Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:20:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261820 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #640 on: December 04, 2008, 06:52:44 PM »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Cowboys lose at least 3 of the 4 games remaining and fail to make the playoffs. They have a hellacious schedule: Pittsburgh, Giants, Baltimore, Philadelphia. I wouldn't be surprised really if the Cowboys lose all four, but I'll give them the game against the Ravens.

U wanna make a wager?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #641 on: December 04, 2008, 11:33:59 PM »

Hey D, what's the bet?  Cowboys making the playoffs?  If I were you, I wouldn't go there!  Their finishing schedule is ridiculous.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #642 on: December 05, 2008, 04:41:56 AM »

think of something fun

a signature bet

if Dallas make the playoffs, u have to write whatever I want within reason in your signature for a week
if Dallas don't. I have to write whatever you want.

I don't think people are remembering how potent we are, when healthy

See, for the last couple of years, Dallas have peaked early and got shitty towards the end of the season therefore losing to Seattle and then NY last season.

This season, we did well to start, had the shitty part in the middle but NOW are going to peak at the right time.

People aren't realizing the big reasons we went to shit were injuries on defense. Just having Terrance Newman back has changed things considerably, the two rookie corners have gained tons of experience and will be better for it. Throw Pacman back in now opposite Newman

On Offense, getting Roy Williams has allowed TO to have a couple of monster games in a row.  Without Williams, Teams could bump TO with a safety over top the entire game

with Williams in the offense, if you do that, you are now leaving Williams man on man and he is eating those guys alive PLUS Jason Witten is healthy and u can't cover him one on one with a LB.

So what is happening is:

The middle of the field is becoming wide open and Romo has been able to pick them apart. There is also still a guy named Marion Barber in the backfield who will feast on defenses who no longer can put 8 men in the box.

Before, they could use 1st Corner and Safety on TO   Man to man with 2nd corner on Crayton and use the SS on Witten

since the strong safety would watch Witten, that would allow him to come closer to the line of scrimmage thus helping with 8 in the box in case of a run.

now, teams aren't able to do this because you can't play Williams with a 2nd corner man to man only. so the SS is now having to hang back and also watch Williams which now puts a LB on Witten so its pick your poison cause one of those guys are gonna kill you and there are less people now to stop Barber.

It isn't coincidence how great the offense is now doing. The defense has also played pretty outstanding the last several games

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #643 on: December 05, 2008, 02:22:14 PM »

I figure it's December, which is when Tony Romo and the Cowboys begin their annual collapse. Perhaps D is right though--- they decided to suck in the middle of the season instead of at the end this year.

But still, their next four opponents all have very physical, tough defenses that I think will limit the Cowboys offense and force plenty of turnovers. The Steelers are the best team in the AFC. The Giants are the best team in the NFL. The Ravens have a ferocious defense and Flacco is playing very good football for a rookie. And then there's the Eagles, who always play the Cowboys tough, and could possibly be facing a win-and-get-into-the-playoffs in that game if they manage to pull an upset against the Giants this week, which I'm starting to believe is actually going to happen.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #644 on: December 05, 2008, 07:17:29 PM »

Hey D, not to burst your bubble or anything, but:  "Marion Barber is absent from Friday's practice while dealing with a dislocated right pinkie toe, according to the Dallas Morning News.  The Cowboys' staff is trying to devise the best way to keep his ailing toe protected. He looks to be a game-time call for Sunday's outing against Pittsburgh at Heinz Field."

Also, it'll be 23 degrees with a real-feel temp of 9 degrees fahrenheit...with wind, 21 mph, Plus 50% chance of snowshowers earlier in the day.  The Steelers are 1st against the run and if I'm not mistaken have 2 guys combining for over 20 sacks this season. 

..then again, this is the NFL, anything can happen.

PS  no way I'm taking your bet D!  You'd have me banned in the first 5 minutes if I lost the bet.    hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #645 on: December 05, 2008, 07:37:16 PM »

hahaha

If Barber can't go........... yeah, thats gonna change the dynamic.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #646 on: December 05, 2008, 07:43:36 PM »

hahaha

If Barber can't go........... yeah, thats gonna change the dynamic.

Of all things, a fucking toe.  Gates, McFadden, LT...the list goes on, toes matter.  Forget Barber, the weather alone will change the dynamic, and if ya ask me, it's in Pittsburgh's favor. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #647 on: December 06, 2008, 01:22:36 PM »

Pittsburgh don't have an amazing offense either though and our D is vastly improved

I say we win an ugly 17-14 game.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #648 on: December 06, 2008, 04:46:32 PM »

Pittsburgh don't have an amazing offense either though and our D is vastly improved

I say we win an ugly 17-14 game.

D, I hope you are Pro-"Choice."  You better be...Marion The Barbarian Barber is  o u t  Sunday.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #649 on: December 06, 2008, 08:06:49 PM »

Tashard Choice has shown some potential.

IN a weird way, it could be in our advantage as Pittsburgh won't know how to gameplan now.

RB is the easiest position to plug in. Choice could be Ryan Grant or Peyton Hillis.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #650 on: December 06, 2008, 10:04:09 PM »

^ on the shitty turf of Heinz Field he better be Walter Fucking Payton!  hihi 

wide receiver Roy Williams did not practice on Friday due to a sore foot, but he is probable for Sunday.

This game really has me thinking.  Vegas is smart...and they only have the Steelers 3 point favorites.  I don't get it.  Generally, teams get about 3 points just for being home team.  I guess if I was setting the line, I'd have the Steelers favored by more...not a lot more.  4 or 4 1/2 seems about right.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #651 on: December 07, 2008, 10:24:16 AM »

Was flipping through the digital program guide to see what time the Colts played today and, upon finding their slot on CBS at 1 pm, I noticed that the game against the Bungles is listed as "exhibition".  rofl  Yeah...that's pretty much how I feel about it, too.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #652 on: December 07, 2008, 10:48:36 AM »

Was flipping through the digital program guide to see what time the Colts played today and, upon finding their slot on CBS at 1 pm, I noticed that the game against the Bungles is listed as "exhibition".  rofl  Yeah...that's pretty much how I feel about it, too.

Freedom...I don't know buddy, you're setting yourself up here for somebody to post a pic of Apollo Creed down on the mat with a caption reading, "It was only supposed to be an exhibition!" as Apollo's manager is screaming in the background.

The Bengals tied the Eagles, and almost took out the Giants.  That said, you should win by 21 points, but "any given Sunday" holds true.   Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #653 on: December 07, 2008, 09:02:01 PM »

Freedom...I don't know buddy, you're setting yourself up here for somebody to post a pic of Apollo Creed down on the mat with a caption reading, "It was only supposed to be an exhibition!" as Apollo's manager is screaming in the background.

The Bengals tied the Eagles, and almost took out the Giants.  That said, you should win by 21 points, but "any given Sunday" holds true.   Wink

Care to edit?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #654 on: December 08, 2008, 05:05:40 AM »

Cowboys are never going anywhere with Romo at the helm and thank god!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #655 on: December 08, 2008, 10:52:11 AM »

While I don't totally disagree with you, I think you have to give some blame to Jason Witten as well.  The 2 were obviously not on the same page in the 4th quarter yesterday for some reason or another on the interception and the 4th down.  Romo was throwing to a spot and Witten was running to some other spot.  Witten motioned that it was his fault, so I wouldn't throw ALL the blame on Romo.  I know it's easy to do because he's choked in other big games, but you have to be fair.  Witten was WIDE open on that 4th down play, if he only turned around.  They needed 10 yards, which they would've had if he turned around.  Instead it looked like he decided to run a 30 yard out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #656 on: December 08, 2008, 01:04:07 PM »

While I don't totally disagree with you, I think you have to give some blame to Jason Witten as well.  The 2 were obviously not on the same page in the 4th quarter yesterday for some reason or another on the interception and the 4th down.  Romo was throwing to a spot and Witten was running to some other spot.  Witten motioned that it was his fault, so I wouldn't throw ALL the blame on Romo.  I know it's easy to do because he's choked in other big games, but you have to be fair.  Witten was WIDE open on that 4th down play, if he only turned around.  They needed 10 yards, which they would've had if he turned around.  Instead it looked like he decided to run a 30 yard out.

OH its more than that pick 6

the horrible pick he threw in the first half that gave pitt a FG
The horrible passes he kept overthrowing all game cause little pussy Romo was cold.

The Defense played magnificent only to have Romo screw it all up.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #657 on: December 08, 2008, 04:03:13 PM »

What a great day for the Eagles yesterday!!! Not only did they dominate the Giants in New York, but the Cowboys, Redskins, and Falcons all lost as well. If the Eagles beat the Browns next week, and the Cowboys lose to the Giants and the Falcons lose to the Bucs, the Eagles will move into that sixth playoff spot.

It's crazy how things change so fast in the NFL. Just a couple weeks ago I was ready to give up on the entire Eagles franchise. Now, after two dominating wins against two playoff teams, I'm starting to think the Eagles could be like the Giants last year. Westbrook is finally healthy and Reid is giving him plenty of carries; the defense is playing great; McNabb has his confidence back. The Eagles next three games are against: Browns, @ Redskins, Cowboys. They should definitely win the next two, setting up a huge showdown in week 17 against the Cowgirls!!!

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #658 on: December 08, 2008, 08:36:19 PM »

For Christ's sake D, I wouldn't be too hard on Romo.  Pitt has one of (if not the) best defense in the whole league.  Dallas fans should be very happy about their defense. 

and yes Gilee, McNabb is on his way to a huge game in Week 17 against the Cowboys.  Brownies and the decimated skins should be easy wins.  Wow.  Philly fans should be stoked.  Dallas is screwed.

btw, Freedom, I don't believe in editing!   hihi  Congrats man on your Colt resurgence.

My Vikes moved to 8-5...but...Cards, Falcons, Giants...I am hoping the Giants win out so they rest their starters to allow my Vikes to win in Week 17.   Grin

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #659 on: December 08, 2008, 10:00:20 PM »

There is plenty good reason to be so hard on Romo. He has shown he will choke repeatedly in big games or in a big spot. The guy just isn't winner/champion or leader material. He doesn't have what it takes. I don't ever see the cowboys winning a super bowl with him at QB.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: