Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:18:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261788 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #420 on: October 04, 2008, 05:41:57 PM »

Rodgers looked really good out of the starting gate, then he fizzled out a bit and now the injury.

Poor GB fans have been on one hell of a roller coaster so far.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #421 on: October 05, 2008, 12:23:16 AM »

Rodgers looked really good out of the starting gate, then he fizzled out a bit and now the injury.

Poor GB fans have been on one hell of a roller coaster so far.
They have been, but the Packers are the youngest team in the NFL.  They have quite a bright future.  Brett Favre wasn't gonna play forever.  BUT, he did play EVERY game he was there.  The same can't be said for Rodgers.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #422 on: October 05, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »

Rodgers will be starting today. He won't be at 100% with the shoulder so I wonder what quarter they will pull him out of the game.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #423 on: October 06, 2008, 10:40:13 AM »

Aaron definitely showed that he was hurting for most of the game, but gutted it out and had a pretty nice performance.

Unfortunately, the Packers D was terrible early and despite tightening up considerably in the second half, were not able to fight all the way back.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #424 on: October 06, 2008, 05:52:27 PM »

I don't understand people in Philadelphia. They've never appreciated McNabb despite all the success he has brought them. Fans have always been calling for Garcia or Feeley or whoever is behind McNabb. Now, because the Eagles have lost back-to-back games, apparently Eagles fans are ready to get rid of both McNabb and Andy Reid and just blow the entire team up and start from scratch. Why the fuck would any rational person want to do something so ignorant and stupid? The Eagles have certainly put themselves in a hole by falling two games behind everybody in the insanely tough NFC East, but there's still a lot of football to be played, and I don't expect the Redskins to continue playing like they have thus far. McNabb is the greatest QB to ever play for the Eagles; Reid is the greatest coach the Eagles have ever had. I don't know all the RBs of the Eagles past, but I'd guess Westbrook is also one of the best they've ever had. You don't "blow up" a team with so much incredible talent.

The Eagles are at least going to win 6 of the next 7 games. (They play several cupcake teams like the Bengals, Seahawks, 49ers, and Falcons). They should finish with an 11-5 record; hopefully Westbrook can stop getting injured in every game. And Kevin Curtis will help energize the offense when he comes back in a couple weeks.

All these teams that have gotten off to slow starts, like the Eagles, Colts, and the Chargers, are still going to be standing come January. I mean, didn't the Lions jump out to like a 6-1 start last season (or something close to it?), yet they didn't win another game all season. The best teams emerge in the second half of the season; not the first.

Here Today . . .
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #425 on: October 06, 2008, 05:59:40 PM »

I for one am very happy McNabb lost again Sunday.  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #426 on: October 06, 2008, 07:00:41 PM »

I don't understand people in Philadelphia. They've never appreciated McNabb despite all the success he has brought them. Fans have always been calling for Garcia or Feeley or whoever is behind McNabb. Now, because the Eagles have lost back-to-back games, apparently Eagles fans are ready to get rid of both McNabb and Andy Reid and just blow the entire team up and start from scratch. Why the fuck would any rational person want to do something so ignorant and stupid? The Eagles have certainly put themselves in a hole by falling two games behind everybody in the insanely tough NFC East, but there's still a lot of football to be played, and I don't expect the Redskins to continue playing like they have thus far. McNabb is the greatest QB to ever play for the Eagles; Reid is the greatest coach the Eagles have ever had. I don't know all the RBs of the Eagles past, but I'd guess Westbrook is also one of the best they've ever had. You don't "blow up" a team with so much incredible talent.

The Eagles are at least going to win 6 of the next 7 games. (They play several cupcake teams like the Bengals, Seahawks, 49ers, and Falcons). They should finish with an 11-5 record; hopefully Westbrook can stop getting injured in every game. And Kevin Curtis will help energize the offense when he comes back in a couple weeks.

All these teams that have gotten off to slow starts, like the Eagles, Colts, and the Chargers, are still going to be standing come January. I mean, didn't the Lions jump out to like a 6-1 start last season (or something close to it?), yet they didn't win another game all season. The best teams emerge in the second half of the season; not the first.

what eagles fans are you talking about? where did you hear this?

i do think if the eagles lose to the 49ers, there will be some major changes.

the eagles have not made the playoffs in 2 of the last 3 seasons (two years ago it was only because of Garcia's heroics - he somehow lead the team to 5 straight victories at the end of the season, including 3 straight road games against our divison). IF they don't make it this year it would be 3 of 4. that's not really acceptable.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #427 on: October 06, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »

Gilee7 I hear ya man.  I agree whole-heartedly.  The selfish part of me though hopes they'd deal Donovan to Minnesota.  Wink

I will say the Eagles' play-calling was uninspired against Washington.  I expected a much better performance against a banged-up Redskins' defense.  I understand they had scored 2 quick touchdowns...but it seemed like they weren't going downfield enough.  I really didn't understand that.
p.s.:  massive props to B. Westbrook.  Playing through 2 broken ribs, that is just fucking insane!  His acceleration and change of direction agility on that 1st drive was just awesome to watch too.  When he's healthy, he's scary good.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #428 on: October 08, 2008, 01:31:46 PM »

The Chiefs are just dreadful. 127 yards of total offense, 50 of which came in the 4th quarter after Carolina pulled its  regulars. LJ: 7 rushes, 2 yards. How can a team be so bad? With youth you expect inconsistency, but not sub-professional play. They act like they don't care.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #429 on: October 08, 2008, 02:54:52 PM »

The Chiefs did beat the first place Broncos.  So I'd consider them a consistently bad team that still has enough talent to knock off any team if they overlook them.  Any Given Sunday.  Coming off a win over the Broncos, they weren't gonna be overlooked.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #430 on: October 08, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »

I'm sorry, Denver is pyrite...fool's gold. 

San Diego's defense (and L.T.) has been obliterated by injuries, and KC sucks.  Oakland's got potential...once Al Davis gets the fuck out...which aint gonna happen anytime soon.  The AFC West is good for one team in the playoffs in true 1 and done fashion.

The Titans are the real deal.  Right now, they are the best team in the AFC. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #431 on: October 08, 2008, 10:57:56 PM »

I'm sorry, Denver is pyrite...fool's gold. 

San Diego's defense (and L.T.) has been obliterated by injuries, and KC sucks.  Oakland's got potential...once Al Davis gets the fuck out...which aint gonna happen anytime soon.  The AFC West is good for one team in the playoffs in true 1 and done fashion.

The Titans are the real deal.  Right now, they are the best team in the AFC. 
Denver may not be the best team, but they are very well coached.  Their defense is quite dreadful right now.  I'd have to assume they'll battle the Chargers for the division.  My Pats get those two teams in back to back weeks coming up so I'll get a better read on them.  Denver always gives the Pats fits though.  Belichick is a huge fan of Shanahan's and he has trouble beating him.

I'm still not completely sold on the Titans.  They MAY be the best team in the AFC RIGHT NOW.  Not sure if that's saying much at this point.  The AFC is wide open, I don't think any team has separated from the pack at this point.  You had the big 3 last year (NE, Indy, SD).  This year it's anybody's guess.  The Titans have a really good defense and a solid running game, but their passing game is suspect.  I can't name 2 receivers on the team (well I can but you know what I mean).  Maybe that'll be enough though because there's no team in the conference that's solid all around.  I'd have to say the Giants are the best team in the NFL right now, and I'm kind of glad about that.  Makes the Patriots losing the Super Bowl last year a LITTLE easier to handle knowing they didn't just catch lightning in a bottle.  They're solid vs. the pass and the run, and they can run and throw the ball.  Can't ask for much more than that.  Although the Redskins have looked quite good after that bad week 1 performance.  I'd say they're #2 right now.  Still very early though.  A lot can happen between now and the stretch run.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #432 on: October 08, 2008, 11:54:08 PM »

Faldor ^ I agree.  Nice post.  It's hard to believe the AFC has gone down so hard...and yes, as hard as it is to admit it (because I honestly didn't think they'd make the playoffs before the season started) the Giants are the most complete team in the NFL. 

The Cowboys defense has been a huge let-down.  I'm not sold on Washington.  I really think Philly's better than Washington...by the way, the 4 strong teams of the NFC East worry me because if my Vikes have any chance of a playoff slot, we'll have to win at least 8 of our last 11 games.   nervous

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #433 on: October 09, 2008, 05:14:56 AM »

Well it looks like Adam "Pacman" Jones is in trouble again.

Cowboys' Pacman gets in fight with bodyguard at Dallas hotel
ESPN.com news services

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam Jones got into a fight with one of his security guards at a downtown Dallas hotel on Wednesday morning, according to Dallas police.

Dallas' CBS affiliate, Channel 11, first reported Wednesday that Jones was involved in an altercation at the Joule Hotel in Dallas, damaging a bathroom.

Dallas Deputy Chief Vince Golbeck told the Dallas Morning News police were called to the scene at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. Chief Golbeck told the News he thought Jones was staying at the hotel and may have been drinking.

There was no police report filed regarding the incident. No one was arrested and no one will be charged in connection with the fight.

"Someone from the business called police," Dallas police spokesman Cpl. Jerry Monreal told The Associated Press. "Police arrived and spoke to the parties after they had a verbal argument. Both parties agreed to leave, and they left."

Worrick Robinson, Jones' attorney, told ESPN's Ed Werder that he had a conversation with Jones on Wednesday about the alleged incident.

"I'm not satisfied anything has happened,'' Robinson said. "I perform due diligence on rumors anytime there is an allegation made against a player I represent, and at this point I can tell you that I'm not satisfied that anything occurred.''

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello had no comment. The Dallas Cowboys said they had no information about the incident and also had no comment.

A source told ESPN that NFL Security has been notified and is investigating.

It was apparently a coincidence that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell visited Cowboys players at their Valley Ranch training complex Wednesday. Goodell suspended Jones from the league for the entire 2007 season for violating the NFL player conduct policy.

Before meeting with the Cowboys on Wednesday, Goodell said to reporters in San Antonio: "Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making sure that he makes good choices going forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself, the Cowboys or the NFL. So far he seems to have been able to do that very effectively.

"I am supportive of him and am hopeful that he will be able to do that for the rest of his life. I am hoping he will not only be a great NFL player but he will continue to do the right things so he can lead a productive life off the field as well."

The Cowboys acquired him from the Tennessee Titans in a historic trade in April. Jones became the first player in NFL history to be traded while serving a suspension.

The expectation is that Jones is likely to be called to New York to explain his conduct to Goodell, a source close to the player said. Jones' reinstatement is contingent upon his ability to conduct himself appropriately.

Deion Sanders, who has acted as a mentor for Adam Jones since his arrival in Dallas, was also at Valley Ranch on Wednesday, ESPN.com's Matt Mosley reported.

Compounding the potential consequences for the Cowboys is that Jones has been starting at left cornerback for Pro Bowler Terence Newman, who is attempting to confirm a preliminary diagnosis of a sports hernia injury that could sideline him for a minimum of six weeks if surgery is required.

In a sitdown interview with ESPN just before the start of the NFL season, Jones explained his decision to provide Jones with a four-man security detail at the team's expense.

"We have in place a staff here that really is good at monitoring what our players do," the Cowboys owner said. "Now I say this at the risk of knowing that in the next minute or in the morning I could get a phone call. ...When you're dealing with the numbers of people that we're dealing with and get some news that isn't too savory. On the other hand, this does call for an awareness on the part of any player that he is being monitored and the reputation of our team is at stake."

In his two decades of owning the Cowboys, Jones has established a reputation for taking risks on players who fit a specific profile. Jones says they must have a uniquely big work ethic, an intensely competitive personality and no history of substance abuse.

Before completing the trade, Jerry Jones told ESPN he sent investigators to Tennessee to research every incident in which Adam had been accused of wrongdoing and was so thorough in his background check that he and an assistant personally looked into every person to whom Jones wrote a personal check to determine the quality of people with whom he was associating.

Jerry Jones said he specifically informed Adam Jones he had lost most of his benefit of the doubt and underscored the privilege of playing in the NFL and wearing the Cowboys uniform.

"When we do have a player come to the Dallas Cowboys," Jones said, "I really do expect him to understand that, 'Look you've stepped on some bright lines you may even have gone over them certainly, and we've got to really get it back in the middle because all your benefit of the doubt is gone.'"

ESPN.com's Ed Werder and Matt Mosley contributed to this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3633432
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #434 on: October 09, 2008, 02:56:43 PM »

The Titans are definitely the best team in the AFC at this point. They have a very good defense and a very good running game. Kerry Collins is a better QB than Vince Young and can do a better job of managing the game without making any big mistakes. But if I had to pick an AFC representative in the Superbowl right now, I'd still go with the Colts. Once all their guys come back from injuries, they'll be the Colts we're used to seeing. I think it's quite possible we could end up with an Eli vs. Peyton Superbowl this year.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Rams pull off a huge upset against the Redskins this week. I'm still not sold on the Redskins; I think they're major overachievers. They haven't lost since week one, and they're coming off two hard-fought, emotional wins against two division rivals, whereas the Rams are coming off a week of rest. To me, this just seems like one of those games where the favorite comes out flat, thinking they've won just by showing up, and the underdog pulls a fast one on them.

I wouldn't be surprised either if the Cardinals beat the Cowboys, especially with the way the Cowboys have played the last two weeks.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #435 on: October 09, 2008, 07:39:44 PM »

Not that I'm a betting man, but...if I was...I'd actually like the Cowboys -4 1/2 at Arizona.  I'd also like St. Louis plus 13 1/2.  The players will rally around Bulger with Linehan gone.

Jags +3 1/2 at Denver.
Eagles -5 at San Fran.

I totally agree with Gilee's read on the Rams-Redskins game. 

Eli-Peyton Super Bowl?  I don't see it.  If Roethlisberger can get some protection, and if Westbrook can stay healthy, Ben vs. Donovan is my post-Week 5 prediction.  Kinda wacky I know.  hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #436 on: October 09, 2008, 09:59:21 PM »

1. Kerry Collins is not better than Vince Young. How quickly we forget how Vince led them to the playoffs last year with no offense to speak of. Collins hardly played like a great QB last week. He has one good drive in the 4th quarter but was HORRID the rest of the game.

Rams aren't gonna beat Washington unless they signed an upgraded their roster over the bye week.

They have so many injuries and they  just aren't good. Clinton Portis will run wild. The Skins are in the most competitive division in football. no way they overlook an easy "W"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #437 on: October 09, 2008, 10:56:17 PM »

Kerry Collins is a better option than VY right now for many reasons, first and foremost his mental stability.  VY's NFL career has been sub-par and his situational numbers bear out the fact VY's performance in the 4th quarter of close games is sub-par.

I don't see the Rams winning, but they'll scare the 'skins...similar to the scare the Bengals gave the Giants a couple weeks ago.   Wink

PS!  One more tip!  bet the Pats!  They'll easily cover.  The Bolts' D sucks without Merriman and Chambers is out...and now today Vincent Jackson tweaked a knee.  Pats win big.  Wink
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:17:48 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #438 on: October 09, 2008, 11:55:44 PM »

Kerry Collins is a better option than VY right now for many reasons, first and foremost his mental stability.  VY's NFL career has been sub-par and his situational numbers bear out the fact VY's performance in the 4th quarter of close games is sub-par.

I don't see the Rams winning, but they'll scare the 'skins...similar to the scare the Bengals gave the Giants a couple weeks ago.   Wink

PS!  One more tip!  bet the Pats!  They'll easily cover.  The Bolts' D sucks without Merriman and Chambers is out...and now today Vincent Jackson tweaked a knee.  Pats win big.  Wink
Axl4Prez, I don't like when you bet the Pats.  Didn't you wager on them last February?  That didn't work out too well. 

I hope you're right.  The Chargers are banged up, and the Pats have some confidence back.  BUT they often say, the team that needs the game more wins.  And I think we'd all agree the Chargers need this game more than the Pats.  Not saying that alone will lead them to victory, but they're desparate.  But they are also quite banged up and their offense has slipped the last couple of weeks.  The Pats defense played better last week, but let's be honest, the 49er's aren't all that prolific.  I didn't hear about V-Jax, I'll have to check that out.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #439 on: October 10, 2008, 01:00:42 AM »

SD cost me big money last week.

i had a 100 dollar parlay with 10 teams and guess what? Everybody hit but freakin SD!!!!!!!!!!
if they win I would've hit 1500! rant rant

2nd time this has happened. NE cost me similiar money when THEY lost to Miami. Needless to say, I'll never bet against Miami again.

I won 1k last week betting though.

I played money line and hit on:
Florida,Alabama,Oklahoma, 4 EliteXc Fights, Penn St, BYU and Dallas.

I have several parlays this week:

on one, I took just Dallas and Philadelphia, MOney line straight up. 250 to win 200

I figure there is no way Philly  lose 3 straight.

On another I have washington and NYGiants.

Then I have my NFC East parlay special, Dal,Wash,NYG,Philly

Then I have one with an assortment of favorites I hope don't get beat.

So its gonna be interesting.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: