Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261843 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #620 on: November 29, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »

Yeah Axl4prez

this is the same Arizona team that gave up 6Tds passes to Bret Favre and 200pts to the NY Jets on the road. It was Thanksgiving in cold ass Philly

Zona mailed that shit in

McNabb has to have more than one good game out of his last 3 or 4 to earn back his dominant status.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #621 on: November 29, 2008, 01:59:29 PM »

What a complete dumbass! But you gotta love this! Hahahahaha!  rofl rofl

Giants WR Plaxico Burress suffers accidental gunshot wound

1 hour, 49 minutes ago

By PA SportsTicker

New York Giants star wide receiver Plaxico Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg Friday, according to multiple media reports.

Burress was hospitalized with gunshot injuries Friday night that were not believed to be life-threatening, FOX Sports.com reported Saturday.

A spokesman for the Giants on Saturday told PA SportsTicker that the team had no comment, although they acknowledged they are aware there was an incident.

Burress has not practice all week due to an ailing hamstring and already had been ruled out of Sunday?s game against the Washington Redskins.

Citing sources familiar with the situation, the New York Daily News reported that Burress was shot late Friday night, but no further details of the incident are available.

Burress, who has 41 receptions for 454 yards and four touchdowns, aggravated the hamstring injury early in Sunday?s 37-29 triumph over the Arizona Cardinals and has not practiced this week.

It has already been a tumultuous season for Burress, who missed the team?s October 5 game against the Seattle Seahawks after being suspended for missing a team meeting.

Burress, who signed a five-year, $35 million contract extension prior to the season, also was involved in a sideline confrontation with coach Tom Coughlin during a game and has been fined multiple times.

The Record of Bergen County reported last month that police responded to two domestic disturbance calls at the home of the star wide receiver in the past six months.

Source:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txgiantsburress&prov=st&type=lgns

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #622 on: November 29, 2008, 02:01:45 PM »

I am reading more into this. I think someone shot him and he is saying he accidentally shot himself to protect his spouse or whatever.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #623 on: November 29, 2008, 02:57:15 PM »

Hmm, D you may be on to something.  He's had multiple domestic abuse issues this year already.  Crazy stuff....but...the Giants keep rolling along without him.  Kinda makes ya wonder huh?

btw, Drew, just chase him right outta Philly up to Minnesota please!   hihi

Give McNabb a solid #1 receiver and he'd put up 30 td's/year, easily.  yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #624 on: November 29, 2008, 02:59:58 PM »

Drew, just chase him right outta Philly up to Minnesota please!   hihi

Minny is just fine with me if that's where he lands. That will mean I can start liking the Eagles again.  Grin

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #625 on: November 29, 2008, 03:05:22 PM »

I vaguely remember what it's like having a QB that I didn't like...but it's been a while. 

Call me when you wanna bitch about the D-Line.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #626 on: November 29, 2008, 04:56:29 PM »

Granted Arizona isn't one of the better defenses, and the game was played in Philly, but you still have to give kudos to McNabb for being able to block out all the criticism he's taken lately and still come out and play a great game. If he had gotten off to another slow start, thrown a couple INTs, Reid would've probably benched him again, and I doubt McNabb would've ever played another game in an Eagles uniform.

Also, Reid should take notice that when the Eagles actually stick to the running game, the Eagles' offense is a thousand times better. It takes so much pressure off of McNabb.

I still think this is going to be McNabb's last season. Unless of course the Eagles go on a winning streak and sneak into the playoffs and make some noise once they get there. 3 of the next 4 games are against NFC rivals, though, so it's going to be very difficult.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #627 on: November 29, 2008, 07:14:58 PM »

Gilee ^ nice post, but while I agree with the benching in the 2nd half last week, I think Reid mishandled it by not telling Donovan face to face.

I sure hope Donovan's able to play for a team whose fans will appreciate his talent and effort. 

@Giants, Browns, @ Redskins, Cowboys. 

Giants may be without Plaxico for the next 3 1/2 years, Jacobs is still banged up.  This is winnable for the Eagles.
Browns, should be a W for the Eagles.
@Redskins, winnable.
Cowboys, definitely winnable especially if Barber's still hurt.

The playoffs are not out of reach for the Eagles.  peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #628 on: November 29, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »

Giants may be without Plaxico for the next 3 1/2 years

Now you're trying to tease me, aren't you Axl4Prez2004?  hihi

I think you meant 3 1/2 games though, right?

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #629 on: November 29, 2008, 09:49:20 PM »

That's some gunshot wound!  hihi
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #630 on: November 29, 2008, 09:59:52 PM »

That's some gunshot wound!  hihi

Like I said, Axl4Prez2004 was teasing me. It would be nice if he was going to be out for that long. Grin

sandman
Legend

« Reply #631 on: November 30, 2008, 08:10:34 AM »

Now that he's been named the starter, I hope Donovan McNabb has the game of his life Thursday night. It's pretty obvious that these are going to be his last few games as an Eagle, so I hope he has an amazing run these next few weeks and plays amazing football and proves to everybody that he's still one of the top QBs in the NFL.

beer  beer  beer  beer
Where oh where are all the McNabb haters right about now?  I do have to admit, part of me wanted him to not have a great game.  That probably would have increased the odds of him wearing purple and gold next year.  Damn!

where have you been the last 3 weeks? awfully quiet during mcnabb's 2-week 39.2 QB rating performance.  hihi

Ron Jaworski broke down film of the Bengals game. he pointed out how mcnabb missed open recievers "time and time again."

watch highlights of the cardinals game. they were in nickle or dime coverage the whole time. on film it praactically looks like prevent.

everyone recognizes that mcnabb is a good QB. but we also see him for what he is. inconsistent. even die-hard mcabb fans have to admit that. and that's what separates the greats from the good.

and some of us believe he can't run a 2-minute offense and chokes in the clutch as well.     

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #632 on: November 30, 2008, 08:14:48 AM »

^ Holy shit!  Guys, I was dead serious.  Plaxico Burress was carrying a loaded, concealed weapon in Manhattan.  It went off somehow in the club.  Apparently he is not registered to carry a concealed, loaded weapon.  Mayor Michael Bloomberg in 2007 announced a minimum jail sentence of 3 1/2 years for any person carrying a loaded concealed weapon...no exceptions.

Yes, I know folks will say celebrities get different treatment, but it sounds to me like he will be doing some sort of jail time.  Antonio Pierce was out partying with him at the club/restaurant/hotel in NYC.  Whether he was with Plaxico at the moment of the gun going off, I don't know.  

PS  Sandman, I just saw your McNabb post.  Did I not say already that I agreed with the benching?  I just disagreed with Andy Reid's not doing it like a man face to face.  That's all.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 08:17:58 AM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #633 on: November 30, 2008, 08:18:33 AM »

Gilee ^ nice post, but while I agree with the benching in the 2nd half last week, I think Reid mishandled it by not telling Donovan face to face.

I sure hope Donovan's able to play for a team whose fans will appreciate his talent and effort. 

@Giants, Browns, @ Redskins, Cowboys. 

Giants may be without Plaxico for the next 3 1/2 years, Jacobs is still banged up.  This is winnable for the Eagles.
Browns, should be a W for the Eagles.
@Redskins, winnable.
Cowboys, definitely winnable especially if Barber's still hurt.

The playoffs are not out of reach for the Eagles.  peace

eagles fans do appreciate him. did you hear any boos when he came out the other night? yo uever see how many #5 jerseys are worn to the games?

you're right, playoffs are within reach. biggest game of the year coming up vs. the giants. very winnable. mcnabb needs to step it up. we'll see how he does.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #634 on: November 30, 2008, 08:34:45 AM »

^Boos?  Y
Hell yeah!  With the 1st incomplete pass, as Sarah Plain and Small would say, "You Betcha!"

btw, plenty of new Plaxico news available at profootballtalk.com.  He was unloading his weapon with security in a separate secured room when it went off accidentally.  What a fucking idiot.  I am going to enjoy watching his ass get thrown in prison.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #635 on: November 30, 2008, 08:37:05 AM »

^ Holy shit!  Guys, I was dead serious.  Plaxico Burress was carrying a loaded, concealed weapon in Manhattan.  It went off somehow in the club.  Apparently he is not registered to carry a concealed, loaded weapon.  Mayor Michael Bloomberg in 2007 announced a minimum jail sentence of 3 1/2 years for any person carrying a loaded concealed weapon...no exceptions.

WOW....this is promising news! He definitely should be put in jail for 3 1/2 years now. I would love that!

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #636 on: December 04, 2008, 12:24:15 PM »

no, he means he may end up in jail for 3.5 years

he's done for the rest of the year
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #637 on: December 04, 2008, 03:03:01 PM »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Cowboys lose at least 3 of the 4 games remaining and fail to make the playoffs. They have a hellacious schedule: Pittsburgh, Giants, Baltimore, Philadelphia. I wouldn't be surprised really if the Cowboys lose all four, but I'll give them the game against the Ravens.

Here Today . . .
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #638 on: December 04, 2008, 03:12:35 PM »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Cowboys lose at least 3 of the 4 games remaining and fail to make the playoffs. They have a hellacious schedule: Pittsburgh, Giants, Baltimore, Philadelphia. I wouldn't be surprised really if the Cowboys lose all four, but I'll give them the game against the Ravens.

I'll agree with you that they will miss the playoffs.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #639 on: December 04, 2008, 04:18:33 PM »

Gilee, if the Cowboys win 3 out of 4 with that schedule, they'll deserve to be in the playoffs.  I really think they'll lose this week to the Steelers though.  With the Bucs and Panthers at 9-3 each?, one will be 10-3 after this week.  One will be 9-4.  The Falcons will probably fo to 9-4 as well.  Who'd a thunk the fucking South would have 3 teams in the playoffs!  hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: