Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:24:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261445 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #700 on: December 19, 2008, 09:42:36 AM »

I love Maurice Jones Drew

He is one of my favorite players but he has got to GET HIS ASS UP on that last play.

Unless u are unconscious u gotta get up and get to the line of scrimmage for the spike.

that cost them 10 seconds whereas it should've only cost them 5.

I truly feel Peyton Manning has had his greatest season in the NFL.Not statistically, but the shit he has pulled them out of this season has just been unbelievable.

they could easily be 7-9 right now.

He didn't cost them 10 seconds...he cost them 22.  Twelve while laying there before they stopped the clock for him and ten from the runoff.  In all honesty, I'm not sure why it took them from :41 to :29 to decide he was hurt.  Don't know if that's on the refs or the Jags, but as the Jags are well known for (at least in recent years) shooting themselves in the foot with a sudden outburst of stupidity... (granted, usually in the form of a personal foul penalty).

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #701 on: December 19, 2008, 07:58:29 PM »

Yeah u are right Freedom

22 seconds!

If he just wills himself up and gets to the line of scrimmage, Jacksonville would've had 38 seconds or so as opposed to 19.

I think they send it to OT.

I have no idea what Garrard was thinking on that Pick 6.  One has to question his vision. Just like overthrowing Reggie Williams in the end zone at the end of the game.

U have to make those plays.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #702 on: December 19, 2008, 09:13:42 PM »

Alright D, the big question...will your 'boys beat the Ravens in Big D?  All I know is this is going to be a hell of a game!  I can totally see scenarios with either team winning this game.  In my eyes, I think it will all come down to whether or not Dallas can jump out on top early.  If Dallas can strike early...the Ravens won't have the offensive firepower to come back.  The longer it stays close, the edge goes to Baltimore. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #703 on: December 20, 2008, 10:36:59 PM »

Tony Romo and Jason Garrett SUCK

Have I said that enough?

Ray Lewis said it was the most simplistic offense. Romo handed them a FG with a STUPID pass to Ed Reed.

offense is generic and vanilla.

I could call better plays than this

This is horrible.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #704 on: December 20, 2008, 11:25:04 PM »

How about that 75 yd untouched TD by the ravens there.  rofl
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #705 on: December 20, 2008, 11:31:08 PM »

LOL@Dallas. They forgot to play defense tonight.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #706 on: December 21, 2008, 12:14:13 AM »

FUcking Dallas

Jesus Christ

No Discipline, no fire

We dont deserve to go to the playoffs

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #707 on: December 21, 2008, 12:43:10 AM »

They forgot to bring the D into Dallas tonight.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #708 on: December 21, 2008, 01:28:21 AM »

Yeah, definitely the Alice Cowboys tonight.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #709 on: December 21, 2008, 05:51:39 PM »

It serves Jerry Jones rightfully so to close Texas Stadium with a big loss! With all the selfish arrogant pricks and criminals he puts on his teams, he deserves no glory. I use to could cheer for the Cowboys but the team personnel credibility has gone way down in the last few years.

From a top Super Bowl contender to a lames ass team who just may be out of the playoffs.  rofl

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #710 on: December 21, 2008, 09:11:51 PM »

It serves Jerry Jones rightfully so to close Texas Stadium with a big loss! With all the selfish arrogant pricks and criminals he puts on his teams, he deserves no glory. I use to could cheer for the Cowboys but the team personnel credibility has gone way down in the last few years.

From a top Super Bowl contender to a lames ass team who just may be out of the playoffs.  rofl

I hope the franchise gets even shittier when they move into the new building.

Their hole is still showing.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #711 on: December 22, 2008, 12:55:25 AM »

Well, it appears the Eagles will now probably miss the playoffs all because of a few inches. Which is rather fitting, considering how many times this year they've lost games because they couldn't get a single yard.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game (Atlanta @ Minnesota aired where I live), but judging by the box score, Andy Reid apparently reverted back to his old ways of passing on every play. I think Westbrook had like 12 carries the entire game, which makes no fucking sense whatsoever. The whole reason the Eagles had turned their season around was because of a more balanced attack. Give the ball to Westbrook 20+ times a game, the Eagles win--- plain and simple.

Andy Reid is a good coach, but he should never call another play in his entire life.

Now I have to hope for the hapless Raiders to beat the Bucs and hope that the Bears lose one of their last two. If both those things happen, and the Eagles beat the Cowboys, the Eagles make it to the playoffs. It's not impossible, considering how the Bucs have played lately . . . But I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #712 on: December 22, 2008, 07:28:08 PM »

Well, it appears the Eagles will now probably miss the playoffs all because of a few inches. Which is rather fitting, considering how many times this year they've lost games because they couldn't get a single yard.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game (Atlanta @ Minnesota aired where I live), but judging by the box score, Andy Reid apparently reverted back to his old ways of passing on every play. I think Westbrook had like 12 carries the entire game, which makes no fucking sense whatsoever. The whole reason the Eagles had turned their season around was because of a more balanced attack. Give the ball to Westbrook 20+ times a game, the Eagles win--- plain and simple.

Andy Reid is a good coach, but he should never call another play in his entire life.

Now I have to hope for the hapless Raiders to beat the Bucs and hope that the Bears lose one of their last two. If both those things happen, and the Eagles beat the Cowboys, the Eagles make it to the playoffs. It's not impossible, considering how the Bucs have played lately . . . But I'm not exactly holding my breath.

I'm sorry you missed the Eagles game.  Honestly, Andy Reid looks bigger than his offensive lineman, he's friggin huge!  In case you're wondering why BW didn't get more carries, honestly, they weren't making much headway on the ground.  BW's best play was a beautiful catch on a perfectly thrown ball from Donovan.  A healthy Westbrook takes that to the house for 6...but as you know, BW's not 100%.  It's quite clear he isn't himself. 

Now, while folks are inevitably going to knock Donovan, if anybody watched that game there were multiple drops.  Bad drops.  Even a touchdown drop by DeSean Jackson late in the game.  Hell, there was a good 40 yard pass dropped right in his chest deep down the sideline, and dropped by DeSean.  LJ had his weekly drops.  ...and the one I didn't mention that is just as glaring was Asante Samuel's sure interception that he dropped in the 4th? quarter?  I forget...but it was bad.

btw, can I tell you what a jack-ass Joe Buck is?  God, he pisses me off.  Troy's too good to have to work with that little jack-off.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #713 on: December 22, 2008, 07:53:32 PM »

mcnabb had his usual bad throws in the dirt, but he wasn't the reason they lost.

reid called more than 46 passes and only 14 runs. in a game that was close the whole time, on a windy day, with 2 of your top 4 WRs out.

the run game averaged 4.1 yards per rush in the first half. then at one point reid called pass plays on 16 straight plays during the 3rd and 4th quarters.

the entire offense had no emotion. it looked like they didn't even want to be out there. at one point B-Dawk even went up to every offensive player and high-fived them to try to pump them up. the cincy game was so poorly played and was one of the worst offensive games i'd had ever seen, and this one was almost as bad. this team is a disgrace. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #714 on: December 22, 2008, 08:39:15 PM »

If it's any consolation, u guys aren't beating my Cowboys next week anyway! Tongue

Yeah, I watched the entire game and Philly were pretty inept on offense. I do agree though, all those dropped passes are just unforgivable

HOWEVER

U guys have to give Washington a shit load of credit, especially their punter. I think Philly started inside the 15 about 6 times or so it seemed. Washington just destroyed them in the field position battle.

Dumbest coaching move of the week was Eric Mangini. U have 4th and a foot on the 2 yard line or so...... GO FOR IT. with those conditions, even if u don't get it, u probably get a safety. Nothing else, they are gonna run it and u will stop them and get the football in amazing field position anyway.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #715 on: December 23, 2008, 01:17:01 AM »

Well, when the Eagles beat the Giants a couple weeks ago, Westbrook had a horrible YPC average in the first half, but Reid kept feeding him the ball, and in the second half Westbrook broke a couple long runs. You gotta stick with the run game, no matter if it's working or not. And yeah, I saw highlights of the game on ESPN, and DeSean Jackson had some HUGE dropped passes.

Somehow, despite being dominated the entire game, the Bears squeaked out a win in OT, making it even harder for the Eagles to make it to the playoffs. But hey, as long as we beat Owens and the Cowboys next week, I'll be happy.

What a lame season this has been, though. Who the hell is the best team this year? There's been no dominating teams like in years past. I wouldn't even surprised if the overrated, lucky-as-hell Atlanta Falcons get to the Superbowl this year.

The Colts are on a long winning streak now, but they still have no running game. I thought Pittsburgh was the best team in the AFC, but they lost to the Titans on Sunday. The Giants beat the Panthers, making them the number one seed, but they're still nowhere near as good without Plaxico.

That's why I was so hoping my Eagles would get into the playoffs because I think the entire league has had an off year this season. Usually you can single out 2 or 3 teams that have a very good chance of winning the Superbowl. This year it's anybody's game.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #716 on: December 23, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »

the entire offense had no emotion. it looked like they didn't even want to be out there. at one point B-Dawk even went up to every offensive player and high-fived them to try to pump them up. the cincy game was so poorly played and was one of the worst offensive games i'd had ever seen, and this one was almost as bad. this team is a disgrace. 

DeSean Jackson was the biggest goat in my eyes.  Westbrook and Portis are wounded warriors, I give each of them a ton of props for gutting it out being less than 100%.  McNabb made the throws when he had to.  LJ Smith is garbage. 

I worry about Andy Reid.  The man is so unhealthy...his size is very disturbing to me. 

Here's the question of the day...is McNabb going to be an Eagle in '09?  Maybe I've asked this once or ten times before...but could ya send him to my Vikes...please???

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #717 on: December 24, 2008, 12:20:47 AM »

Well, when the Eagles beat the Giants a couple weeks ago, Westbrook had a horrible YPC average in the first half, but Reid kept feeding him the ball, and in the second half Westbrook broke a couple long runs. You gotta stick with the run game, no matter if it's working or not. And yeah, I saw highlights of the game on ESPN, and DeSean Jackson had some HUGE dropped passes.

Somehow, despite being dominated the entire game, the Bears squeaked out a win in OT, making it even harder for the Eagles to make it to the playoffs. But hey, as long as we beat Owens and the Cowboys next week, I'll be happy.

What a lame season this has been, though. Who the hell is the best team this year? There's been no dominating teams like in years past. I wouldn't even surprised if the overrated, lucky-as-hell Atlanta Falcons get to the Superbowl this year.

The Colts are on a long winning streak now, but they still have no running game. I thought Pittsburgh was the best team in the AFC, but they lost to the Titans on Sunday. The Giants beat the Panthers, making them the number one seed, but they're still nowhere near as good without Plaxico.

That's why I was so hoping my Eagles would get into the playoffs because I think the entire league has had an off year this season. Usually you can single out 2 or 3 teams that have a very good chance of winning the Superbowl. This year it's anybody's game.

Well, the Giants had played w/o Plax b4 the shooting and still won. That doesn't mean they dont need 'em, but it showed they can win w/o him. Of course im a Giants fan, but i dont think theres a team with better "running".... Im glad we got the by so Jacobs and the whole team can rest! Maybe a Repeat...HuhHuh
Jbat

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #718 on: December 24, 2008, 03:47:18 AM »

U know, if Dallas can get into the playoffs. we can win the NFC.

we match up very very well with every team in the NFC. The first round matchup if we make it, is looking like Minnesota or Chicago. Neither team scare me at all as we should run through each one of them.

2nd round would be the Giants or Panthers. Carolilna don't have the D and I believe the D when motivated can stop anybody.

so I guarantee my Cowboys are the last team anyone wants to meet in the playoffs.

we are like the team that kind of fucks around in the regular season but when it means something, those guys will step up this time........ I hope.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #719 on: December 24, 2008, 03:48:37 AM »

Here's the question of the day...is McNabb going to be an Eagle in '09?  Maybe I've asked this once or ten times before...but could ya send him to my Vikes...please???

It's improbable, but not impossible, that the Eagles could still make the playoffs this season. No matter what, I still think they beat Dallas this Sunday. The Eagles have proven in recent weeks that they're capable of being one of the best teams in the league, they're just too inconsistent. Westbrook was banged up for most of the year and the Eagles lost a lot of very close games, usually because they couldn't get one measely yard on a 4th-and-1. A few tweaks here and there, and they could be a serious contender next season.

It's obvious that Kolb will be a huge step back from McNabb, and the Eagles are a team that are capable of winning now. I don't understand why they would get rid of McNabb when he gives them their best chance of winning.

Now, if they don't make the playoffs next year, I think both Reid and McNabb will be gone.

And who knows, McNabb may force the Eagles to trade him during the offseason. He's still bitter about being benched, and how does he know that the same thing won't happen next year if he goes through another rough spell like he did this year?

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: