they didn't call that helped set up Baltimore's Game Winning FG but Tennessee didn't deserve to win the game with all those shitty Turnovers and penalties.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #827 on: January 11, 2009, 12:04:28 AM »

Arizona had "no chance" of winning . . . and they go into Carolina and dominate the Panthers.

When everyone in the world gives a team no chance of winning, that only fuels their fire, makes them angrier, gives them something else to prove. And then often the favored team gets complacent, believes what the media's saying, and thinks that they'll win just by showing up. Carolina hugely underestimated Arizona, and they got their asses kicked.

I'm not a fan of AZ, but I was actually kind of glad to see them come out and play so well considering how they've been disrespected all week. They wouldn't have been in the second round of the playoffs if they weren't a good team.

I think they might have a good gameplan going on: Wrap up the division title with several weeks to go, then start sucking so that everyone underestimates you once the playoffs start.

Here Today . . .
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #828 on: January 11, 2009, 12:10:06 AM »

My Titans played like pure shit tonight. They should've won by 2 TD's. I cannot believe how bad they choked this game away.

what happened to Chris Johnson? Did they ever say why he couldn't play in the 2nd half?

First half play calling was horrible.

Chris Johnson was destroying Baltimore, they'd get the ball to the Baltimore 40 and stop giving it to him.

DUMB

I could bitch about the Delay of Game they didn't call that helped set up Baltimore's Game Winning FG but Tennessee didn't deserve to win the game with all those shitty Turnovers and penalties.

Tennessee should've won, I think. They moved the ball pretty well against that stout Ravens defense, but then had three huge TOs in the red zone. But still, that delay of game was so fucking obvious, yet it wasn't called. Also, nobody mentioned it during the game, but I could've sworn Flacco stepped out of bounds in the back of the endzone late in the game, which would've resulted in a safety, right?

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #829 on: January 11, 2009, 12:26:05 AM »

They discussed the Flacco thing after the game and he clearly didn't step out. Boomer Esiason cleared it up and they showed footage from the end zone cam.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #830 on: January 11, 2009, 01:39:33 AM »

Interesting divisional playoff weekend so far, neither team that was "supposed" to win won. Will the same happen tomorrow? I'm quite confident that PIttsburgh will win their game. As for the Giants and Eagles i think that one can go either way. I hope the Giants are prepared and not still letting the Burress crap still distract them. The eagles have been playing good so they need to be ready to play like they're capable of.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #831 on: January 11, 2009, 02:44:26 AM »

I just love all these sports "experts."   yes

I'm so happy Arizona is still in it.  I love rooting for the underdog. 

I want NY to win tomorrow, because I hate Donovan McNabb with a burning passion.

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind an all southwest Super Bowl.
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #832 on: January 11, 2009, 04:15:55 AM »

I believe he had an ankle injury.

Well, i'm 3-3 so far in the playoffs, batting a .500 average.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 04:18:12 AM by G2N2R » Logged

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #833 on: January 11, 2009, 04:19:27 PM »

Donovan McNabb baby!!!   beer

Let's see...he wins against the Vikes...then the #1 seed Giants...no choke yet, eh?

Bring on the Cards!!!  The Steelers will be incredibly tough though.  When the Eagles lose to the Steelers in the Super Bowl, you can go back to calling McNabb terrible, a choker, etc.  Yet, he will be in a game 30 other starting quarterbacks didn't make it to.   Kiss

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #834 on: January 11, 2009, 05:01:01 PM »

I'm so in the tank for Arizona, right now, though Philly'd be fine, too.  I really want the SB winner to be NEITHER SD nor Pitt...so I guess you can chalk that up as also in the tank for Baltimore.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #835 on: January 11, 2009, 07:47:22 PM »

Well Axl4prez, McNabb tried his best, fortunately for him, Eli choked more today.

I'd love to see Kurt Warner return to the super bowl

It is in Arizona.............................

Im still going Pittsburgh vs Philly they are the two hottest best teams.

Baltimore should've lost and Pittsburgh look unstoppable.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #836 on: January 11, 2009, 10:23:34 PM »

Well Axl4prez, McNabb tried his best, fortunately for him, Eli choked more today.

I love it!  Even when he wins, you still won't give him credit.  You anti-McNabbites crack me up.   hihi
He runs for a td, throws a sweet td pass...has 1 legit int, and 1 tipped int.  His receivers (hello Curtis) drop perfectly thrown balls...gimme a break, if you honestly watched the game, in those conditions, McNabb played a HELL of a game...as did the Eagles defense.  Great game.

I must admit, I didn't see most of the Cards-Panthers game, but I was told the Cards beat the living shit out of Carolina.  Also, if I was an oddsmaker, I'd set the line right now at Eagles -3.  I haven't checked it yet, but honestly, Cardinals fans are not rabid fans.  This will not be a hostile environment for the Eagles.  They will go to the SB...but if it's the Steelers, they'll be introuble...the Ravens...not so much trouble, but I do think it'll be all PA. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #837 on: January 11, 2009, 10:32:27 PM »

I love it!  Even when he wins, you still won't give him credit.  You anti-McNabbites crack me up.   hihi
He runs for a td, throws a sweet td pass...has 1 legit int, and 1 tipped int.  His receivers (hello Curtis) drop perfectly thrown balls...gimme a break, if you honestly watched the game, in those conditions, McNabb played a HELL of a game...as did the Eagles defense.  Great game.

I must admit, I didn't see most of the Cards-Panthers game, but I was told the Cards beat the living shit out of Carolina.  Also, if I was an oddsmaker, I'd set the line right now at Eagles -3.  I haven't checked it yet, but honestly, Cardinals fans are not rabid fans.  This will not be a hostile environment for the Eagles.  They will go to the SB...but if it's the Steelers, they'll be introuble...the Ravens...not so much trouble, but I do think it'll be all PA. 

Delhomme was doing his best Brett Favre impression, that's all I have to say!
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #838 on: January 12, 2009, 12:35:15 AM »

Personally, I thought Donovan played a great game--- much, much better than his numbers suggest. The Eagles' receivers had their usual dropped passes on very catchable balls. Neither of his two INTs were bad INTs. He was hit when he threw that first one, and the second one was just a crazy play with the deflected pass falling right into the hands of the big DL. Considering Westbrook didn't do anything all game, and considering the wind factor, McNabb played very well. Eli was throwing wobbly passes into the wind; Donovan was still throwing tight spirals. The third-down conversions that McNabb completed by buying time with his legs was vintage Donovan. Very good to see.

No doubt about it, though, the Eagles defense is the reason they won the game. They played amazing. I wasn't even worried really--- the Eagles just seemed to be in control the entire game.

McNabb and the Eagles have been to five NFC Championship games in the past 8 seasons. That's quite an amazing statistic. For all the talk of how great Peyton Manning is--- he's been one-and-done in the playoffs six times in his career. McNabb has never been one-and-done.

Bring on Arizona, baby!!!!!!!!!   ok hihi peace beer
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:39:08 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #839 on: January 12, 2009, 12:49:37 AM »

hihi hihi hihi hihi Just busting your balls axl4prez.

Philly vs Pittsburgh!

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: