Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261865 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #580 on: November 19, 2008, 09:22:50 PM »

Nah, they won't run the table although with that D and running game, they certainly have the capabilities.

They have Colts in week 17, They will long have clinched and the Colts will be battling for their wildcard lives at home.

What makes me laugh is, the knee jerk reacting football "experts"

Titans can lose to the jets and all of a sudden they "suck"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #581 on: November 20, 2008, 09:23:23 AM »

The Titans have all the ingrediants of a Superbowl team: great defense, great running game, a QB who doesn't make mistakes. People underestimate them because they aren't flashy and they don't blow teams out. But yet they continue to win week after week, and in different ways: teams have started to take away the running game lately, and yet Kerry Collins goes out and throws for 300 yards.

However, I still think the Giants are the best team in the NFL. Like the Titans, they also have that great defense and running game . . . But the Giants have the more explosive offense. If the two teams met, and Eli played smart without any costly turnovers, I think the Giants would win.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #582 on: November 23, 2008, 04:04:14 PM »

Matt Light is the biggest pussy I've ever seen for NE

Ripped off Crowder's helmet, grabbed his hair and threw 2 of the most pussified weakest punches I've ever seen

Then when they got close to the tunnel together, Light stuck his helmet back on real quick in case Crowder was waiting in the tunnel

what a PUSSY!

sandman
Legend

« Reply #583 on: November 23, 2008, 04:17:56 PM »

the mcnabb era may have officially ended in Philly today. he got benched after throwing 2 bad INTs (he had 3 turnovers overall).

this team is a disgrace. reid should be fired as well.

thank god philly has the phillies - a team with great, clutch players and true leadership - or there would be people committing suicide right now.  hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #584 on: November 23, 2008, 04:26:16 PM »

Yeah, goodbye Andy Reid

2 years too late.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #585 on: November 23, 2008, 06:47:23 PM »

Wow the Jets knock off the Titans on the road. Are they the best in the AFC? I think the answer has to be yes now. They just seem to be getting better and better and more confident with each week.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #586 on: November 23, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »

nah

best team in the AFC is still the Steelers

once they get fully healthy, they will give teams like the Jets fits.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #587 on: November 23, 2008, 07:00:42 PM »

nah

D is right.  The Steelers are the most complete team in the AFC.  The Giants are the class of the NFC.
Oh well, ya never know. 
btw, please send McNabb to Minnesota. ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #588 on: November 23, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »

Minnesota wins the Super Bowl if McNabb goes there

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #589 on: November 23, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »

Hahahahahaha.......McNabb gets benched!!! I love it!!!  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #590 on: November 23, 2008, 08:00:49 PM »

nah

D is right.  The Steelers are the most complete team in the AFC.  The Giants are the class of the NFC.
Oh well, ya never know. 
btw, please send McNabb to Minnesota. ok

Yep ya never know but if the jets and steelers don't meet in the playoffs we won't find out since they don't play this year. Even if the steelers are still the best in the AFC, what the jets did today was damn impressive.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #591 on: November 23, 2008, 08:31:26 PM »

if the vikings want mcnabb, it should be easy to get it done. especially if reid and the other moron coach in Minnesota are both still in charge. they are buddies so reid may give them preference in any trade negotiations.

and what's it gonna take....maybe a 3rd round pick? that's just a wild guess on my part, but i can't see the eagles getting more than that.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #592 on: November 23, 2008, 11:43:37 PM »

Good game tonight.   ok

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #593 on: November 23, 2008, 11:58:05 PM »

Good game tonight.   ok

agreed. after watching the last two eagles games (which were two of the worst played games i've ever seen), it was awfully refreshing to watch football that actually felt like a professional game. this game, as well as the giants-cardinals game, were entertaining.

and for the record, i think reid starts mcnabb thursday night.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #594 on: November 24, 2008, 12:17:01 AM »

wow do the Packers loom dumb now or what for not bringing Favre back?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #595 on: November 24, 2008, 02:08:59 AM »

wow do the Packers loom dumb now or what for not bringing Favre back?

Of course.

Unfortunately, I missed every game today because it was Chinese Democracy Day.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #596 on: November 24, 2008, 02:31:10 AM »

not really, Aaron Rodgers has put up some good numbers comparable to Favre's. Ryan Grant being injured has hurt Rodgers and GB

most importantly though, Rodgers has proved he can play. So GB now can build from here. Favre kept holding them hostage and he was older. U had to turn it over to the kid. Now u have a bright long term future in GB and not just a great 1 or 2 seasons that Favre would've given.

Favre is better right now by Rodgers, but Rodgers will be a Pro Bowl QB soon if not this year.

Also, Favre isn't the only reason NYJ are great this year. They upgraded the hell out of their offensive line, and improved their D with Kris Jenkins.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #597 on: November 24, 2008, 02:47:35 AM »

Even with the upgrades the jets made they have even exceeded my expectations so far. They are finally getting chemistry with favre and and the other new members and at the right time. If they only hadn't struggled early on they'd be 9-2 or even 10-1 right now. They should've won that game against the raiders at least.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #598 on: November 24, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »

Goddamn Andy Reid trying to ruin the day I first hear Chinese Democracy!!!!

I think Andy Reid just doomed the Eagles' franchise yesterday. You don't bench a QB like McNabb. In the games where Peyton Manning threw 4 INTs, was he benched? Look how bad Favre was playing in Green Bay a few seasons ago, yet he was never benched. Despite McNabb's poor performance, the game was only 10-7 at halftime, still a very winnable game. Every player--- especially QBs--- goes throw a rough spell every now and then. McNabb had been playing good football up until the Cincy game last week. In the games I've seen, especially with Westbrook hurting, McNabb was the only reason the Eagles stayed close. Yet instead of giving him an opportunity to play out of his slump, he's benched. Kolb comes in and makes things worse. A 10-7 score becomes 35-7. (I also heard a statistic on TV yesterday that the Eagles receivers had dropped more balls than any other team ... Is it McNabb's fault his receivers can't catch?)

If Kolb starts these next few games, the Eagles won't win another game this season. McNabb will go to a place like Minnesota, resurrect his career, and possibly win a Superbowl. Andy Reid will be fired. Kevin Kolb will turn out to be a bust, and Philadelphia fans will look back and see how lucky they were to have McNabb as their QB.

If I was McNabb, I would've been cussing Reid yesterday in the press conference, demanding I want out of the city next year . . . Instead he kept his cool, didn't say a bad word about anybody. Throughout his career McNabb has been one of the best role models in sports. Despite all the drama that's always surrounded him, he's always remained respectable, and, instead of lowering himself to the level of a Terrell Owens or Rush Limbaugh, has always taken the high road. He's the best QB the Eagles have ever had, yet the fans have never respected him and are always calling for the guy behind him, be it Feeley or Garcia or Kolb.

As much as I'll hate to see him go, I think it'll actually be good for McNabb to get out of Philly and get a fresh start with a team that will actually appreciate him and welcome him with open arms, instead of booing him like Philadelphia did the day they drafted him.

I'm also prepared for the Eagles to suck for the next several seasons, going back to their ol' 3-13 ways that they used to have before McNabb came to town.

Oh, and I also just read that Reid didn't even tell McNabb that he was benched. He had the quaterbacks coach do it for him. Seems like a very gutless thing for a guy with such a fat gut to do.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:04:04 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #599 on: November 24, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »

Matt Light is the biggest pussy I've ever seen for NE

Ripped off Crowder's helmet, grabbed his hair and threw 2 of the most pussified weakest punches I've ever seen

Then when they got close to the tunnel together, Light stuck his helmet back on real quick in case Crowder was waiting in the tunnel

what a PUSSY!
I personally can;t stand Matt Light... He is like a revolving door at Left Tackle. But Crowder I'm sure egged that fight on... I'm sure the Miami LB's who love to talk, were probably pissed off that they were getting there asses kicked at that point of the game. And as far as the helmet goes I'm sure the Miami fans were going to be throwing shit at him while walking into the tunnel, I'd have put my helmet on too... I'm sure Matt Light (6'4" 305lbs) wasn't affraid of Channing Crowder (6'2" 250lbs)

edit: wow I like to say "I'm sure"
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 11:51:11 AM by C0ma » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: