Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:13:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261537 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #260 on: September 07, 2008, 08:40:49 PM »

Happy to see Brett Favre win today.  ok

Me too.

Former Ravens QB and Super Bowl champion Trent Dilfer is reporting that Brady is done for the year.

I was giggling like a schoolgirl when Brady went down.

I can't say i am thrilled he's seriously hurt that would be mean no matter how much i dislike him, but on the other hand i can't say i'm disappointed he is probably done for the year.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2008, 09:01:52 PM »

No so fast Prez

what if God forbid Brady got injured?

They didnt make the playoffs that one year after the SB.  Their Defense is gonna be a HUGE question mark. Old LB, not Asante Samuel, Harrison is a year older.

Sometimes, I even scare myself with my foresight nervous nervous nervous

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2008, 09:09:34 PM »

No so fast Prez

what if God forbid Brady got injured?

They didnt make the playoffs that one year after the SB.  Their Defense is gonna be a HUGE question mark. Old LB, not Asante Samuel, Harrison is a year older.

Sometimes, I even scare myself with my foresight nervous nervous nervous

Good guess dude. I think without Brady that team is an average aging team.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #263 on: September 07, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

Me too.

Former Ravens QB and Super Bowl champion Trent Dilfer is reporting that Brady is done for the year.

I can't say i am thrilled he's seriously hurt that would be mean no matter how much i dislike him, but on the other hand i can't say i'm disappointed he is probably done for the year.

He can stay home and count his money.

Maybe call some of his hot girlfriends to come over for tea.

Nah, I don't feel sorry for him at all.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2008, 09:44:07 PM »

Well, Brady is injured. Hopefully the football gods are with brady and the MRI will say something different than whats being reported.

If he is gone for the year that puts the teams superbowl hopes in serious doubt. I still think with the easy schedule, we can still be a play-off team without Brady. It does put the Jets in great position but I still think the patriots can make it to the play-offs this year. The players will rally around this and use it for motivation. Were just going to rely more on the defense and the running game. The secondary is questionable but we've played with a patch-work secondary in the past with success. The front 3 are very talented and the linebacking corp is aging but has some youngness in Mayo and Thomas and great veteran leadership. Moss is still great and hopefully we can get Cassel to manage the game for us.

It could very well be a tough year for the patriots. But right now, with the easy schedule they have, I believe without Tom Brady the New England Patriots can make it to the play-offs. Hell, maybe we get lucky and Brady's injury has him out for the season but back in time for the play-offs. I'd rather be really lucky and brady is back in a week or two but I'll take what i can get. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2008, 09:49:49 PM »

Well, Brady is injured. Hopefully the football gods are with brady and the MRI will say something different than whats being reported.

If he is gone for the year that puts the teams superbowl hopes in serious doubt. I still think with the easy schedule, we can still be a play-off team without Brady. It does put the Jets in great position but I still think the patriots can make it to the play-offs this year. The players will rally around this and use it for motivation. Were just going to rely more on the defense and the running game. The secondary is questionable but we've played with a patch-work secondary in the past with success. The front 3 are very talented and the linebacking corp is aging but has some youngness in Mayo and Thomas and great veteran leadership. Moss is still great and hopefully we can get Cassel to manage the game for us.

It could very well be a tough year for the patriots. But right now, with the easy schedule they have, I believe without Tom Brady the New England Patriots can make it to the play-offs. Hell, maybe we get lucky and Brady's injury has him out for the season but back in time for the play-offs. I'd rather be really lucky and brady is back in a week or two but I'll take what i can get. smoking

I don't think i could be as optimistic as you if i were in your position.  Grin
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2008, 11:08:21 PM »

BRADY IS DONE FOR THE SEASON!!

tore his ACL, holy shit!

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2008, 11:13:36 PM »

BRADY IS DONE FOR THE SEASON!!

tore his ACL, holy shit!

Brutal.

Anybody have him in a fantasy money league?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #268 on: September 08, 2008, 08:26:41 AM »

What happened to the Colts last night? Huh Peyton Manning looked like he was lost.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2008, 10:39:44 AM »

Me too.

He can stay home and count his money.

Maybe call some of his hot girlfriends to come over for tea.

Nah, I don't feel sorry for him at all.
Oh how far we've come.  Jealous fans are now wishing harm on our players and cheering season ending injuries.  You know you've made it big when that's the case.  I don't remember other teams fans being so excited back when Mo Lewis knocked out Drew Bledsoe.  That turned out alright for the Pats in the long run.  Am I saying it's gonna happen again?  I'm not that crazy.  But the Patriots are still loaded with talent.  They have great WR's and 3 very capable RB's.  Their defense is solid.  We'll see what Cassell can do.  I'm assuming there's a reason Belichick kept him around for 4 years, we'll find out why starting next week.  The guy hasn't started a game since high school, as he backed up both Palmer and Leinart at USC, so he's certainly SEEN a lot of good quarterback play over the last 8 years.  At the very least, this lays the groundwork for a story book season, it's just a question of what kind of ending is in store.

It was tough being at the game yesterday.  I didn't really notice Brady go down at first, I was more focussed on Randy Moss fumbling the ball.  That kind of took the air out of the stadium.  One girl sitting in front of us was listening to the game on the radio and she gave us updates, which weren't positive.  We tried our best to get the crowd going in our section, it didn't work too well at first.  Patriot fans are spoiled and they just expect greatness, we're gonna have to work a little extra hard for it this year.  By the end of the game the crowd got into it, but we needed to rally around Cassell right away.  Come on Pats fans!!!  Tom Brady is NOT walking through that door!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #270 on: September 08, 2008, 12:05:23 PM »

What happened to the Colts last night? Huh Peyton Manning looked like he was lost.

When you miss the entire preseason and the Center you've had for years, it's bound to cause havoc on an offensive game plan.  The receivers seemed good, but Manning was rusty.   Add to that a good Chicago D, and you've got a pretty good chance for a beating. 

I was also impressed with the Bears' new RB.  With a good ground game, proficient (though unremarkable) passing game, strong D, and dynamic special teams, I think they might be contenders, again...especially now that Favre is gone.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2008, 04:47:56 PM »

Patriot fans are spoiled and they just expect greatness

Yes, yes you are.

And you wonder why everyone else is jumping for joy?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2008, 05:11:27 PM »

For so long the AFC has been the superior conference, but, judging by week one, the NFC has not only caught up with the AFC, they appear BETTER than the AFC. In one play, the Patriots go from Superbowl favorite to a team that probably won't make the playoffs; the Colts lose to the Bears; the Chargers lose a Carolina Panthers team that was without Steve Smith; the Jags lose to the Titans (I must hugely underestimate that Titans' D, because I fail to see how they keep winning with Vince Young at QB). The only preseason favorite from the AFC that looks like a legitimate contender right now is the Steelers. The Bills also looked impressive in week one.

I'm surprised the Colts struggled as they did last night. Once Peyton gets back into the groove, I fully expect them to be the favorites in the AFC.

The NFC is much more exciting this season, I think. You've got everybody's Superbowl pick, the Cowboys; the defending champion Giants; the Eagles, who are poised to return to the top of the NFC; the Saints (Brees is my pick for MVP this year); the Bucs, who looked much better than I thought they'd be; the Panthers; the Bears. And then we've still got the Packers and the Vikings tonight, and both of those teams could be very good, particulary the Vikings. With the exception of the putrid NFC West, the NFC has a lot of teams that I could see making some serious noise this year. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch it all unfold.

And man, I can't wait until next Monday night: Eagles vs. Cowboys!!!!

Here Today . . .
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2008, 05:32:52 PM »

The Bills also looked impressive in week one.

Exactly. Week One.

The entire NFL did not suddenly change because of one week of football. Though, the patriots sure did. However,  alot of things can happen as the season goes on. It is way too early to say that everything changed because of the results for the first week of football. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #274 on: September 08, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »

U know what I always find hilarious?

Idiot sport pundits.

When Miami traded Jason Taylor to Washington u had these morons going on about "How can U trade your best defensive player?" You were 1-15 last year and now u are getting rid of Jason Taylor.........

UH, u went 1-15 with him, couldn't do worse without him. Just dumb shit.

A team will have like the worst defense in the league and u will hear these idiots going on how "They were last in run defense last season AND they lost 6 starters"

Well considering they were last in the league with those 6 starters, I'm sure thats a great thing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2008, 11:38:13 PM »

The Bills also looked impressive in week one.

Exactly. Week One.

The entire NFL did not suddenly change because of one week of football. Though, the patriots sure did. However,  alot of things can happen as the season goes on. It is way too early to say that everything changed because of the results for the first week of football. smoking
Yeah I wouldn't get too wrapped up in week one results.  But I do think the gap between the AFC and NFC has been eliminated.  We're on an equal playing field now.  Don't count the Patriots out just yet.  This team will get better as the season goes along.  Their defense should be solid with a great defensive line and solid linebacking corps.  As long as they can get consistent pressure on the quarterback their young secondary will be fine too.  They still have more weapons than most teams on offense.  There are a number of teams out there with unproven quarterbacks that have Super Bowl aspirations.  I'm not so sure why people just are proclaiming season over for the Pats.  Maybe it's just the initial shock.  I'll admit during the preseason I said if Brady ever got hurt the Pats would be in major trouble.  Now it's happened, and now I've had a change of heart.  Maybe I have no other choice, but seriously, there's way too much talent and pride on this team for them just to crumble and pack it in for the rest of the season.  I sure hope the rest of the league underestimates the Pats though, they could be in for a surprise.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2008, 11:44:45 PM »

Yes, yes you are.

At least New England fans are true sports fans.  I've been to games in LA, give me a break.  Get to the game late, leave early to beat traffic.  It's more of a status symbol than to actually care about the game itself.  Still smarting from the Celtics wiping the floor with your Lakers I see.  At least we could bring a smile to your face yesterday.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #277 on: September 09, 2008, 12:09:56 AM »

Yes, yes you are.

At least New England fans are true sports fans.  I've been to games in LA, give me a break.  Get to the game late, leave early to beat traffic.  It's more of a status symbol than to actually care about the game itself.  Still smarting from the Celtics wiping the floor with your Lakers I see.  At least we could bring a smile to your face yesterday.

Hahahahaha, when the man has no ammunition he resorts to using the same old stereotypical "no one in LA cares about sports schtick."   That's OK dude, it doesn't worry me at all.  I've never seen an empty Staples Center for a Laker game, but I do remember seeing a lot of empty yellow and black seats the last 12 years at Fleet...uhh...TD Banknorth.

The Red Sox are celebrating selling out the smallest ballpark for 5 years.  The Dodgers get 3 million through the turnstiles during a losing season.  So I think L.A. sports fans are just fine.  We're used to greatness from our teams so we don't flaunt it.

You are the typical New England sports fan.  We won't be hearing from you guys so much this year, and I'm glad.  Cocky motherfuckers.

And no, I'm OK with the Lakers losing.  I said right after they lost that they didn't deserve to win.  Why would I cry about a lesser team losing?  That's what is supposed to happen.  But thanks for trying to "hurt" me, says a lot about you Mr. Chowder Chomper.

P.S.  You said yourself that everyone at Foxboro sat on their hands after Brady went down.  Great behavior from the fanbase.  Especially fans of the most dominant team of the decade.  Good job!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #278 on: September 09, 2008, 12:34:28 AM »

Yes, yes you are.

Hahahahaha, when the man has no ammunition he resorts to using the same old stereotypical "no one in LA cares about sports schtick."   That's OK dude, it doesn't worry me at all.  I've never seen an empty Staples Center for a Laker game, but I do remember seeing a lot of empty yellow and black seats the last 12 years at Fleet...uhh...TD Banknorth.

The Red Sox are celebrating selling out the smallest ballpark for 5 years.  The Dodgers get 3 million through the turnstiles during a losing season.  So I think L.A. sports fans are just fine.  We're used to greatness from our teams so we don't flaunt it.

You are the typical New England sports fan.  We won't be hearing from you guys so much this year, and I'm glad.  Cocky motherfuckers.

And no, I'm OK with the Lakers losing.  I said right after they lost that they didn't deserve to win.  Why would I cry about a lesser team losing?  That's what is supposed to happen.  But thanks for trying to "hurt" me, says a lot about you Mr. Chowder Chomper.

P.S.  You said yourself that everyone at Foxboro sat on their hands after Brady went down.  Great behavior from the fanbase.  Especially fans of the most dominant team of the decade.  Good job!
Oh you'll be hearing from me, don't you worry.  I'm not going anywhere.  Yeah, I'm hoping the fans were just in shock after Brady went down.  Now that we know he won't be back, I'm hoping we'll rally around Cassell. 

I see you've resorted to name calling, that's classy.  You know nothing about me, I am the furthest thing from a "cocky motherfucker" as you so eloquently put it.  But if you want to label me, feel free. 

Anyhow, keep pronouncing the Patriots dead.  It's funny how for the first 3 years or so everyone talked about Tom Brady being a system quarterback, a dink and dunk passer, and how anyone could succeed in that role.  Now he's the whole team.  I fully admit he's among the best in the game, if not THE best, but there's still plenty of talent on the roster.  There have been far worse teams that have succeeded in the NFL.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2008, 12:51:44 AM »

Yes, yes you are.

Oh you'll be hearing from me, don't you worry.  I'm not going anywhere.  Yeah, I'm hoping the fans were just in shock after Brady went down.  Now that we know he won't be back, I'm hoping we'll rally around Cassell. 

I see you've resorted to name calling, that's classy.  You know nothing about me, I am the furthest thing from a "cocky motherfucker" as you so eloquently put it.  But if you want to label me, feel free. 

Anyhow, keep pronouncing the Patriots dead.  It's funny how for the first 3 years or so everyone talked about Tom Brady being a system quarterback, a dink and dunk passer, and how anyone could succeed in that role.  Now he's the whole team.  I fully admit he's among the best in the game, if not THE best, but there's still plenty of talent on the roster.  There have been far worse teams that have succeeded in the NFL.

Cocky motherfuckerS.  There was an S there buddy boy.  You're actually quite tolerable compared to the rest of the fanbase.  I know nothing about you, nor do I care to know anything about you.  A bit cocky of you to say that though.  Wink

Anyway,  can anyone fill me in on why a lot of teams wore white at home yesterday?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: