Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:11:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261490 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #680 on: December 13, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »

T.O. is such a good guy that he keeps wearing out his welcome time after time after time after time? Give me a break!! The guy is a drama queen and needs to be bitch slapped!  rant

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #681 on: December 13, 2008, 08:26:21 PM »

And it gets worse.

Source: T.O., Witten had to be separated
ESPN.com news services

While the Dallas Cowboys were trying to downplay a possible rift between Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, the two nearly came to blows on Friday, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported Saturday.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen, according to team sources, confirmed an incident occurred at the Cowboys training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

Both players acted as if everything was fine when the media was allowed in the locker room, according to the Star-Telegram. But Owens was still upset.

The confrontation came a day after a source told ESPN that Owens believes Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips held a team meeting on Friday to clear the air about the report. Afterward, he said any personality conflicts had been resolved.

"Everything is set straight as far as I'm concerned," he told The Associated Press. "I think the players, too. We'll see."

The Cowboys play host to the NFC East leading New York Giants on Sunday night.

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3767580
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #682 on: December 14, 2008, 01:39:54 PM »

TO and Witten separated?  I didn't even know they were married!  Hmm, bi-racial marriages...my in-laws won't like the sound of this one.  hihi

Winning cures all these problems.  I see Big D getting a big W tonight.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #683 on: December 14, 2008, 07:29:49 PM »

Just finished the Baltimore vs Pitt game

When the fuck are Genius Defensive Coordinators EVER gonna figure out that the stupid umbrella, Prevent defense has never and WILL never work.

Just ask the Houston Oilers and them blowing a 30+ point lead against Buffalo

Teams never fucking learn.

A team goes the entire game without moving the ball and u give them 90 yards in 3 minutes.

just dumb especially considering how great Baltimore's D is and how horrible Pitt had moved the ball.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #684 on: December 14, 2008, 10:11:21 PM »

LOL@how buffalo lost to the jets. What was Buffalo thinking throwing the ball when they only had to run the clock out?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #685 on: December 14, 2008, 10:15:32 PM »

Just finished the Baltimore vs Pitt game

When the fuck are Genius Defensive Coordinators EVER gonna figure out that the stupid umbrella, Prevent defense has never and WILL never work.

Just ask the Houston Oilers and them blowing a 30+ point lead against Buffalo

Teams never fucking learn.

A team goes the entire game without moving the ball and u give them 90 yards in 3 minutes.

just dumb especially considering how great Baltimore's D is and how horrible Pitt had moved the ball.

your just jelous hihi

LMAO at TO being seperated from witten rofl

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #686 on: December 14, 2008, 10:15:53 PM »

Jason GARRET U FUCKING SUCK
]

The screen pass to TO's side is working every single time.

UHHHHHHHHHHH its worked 3 times... maybe we shouldn't do it anymore.........

STUPID

Reminds me of a guy I had on my adult league basketball team one time.

We were a run and gun team. poor defensively but FUCK could we score.

anyway

we were playing a 2-3 zone and were doing rather well with it.

anyway this guy on my team says.

we better go to man to man, they are gonna figure this zone out.

I was like DUDE we fucking suck on defense. we can't guard anybody!

we had 3 guards and 2 forwards basically like Phoenix and we weren't the tallest or fastest or most athletic but we could knock down 3's

anyhow
this guy wanted to stop doing what works cause they MIGHT figure it out.

like with Garrett.

If something works, KEEP DOING IT DUMMY!

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #687 on: December 14, 2008, 11:23:37 PM »

WTF? Giants can't play defense tonight if their lives were dependent upon it. How do you have a team in a 2 and 23 twice in one drive and let them score a touchdown? Fuck the giants they don't deserve home field after this one or even to go to the playoffs. They suck right now.  rant
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #688 on: December 15, 2008, 12:30:17 AM »

Tashard Choice has shown some potential.

IN a weird way, it could be in our advantage as Pittsburgh won't know how to gameplan now.

RB is the easiest position to plug in. Choice could be Ryan Grant or Peyton Hillis.

I've called a lot of shit this season right.  Choice looks great. imagine our 3 headed monster when Felix Jones gets back!

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #689 on: December 15, 2008, 03:29:07 PM »

Remember when NYG and TEN looked invincible? 

Seriously, more than any year I can remember, I have NO idea who'll be in the Super Bowl.  No freakin' clue.  At all. 

A stab in the dark might include Pittsburgh, since it's a tough place to play and their D is strong.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #690 on: December 15, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »

Seriously, more than any year I can remember, I have NO idea who'll be in the Super Bowl.  No freakin' clue.  At all. 

A stab in the dark might include Pittsburgh, since it's a tough place to play and their D is strong.

i was having this same conversation with friends from work today, including fans of the ravens, steelers, pats and giants. it's so wide open - all of our teams have a decent shot. and you have some real good teams with as good a chance as anyone that won't even get in.

for me, the top 4 teams are the panthers, giants, steelers, titans; and that list in interchangeable. but i'm not convinced at all that the SB champion will come from that group. and teams like the Eagles, Pats, Falcons, Bucs that may not even get in are more than capable of winning it all.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #691 on: December 15, 2008, 06:58:57 PM »

Pittsburgh vs Carolina superbowl

Pittsburgh's D mixed with Ben's intangibles plus once they get Parker back 100 percent mixed with Moore. They will be the team to beat.

Carolina is peaking at the right time with their two back attack and Steve Smith being unstoppable.  The Giants have went through too much shit. Even though Plaxico didn't have the same production, he still kept defenses focused his way which allowed the lesser WR's to make more plays. They don't have that now, so teams can tee off on the run game.

Dallas, my team are just not disciplined enough. Too many silly penalties and mental errors always lose big games.

Even last night, they tried like hell to give it away with that fucked up safety. Once again, Dallas just always do that backbreaking idiotic play. The entire left side of the offensive line didn't even MOVE! how does that happen?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #692 on: December 15, 2008, 07:23:26 PM »

Freedom, I think we can narrow it down though...AFC, teams with strong odds to go to the Super Bowl has to start with Pittsburgh.  Big Ben's been there before and like you said, one of the 3 best defenses in the NFL.  

#2 in the AFC has to be Tennessee.  There's another one of the best 3 defenses in the NFL.  BUT, Haynesworth and Vandenbosch are OUT for the last 2 games.  The Titans have a bye locked up, but will almost certainly be a #2 seed.
To me, the only other team that could have a shot of knocking these 2 teams off would be Indy.  btw, may I bitch a little about how the NFL is seeding the playoff teams?

A 9-7 or...gulp...an 8-8 team out of the AFC West will have a home wildcard game vs. an 11-5 team that didn't win its division.  Punish the better team because it's in the same division as a juggernaut.  Brilliant!  Roll Eyes

Freedom's gotta love that Indy will probably get a shot at beating the living shit out of Denver in the 1st week of the playoffs.  (unless San Diego beats Tampa in Tampa this week, and Denver loses to the Bills at home this week...and then SD beats Denver at home in the last week of the regular season).

Axl4Prez Odds for teams going to the Super Bowl as of 12/15/08:

AFC:
Steelers: 50%
Titans:     25%
Colts:       15%
Ravens:     5%
Pats:           2%
Jets:           1.1%
Dolphins:     1%
Broncos:      .8%
Chargers:    .1%

NFC:
Giants:      42%
Panthers:  27%
Cowboys:   8%
Bucs:          5%
Cards:        5%
Eagles:       4%
Falcons:      3%
Bears:         3%
Vikings:       3%

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #693 on: December 15, 2008, 07:45:39 PM »

Freedom, I think we can narrow it down though...AFC, teams with strong odds to go to the Super Bowl has to start with Pittsburgh.  Big Ben's been there before and like you said, one of the 3 best defenses in the NFL.  

#2 in the AFC has to be Tennessee.  There's another one of the best 3 defenses in the NFL.  BUT, Haynesworth and Vandenbosch are OUT for the last 2 games.  The Titans have a bye locked up, but will almost certainly be a #2 seed.
To me, the only other team that could have a shot of knocking these 2 teams off would be Indy.  btw, may I bitch a little about how the NFL is seeding the playoff teams?

A 9-7 or...gulp...an 8-8 team out of the AFC West will have a home wildcard game vs. an 11-5 team that didn't win its division.  Punish the better team because it's in the same division as a juggernaut.  Brilliant!  Roll Eyes

Freedom's gotta love that Indy will probably get a shot at beating the living shit out of Denver in the 1st week of the playoffs.  (unless San Diego beats Tampa in Tampa this week, and Denver loses to the Bills at home this week...and then SD beats Denver at home in the last week of the regular season).

Axl4Prez Odds for teams going to the Super Bowl as of 12/15/08:

AFC:
Steelers: 50%
Titans:     25%
Colts:       15%
Ravens:     5%
Pats:           2%
Jets:           1.1%
Dolphins:     1%
Broncos:      .8%
Chargers:    .1%

NFC:
Giants:      42%
Panthers:  27%
Cowboys:   8%
Bucs:          5%
Cards:        5%
Eagles:       4%
Falcons:      3%
Bears:         3%
Vikings:       3%

That AFC list looks about right (order, not percentages...BTW, what's it say when you predict teams not currently in playoff position to have a better shot of making the big game over Denver, which is in playoff position?  rofl).  I don't give any team 50%.  Especially not with the unpredictability of a bye week before meeting tough competition.  Pitt rests, then has to host a good team?  They'd be favored, but Indy beat 'em, they stole this victory from the Ravens who obviously know them well, I think both of those teams (assuming they win the wildcard spots) are likely to advance past mediocre or slipping first round opponents. 

No clue about the NFC.  Each and every team has the ability to make it when playing well and to fuck it all up when playing stupid. 

NYG - the Plaxico factor and they're slipping
DAL - penalties...Romo
ARZ - still ARZ
PHI - let me know when Reid isn't coaching anymore

Seems like the team least likely to just randomly fuck things up might be Carolina, but the other teams could beat them if they play decently. 

So, again, I'm clueless on this one.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #694 on: December 15, 2008, 08:20:06 PM »

Ha!  Freedom, yeah, that tells you what I think of the fucking Broncos.  Biggest fraud of a division winner in football.
Those percentages are 100% correct btw.   Grin

Don't buy the hype of the "slipping" Giants.  The Cowboys defense has been playing amazingly well, plus the Giants were away.  The loss to Philly was a loss to a team coming back...I'd have the Eagles rated higher if their playoff hopes were more solid at this point.  This 2 game slide has been to very good teams.  The Giants are still way better than the competition in the NFC...especially at home where they'll be throughout the playoffs.  Take it to the bank, the Giants will beat the Panthers.  If you thought Favre makes stupid decisions, wait'll ya get a load of what Delhomme will do under pressure.

Cowboys time.  With their resurgent defense, and a solid qb like Romo, if they're in the playoffs, they'll be scary.  Losses to very good teams don't worry me.  The Steelers game?  Big deal.  Big D, if in the playoffs will jump their % up, same with the Eagles.

D, sorry, the Panthers aint goin' anywhere.  If the Giants win homefield throughout, they'll bump over the 50% chances of making the Super Bowl.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers were only 3 or 4 point favorites at home in their playoff game.  If it's against the Cowboys or Eagles, they will lose.  If they pull some shitty fraud team like the Cards or Bears, they could win, but again, if the Panthers face an NFC East team, they are going down. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #695 on: December 15, 2008, 08:55:53 PM »

Ha!  Freedom, yeah, that tells you what I think of the fucking Broncos.  Biggest fraud of a division winner in football.
Those percentages are 100% correct btw.   Grin

Don't buy the hype of the "slipping" Giants.  The Cowboys defense has been playing amazingly well, plus the Giants were away.  The loss to Philly was a loss to a team coming back...I'd have the Eagles rated higher if their playoff hopes were more solid at this point.  This 2 game slide has been to very good teams.  The Giants are still way better than the competition in the NFC...especially at home where they'll be throughout the playoffs.  Take it to the bank, the Giants will beat the Panthers.  If you thought Favre makes stupid decisions, wait'll ya get a load of what Delhomme will do under pressure.

Cowboys time.  With their resurgent defense, and a solid qb like Romo, if they're in the playoffs, they'll be scary.  Losses to very good teams don't worry me.  The Steelers game?  Big deal.  Big D, if in the playoffs will jump their % up, same with the Eagles.

D, sorry, the Panthers aint goin' anywhere.  If the Giants win homefield throughout, they'll bump over the 50% chances of making the Super Bowl.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers were only 3 or 4 point favorites at home in their playoff game.  If it's against the Cowboys or Eagles, they will lose.  If they pull some shitty fraud team like the Cards or Bears, they could win, but again, if the Panthers face an NFC East team, they are going down. 

I don't buy the slipping Giants hype, but it looks VERY familiar to me.  A team, QBd by a Manning, running roughshod over opponents through the first half of the season, and then other teams figure them out just in time to fuck up the playoffs.  Been there, my friend.  Seriously, getting a 3/4 seed was the best thing to ever happen to the Colts.  They had to play the whole season, didn't get rusty, and had to be innovative and fight every week.  Yet a year previous, they went like 13-0, before losing 2 of 3 and then plopping like a big, day after Thanksgiving turd during the playoffs. 

I'm sure for a really beat up team that bye week might be a Godsend, but I've seen enough of it to know that I'd rather not have it, in most cases. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #696 on: December 15, 2008, 10:44:36 PM »

I think the bye week is a god-send for a team like the Titans whose defense is in big trouble without Haynesworth and Vandenbosch.  The homefield advantage is the real prize.

The Giants will benefit big-time from that homefield advantage.  The Giants should rest Jacobs and kick the shit out of the Panthers without risking his availability in the playoffs.  Bring him back healthy and ready to run roughshod over all comers.

Freedom, Indy has to be considered the next likely team after Pit and Ten.  If the injuries to Ten's defense go into the playoffs, (and Sanders is healthy! huge factor there!), the Colts will be in for a shot at the big trip at Heinz Field in January.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #697 on: December 16, 2008, 02:51:01 AM »

If my beloved Eagles can get into the playoffs, I think they could be this year's version of last year's Giants. Unlike some of these other playoff teams who are starting to slip, the Eagles are getting hot at just the right time.

Dallas is very talented, but there's just too much controversy with that team. They don't seem like a cohesive unit. I think they're one loss away from imploding, thanks to Team Obliterator. (Although I'll be honest, their defense has been downright scary lately.)

I think that the Steelers will make it to the Superbowl on the AFC side. And if not them, then the Colts.

NFC . . . I think it'll be an NFC East team. The Panthers are good, but if someone takes away their running game, I don't think they win. Delhomme hasn't played particularly well this season, despite the team's record. He'll be their downfall.

Here Today . . .
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #698 on: December 19, 2008, 12:13:34 AM »

Colts overcame a lot of mediocre play, tonight.  Bad tackling, stupid mistakes (i.e. "blow to the head"), missed gimme field goal, no running game whatsoever...all wiped out by a great passing game, two incredibly timely sacks, and one pick six. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #699 on: December 19, 2008, 05:09:01 AM »

I love Maurice Jones Drew

He is one of my favorite players but he has got to GET HIS ASS UP on that last play.

Unless u are unconscious u gotta get up and get to the line of scrimmage for the spike.

that cost them 10 seconds whereas it should've only cost them 5.

I truly feel Peyton Manning has had his greatest season in the NFL.Not statistically, but the shit he has pulled them out of this season has just been unbelievable.

they could easily be 7-9 right now.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: