Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:12:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261512 times)
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2008, 01:26:50 PM »

gilee7, great post!  I've made a lot of the same points over the last couple years.  Watch out, there's a lot of anti-McNabb sentiment 'round here.  He is incredibly under-appreciated.  His stats for the 1st 9 years of his career all with horseshit receivers (except for having TO for a season) are amazing.

I am glad Sandman sees the hope in '08...again, it does all depend on McNabb and Westbrook staying healthy.
 beer
They both looked pretty good tonight against the Pats.  Although you have to take into consideration how BAD the Pats have looked their last 2 pre-season games.  I haven't seen such bad football from New England since pre-Bledsoe.  I know it's only pre-season and it really doesn't matter all that much but their defense is gettin absolutely no pressure on the quarterback, they're giving up lengthy drives on a regular basis, and plenty of big plays.  Their special teams look anything but special, maybe specially challenged.  Their offensive line can't protect the quarterbacks or open holes for RB's.  Other than that they've been great.  Kicking game is looking good. 

So you think the Chiefs have a shot at beating them? I doubt it. If the Chiefs had an offense that could exploit and old and slow defense and porous secondary then I could see it, but Croyle can't QB and they have only an aging Gonzalez and  one young gun, Bowe. The Chiefs usually are good for one drive per game, and that ain't gonna get it done.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
sandman
Legend

« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2008, 02:13:29 PM »

as an eagles fan, i'm feeling damn good today! skins looked horrible. giants looked ok, but nothing special.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2008, 04:01:16 PM »

as an eagles fan, i'm feeling damn good today! skins looked horrible. giants looked ok, but nothing special.

Sandman, what should make you feel even better as an Eagles' fan was watching the 'skins get hurt.  Smoot's replacement at corner was a 7th round draft pick or something like that.  LaRon Landry got steam-rolled in what to me was the play of the game!  As a McNabb fan, I'm happy because it will make the secondary that much easier to attack.
 yes

The Chiefs have about a 1-2% shot of winning against the Pats. 

...and once again I agree with Gilee.  Campbell's not a bad talent.  He had very poor protection last night and not much was coming from the running game.  The play-calling was atrocious.  The highlights for Campbell included the nice crisp td pass to Santana Moss, and the perfect pass to James Trash that should have been a td bomb, who of course dropped it (surprise, surprise).  It was also some of the worst clock management I've ever seen.  No desperation.  No no-huddle.  Redskins' fans should be angry because as many yards as the defense gave up, they still held the Giants to field goals in the red zone.  The offense sputtered.  The o-line and coaches should take the heat for this ugly loss.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2008, 04:57:23 PM »

J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS!

Let's have some tuna on Sunday!  (The team and Parcells.)

Yes, Prez's cheesiness has rubbed off on me!  Grin

I would be a natural fit at ESPN, coming up with cornball headlines.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2008, 05:35:42 PM »

J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS!

In a very short amount of time your chant will change too...

JETS JETS JETS

Just

End

This

Season.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2008, 09:05:09 PM »

gilee7, great post!  I've made a lot of the same points over the last couple years.  Watch out, there's a lot of anti-McNabb sentiment 'round here.  He is incredibly under-appreciated.  His stats for the 1st 9 years of his career all with horseshit receivers (except for having TO for a season) are amazing.

I am glad Sandman sees the hope in '08...again, it does all depend on McNabb and Westbrook staying healthy.
 beer
They both looked pretty good tonight against the Pats.  Although you have to take into consideration how BAD the Pats have looked their last 2 pre-season games.  I haven't seen such bad football from New England since pre-Bledsoe.  I know it's only pre-season and it really doesn't matter all that much but their defense is gettin absolutely no pressure on the quarterback, they're giving up lengthy drives on a regular basis, and plenty of big plays.  Their special teams look anything but special, maybe specially challenged.  Their offensive line can't protect the quarterbacks or open holes for RB's.  Other than that they've been great.  Kicking game is looking good. 

So you think the Chiefs have a shot at beating them? I doubt it. If the Chiefs had an offense that could exploit and old and slow defense and porous secondary then I could see it, but Croyle can't QB and they have only an aging Gonzalez and  one young gun, Bowe. The Chiefs usually are good for one drive per game, and that ain't gonna get it done.
Even though the Pats looked horrendous in the pre-season I don't think they'll have much trouble with the Chiefs.  This is a perfect matchup for the Pats young and inexperienced secondary.  Going up against a young and inexperienced QB, could help them build some confidence.  Of course if Croyle somehow has a good game, that confidence could be shot quickly.  I expect them to do well though.  Hopefully they were just going through the motions in the pre-season, time to turn it up a notch.  I can't wait to see Jerod Mayo on Sunday, people are saying he's a beast and has "star" potential.  Some serious youth fused into the defense this year, much needed.  Could be some growing pains though.  Hopefully it'll be worth it in the end.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2008, 09:13:53 PM »

J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS!

Headline!!!  "Axl4Prez Rubs Off on Frank Costanza's Festivus Pole!"   nervous  (that sounds downright creepy!)  hihi

I predict a tepid start to the Jets season...with a stronger 2nd half...if Favre stays healthy.  What did I say?  I think I may have said 7-9.  They've got a favorable schedule, that helps...so do 4 games against the Dolphins and Bills.  yes

Faldor, don't sweat it!  Pats with a bad season will still win at the very least, 11 games and the AFC East.   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »

J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS!

In a very short amount of time your chant will change too...

JETS JETS JETS

Just

End

This

Season.  smoking

Hey, I remember you!  Mr. I'm Tired of Brett Favre!  hihi  I think he went to NY just to spite you and get even more attention.

I hope they beat the Patriots.  If they do, I will buy Chinese Democracy at Wal*Mart.  Honest injun.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2008, 12:15:26 AM »

I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I'm really looking forward to the Dolphins vs. Jets game. I'd love to see Pennington get the win vs. his former team and the QB who made him lose his job. I doubt it will happen, but I think it will be a very close game.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #249 on: September 06, 2008, 01:31:33 AM »

J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS!

Headline!!!  "Axl4Prez Rubs Off on Frank Costanza's Festivus Pole!"   nervous  (that sounds downright creepy!)  hihi

I predict a tepid start to the Jets season...with a stronger 2nd half...if Favre stays healthy.  What did I say?  I think I may have said 7-9.  They've got a favorable schedule, that helps...so do 4 games against the Dolphins and Bills.  yes

Faldor, don't sweat it!  Pats with a bad season will still win at the very least, 11 games and the AFC East.   beer
Oh I'm not worried about the Patriots as far as the season goes.  They have a pretty favorable schedule, although their toughest games are all on the road (@Indy, @SD, @Seattle).  I think they'll actually get better as the season goes along, which is the opposite of what happened last year.  They torched everyone for the first 10 weeks and then the league caught on.  I don't expect them to beat teams routinely 52-7 this year, but I do think the young guys will become key parts of the defense and they'll come into their own down the stretch.  Just keep Brady healthy and we've got a shot. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #250 on: September 06, 2008, 08:02:34 AM »

I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I'm really looking forward to the Dolphins vs. Jets game. I'd love to see Pennington get the win vs. his former team and the QB who made him lose his job. I doubt it will happen, but I think it will be a very close game.

Dolphins-Jets should be a lot of fun.  Ricky Williams and Brett Favre are both starting...didn't they both retire?  hihi 
If this was in NY, I'd say Jets by 10, but seeing as how it's in Miami, it should be a good game.  Jets by 3 or 4.  beer

btw, Vegas has this pegged as the lowest scoring game of the week.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 08:20:25 AM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #251 on: September 06, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »

The Dolphins are still the Dolphins. They were 1-15 last year and i dont see a huge improvement this year. Though getting rid of that idiot Cam Cameron, who has never had a winning record as a head coach in the nfl or college, should help them win a few more games.

With all the off-season moves the Jets did, they should able to handle the Dolphins quite easily. It is a division game and strange things cam happen in division games but it is the freakin dolphins. Jets by 10, at least.

Did somebody actually say the Patriots are gonna have trouble against the Chiefs??!! With Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Ben Watson, and Maroney, just to name a few offensive stars (i wont even get started on some of the defensive) the Patriots should have no trouble beating what will be at best a mediocre team this year. Yeah the Patriots went 0-4 in four meaningless games. They will be fine and they come back kickin ass.

Congrats to faldor for gettin to go to the Patriots home opener. I haven't been to a game in Foxborough since 1995. Of course I live 2000 miles away.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2008, 06:33:29 PM »

^Not that it matters all that much, but Watson's doubtful with an ankle injury.

...interestingly enough, after 57 straight weeks on the injury list, Brady's not on the official injury list!  Belicik loves fucking around with other teams.  hihi  I like that. 

Tomorrow is looking pretty sweet!  Rams-Eagles is on, and at commercials I can check out Bengals-Ravens and Texans-Steelers.  At 4 it's the Cowboys-Browns...and Sunday night Bears-Colts. 

I'll be looking for a bounce in McNabb's step...maybe a little razzle-dazzle from DeSean Jackson...Romo's always fun to watch...and Peyton's and Marvin's knees...and are the Bears going to roll over and die?  I just have a gut feeling the Bears won't roll over.  Orton may not be spectacular, but the guy is 12-6 as a starter and he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2008, 12:03:44 AM »

I haven't been to a game in Foxborough since 1995. Of course I live 2000 miles away.  smoking

They have a bitchin' new stadium now!  Cheesy
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »

Wow so Brady gets hurt in the first game ouch. Anyone know how bad it is yet?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2008, 07:21:15 PM »

Wow so Brady gets hurt in the first game ouch. Anyone know how bad it is yet?

MRI tomorrow. but players and coaches believe its an ACL, which would mean he's done for the season.

AFC may end up like the AL East this year....some major shakeups. brady down, chargers lost, jags lost. i had been thinking the colts would struggle this year too. although they are probably licking their chops right now.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2008, 07:31:30 PM »

Oh damn. Well that should stop the pats fans from talking trash for awhile i would think. The jets have to be ecstatic if this is true. I would think this would make them the favorites in the AFC East. I imagine all teams in that conference probably are licking their chops right now if Brady is indeed done.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2008, 07:52:31 PM »

Happy to see Brett Favre win today.  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #258 on: September 07, 2008, 07:54:07 PM »

So was i!

NBC just had an update on Brady. Its a major injury to his knee and season is definitely in jeopardy. The Jets have to be thrilled by this since they play the patriots next week.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #259 on: September 07, 2008, 08:33:50 PM »

Happy to see Brett Favre win today.  ok

Me too.

Former Ravens QB and Super Bowl champion Trent Dilfer is reporting that Brady is done for the year.

I was giggling like a schoolgirl when Brady went down.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: