Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:16:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261644 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2008, 04:14:33 AM »

Pennington is picked up by Miami - Parcells just loves collecting former Jets!

He may have something left in him, but after 2 rotator cuff surgeries and a horrible '07 season, I'm not sure... I like Pennington so I hope he surprises us  ( except when he plays the Jets)

The guy has no arm strength.  You could throw farther!  I will bet you my copy of Chinese Democracy that you could throw farther than Chad Pennington.
It looks like Green Bay Packers New York Jets QB Brett Favre is selling out -- of his new jersey!

Sources tell TMZ that the QB has continued his record breaking ways by selling 3200 jerseys ... and counting! That sets a single day sales record and single day, single player jersey sales record.

Just as amazing -- it hasn't been 24 hours since the official announcement of the trade.

Favre's Green Bay jersey is the top selling jersey of all time.

hihi

It's a sexy jersey.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2008, 07:48:55 AM »

Hey D, Leftwich's ankle is held together by Silly Putty, that's why. 
 hihi

Good for Pennington.  He seems like a nice guy.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2008, 02:53:35 PM »

No so fast Prez

what if God forbid Brady got injured?

They didnt make the playoffs that one year after the SB.  Their Defense is gonna be a HUGE question mark. Old LB, not Asante Samuel, Harrison is a year older.

There's no doubt the Pats secondary took a hit in the off-season.  However, they did get one of, if not thee, best linebacker in the draft this year, and he's been playing with the 1st team, right Faldor?  Of course there's always the chance for injury, but Brady's been solid his whole career.  If any team loses their superstar, they'll be in trouble.

btw,  w.axl.rose, think about the size of the New York area.  Think about the density of wealth around the Big Apple.  8.3 million people in NY City alone...more than LA and Houston put together, much more.  Favre will be swimming in endorsement money.  Literally swimming in it. 

Don't worry Freedom, of course the Colts are the favorite in the South...but the Jags have a solid playoff team and will be a good challenge/likely 2nd place in the division team.
I know people look at the Pats D and them losing Asante and the linebacking corps. getting another year older and automatically think that they'll take a hit and be nowhere near as good, but I'd wait to see about that.  They've lost plenty off good defensive players in the past and haven't skipped a beat, namely Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy.  They still have a really good defensive line with Seymour, Ty Warren, and Wilfork.  If they can get added pressure from Adalius Thomas and Vrabel their secondary will be helped a great deal.  They drafted Jared Mayo 10th overall and he's looked very good so far.  Same with Shawn Crable out of Michigan, their 3rd round choice.  They also signed Victor Hobson who's been a reliable starting linebacker the last few years.  They drafted for secondary help and supposedly 2nd rounder Terrance Wheatley has been very impressive in camp, so they've actually gotten younger on defense. 

I'm not saying they're gonna be the best defense ever and all the young guys will be key contributors, but I am saying that it's not a slam dunk that their defense is gonna stink.  One guy doesn't make a defense.  Especially a cornerback.  It all starts with the lines.  You get solid play there, and you win.  Reference the Super Bowl, look no further.  Giants D-line was dominant, Pats O-line, not so much.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2008, 06:50:16 AM »

Aaron Rodgers looked awesome tonight in the Preseason Game. That pick wasnt his fault, it was juggled by his WR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2008, 09:14:47 AM »

Rodgers could win those fans over pretty quick.  They've got a pretty talented roster so it's not like he has to go out there and win games by himself. 

Shifting to fantasy football.  We've only got 6 teams in the league right now.  I'd like to have 10, 8 at the very least.  I'm probably gonna have to increase the roster size unless more teams join.  I don't want every team to be super stacked.  You need those diamond in the rough picks to come into play.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2008, 04:04:39 PM »

Shifting to fantasy football.  We've only got 6 teams in the league right now.  I'd like to have 10, 8 at the very least.  I'm probably gonna have to increase the roster size unless more teams join.  I don't want every team to be super stacked.  You need those diamond in the rough picks to come into play.

Maybe you should decrease the Max Teams to 10 or 12 and publish the league so it will fill up. Unfortunately, though, there's no way to guarantee those new guys will pay attention to their teams . . . And the whole idea of a HTGTH League is to play with fellow Gunners. I have a friend who's looking for a good fantasy football league . . . He's not a huge GNR fan, but he does like them. At least I know he'll take the league seriously. I'll see if he wants to join.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 04:06:13 PM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2008, 04:52:34 PM »

I think I know why we've only got 6 signed up...fear.  Maybe I should unregister so that those in fear of my fantasy football prowess will join thinking they've actually got a chance to win!   hihi

I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers.  He's going to be under one hell of a microscope.  I had one guy at work critiquing his every move.  wtf?  I wonder what Favre looked like in his first pre-season game with the Falcons back in the day.  hihi  Honestly, Rodgers is going to be solid.  Even Favre said this is the most talented team he's had in Green Bay. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2008, 07:33:08 PM »

I think I know why we've only got 6 signed up...fear.  Maybe I should unregister so that those in fear of my fantasy football prowess will join thinking they've actually got a chance to win!   hihi

I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers.  He's going to be under one hell of a microscope.  I had one guy at work critiquing his every move.  wtf?  I wonder what Favre looked like in his first pre-season game with the Falcons back in the day.  hihi  Honestly, Rodgers is going to be solid.  Even Favre said this is the most talented team he's had in Green Bay. 

Wait till u see me draft. I missed the draft last year which is the ONLY reason i did bad.

Just look at all my glorious yahoo fantasy trophies! yes

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2008, 11:55:29 PM »

^ Just look at my trophy case and see the only one that really matters!

2007 Here Today Gone to Hell Fantasy Football Champion!!!  

Thanks to Faldor again for settin' this up.   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2008, 01:19:27 AM »

I've participated in two live drafts on Yahoo so far, and my computer has screwed up during both of them. I have dial-up, and during the first draft I just figured somebody may be trying to call me, but I did one earlier tonight and I seriously doubt anyone would have called me that late. Yahoo has given their draft a facelift and my slow ass computer just can't handle it, which really sucks. My connection can just cut off for a second and the computer automatically makes a pick for me, instead of allowing my time to keep ticking. I keep ending up with players I didn't really want. Hopefully I won't have as bad a problem during our draft next week, but I'm kind of worried.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2008, 01:28:21 AM »

^ Just look at my trophy case and see the only one that really matters!

2007 Here Today Gone to Hell Fantasy Football Champion!!!  

Thanks to Faldor again for settin' this up.   beer

Yeah no problem.  I've tried my best to spread the word here.  I've PM'ed just about anyone who's posted in a football related thread over the past 2 years.  So far only 5 takers though, and thank you all for joining.  Some of the guys who were in the league last year either are banned from this site or don't post here anymore, so I didn't bother inviting them.  We could open it to the public, but I don't really like doing that.  I'd rather get people we know, whether they're GNR fans, or whatever.  In a perfect world I'd like to have just people who post here but we've got a little less than a week.  You guys let me know what you want to do.  It should be a competitive league regardless.  We've got a solid group of 6 so far.  I just don't like having such a small sample of players drafted.  If we stick with what we've got I'd have no problem expanding the rosters so you have to start an extra guy per position (minus defense and kicker of course).  We could open it up to all GNR forums I guess.  I could change the league title.  That's a possibility. 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2008, 02:22:54 AM »

If u guys had real balls

each one of us would throw 50 dollars into a paypal account and the winner takes all!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2008, 06:20:28 PM »

If u guys had real balls

each one of us would throw 50 dollars into a paypal account and the winner takes all!

If you had even bigger balls, you'd give me my $50/piece for last season's championship!   hihi

I've got my money league in its 11th season, this one has been for pride.   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #193 on: August 13, 2008, 09:37:29 PM »

If u guys had real balls

If you had even bigger balls, you'd give me my $50/piece for last season's championship!   hihi

I've got my money league in its 11th season, this one has been for pride.   yes
Yeah I usually do 2 money leagues myself.  Not that I'd be totally against it, but I look at this one as more for fun.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2008, 09:52:37 PM »

I am dying to join a money league. if anyone ever gets an opening in one and needs someone, let me know!

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2008, 08:42:50 AM »

Hey D, Leftwich's ankle is held together by Silly Putty, that's why. 
 hihi

Good for Pennington.  He seems like a nice guy.

I'm really happy the Jets have Favre, but I am gonna miss Chad.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2008, 12:19:43 AM »

Fantasy footballers, I've got to move back the draft day.  I sent you all e-mails but in case you don't check that for whatever reason I thought I'd post it here.  Any days/times that are NOT good for any of you?  Still plenty of room for additional teams.  It's all in fun, we don't bite.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2008, 02:08:29 AM »

Fantasy footballers, I've got to move back the draft day.  I sent you all e-mails but in case you don't check that for whatever reason I thought I'd post it here.  Any days/times that are NOT good for any of you?  Still plenty of room for additional teams.  It's all in fun, we don't bite.

Well, I'd rather not have it on a Friday or Saturday night, but any other day is good for me.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2008, 08:55:16 AM »

Well, I'd rather not have it on a Friday or Saturday night, but any other day is good for me.
Yeah I personally would like to have it on a week night, maybe a Wednesday.  I'll see what's available.  Any times no good for people?  Anyone not available nights?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2008, 09:09:36 AM »

I can draft whenever

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: