Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:17:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261742 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2008, 01:56:55 AM »

She has a stake in the team.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2008, 02:11:15 AM »

All I know is, my Dallas Cowboys are going 13-3 and winning it all this year.

Who is finishing 2nd?

thats what everyone else is playing for.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2008, 02:15:22 AM »

All I know is, my Dallas Cowboys are going 13-3 and  choking in the second round again.

Fixed it for ya.  Grin
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2008, 09:57:23 AM »

As long as that overhyped overrated McNabb finishes his season in last place, Dallas can have their 13-3 season.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2008, 07:16:38 PM »

As long as that overhyped overrated McNabb finishes his season in last place, Dallas can have their 13-3 season.

Cue my righteous anger!!!!!   rant   Grin   The Eagles are a playoff team if McNabb and Westbrook stay healthy. 
Put me on record.  That's how it'll be. 

2008 NFC Playoff teams:

Dallas 12-4,
 Philly 10-6
 Minnesota 11-5
 Green Bay 10-6
 Tampa 9-7
 Seattle 10-6

You heard it here first.  The NY Giants will not make the playoffs.  McNabb will lead the Eagles to the playoffs and a 1st round wildcard win...but he will be bashed for not being able to take his team to the NFC Championship...even though the Eagle defense will be rather porous, the offense will be among the top 5 teams in offensive yards gained, and Donovan will have twice as many td's as int's. 

Please check back to this post come December, '08.   Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2008, 08:15:42 PM »

Damn, now with Shockey on the Saints, N'orleans has a shot at knocking off Tampa in the South. 

Giants...they're still not making the playoffs.

btw, how about Jason Taylor on the 'skins?  The NFC East is top to bottom the best division in football.  The AFC South is getting better and in my eyes is 2nd best. 

Come on, any other folks bold enough to make predictions?  Yes, it's early, but you can make them conditional...like my McNabb/Westbrook health condition.

peace 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:19:28 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2008, 04:37:10 AM »

Here's my playoff/record perdictions...

NFC

Dallas 12-4
Washington 10-6
Minnesota 11-5
New Orleans 10-6
Tampa Bay 9-7
Seattle 10-6

And I show no love for the eagles. I hate the cowboys but they should be able to top the NFC. The giants miss the play-offs due to poor play by manning late in the year. Washington will have a better year. Portis stays healthy and Cambell has a decent year to take them to the play-offs. Tampa Bay some how squeezes in. Seattle of course again wins their piss poor division. Minnesota pulls out more wins with a defense thats getting better and the running Adrian Peterson. Aaron Rodgers gets hurt mid-season and that crushes green bays play-off hopes. People bitch about Favre.

AFC

Patriots 14-2
Colts 13-3
Jaguars 11-5
Pittsburg 10-6
Cleveland 10-6
Chargers 12-4

Patriots will again top the AFC with the Brady/Moss connection. Expect Maroney to have a better year so Brady/moss numbers will drop. Colts are back in the play-offs again. I like the chances of the Jaguars making it in again. Pittsburg steals the divison but Cleveland will be in the play-offs. The chargers take the easy west division with LT having yet another good year.

I guess i'll do superbowl..I expect a surprize team from the NFC so i'll just pick one.  hihi

Superbowl

Patriots vs. Seahawks

The Patriots will pull out a tough afc championship game against the colts to advance to another superbowl. The Seahawks pull out a shocker against the Cowboys to get them in. Under the great play of Brady/moss/welker/Maroney and an improved defense the patriots win 35-17. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2008, 02:49:38 PM »

Cue my righteous anger!!!!!   rant   Grin   The Eagles are a playoff team if McNabb and Westbrook stay healthy. 
Put me on record.  That's how it'll be. 

2008 NFC Playoff teams:

Dallas 12-4,
 Philly 10-6
 Minnesota 11-5
 Green Bay 10-6
 Tampa 9-7
 Seattle 10-6

You heard it here first.  The NY Giants will not make the playoffs.  McNabb will lead the Eagles to the playoffs and a 1st round wildcard win...but he will be bashed for not being able to take his team to the NFC Championship...even though the Eagle defense will be rather porous, the offense will be among the top 5 teams in offensive yards gained, and Donovan will have twice as many td's as int's. 

Please check back to this post come December, '08.   Wink

Your on record.  Grin

Superbowl

Patriots vs. Seahawks

The Patriots will pull out a tough afc championship game against the colts to advance to another superbowl. The Seahawks pull out a shocker against the Cowboys to get them in. Under the great play of Brady/moss/welker/Maroney and an improved defense the patriots win 35-17. smoking

I sure hope not. I'm sick of the Patriots and I'm sick of the Seahawks too.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2008, 05:01:36 AM »

Reports: Favre offered money by Packers to stay away
ESPN.com news services

Green Bay Packers president Mark Murphy traveled to Mississippi to meet with quarterback Brett Favre and his agent James "Bus" Cook on Wednesday, and multiple media outlets later reported that the team offered the quarterback substantial money to stay retired.

The Hattiesburg (Miss.) American reported on its Web site that the meeting took place at Cook's office in Hattiesburg.

Murphy left the meeting in the early evening and had no comment for reporters but issued a statement Wednesday night.

"I was in Hattiesburg today and had a nice visit with Brett Favre," the statement read. "We discussed a number of topics not related to football, including Brett's long-term relationship with the Packers. I consider our conversation to be confidential and am going to be respectful of Brett and his family and keep the details private. "[General manager] Ted [Thompson] and [coach] Mike [McCarthy] are going to continue to work on the football side of this issue. They have my full support."

WTMJ television in Milwaukee reported that the team offered Favre in the neighborhood of $20 million over several years to stay retired. The Green Bay Press-Gazette reported on its Web site that the team offered Favre "a substantial salary" to stay away. Both reports cited sources close to Favre. But signs still point to the quarterback reporting to Packers camp.

After the meeting, Cook was asked by the media if Favre could be back in Green Bay by Friday and he said that was a good possibility.

"He would love to go back in Green Bay," Cook said, in comments broadcast by ESPNEWS. "I mean, that's why he started working out. But right now, it looks like he'll be the quarterback at Oak Grove High School." He added, however, that commissioner Roger Goodell still had not activated Favre.

A league source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Wednesday night that Goodell hopes to speak with Favre on Thursday before he decides to reinstate him.

Favre worked out with the Oak Grove High School football team before heading to the meeting. "I'm late for a 9 o'clock meeting and I'm not lying," he told reporters when the workout ended, according to the report.

He was seen leaving the office at about 1:30 p.m. ET.

"Why don't y'all get in the shade?" Favre told members of the media before he drove off.

Mortensen reported earlier Wednesday that Goodell was unlikely to rule on Favre's request for reinstatement Wednesday in order to give the sides more time to work out an agreement on the quarterback's future.

"The commissioner is taking no action today," the NFL said in a statement Wednesday. "He wants to give both the Packers and Brett an appropriate amount of time to make decisions, including decisions impacting the team's roster and salary cap. When Brett is reinstated by the commissioner, we will announce it."

About 1,000 miles north in Green Bay, McCarthy said Favre reporting to camp might be less of a distraction.

"It's to the point where I think it's better for myself and better for the football team: It's time for me to coach the football team," McCarthy said late Wednesday. "I can't concern myself with the day-to-day, blow-by-blow things that go on outside of the preparation of the team. So if he comes in here, he'll be one of 80 and I will coach him accordingly."

The Press-Gazette reported on its Web site Tuesday night that Murphy flew to Mississippi in hopes of talking Favre out of reporting to camp, a situation with the potential to cause a major distraction to a team that committed to moving on after Favre retired in March. Murphy declined comment to a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reporter at the Green Bay airport before his flight left Tuesday night.

Nearly five months after his tearful retirement news conference in March, Favre filed for reinstatement with the NFL on Tuesday. He is awaiting approval from Goodell.

Once he is reinstated, a step considered a formality, the Packers will have 24 hours to decide whether to release him or return him to their active roster. The team has ruled out releasing Favre, fearing he would immediately sign with division rival Minnesota.

The Packers also could trade Favre, although no deal appeared imminent. The Packers hold Favre's rights until his contract expires after the 2010 season.

Despite the apparent nature of Murphy's trip, McCarthy reiterated Wednesday that Favre "absolutely" was still welcome in Packers camp. Team officials have made it clear, both publicly and to Favre, that he would no longer be the starter if he returned to the team.

"I've said it, and I'll just say it again: He was a big part of our history, and he can reinstate, come here and be part of our future," McCarthy said.

McCarthy acknowledged that the ongoing Favre saga puts Aaron Rodgers in a unique situation, but said Rodgers is handling the situation well. Rodgers has been solid in his first few days of camp, although the Packers' defense seems to be ahead of the offense.

Packers defensive end Aaron Kampman, a close friend of Rodgers and the quarterback's roommate in training camp, said Rodgers is a "tough guy" who will only get tougher under scrutiny.

"He's a grown man," Kampman said. "He's handling it very well. He's done tremendous. I think he continues to validate he's got some special stuff inside of him."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3511028

Am i the only one that thinks its disgraceful how green bay is treating Farve?
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2008, 05:41:32 AM »

Offering him money to stay away is fucked up. I can't believe they would do that to him. I understand them needing to move on but come on, they fucking refuse to release him and they are probably not taking serious trade offers because they must "get something" for him. And though I can see them telling him he won't be the starter but to fuck around like this is complete bullshit. It seems like they just don't want him in football period to protect the favre "brand" in green bay.

I cannot see any reason to not just have traded this fucker 2 months ago when he first started to think about coming back. Now it just seems they want to increase the chances of him not being viable for a team because he could potentially miss a teams training camp. Yeah Favre shouldn't have been wishy washy with the packers the last few years but that gives them absolutely no reason to not at least trade him. The excuse of needing to get something is bullshit. You cannot tell me sometime in the last two months there weren't teams thinking about brett favre. Its obvious to me now that Green Bay doesn't want their golden boy to play in another uniform. Yet they don't want him on this team. 

They offered money!!!??? What the fuck?  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2008, 06:00:51 AM »

I think its a real slap in the face trying to buy him off like that.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2008, 06:44:24 AM »

How cool would it be if the Packers (refusing to just release Brett and refusing to trade him to my Vikings) traded him to the Jets or Bucs...............only to have the Jets or Bucs set up a deal with the Vikings to get him to Minnesota?   rofl

Damn that would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2008, 10:27:52 AM »

How cool would it be if the Packers (refusing to just release Brett and refusing to trade him to my Vikings) traded him to the Jets or Bucs...............only to have the Jets or Bucs set up a deal with the Vikings to get him to Minnesota?   rofl

Damn that would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

You can bet there would be some sort of clause in the trade that would prohibit this action.

In other words, it's already been thought of.

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2008, 01:21:57 PM »

Well, ESPN is now reporting that Green Bay may be working on a divisional trade. Possibly to the vikings or bears. Apparently the vikings is the place Favre wants to play. And they say Green Bay is trying everything to keep him away from football so they do not want him at camp and he won't just stay retired so now they are finally pondering a divisional trade.

They should have just done that 2 months ago.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2008, 06:04:56 PM »

Do ya'll realize how good the Vikings already are?  I used to bite the bullet and I gave Tarvaris Jackson the benefit of the doubt, but he's just not ready.  Apparently the other day in 7 on 7 drills he threw 2 ints.  7 on 7!  You just can't do that. 

Brett Favre, hall-of-fame qb with 28 tds and 15 ints last year,
Jared Allen, 2007 NFL sack leader,
Vikings 2007 #1 defense against the run,
and an improved secondary thanks to top free-agent safety Madieu Williams...
and did I mention an excellent o-line and all-world Adrian Peterson spelled by Chester Taylor?Huh??

barring injury, with the difficulty of the NFC East, the Cowboys might lose home-field throughout the playoffs, and that NFC Championship game could be in the Metrodome baby!!!!  Wow.  What an off-season.   beer

Worst case scenario, we roll with Tarvaris and a strictly ball-control offense.  It's still a playoff team.   beer

btw, a clause?  you honestly think once a team has traded a player away, they can still exercise a clause like that?  No way.  I'm sure they've thought this through, and that's why they are now considering the deal to the Vikes.   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2008, 07:30:01 PM »

That is pretty shitty of the Packers to try and pay Favre to stay retired. I've been pretty harsh on Favre over the last couple of months. I still don't think he's handled all this very well. But I'm starting to feel bad for the guy now. If he wants to play, let him play. If he ends up going to the Vikings, I think the Vikings will go to the Superbowl.

I was going to give my predictions for the upcoming season, but I think I'd better hold off until the Favre situation is settled.

Also, just wondering . . . Are we going to have a Here Today Gone To Hell Fantasy Football League this year?? I need to avenge myself for my early playoff exit last season. Thanks to Tom Brady, I dominated all season--- I finished the season with only one or two losses, and the number one seed . . . Only to lose my first playoff game thanks to Tom Brady's horrible game (against the Jets, I think). It was fun, though.

Here Today . . .
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2008, 08:14:32 PM »

I wish I was offered $20 million to stay away from work!  rofl

I can't help but laugh these days.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2008, 08:21:03 PM »

That is pretty shitty of the Packers to try and pay Favre to stay retired. I've been pretty harsh on Favre over the last couple of months. I still don't think he's handled all this very well. But I'm starting to feel bad for the guy now. If he wants to play, let him play. If he ends up going to the Vikings, I think the Vikings will go to the Superbowl.

I was going to give my predictions for the upcoming season, but I think I'd better hold off until the Favre situation is settled.

Also, just wondering . . . Are we going to have a Here Today Gone To Hell Fantasy Football League this year?? I need to avenge myself for my early playoff exit last season. Thanks to Tom Brady, I dominated all season--- I finished the season with only one or two losses, and the number one seed . . . Only to lose my first playoff game thanks to Tom Brady's horrible game (against the Jets, I think). It was fun, though.

It would be nice to defend my title!   yes  Team Jessica Alba is looking to repeat baby!!!   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2008, 10:32:54 PM »

It would be nice to defend my title!   yes  Team Jessica Alba is looking to repeat baby!!!   beer
I just set one up.  Same format as last year.  A little more time to set it up this time around though.  I tentatively set the live online draft for August 19th, that's a Monday 8 pm.  I sent the invite to the 5 teams that I still see posting here, and/or followed their teams closely last year.  Anyone else interested, feel free to sign up.  It's on www.yahoo.com.  The League ID#:   268144.  The password is : jarmo.

The settings for any newcomers, and a reminder to returnees are as follows

Scoring Type:   Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on:   Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider:   Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves:   No maximum
Max Acquisitions per Week:   No maximum
Max Trades:   No maximum
Trade Reject Time:   2
Trade End Date:    November 14, 2008
Trade Review:   League Votes
Waiver Time:   2 days
Post Draft Players:   Follow Waiver Rules
Playoffs:   Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams)
Roster Positions:   QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories:   Passing Yards (25 yards per point; 2 points at 300 yards; 4 points at 350 yards; 6 points at 400 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 4 points at 150 yards; 6 points at 200 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 4 points at 150 yards; 6 points at 200 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (4)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (5)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (6)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-1)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-2)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
Fractional Points:   Yes
Negative Points:   Yes

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2008, 10:18:47 AM »

btw, a clause?  you honestly think once a team has traded a player away, they can still exercise a clause like that?  No way.  I'm sure they've thought this through, and that's why they are now considering the deal to the Vikes.   yes

Absolutely. Yes, a team can. It would be part of a trade agreement. They are many "agreements" that are binding in a trade. A trade is not just simply swapping one player for another player.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: