Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:12:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261506 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #460 on: October 14, 2008, 01:48:21 AM »

Good week for the Eagles. They get a win, even without Westbrook, while everyone else in the division loses. And now Dallas will be without Romo and Felix Jones for a month (although one week is a bye, and next week is against the Rams).

Here Today . . .
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #461 on: October 14, 2008, 01:30:50 PM »

Is there anyone outside of Big D who DOESN'T like seeing Dallas lose? 

No. At least not when they have assholes like T.O., Pacman, Tank Johnson or any other thugs that are in the NFL on the team. I could root for Dallas if they didn't employ these kinds of pricks.
I don't think he's that good. He makes too many stupid mistakes when it matters most. He's a panicker, but back to your original point they are fucked at least for the next month!

D, Drew, Axl4Prez2004 and Martin Crane's Crane have won as many playoff games as Tony Romo.

Dude just sucks.

Wow, they don't employ thugs. Pacman is the only one with that stigma. Tank, well we've all had something to hide from. T.O.

Get over it people, he's not done shit in 2 years now. And he's one of the best WRS.

More wins than Romo?

If I'm right, and please check this... I think Romo has only been starting for what? 2 years now.

How many playoff wins do new quarterbacks get in 2 years? Not many.

Big D is still bigger than most of the NFL.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #462 on: October 14, 2008, 02:07:33 PM »

Im glad Romo is out and his job is GONE

Brad Johnson is the grizzled, veteran leader we need and a guy who is ice water and won't make the DOH mistakes that Romo makes every single game.

some guys are winners like Tom Brady where things go right.

then u have losers like Tony Romo. I mean the fumbled snap on the FG. That is Romo in a nutshell. He is the true meaning of marshall's law cause when he is on the field in the big moments, what can go wrong ALWAYS seems to go wrong.

Also, Jason Garrett FUCKING SUCKS! Vanilla offense, no imagination, no putting WR's in different areas to free them up, how about a Wildcat offense with Felix and Marion the Barbarian in the backfield at the same time?

with Barber's power and Jones' speed, that would be the best single wing in the NFL and u see how its worked for Miami.

Garrett sucks, Phillips has no discipline and Romo is the ultimate loser.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #463 on: October 14, 2008, 02:14:54 PM »

I love how Dallas fans think Brad Johnson is going to be this great game manager for them.  It's not 2002, anymore.

The last time he played significantly, 2005-2006 for the Vikings, he turned the ball over via INTs & fumbles all the time.

And he's 40.    He simply does not have the arm anymore to get the ball accurately deep to TO when he beats defenders downfield.

Hopefully the line against STl will stay high this week and I can cash in before the Cowboys stop being high favorites.
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #464 on: October 14, 2008, 02:50:47 PM »

Breaking News: Pacman Jones suspended at least 4 games.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #465 on: October 14, 2008, 03:01:25 PM »

some guys are winners like Tom Brady where things go right.

...like referees' calls.  (lookin' at you, '01 and '03 AFC Championship game crews!)

Yeah...still bitter.  ok

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #466 on: October 14, 2008, 03:31:36 PM »

U guys may think I am crazy but Pacman being suspended, Romo getting hurt, its the BEST thing that could happen to us.

This will force our team to get dedicated, get serious, play hard and beat people's asses.

We have been underestimating everyone, believing the hype and press clippings. Now this adversity takes the pressure away and allows us to just play football and not worry about all the negativity in the press when we barely beat someone

U will see amazing things I guarantee it!

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #467 on: October 14, 2008, 03:38:17 PM »

U guys may think I am crazy but Pacman being suspended, Romo getting hurt, its the BEST thing that could happen to us.

This will force our team to get dedicated, get serious, play hard and beat people's asses.

We have been underestimating everyone, believing the hype and press clippings. Now this adversity takes the pressure away and allows us to just play football and not worry about all the negativity in the press when we barely beat someone

U will see amazing things I guarantee it!

Am I crazy in thinking you live in Tennessee?  Didn't realize "D" and "Big D" were one and the same.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #468 on: October 14, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »

I respect the optimism and agree the Boys definitely needed to do a 180deg shift in their attitude.

That aside, this does not help the ball club, short-term.

You don't lose your:
heart-of-the-offense star QB
game-breaker young RB/ST factor
top special teams contributor (Hurd)
only capable cornerback
punter who consistenly helps you win the field position battle
....and win too many ball games.

I see them dropping to 5-5, 6-4 if they're lucky, until Romo gets back to play in the 9ers game.

ETA: I still don't think Romo will ever take this team deep into the playoffs, but Brad Johnson will not get it done at all.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 03:47:53 PM by dankrass » Logged
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #469 on: October 14, 2008, 04:08:52 PM »

The Cowboys have supposedly offered the Lions a first-round draft pick for Roy Williams. I hope that doesn't happen, because T.O. and Roy Williams on the same team will be pretty daunting.

I hate Romo, and I think he's overrated, but he can do a lot of things that Brad Johnson can't. At least Romo is able to buy time in the pocket, escape from pressure, and make plays with his legs. Johnson will play like his feet are cemented into the ground. The Cowboys have been grossly underusing Felix Jones up to this point, but they'll still going to miss him. And the loss of Adam Jones only hurts their already under-performing defense.

They should be able to beat the Rams next week, but I think Dallas will probably lose to Tampa Bay and the Giants after that. And even if Romo is back in time for the Redskins, that game is in Washington, and Romo will probably be rusty . . . The Cowboys could very well be 5-5 in a few weeks. With that record, I don't think they'd be able to recover in time to even make the playoffs. Man, how awesome would that be?? Before the season started everyone automatically put the Cowboys in the Superbowl because they supposedly had no "competition" in the NFC.

Here Today . . .
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #470 on: October 14, 2008, 04:23:02 PM »

Cowboys have given a #2 in '09 and a #2 in '10 for Detroit WR Roy Williams.  Dallas gave a 1,3,6 in 2009 for Roy and a 7 in 2009.

Worst trade ever.

Apparently, a long term contract extension getting done is the only thing holding back the announcement (Williams would be a UFA after 2008 if a new deal wasn't made.)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 05:24:32 PM by dankrass » Logged
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #471 on: October 14, 2008, 05:05:22 PM »

Breaking News: Pacman Jones suspended at least 4 games.

GOOD! I hope he's out of the NFL forever but that probably won't happen. This thug will most likely be given another chance again!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #472 on: October 14, 2008, 06:18:40 PM »

Im from Kentucky and we have no pro teams, so Growing u as a kid, we'd always get Cowboy games and I latched on as a fan.  Been rooting for them since the Danny White, Tony Dorsett, Ed Too Tall Jones days.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #473 on: October 14, 2008, 06:24:46 PM »

Help is on the way. Super Bowl plans back on:

RVING, Texas (AP)?The Dallas Cowboys have acquired wide receiver Roy Williams from the Detroit Lions.

The Cowboys on Tuesday traded a first-round pick in 2009, plus a third- and sixth-rounder that year for Williams and a seventh-round pick in ?09.

Williams? best season was 2006, when he went to the Pro Bowl after catching 82 passes for 1,310 yards and seven touchdowns. He has 17 catches for 232 yards and a score this season for the winless Lions.

The fifth-year receiver was drafted in the first round by Detroit out of the University of Texas. He has 262 career catches for 3,884 yards with 29 touchdowns.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #474 on: October 14, 2008, 06:42:50 PM »

dankrass, I had to see that for myself to believe it.  Holy crap at first glance that looks like a terrible deal for the Cowboys!  The Lions without Matt Millen seem to know what the hell they are doing!  That's a first!  hihi

T.O., Roy Williams, Jason Witten...all these weapons to use, and the Cowboys now have a quarterback who can barely throw a ball 40 yards.   rofl  Oh man.  Seriously though, once Romo returns, and Felix (yes, under-utilized like I said in earlier posts), and Pacman return, this team will be in the playoffs and be quite strong.

D, if you thought the 'boys were vanilla before, get a load of the 'boys with Brad "the statue" Johnson in there.  Good luck!  Against the Rams this week, he may not look too bad as the Rams don't have a great pass-rush.  The Bucs and Giants are going to make Brad wish he was retired already.  hihi  Fortunately, after those 3 games, the Cowboys have a bye and should come back healthy in Week 11.

1-2 is expected for B.J. in his 3 week stint as starter.  2-1 is gravy...3-0 aint happening, and 0-3 would be disappointing.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #475 on: October 14, 2008, 06:55:21 PM »

We will beat STL and win ugly agains TB. I say we drop to the Giants though.

Here is why this Roy Williams deal is so huge.

We are in this to win right now. 1st,3rd and 6th is an anal raping. I would've tried for Anquain Boldin with that deal.

but anyhow

TO cannot catch any balls because we have NO 2nd WR. Crayton sucks.

so what this does is, teams can no longer double TO on every single play.  If they do, Roy Williams will be single covered and he will absolutely torch any 2nd CB in the league.

This also truly frees up Jason Witten even more than he already is.

having another weapon like Williams will also prevent teams from creeping their safeties up and stopping our run game.

Williams truly changes our team.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #476 on: October 14, 2008, 07:09:03 PM »

The Rams won't roll over at home this week.  It will be tough.

It's definitely a "win now" mentality for the Cowboys.  Sorry D, I'll be surprised if Tampa doesn't win against Brad and the 'boys even though it will be in Dallas. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #477 on: October 15, 2008, 09:59:26 AM »

D, I mostly agree with you on things, but I think you're a idiot on the Cowboys thing man.

Pacman issue was blown way out of it's area. We do get a 5th rounder though from the Titans now.

Romo has choked, the botched hold against Seattle pissed me off too dude. That was his first season in the league starting too... stuff happens.

Last year, if Crayton doesn't drop a TD and doesn't drop that 4th down catch we probably beat the Giants.

Romo is a 35 TD/15 INT guy, and that is fine with me. He's still young and good, he's learning still. Garrett isn't the best caller but he's good.

I'm frustrated too dude, but you are way too critical of this. We'll be okay, and we'll still win 12 games. I thought we would win 14 or 15 going in, but i was wrong.

3-4 D is good, considering our massive depth at LB.

Roy Williams is a excellent grab... good deal, he's only 27, and a former #7 overall. From a good Texas program. He'll blend in fine.

Brad Johnson is solid yes, but doesn't have the gun to make the big plays, we're basically a run first, west coast team now.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #478 on: October 15, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »

An idiot?

what the fuck

dude, our defense has 2 interceptions!!!!!!!!!!!

Do u know why? Cause we get ZERO pressure on the QB.

Demarcus Ware has 6 sacks, next highest total is Jay Ratliff with 3.

Defense is not physical. They've played 2 good games, The Browns who were without a healthy Braylon Edwards. He was still banged up and u see how shitty Cleveland have been for the most part outside of Monday Night.

Philly scored 37, Washington 26, Cincy 22, Arizona 31

so we hardly have a good defense. We can't dominate and physically shut people down.

Romo is a good fantasy player but he seems to always fumble, throw a pick ,drop a hold......... just something. Every game u see Tony Romo in, he does something completely retarded and boneheaded to cost the game.

The deep ball is the most overrated play in football. Dinking it here and there make it hard for the D because they still have to respect the deep ball, but Johnson will minimize mistkaes, manage the game and allow the running game to dominate. it also will force the defense to step up and get physical and to stop somebody.

Outside of the Cleveland game, Dallas haven't came close to playing a complete game of football.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #479 on: October 15, 2008, 05:21:11 PM »

Wow, they don't employ thugs.

It really seems to me that they do. You have Pacman, Tank Johnson, and T.O.

You also had Michael Irvin back in the nineties. Oh yeah, didn't they employee Deion Sanders at one time also? I'm sure I'm missing a few others but I think five examples makes it clear enough.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: