Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:19:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261368 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #720 on: December 24, 2008, 03:56:56 AM »

And I agree with you, D, if Dallas gets into the playoffs, they are very capable of winning the NFC.

The Cardinals have sucked balls ever since the weather turned cold. They're one-and-done.

Neither the Bears or the Vikes look impressive. Chicago was dominated by Green Bay Monday night; they only one because of extreme luck. And Minnesota had like 6 fumbles or something last Sunday. You can't be a playoff team and fumble that much.

I think the Falcons are lucky and overrated. They over-performed this season.

The Panthers are good, but their defense isn't great, and I don't think Delhomme is capable of winning in the playoffs if you take away their running game.

Really, I think the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles are the three best teams in the NFC. Unfortunately, at least one, possibly even two, of those teams won't make the playoffs.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #721 on: December 24, 2008, 08:43:25 PM »

^ Sorry man, definitely two won't make it.  Philly AND Dallas are better than Tampa right now, but as Axl says, "It don't really matter..." Tampa only has to be better than the Oakland Trainwreck Raiders IN Tampa to get into the playoffs and knock-out the Eagles and Cowboys.

Philly and Dallas are both better than Minnesota as well...right now.  Pat Williams broke his shoulderblade.  Teamed with Kevin Williams, teams can't run on the Vikes.  Without him, they can, and will.  He's out at least through the 1st week of the playoffs.  In fact, if Minnesota loses to NY, and Chicago beats Houston, the stinking Bears will make the playoffs.  Philly and Dallas are also both better than the Bears.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #722 on: December 25, 2008, 03:30:40 AM »

^ Sorry man, definitely two won't make it.  Philly AND Dallas are better than Tampa right now, but as Axl says, "It don't really matter..." Tampa only has to be better than the Oakland Trainwreck Raiders IN Tampa to get into the playoffs and knock-out the Eagles and Cowboys.

Philly and Dallas are both better than Minnesota as well...right now.  Pat Williams broke his shoulderblade.  Teamed with Kevin Williams, teams can't run on the Vikes.  Without him, they can, and will.  He's out at least through the 1st week of the playoffs.  In fact, if Minnesota loses to NY, and Chicago beats Houston, the stinking Bears will make the playoffs.  Philly and Dallas are also both better than the Bears.

nope, Dallas own the tie breaker over Tampa. It was the only game Brad Johnson won and thank god he did. If we beat philly, we are in regardless of what Tampa does.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #723 on: December 25, 2008, 09:31:28 AM »

I stand corrected!  Yes, Dallas could do some serious damage in the playoffs.  I will stand by my earlier point, that Dallas and Philly stand the best chance of knocking off NYG.  Obviously, Carolina showed the other night it has a shot...but...
Axl4Prez's Updated Odds (% chance of reaching the Super Bowl):

Axl4Prez Odds for teams going to the Super Bowl as of 12/25/08:

AFC:        12/15/08     12/25/08
Steelers: 50%                31%
Titans:     25%                35%
Colts:       15%                22%
Ravens:     5%                 10%             
Pats:           2%                0.6%
Jets:           1.1%              0.4%
Dolphins:     1%                0.6%
Broncos:      0.8%             0.1%
Chargers:    0.1%             0.3%

NFC:        12/15/08         12/25/08
Giants:      42%                 48%
Panthers:  27%                 25%
Cowboys:   8%                  11%
Bucs:          5%                    1%
Cards:        5%                    1.5%
Eagles:       4%                    4%
Falcons:      3%                    3.5%
Bears:         3%                    3%
Vikings:       3%                    3%

I can't wait to knock some of these teams off the list once they have been eliminated from playoff contention...Denver Broncos I'm looking in your direction!  NY Jets, you too!   
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 09:43:06 AM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #724 on: December 25, 2008, 07:10:34 PM »

The jets won't even get in the playoffs. They'll lose to miami. They had it made after beating the titans then they went to hell. They lost to denver the niners and seattle inexcusable.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #725 on: December 28, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »

This has no bearing on THIS season, but it COULD be pretty big news if true.  And it's not about whether or not Brady and Gisele got engaged.

NBCSports' Tom Curran reports that Tom Brady's recovery from ACL and MCL surgery is "well" behind schedule.

Curran says that since Brady had staph infections cleared from his knee, both ligaments remain "loose" and scar tissue may need to be removed through yet another surgery. Brady's knee reportedly has little mobility and his quadriceps have been affected. Curran also reports that another surgery will not improve the looseness in the ligaments. That could seriously jeopardize Brady's 2009 season and force the Pats to franchise tag Matt Cassel. Dec. 28 - 11:26 am et

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #726 on: December 28, 2008, 12:06:34 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!  You bastards!  My Vikes are interested in Cassel!  I think he'd be a great addition.

Damn, I feel bad for Tom.  That sucks. Sad

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #727 on: December 28, 2008, 12:13:28 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!  You bastards!  My Vikes are interested in Cassel!  I think he'd be a great addition.

Yeah it's always tough when elite athletes get multiple seasons in their prime taken away (Ken Griffey Jr., Ted Williams, etc.)

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #728 on: December 28, 2008, 01:13:39 PM »

Brady will be ok, good thing going with Brady is, he is a pocket passer. It isn't like Mcnabb or Culpepper, guys who use their legs to also be effective.

Brady will be back but NE better re-sign Cassel.

I think Cassel could turn out to be a "System" guy though.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #729 on: December 28, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »

Yeah it's always tough when elite athletes get multiple seasons in their prime taken away (Ken Griffey Jr., Ted Williams, etc.)

Ah, Ted Williams, the greatest hitter in the history of baseball.  Ted was an American hero.  The guy goes overseas not only risking his life for his country, but records multiple shoot-downs of enemy fighter-planes!  The guy was a legend...when he is thawed out, I want him on the Dodgers!

btw, may I be the 1st to disagree with you D.  If Brady is that far behind in his recovery, this is a huge red flag.  I have to wonder what the Pats are going to do.  Charlie Casserly this morning on CBS pre-game said Cassel's definitely leaving New England...now, I wouldn't be so certain.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #730 on: December 28, 2008, 02:04:55 PM »

yeah but the infection caused it, I don't think Brady is getting engaged and being lazy

U figure there are 7 months till training camp. That is a long ass time to rehab. Plus, I think NE is greatly a system. I think Belicheck could plug someone else into that system and they'd do as good as Cassel. Its like the Texas Tech of NCAA Football. When u spread the field and dump and dink u will be fine.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #731 on: December 28, 2008, 04:47:46 PM »

Damn wind in Buffalo

gonna kill my fantasy championship

May I say for the 2 millionth time that Jason Garrett SUCKS

What the fuck is up with this play calling? 3rd and 1................ run with Barber, screen pass, slant to TO, run a curl with Roy Williams or something SHIT

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #732 on: December 28, 2008, 05:44:48 PM »

yeah but the infection caused it, I don't think Brady is getting engaged and being lazy

Of course,  I hope you didn't think I meant that in some way.  Shit happens.  It's very sad...but may I add, I still think Bridget Moynihan's hotter than Giselle...at least from the pics/vids I've seen.  Perhaps Giselle out-"inner beauty"'s Bridget.  Grin

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #733 on: December 28, 2008, 05:55:38 PM »

I am extremely embarrassed as a die hard Cowboy fan. this is just ridiculous.

One thing I can not tolerate is lack of heart. I don't care how shitty my teams I support are as long as they give effort and play hard. Dallas are playing like they are the Detroit Lions today. How can a team that just has to win to make the playoffs come out this horrible?

That is on the coaching staff and the players.

Jerry Jones should get on his knees and CRAWL over broken glass to Miami and beg Jimmy Johnson to come back. he should offer him the moon and full control to come back and save this debauchery of a franchise.

Seeing the lack of heart on this team makes u appreciate Bill Parcells even more considering how much he was able to get out of these losers.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #734 on: December 28, 2008, 06:36:15 PM »

what a fuckin day for the eagles. TB HAD to lose to the lowly raiders (13 point dogs) and they did. then chicago lost to Houston.

and the bitch slappin they are putting on the cowboys is just classic! dallas is nothin but bitches. and that bastard pacman jones gave us a freebie 15 yards to help set up a TD, then gave us 3 free points just seconds later. way to go, Jerry!  rofl rofl rofl

and the Romo dance (ya know, the one where he shuffles his feet in big games with a deer in headlights look on his face) is in FULL effect today! what a choke artist.

and Jerry looks like he shit his pants in the press box. this is just great. what a day!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #735 on: December 28, 2008, 06:40:27 PM »

I will say this

If Andy Reid keeps his head out of his ass and goes 50/50 run to pass, I'd be shitting my pants if I were the NFC. Philly have a great shot to go to the Super Bowl IF they run the ball.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #736 on: December 28, 2008, 07:12:58 PM »

I will say this

If Andy Reid keeps his head out of his ass and goes 50/50 run to pass, I'd be shitting my pants if I were the NFC. Philly have a great shot to go to the Super Bowl IF they run the ball.

i agree. the NFC is truly wide open. carolina and the giants are tough, especially at home, but still very beatable.

both road teams could win next week (i almost said "pull an upset" but i'm guessing they both may actually be favored). i could easily see a Atlanta-Giants champ game, or Eagles-Panthers. Eagles-Falcons is probably too much of a stretch.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #737 on: December 28, 2008, 07:25:27 PM »

Atlanta could easily beat Arizona and I expect it

Philly are gonna kill Minnesota.

Philly at NYG, I think Philly can win this game and Atlanta got beat at Carolina 24-9 but they blew Carolina out at Atlanta. So the rubber match would be something I'd love to see.

The AFC is crazy to predict.

I see Baltimore over Miami
Indy over Den/SD

Indy would then play Pittsburgh with Baltimore vs Tennesee

I dare anyone to try and pick the winners of these matchups

are u kidding me?

I got Tennessee vs Pittsburgh in the AFC Title Game
Philadelphia vs Carolina in the NFC Title Game

All Pennsylvania Superbowl

Philly vs Pittsburgh

Wildcard teams here lately rule the playoffs.

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #738 on: December 28, 2008, 07:53:23 PM »

The Cowboys suck so mush ass.

Team needs a offensive coordinator and QB.

The Roy Williams trade turned out to be shitty for them.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #739 on: December 28, 2008, 09:06:26 PM »

Atlanta could easily beat Arizona and I expect it

Philly are gonna kill Minnesota.

Philly at NYG, I think Philly can win this game and Atlanta got beat at Carolina 24-9 but they blew Carolina out at Atlanta. So the rubber match would be something I'd love to see.

The AFC is crazy to predict.

I see Baltimore over Miami
Indy over Den/SD

Indy would then play Pittsburgh with Baltimore vs Tennesee

I dare anyone to try and pick the winners of these matchups

are u kidding me?

I got Tennessee vs Pittsburgh in the AFC Title Game
Philadelphia vs Carolina in the NFC Title Game

All Pennsylvania Superbowl

Philly vs Pittsburgh

Wildcard teams here lately rule the playoffs.

i gotta give it some thought before i make predictions. but all 4 WC teams look like decent bets to win. in fact, it's possible that all 4 will actually be FAVORED. i'm sure that's never happened before.

right now, i'm thinking the top teams will be there in the end. maybe giants-panthers in the NFC, and titans-colts in the AFC. home field and the week off is so big.

(not sure if they have announced the whole schedule yet, but i just got word that eagles-vikes play at 4:30 on Sunday.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 09:29:41 PM by sandman » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: