Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:11:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261479 times)
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2008, 08:33:42 PM »

brady an overrated bitch.... rant

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2008, 08:57:17 PM »

For Brady to be overrated, that means he is viewed as being better than a QB or QB's that are infact better than him. I would love to see a list of QB's in the NFL that should be rated higher than him.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2008, 09:16:49 PM »

He is a bitch but over rated he isn't.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2008, 09:33:12 PM »

brady an overrated bitch.... rant
No, he's not.  Nice try though

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2008, 09:41:23 PM »

I hate anything to do with Boston, I hate Tom Brady more than I can put into words:

That being said, I think he is the greatest QB in NFL history and will go down that way once he retires. People say Joe Montana blah blah blah but imagine Brady's numbers if he had Randy Moss his entire career like Joe had Jerry Rice for most of his.

i'm a fan of brady and 8 months ago i would have agreed with you. but Brady lost to Eli freakin Manning in one of the biggest sporting events in the history of the world. losing to a clearly inferior team hurt his chances significantly as being recognized as the greatest ever. 

Montana was a perfect 4-0 in the big game.

also, imagine if brady had to face all those incredible NFC teams in the playoffs every year. Bears, Giants, Skins...some of the greatest teams (and defenses) of all time.
I've gotta agree with you here.  Montana never lost a Super Bowl, there's the difference.  I could be wrong, but didn't Montana have ZERO INT's in his 4 Super Bowls?  Brady was right on track to be rated right up there with Joe until that loss.  Brady did have much less talent to work with prior to this year so that could've been an argument for, again until this year.  No excuses for that one.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2008, 10:07:44 PM »

I hate anything to do with Boston, I hate Tom Brady more than I can put into words:

That being said, I think he is the greatest QB in NFL history and will go down that way once he retires. People say Joe Montana blah blah blah but imagine Brady's numbers if he had Randy Moss his entire career like Joe had Jerry Rice for most of his.

i'm a fan of brady and 8 months ago i would have agreed with you. but Brady lost to Eli freakin Manning in one of the biggest sporting events in the history of the world. losing to a clearly inferior team hurt his chances significantly as being recognized as the greatest ever. 

also, imagine if brady had to face all those incredible NFC teams in the playoffs every year. Bears, Giants, Skins...some of the greatest teams (and defenses) of all time.
I've gotta agree with you here.  Montana never lost a Super Bowl, there's the difference.  I could be wrong, but didn't Montana have ZERO INT's in his 4 Super Bowls?  Brady was right on track to be rated right up there with Joe until that loss.  Brady did have much less talent to work with prior to this year so that could've been an argument for, again until this year.  No excuses for that one.

I'll be the one to say it.

They couldn't cheat this year.

beer
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2008, 11:51:28 PM »

Favre's a Jet. Reported on ESPN, breaking news.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2008, 11:56:33 PM »

Now if we only had a decent offense and defense to help him out!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2008, 12:28:08 AM »

Yes, u have some valid pts sandman BUT Brady won 3 Superbowls in the era of the Salary Cap.

In my opinion its much tougher to win multiple superbowls now than back in Montana and even Troy Aikman's day. With the cap and Free Agency the way it is, its a huge accomplishment.

Giants weren't inferior, they were just overlooked and underrated and NE were a bit overrated. Giants were the perfect team to beat NE cause they had a pass rush from hell. Thats how u beat Brady and Manning. U gotta make them move in the pocket.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2008, 12:46:28 AM »

No offense to Jets fans, but I find this really sad.  The one-team athlete is so rare these days.  Yeah, yeah, I know he started with Atlanta, but he threw five passes in two games...hardly a significant portion of his great career.  It's like watching Jordan with the Wizards or Montana with Kansas City.  Just doesn't feel right.   

Anyway, good for the Jets, I expect.  Who was their starter?  They weren't still banking on Pennington...were they?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2008, 01:24:38 AM »

No offense to Jets fans, but I find this really sad.  The one-team athlete is so rare these days.  Yeah, yeah, I know he started with Atlanta, but he threw five passes in two games...hardly a significant portion of his great career.  It's like watching Jordan with the Wizards or Montana with Kansas City.  Just doesn't feel right.   

Anyway, good for the Jets, I expect.  Who was their starter?  They weren't still banking on Pennington...were they?

There was another guy that started most of their games last year. His name escapes me though.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2008, 02:09:16 AM »

Well, at least he is going to wear a green jersey.  Shouldn't be too hard on the eyes to adjust.

What will his number be?

I wish him luck in that tough division.

I guess this makes me a Jets fan now? 

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Edited to correct a grammatical error I made in the midst of my excitement.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 02:24:25 AM by Archie Bunker's Chair » Logged
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2008, 02:16:23 AM »

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

YES!  smoking  beer  ok  peace  Cool  Grin  Cheesy  Smiley  yes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2008, 02:19:12 AM »

Well, at least he is going to wear a green jersey.  Shouldn't be too hard on the eyes to adjust.

What will his number be?

I wish him luck in the that tough division.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Actually its a weak division. The bills aren't that good and the dolphins suck.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2008, 02:23:11 AM »

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

We can see him take on Tom Brady twice a year!

For the love of Axl in the sky, I hope he at least beats him once.

Funny thing is, they don't play the Packers at all this season.

I'm going to place my order for a Favre jersey to match the one that's already in my closet.  Home colors of course.

I wonder how he will adjust to playing at the Meadowlands?  He is not a fan of synthetic turf, ya know.

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry yes no ok peace hihi rofl rant love nervous confused crying smoking beer drool

P.S.  The two NFC Championship Game qb's are going to share a stadium.  How cool is that?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2008, 02:24:53 AM »

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry yes no ok peace hihi rofl rant love nervous confused crying smoking beer drool

P.S.  The two NFC Championship Game qb's are going to share a stadium.  How cool is that?

thats too cool  smoking beer smoking Cool Grin Cheesy Smiley beer
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2008, 02:51:31 AM »

The New Jersey Jets other QB is Kellen Clemens, a young kid out of Oregon I think???

Pennington will be released.

Jets will win a whole lot more cause Jericho Cotchery and Laverneus Coles are two underrated WR's. They will have a QB now that has an arm to get them the ball down the field.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2008, 02:59:37 AM »

The New Jersey Jets other QB is Kellen Clemens, a young kid out of Oregon I think???

Jets will win a whole lot more cause Jericho Cotchery and Laverneus Coles are two underrated WR's. They will have a QB now that has an arm to get them the ball down the field.

I'd be in favor of releasing him as long as it frees up money from his contract. He has a pretty big one if i remember correctly.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2008, 03:00:24 AM »

I'd be in favor of releasing him as long as it frees up money from his contract. He has a pretty big one if i remember correctly.

That and he sucks the big one.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2008, 03:04:54 AM »

Brady played a decent superbowl. He had 60% pass completion for 266 yards and a td and he was sacked 5 fucking times, won't even mention how many times he was hurried or touched. Stupid o-line. He drove them down the field for the go ahead touchdown and the Defense could not stop the giants. A dropped pick, a miracle catch and a wide open touchdown pass. The o-line got their asses handed to them until that patriots drive towards the end. And again, things just rolled for the giants in that game winning drive. Brady did not have enough time left to do anything once they got the ball back.

Brady threw one pick in a superbowl against the panthers and still got a 100.5 qb rating in that game for throwing for 365 yards and 3 touchdowns.

I'm not gonna argue over who is better...montana or brady..I'm just gonna state that Tom Brady IS one of the best QB's to have ever played the game and he WILL win another superbowl.

Regarding the Jets getting Favre...The jets will still finish second place in the east and play in the tough AFC where it will be hard to squeeze a play-off spot. Their odds increase IF Favre plays well but the jets defense isn't as good as the pack's was last year. Their o-line could be trouble some, their running game is questionable and though their recievers are good, neither is Donald Driver who had great chemistry with Favre. I forsee a decent year for Favre and the Jets narrowly missing the play-offs after finishing 8-8 or 9-7. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: