Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261300 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #760 on: January 01, 2009, 10:49:30 AM »

I think Philly are winning the superbowl

Its Philly in the Super Bowl

Hopefully McNabb won't CHOKE again.  we will see.

Hell no! Please no! I want McNabb out of the playoffs. The sooner the better. I don't get the whole 'destiny' idea, unless he's destined to lose.

I'll be pulling hard for the Vikings to end all hope for Philadelphia this weekend.

Go......Atlanta, Indianapolis, Miami, and Minnesota!!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #761 on: January 01, 2009, 03:55:46 PM »

Let me start off by saying i'm a diehard Patriots fan, and I absolutely HATE the jets..

But seriously, whats going on internally for that organization is just sad. Mangini may have not gotten his team to the playoffs this year, but he got them to a 9-7 record overall and has steadily been improving the team over his three years as the head coach, yet he gets fired? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, I feel like Mangini could be and will be a good coach in the league and the Jets will regret letting him go... unless of course they sign someone like Shannahan in which case they'll be better off.

Also whats going on with everyone shitting on Brett Favre's play? Arn't these people supposed to be TEAMMATES, not look to find a scapegoat in a game where i'm sure Favre wasn't the only problem. In a game in which they allowed 20+ points to a lowly Dolphins team and 100+ yards rushing overall as well. I find it pathetic and scummy that his teammates want to just rag on him for his interceptions, ya know it happens.. it's football, and they are the ones that made the decision to bring in Favre. These same guys that would be praising him earlier in the season are now hanging him out to dry and blaming him for a loss in which the entire team should take the heat for.

I hope Favre DOES decide to play another year, but plays for a different team.. idealy an AFC team that will play the Jets next year, because I want to see him put up ungodly yardage and multi-TD's against these hopeless fucks  ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #762 on: January 01, 2009, 05:40:29 PM »

Let me start off by saying i'm a diehard Patriots fan, and I absolutely HATE the jets..

But seriously, whats going on internally for that organization is just sad. Mangini may have not gotten his team to the playoffs this year, but he got them to a 9-7 record overall and has steadily been improving the team over his three years as the head coach, yet he gets fired? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, I feel like Mangini could be and will be a good coach in the league and the Jets will regret letting him go... unless of course they sign someone like Shannahan in which case they'll be better off.

Also whats going on with everyone shitting on Brett Favre's play? Arn't these people supposed to be TEAMMATES, not look to find a scapegoat in a game where i'm sure Favre wasn't the only problem. In a game in which they allowed 20+ points to a lowly Dolphins team and 100+ yards rushing overall as well. I find it pathetic and scummy that his teammates want to just rag on him for his interceptions, ya know it happens.. it's football, and they are the ones that made the decision to bring in Favre. These same guys that would be praising him earlier in the season are now hanging him out to dry and blaming him for a loss in which the entire team should take the heat for.

I hope Favre DOES decide to play another year, but plays for a different team.. idealy an AFC team that will play the Jets next year, because I want to see him put up ungodly yardage and multi-TD's against these hopeless fucks  ok

Sorry, Brett, if he decides to play another season (which I don't think he will) will not be in the AFC.  Just scan through every AFC team and they are locked-in at the position...the one notable exception would be KC, but Tyler Thigpen looks to be their future qb.
I think if Brett wants to play, he'll go to the NFC.  My Vikes still have shit at qb, but after watching Brett limp to the finish-line, honestly, I respect the man and all, but it's time for Brett to hang up his cleats for good. 
Also, G2N2R, good point on mangini.  I think the fact he's been interviewing with a couple of teams already shows this guy's a quality head coach in the minds of several owners/gm's across the league.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
G2N2R
Rocker

« Reply #763 on: January 01, 2009, 07:33:05 PM »

Sorry, Brett, if he decides to play another season (which I don't think he will) will not be in the AFC.  Just scan through every AFC team and they are locked-in at the position...the one notable exception would be KC, but Tyler Thigpen looks to be their future qb.
I think if Brett wants to play, he'll go to the NFC.  My Vikes still have shit at qb, but after watching Brett limp to the finish-line, honestly, I respect the man and all, but it's time for Brett to hang up his cleats for good. 
Also, G2N2R, good point on mangini.  I think the fact he's been interviewing with a couple of teams already shows this guy's a quality head coach in the minds of several owners/gm's across the league.

This is gonna sound way outta the box, but lets say IF the rumors regarding Brady being way behind in his recovery are true, and he can't play till midseason next year or worse not at all next year, and with the situation with Cassel probably on his way out... what if ole' Coach Belichick throws a curve ball and signs Favre if the Jets were to release him. Just think bout that, he'd have great receivers around him and a good run game.. tho he had that in New York too, but the Pats defense is better then the Jets.

Just a thought, would be funny to see him in a Patriots uniform, and who knows.. if it happened maybe he'd lead them to yet another Super Bowl ring.. that'd be the ultimate slap in the face to those damn Jets!  hihi

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #764 on: January 01, 2009, 09:33:33 PM »

But, how cool would he be with sitting down once Brady is back to full-speed?
Outside of the box we could have him going lots of places...how 'bout something like Warner retiring...would AZ feel comfortable giving Leinart the reins?  or would they roll the dice with Favre, and thus give Brett the greatest wr tandem in football Fitzgerald and Boldin???  It's fun to speculate.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #765 on: January 02, 2009, 12:41:03 AM »

I'm a Patriot fan too, and I'd want no part of Brett Favre.  We had a less talented version of Brett Favre for years in Drew Bledsoe, and I agree with Axl4Prez, it's time for Favre to hang'em up.  Granted he did have a great season last year with a better squad, but he was awful down the stretch this season.  Could he have done better with more talented players around him, sure.  But Brett has LOST a lot more big games over the last decade than he's WON.  He's the complete opposite of Tom Brady, and even Matt Cassel.  I don't even want to entertain the thought of him being a Patriot, no offense to Brett, but the sun has set on his hall of fame career.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #766 on: January 02, 2009, 02:22:44 AM »

Green Bay should have let him play.

Serves them right for treating Mr. Favre like calcium, lime, or rust.  Or a combination of all three.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #767 on: January 02, 2009, 03:18:02 AM »

The teammates ragging on Farve is wrong and quite sad. You win as a team you lose as a team. The collapse was not all Farve's fault, yes he didn't play well down the stretch but his partially torn bicep was clearly affecting his play as the season went on. At least he hung in there and tried to help the team anyway he could but it clearly affected his ability to throw. He threw many many balls that were underthrown that he never would've underthrew before.
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #768 on: January 02, 2009, 11:30:20 AM »

lmao

okay, shows that you hate them

They lost close games to Wash @ home barely

then lost @ arizona in overtime via blocked punt..

then romo was out, so was felix and they get blowed away @ st. louis

this team can compete. they can win 12 games still.

playoffs... a definate.

Grin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #769 on: January 02, 2009, 12:41:02 PM »

LOL@ Thomas Jones.

I had that bastard on my championship contending Fantasy Team and he got me 2 fucking pts.

I think he should shut his mouth.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #770 on: January 02, 2009, 01:31:03 PM »

Best game this weekend will be Indy and Chargers. I think it will be Baltimore and Indy in the AFC championship, and I would look to see Baltimore win on the strength of their defense.

In the NFC, it is too hard to call. Arizona is the weakest so they will lose. But NYG and Carolina are the best overall teams. But Philly is playing well and Vikes have a great defense but no offense. So I think it will be Giants and Panthers in the NFC championship, and I have no idea who would win that one.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #771 on: January 02, 2009, 03:18:14 PM »

First off, Favre wont be a patriot unless he decides to take on a back-up role to the golden boy. Reports are coming out saying Brady is behind schedule and other reports are coming out saying he's ahead of schedule. I'm inclined to think hes prolly right on track.

How can you go 11-5 and miss the play-offs? Well I guess lose to 5 afc teams and watch Miami luck it out and well here we are. Suck.

My pick for the superbowl: Titans over Panthers. Fisher gets his ring...finally.

Colts are gonna beat San Diego.

Upset pick of the week, going out on a limb: Cardinals over Falcons in a high scoring fun game to watch. Ryan loses the game for the falcons by throwing a pick in the last 2 minutes. 41-35.  hihi  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #772 on: January 02, 2009, 03:28:34 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing the Vikings or Cardinals win it all.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #773 on: January 02, 2009, 04:43:38 PM »

How can you go 11-5 and miss the play-offs? Well I guess lose to 5 afc teams and watch Miami luck it out and well here we are. Suck.

Yeah, it highlights how dumb the system is.  How can two very strong AFC wildcard teams have to travel to two average division winners (one of which is 8-8).  If division winners must get in, so be it, but the seeding should be based on record.  Hell, put the Pats in the West and they run roughshod to the division title.  It's really a lame way to do it...doesn't matter usually, but this year highlights it as lame-O.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #774 on: January 02, 2009, 05:46:59 PM »

Yeah, it highlights how dumb the system is.  How can two very strong AFC wildcard teams have to travel to two average division winners (one of which is 8-8).  If division winners must get in, so be it, but the seeding should be based on record.  Hell, put the Pats in the West and they run roughshod to the division title.  It's really a lame way to do it...doesn't matter usually, but this year highlights it as lame-O.
The only thing I can say, and I'm a diehard Pats fan, season ticket holder (sort of).  They have no one to blame but themselves.  They had a great season, but they easily could've beaten the Colts in Indy if Gafney hadn't dropped that wide open TD pass in stride then David Thomas getting a stupid personal foul knocking them out of FG range.  And giving up a 3rd and 15 against the Jets in OT and never getting the ball back.  They had among the easiest schedules in the NFL playing both West divisions.  So it was within their own grasp.  San Diego, while only 8-8 is playing real well right now.  The Colts, Ravens, and Dolphins are all deserving of being in the playoffs.  It's tough, no doubt, but it's life.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #775 on: January 02, 2009, 07:25:16 PM »

It will always be argued in every sport, just like the shitty NL West in MLB where a barely 500 team gets in the playoffs.

Or in the NBA where a 40 plus win team in the West misses the playoffs but 3 teams in the East with less than 40 get in.

Just the way it is.

U look at the Jets. Remember when Thomas Jones couldn't get into the end zone on three tries earlier in the season? I can't remember who they were playing, but shit like that is why they should shut up about Favre.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #776 on: January 02, 2009, 10:31:57 PM »

Serves them right for treating Mr. Favre like calcium, lime, or rust.  Or a combination of all three.

Sorry, I disagree.  Aaron Rodgers had a very good rookie season. (28tds and what, 13 or 14 picks? to Brett's 22 and 22)  How long do you keep talent on the bench like that?  If you think the Packers record sucked without Favre, put him on that team whose defense and running game mysteriously disappeared this year, and they'd have been worse.  Hell, maybe the Lions might have snuck in a win with Brett throwing wounded ducks all over the place...or no-huddle quick passes right to the defender off the line of scrimmage!

Playoffs, I like tradition.  The Patsies had their chances like Faldor pointed out.  The Chargers deserve to be in.  That was one hell of a comeback at the end of the season for them.  That said, why is Freedom complaining?  The Colts are getting an easy 1st round win.  hihi 

Colts, Cards, Dolphins will cover...dammit, the heart says Vikes...but the head's sayin' Eagles.   Cry  A Vikes win would be fucking glorious though!!!!!!!!!!!!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #777 on: January 02, 2009, 10:58:10 PM »

Sorry, I disagree.  Aaron Rodgers had a very good rookie season. (28tds and what, 13 or 14 picks? to Brett's 22 and 22)  How long do you keep talent on the bench like that?  If you think the Packers record sucked without Favre, put him on that team whose defense and running game mysteriously disappeared this year, and they'd have been worse.  Hell, maybe the Lions might have snuck in a win with Brett throwing wounded ducks all over the place...or no-huddle quick passes right to the defender off the line of scrimmage!

Playoffs, I like tradition.  The Patsies had their chances like Faldor pointed out.  The Chargers deserve to be in.  That was one hell of a comeback at the end of the season for them.  That said, why is Freedom complaining?  The Colts are getting an easy 1st round win.  hihi 

I agree about Favre.  If he'd make a decision and stick to it, there'd never have been a problem. 

And I'm not complaining about who's in or out...just the seeding. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
G2N2R
Rocker

« Reply #778 on: January 03, 2009, 11:31:50 AM »

Yeaaa!!! Playoffs baby, gotta love it!!!  peace

Here are my P-R-E-D-I-C-T-I-O-N-S.

Atlanta @ Arizona.
Not a hard pick here, Arizona's got basically no run game and a disgruntled guy in Edgerin James. Atlanta on the other hand has a great one-two punch in Turner and Norwood, all Matt Ryan has to do is manage the game and make the 3 or 4 BIG throws when he's called upon to do so. Final score, i'd say 24-14.

Indy @ San Diego.
My gut says to go with Indy, but I don't like there defense and I believe although the Chargers are something like 31st in pass defense, I think they will step up today and shut down the Colts. Well... not shut down, but keep the game close. I look for LT to have a good game rushing the ball, and Rivers is a good enough quarterback to keep his team in the game and points on the board. I will say however, if Antonio Gates is out today, then all of what i just said is moot and the Colts will win. But, assuming Gates plays, score will be 38-34 Chargers.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #779 on: January 03, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »

I think the only game that is a true toss up is Baltimore and Miami

Peyton isnt losing to SD. They are still an 8-8 football team and I just don't trust them.

Atlanta will shred arizona

Philly will have their game won by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: