Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:21:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261923 times)
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2008, 05:16:20 AM »

Annoying Patriots fans?? How dare you lump us all into that category!

Honestly tho, don't know what you mean, I havn't seen really anyone going nuts about the patriots in this thread at all, all i've seen is people rejoising in harmony when they lose a game  Roll Eyes

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2008, 10:21:09 AM »

Annoying Patriots fans?? How dare you lump us all into that category!

Honestly tho, don't know what you mean, I havn't seen really anyone going nuts about the patriots in this thread at all, all i've seen is people rejoising in harmony when they lose a game  Roll Eyes

Check the 2007 thread.  hihi 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2008, 10:58:38 AM »

The Pats did look terrible yesterday, that's for sure.  The defense was god awful.  Offense was bad as well.  Belichick was completely outcoached yesterday.  Great gameplan by the Dolphins, and lack of adjustments by the Pats.  It was painfully obvious the short stuff wasn't working yesterday and they refused to open it up.  Just like in the Super Bowl last year when they refused to change the game plan until the last drive when it was too late.  Not to say the game would've been different, but that in the grasp call was a dagger.  Cassel escaped and ran in for a TD, only to get it called back and then he threw an INT in the endzone on the next play.  And I believe the Dolphins turned that into a TD, so that was a 14 point swing right there.

The Pats have had trouble with the Fish in the past, but I don't think anyone expected them to lose this one.  They've got some serious work to do heading into their bye week.  Couldn't have come at a better time.  I thought they might have a letdown this week.  They had an emotional victory last week on the road against the Jets when many counted them out.  They won that game quite easily and all of a sudden people thought they were back.  Maybe they got too comfortable and overlooked the Dolphins.  You can't do that in the NFL.  The same thing happened back in 2002 when Brady took over for Bledsoe, the Pats blew out the Colts in Brady's first start.  Then the next week they lost to the Dolphins, although that Dolphins team was a lot better than this one.  I'm not gonna jump ship yet, but yesterday was not promising.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2008, 12:55:03 PM »

That's the kind of performance I thought the Pats would have last week against the Jets. Man, that was so awesome though, seeing the Pats get blown out by a team that went 1-15 last year.

Somebody on here said the Pats are a lock for the playoffs, which I hugely disagree with.  Not only are they without Brady, they're without Randy Moss, too, because this made two weeks in a row he was hardly involved. Their offense no longer scares teams, and their defense isn't what it used to be.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2008, 01:32:22 PM »

Belicheck should have his ass on the phone to Daunte Culpepper.

Matt Cassel is garbage.

NE are not making the playoffs with him at QB.

People are not even looking at the fact that NE beat KC *barely* and u see how horrible KC are. They beat a Jets team that choked and had their dumbass coach lose the game by not throwing a playaction pass on the goalline.

Then u get thumped by Miami.  Maroney was out, but their defense looks old and slow like they are.

Does anyone see Denver or Buffalo losing next week?

Denver is at KC   Buffalo are at St Louis.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2008, 03:42:11 PM »

^ i was thinking the other day about the pats getting daunte but apparently he retired.

that would be pretty cool tho, seeing him reunited with moss.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2008, 04:48:53 PM »

Did anyone ever stop to think there's probably a reason Culpepper is still out there. Nobody was interested.  There are plenty of teams that could've used qb help going into the season. Culpepper's phone didn't ring.  Minnesota never called, KC hasn't called.  Even if you could convince me that he'd be a better fit than Cassel, he's not gonna come in and pick up the offense right away and play like he did in his prime.  That's asking a lot.  Brett Favre is still getting used to a new system and it's been over a month now.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2008, 05:06:36 PM »

Miami beats NE.... Pennington really must have had one hell of a week between games- he was on fire today.

Ronnie Brown had a huge day with four rushing touchdowns and threw for another touchdown! Ronnie had the big day!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2008, 05:08:17 PM »

Who do u guys have in the Monday Night game?

SD has to win right?

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »

Who do u guys have in the Monday Night game?

SD has to win right?

I hope Brett Farve and the Jets win, but I have a feeling San Diego will show up ready to play tonight and win.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2008, 05:25:37 PM »

SD are 0-2 at home....... no chance

Im thinking of putting a little dough on the SD Chargers.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2008, 07:07:27 PM »

Wow, I don't know what the line is on the Chargers game...yes the Chargers are desperate, but I just don't know about this game.  Betting against Brett Favre...I don't know man.   nervous

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #372 on: September 22, 2008, 07:14:41 PM »

Either way its a must win for SD. They can't go down 0-3.
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #373 on: September 22, 2008, 07:16:07 PM »

I'm glad to hear that Westbrook's injury isn't serious. Right now he's day-to-day, and I doubt he'll play much, if at all, against the Bears next week, but I doubt he'll miss more than one game. As an Eagles fan, that was a very scary moment yesterday when Kevin Kolb was behind center and Buckhalter was in the backfield. I was like "oh no, not again!"

That Philly/Pittsburgh game was a real "slobberknocker," though. I imagine all the players from that game had a hard time getting out of bed this morning.

Here Today . . .
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2008, 07:16:54 PM »

That's the kind of performance I thought the Pats would have last week against the Jets. Man, that was so awesome though, seeing the Pats get blown out by a team that went 1-15 last year.

Somebody on here said the Pats are a lock for the playoffs, which I hugely disagree with.  Not only are they without Brady, they're without Randy Moss, too, because this made two weeks in a row he was hardly involved. Their offense no longer scares teams, and their defense isn't what it used to be.
well you'll see that i'm right about them being a lock for the playoffs at the end of the year when they are in, and even though Moss hasn't cuaght many passes for hardly any yards, he is still a big part of the offense as he opens things up for the other wideouts. Plus, it's not like they are just going to open up the playbook right now with Cassel only having 2 starts now under his belt, i guarantee you down the road the playcalling will get less conservative and they will start taking shots down the field.

Do you honestly expect them to just throw the entire playbook at this kid who hadn't started a game since high school? I hate the week-to-week bs, it's like you hear the analystst praising Cassel and saying "oh we were wrong about the preseason, this kid looks really good" and now with one bad game.. or mediocre not necessarily bad as expectations shouldn't be too high this early.. after one game people want to write him off as a crap quarterback.

Sorry, but i trust Bill over the analysts or what any of your opinions are, if he thought that Cassel had no shot or no talent then he woudln't be the quarterback for the taem right now. It's that simple. Write the Patriots off if you want, they've had horrible games before, but don't cry when at the end of the year they are in the playoffs and i'm laughing at your ass's  ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #375 on: September 22, 2008, 07:39:10 PM »

Bill Bellicheck is stubborn. Even he can't win with a QB who can't throw the ball 20 yards in the air.

D is old and slow.

Buffalo are 3-0 and have a cupcake game against the Rams coming up.

NE are gonna get the best shot from everyone for payback and their team just isn't good this season.

They are just lucky they are in a shit division cause otherwise they'd have no shot.

I've never seen a more heartless display than what they put on yesterday.

if u are wondering why I am pissed.

NE were my Stone Cold lock and I could've hit some big dollars had they won.

DAMN IT!

I think wagering a little coin on the moneyline for SD tonight is a good bet.

Jets have to travel all the way to SD. Its very hard traveling cross country etc. SD are gonna be pissed off and fired up from getting their asses ripped by Hochuli.

Favre will throw at least one pick 6 tonight.

antonio Cromartie is due.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #376 on: September 22, 2008, 07:56:52 PM »

Damn D, -8 1/2 for the Chargers.  People have actually been betting Jets more since it opened at -9.  That's a lot of points for a team that's 0-2.

I am not scared about putting money on San Diego's offense...it's their defense that would scare the hell outta me!
 nervous

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2008, 08:00:08 PM »

well you'll see that i'm right about them being a lock for the playoffs at the end of the year when they are in, and even though Moss hasn't cuaght many passes for hardly any yards, he is still a big part of the offense as he opens things up for the other wideouts. Plus, it's not like they are just going to open up the playbook right now with Cassel only having 2 starts now under his belt, i guarantee you down the road the playcalling will get less conservative and they will start taking shots down the field.

Do you honestly expect them to just throw the entire playbook at this kid who hadn't started a game since high school? I hate the week-to-week bs, it's like you hear the analystst praising Cassel and saying "oh we were wrong about the preseason, this kid looks really good" and now with one bad game.. or mediocre not necessarily bad as expectations shouldn't be too high this early.. after one game people want to write him off as a crap quarterback.

Sorry, but i trust Bill over the analysts or what any of your opinions are, if he thought that Cassel had no shot or no talent then he woudln't be the quarterback for the taem right now. It's that simple. Write the Patriots off if you want, they've had horrible games before, but don't cry when at the end of the year they are in the playoffs and i'm laughing at your ass's  ok

D made a good point bringing up the KC game from week one. The Patriots needed a goal line stand to win that game, and the Chiefs have since proven that they're one of the three worst teams this season (Lions and Rams are the other two). The Jets game, in my opinion, was an aberration. I doubt New England is as bad as they looked this past Sunday, but there's no way this team makes the playoffs. Right now the Broncos, Bills, and Titans are all 3-0 and leading their respective divisions. I doubt many people expected that. And some of the teams that have struggled so far, like the Chargers, Colts, and Jaguars, are all much better than the Patriots and will more likely rebound and make the playoffs. I also think the Jets will finish with a better record than New England once Favre learns more of the system and Mangini opens up the play-calling.

So I see the Bills, Steelers, Titans, Broncos, Colts, Jaguars, Chargers, Jets all finishing with better records than the Patriots, and only six teams make the playoffs.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #378 on: September 22, 2008, 08:03:26 PM »

No No Axl4prez, I am taking the money line which means the Chargers just have to win the game.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #379 on: September 22, 2008, 08:09:20 PM »

No No Axl4prez, I am taking the money line which means the Chargers just have to win the game.
That seems a safe bet. Even as a Jet fan i don't see them winning this one.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: