Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:40:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261125 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #940 on: January 18, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »

^ as usual Gilee, great post.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #941 on: January 18, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »

I'm cheerin for the Steelers, but man did you guys see that personal foul call against Baltimore toward the end of the half for someone running into the punter... even though the guy clearly didn't even touch the punter.

That was such a horrible, disgraceful call. I remember now why I hate the referee's.

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #942 on: January 18, 2009, 08:38:11 PM »

It doesn't matter how badly the defense played, though, nor Akers, nor the receivers and all their dropped passes--- Everyone will place the blame on McNabb, just like always. And I think that's fucking pathetic. He's to blame just like everyone else on the team, but in my mind he played amazing in the second half. He did his job. The defense didn't do theirs.

Quarterbacks always get the blame  for losses and the glory for the wins. McNabb's job as QB and leader of the team is more than just completing passes.  Its about rallying the team. Getting the respect of your teammates so they help you win, and pulling everyone together.  McNabb has proved again and again that he lacks in these areas, which is why the Eagles always fail in the end.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #943 on: January 18, 2009, 08:40:31 PM »

^ Bullshit Crow316.  "Quarterbacks always get the blame  for losses and the glory for the wins."

Yeah?  Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer got a ton of glory for being SB Champs huh?  Umm, did Dilfer even make it back with the Ravens the next season?  I forget.  Oh, the glory.   Roll Eyes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #944 on: January 18, 2009, 08:59:53 PM »

let's not act like mcnabb had a great game. he got off to a slow start. AGAIN. it's been a problem for him and this offense for few years now. 3 and outs or settling for FGs early in the game.

overall, this was a total team loss. the cardinals were the better team today in every phase of the game. they were better at every position.

if mcnabb makes those plays early (Lewis, Baskett), the eagles probably win today, cause they would not have fallen behind by 18. the whole game would have been different.

and missing baskett on the last drive on 3rd and 10 was killer. 4th and 2 would have been a hell of alot easier than 4th and 10.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #945 on: January 18, 2009, 09:00:08 PM »

I get what u are saying but u can't put Jake Delhomme in the same sentence as Donovan McNabb. McNabb is a far superior QB and will get way more blame.

If he completes the passes he could've in the first half, Philly probably win this game by 2 tds.

His 2nd half was brilliant BUT on the last drive, he had 8 seconds in the pocket, hell he could've ran for the first down

then he had Curtis and Jackson both open and over threw Jackson.

I do hang this loss on the Philly D. Larry Fitzgerald being that open is just unacceptable.

Give Warner credit though, He played his ass off.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #946 on: January 18, 2009, 09:11:52 PM »

^ Bullshit Crow316.  "Quarterbacks always get the blame  for losses and the glory for the wins."

Yeah?  Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer got a ton of glory for being SB Champs huh?  Umm, did Dilfer even make it back with the Ravens the next season?  I forget.  Oh, the glory.   
Exceptions to every rule,man.  Are you telling me that McNabb wouldnt have got the glory if the Eagles pulled out the victory today?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #947 on: January 18, 2009, 09:14:02 PM »

as far as legacies being written today, Warner may haave just guaranteed his place in the Hall of Fame. 3rd SB appearance with 2 different teams. if he wins i think he is a lock to get in.

as for mcnabb, well, he didn't help himself today.

this is from Don Banks on SI.com.....

"I'm not going to belabor this, or delve into hyperbole, but it's hard not to come to the conclusion that Donovan McNabb just doesn't have it when the clutch moment arrives in a game of Sunday's magnitude. He's now 1-4 in NFC title games, and 0-1 in the Super Bowl, and those are not irrelevant statistics to this discussion."

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #948 on: January 18, 2009, 09:49:06 PM »

as far as legacies being written today, Warner may haave just guaranteed his place in the Hall of Fame. 3rd SB appearance with 2 different teams. if he wins i think he is a lock to get in.

as for mcnabb, well, he didn't help himself today.

this is from Don Banks on SI.com.....

"I'm not going to belabor this, or delve into hyperbole, but it's hard not to come to the conclusion that Donovan McNabb just doesn't have it when the clutch moment arrives in a game of Sunday's magnitude. He's now 1-4 in NFC title games, and 0-1 in the Super Bowl, and those are not irrelevant statistics to this discussion."

In my opinion, McNabb was pretty strong today, and about as good as he could have been in that second half.  Coming back from down 24-6 to take a 25-24 lead seems pretty clutch.  The Philly D just wasn't up to the Cards' O.   

^ Ouch Freedom, that hurt!   hihi  Don't worry though, U. of Delaware's up near Wilmington, DE which is like a suburb of Philly.

Down here in Lower Slower Delaware you'd feel right at home!  (it's a lot like a smaller Indiana...at least how I picture Indiana.)

Flacco was a Blue Hen...as was Rich Gannon.  peace

I'd love to know how you picture Indiana.  hihi

Seriously...I was watching Rock of Love, and they were in Indy, and he took his date on a fucking hay ride.  OH, COME ON!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #949 on: January 18, 2009, 09:56:14 PM »

Man, I love Troy Polamalu...
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #950 on: January 18, 2009, 10:18:22 PM »

Damn. I dont know who to root for in the Superbowl.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #951 on: January 18, 2009, 11:50:15 PM »

Definitely for Arizona.

Kurt Warner is a hall of famer.

Won a Super Bowl for the Rams who had sucked for years

Took the fucking Arizona Cardinals to the Super Bowl........... are u kidding me? the Cardinals?

4tds 0 picks. Played one amazing game today.

How about Demps for Philly being a little bitch and trying to cheap shot warner.

Arizona bout gave the game away though cause they started playing not to lose. They had the ball in the 3rd at midfield, ran it twice and threw a low percentage pass.. up 24-6, they should've went for the kill right there.

Todd Haley is an offensive mastermind. The plays he dials up are incredible. Would love to have a guy like that in Dallas.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #952 on: January 19, 2009, 12:02:20 AM »

I'm gonna go with Arizona too. How can you not root for the team that has never been there? Unless your a Steelers fan.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #953 on: January 19, 2009, 03:03:44 AM »

Yeah. Cardinals it is.  I just always pull for the Steelers. My dad is from Pittsburgh. But Kurt is the man.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #954 on: January 19, 2009, 03:31:23 AM »

let's not act like mcnabb had a great game. he got off to a slow start. AGAIN. it's been a problem for him and this offense for few years now. 3 and outs or settling for FGs early in the game.

overall, this was a total team loss. the cardinals were the better team today in every phase of the game. they were better at every position.

if mcnabb makes those plays early (Lewis, Baskett), the eagles probably win today, cause they would not have fallen behind by 18. the whole game would have been different.

and missing baskett on the last drive on 3rd and 10 was killer. 4th and 2 would have been a hell of alot easier than 4th and 10.

See I don't understand people like you, Sandman. You claim to be an Eagles' fan, yet you're always so eager to talk shit about McNabb, as if you want him to fail. Reid and McNabb turned this franchise around. They were in the cellar of the NFL and now they're a playoff team virtually every year--- 5 NFC Championship games in just the past 8 seasons. McNabb is the best QB the Eagles have ever had. Hell, he's the best PLAYER the Eagles have ever had. Give the guy support for once, instead of jumping at every chance to tear him down.

I didn't even watch the second half of the Pitt-Balt game. I just went to bed 'cause I was too depressed. I'm glad the Steelers won, though. I'll be rooting for them in the Superbowl. I would say that I don't think there's any way the Cardinals offense puts up more than 20 points on that Pittsburgh defense, but hell, I thought there was no way the Eagles would allow them to either. Larry Fitzgerald is the best WR in the league. And the extra week off will allow Boldin to be 100% probably. I think I might actually be leaning toward AZ to win the game.

The Cardinals had never even BEEN to an NFC Championship game before yesterday. The Eagles had been to five in just 8 seasons. Yet the frickin' Cardinals win. That is so frustrating.

A quote I saw on the Philadelphia Inquirer's homepage:
"The Eagles didn't lose this game because of McNabb, but when he got the ball back in his hands with 2:53 left and trailing by seven points, McNabb didn't win it, either. He'd won it once already. Twice proved to be too much for the Eagles to ask."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:24:34 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #955 on: January 19, 2009, 07:32:09 AM »

Go Steelers!!!  Troy Polamalu is amazing!

Why don't you just....
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #956 on: January 19, 2009, 09:26:11 AM »

You fail to mention the NUMEROUS drops by these 2-bit receivers McNabb has.  The missed throw to Baskett, that's legit.  However, the pass to Lewis way downfield hit his fucking chest!  You're telling me a quality receiver doesn't make that catch?  Bullshit. 

Gilee's post is right on the money.  Perhaps Donovan could play cornerback next time, shutting down Fitzgerald.  There was ownership of this loss by sooo many Eagles yesterday.  Samuel's pass interference of Fitzgerald was pathetic.  The many drops by shitty Eagles receivers did a little bit of damage don't ya think?  How 'bout Baskett slipping and falling with nobody touching him?  Do you think Curtis and Jackson are legit #1 wide receivers???  Also, do you really think Westbrook played like Brian Westbrook yesterday?  He's a soldier.  A wounded soldier.  I preferred Buckhalter's bursts because he's more healthy. 

Akers is a punk, did you see his post-game defensiveness?  He said he didn't want the loss pinned on him.  He should have been a pro and admitted "we all lost, it's a team game, and they were the better team today."  That fucker missed a 47 yarder, I'll let that slide...but the extra point was unacceptable.  The kickoff out of bounds was unacceptable.  I also didn't like the way he walked right past Reid after he fucked up.  Take the heat like a man! 

btw, wtf is with Warner and Roethlisberger?  Grrr.  I hope a backup gets into the game to win it.  Evangelizing from the podium always pisses me off.  Jesus, Allah, Vishnu...I don't think any of them give 2 shits about who wins these games...except for Sandman's higher power...he or she wants McNabb to lose.   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #957 on: January 19, 2009, 10:15:34 AM »

I really hope that this loss to the Arizona Cardinals will mean the end of the road for McNabb in Philadelphia.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #958 on: January 19, 2009, 10:44:08 AM »

See I don't understand people like you, Sandman. You claim to be an Eagles' fan, yet you're always so eager to talk shit about McNabb, as if you want him to fail.

i stopped reading your post right here. go back and read my posts from the last couple days. i clearly stated that i hope mcnabb gets this monkey off his back. so you obviously are not reading my posts if you believe that to be a possibility.

i call a spade a spade.

if you would rather read posts that ignore reality and don't point out the shortcomings and mistakes of the eagles, just skip all my posts.

it's funny, this is like the "gnr" section of this board where you get accused of not being a "true fan" (whatever the fuck that means) for saying anything negative. but as long as we're allowed to give our true opinions on sports, i will. so like i said, just skip my posts.   

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #959 on: January 19, 2009, 10:53:15 AM »

Sandman, I think Gilee's post was pretty damn good...and I'm sure he'd acknowledge you don't want the Eagles to fail. We all know you want the Eagles to win...it's just without fail time in and time out, you pin the blame on #5 when they do lose, that's all. 

btw Drew, yeah, I hope Donovan becomes a Viking next season...but he won't.  He'll be back in Philly.  Oh well.

I'm sure you watched the game and noticed our receivers are not in the same league as Fitz and Boldin, correct?  Curtis and Jackson are #2 receivers...it's frustrating as hell.  Could Carolina afford McNabb and dump Delhomme?  Just wondering.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: