Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:28:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261104 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #920 on: January 18, 2009, 02:00:29 PM »

D!  Stop logging in as Freedom trying to change the subject!  hihi

...besides, everybody knows Norwood could give a crap about the NFC East.  He was trying to sabotage Jim Kelly's HOF aspirations, everybody knows that! 

My questions are still begging to be answered.  Namath, Fouts, Kelly, Moon.  Puh-lease!

I can't wait until Philly pounds the hell out of AZ.  The Steelers game will be amazing...it's all going to be so much fun!  Culminating in Mr. and Mrs. Axl4Prez's annual Super Bowl Pizza feast celebration!  I can't wait!  Eagles-Steelers. 
Go Donovan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, I posted like 20 posts ago where I said I compare Mcnabb more to Jim Kelly. so yeah, he is more on that level.

And U compare elite qb's like Mcnabb to other elite qb's.

guys like Dilfer etc won SB's but it isn't the same them winning and Brady winning.

Even though he has won 4 SB's, I don't consider Terry Bradshaw one of the greatest QB's ever cause for me it was more of the D and running game.

With McNabb, he is PHILLY. Just like the other elite QB's in our discussion.

Its the same in every sport, u compare guys like Kobe Bryant, Lebron James to Micheal Jordan, Magic Johnson etc and they have more to live up to than the Trent Dilfer's of the world.

U look at  Dan Marino. most people will never put him ahead of Joe Montana even though statistically he destroys Montana. why is that? The Super Bowl and Playoffs. Bill Russell has 11 rings with Boston, does anyone think he really could beat Wilt or Shaq in a game of one on one?  but he is still considered the greatest cause of winning.

that is what it comes down to in sports especially when u are a marquee, franchise guy.

I give u that McNabb has better stats than Elway, but on the biggest stages of all, he hasn't delivered like Elway and that is what truly matters in history.

If he wins a superbowl, u can start putting mcnabb in the top 10 qb's of all time discussion. If he doesn't, he won't be.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #921 on: January 18, 2009, 02:03:07 PM »

I am also gonna make a point about Matt Cassel.

When Brady went 16-0 last season in the regular season, he got 6 easy wins cause the AFC East was ridiculously horrible. 2nd best team was the Jets right, and I don't remember the exact figure, but didn't they go 6-10 or maybe worse?

This season, the AFC East was a hell of a lot tougher with the Jets and Dolphins.

Cassel also got no training camp, limited reps during practice. Had he been the starter since training camp, NE probably go 13-3.

Brady is still one of the best of all time, but it does maybe just a bit diminish just a little bit. How many 400 yard games did Cassel have this season?  A BUNCH.

Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #922 on: January 18, 2009, 02:50:34 PM »

I am also gonna make a point about Matt Cassel.

When Brady went 16-0 last season in the regular season, he got 6 easy wins cause the AFC East was ridiculously horrible. 2nd best team was the Jets right, and I don't remember the exact figure, but didn't they go 6-10 or maybe worse?

This season, the AFC East was a hell of a lot tougher with the Jets and Dolphins.

Cassel also got no training camp, limited reps during practice. Had he been the starter since training camp, NE probably go 13-3.

Brady is still one of the best of all time, but it does maybe just a bit diminish just a little bit. How many 400 yard games did Cassel have this season?  A BUNCH.

I think its a testament to Bill Belicheck and the system he has in place. As much as I despise him as a person, the guy is one hell of a coach.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #923 on: January 18, 2009, 04:31:35 PM »

Brady didnt play a snap durring the preseason, Cassle started every Pre Season game and got the majority of the snaps in the regular season. So the only thing he didn't start all year was the KC game. Granted I think he did a great job, but if Brady played the Pats win the Indy and Pitt games and are in the Post Season at 13-3.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #924 on: January 18, 2009, 04:32:02 PM »

Didn't Bradshaw win 4 Super Bowls.....It wasn't all defense and running.  Someone has to take the snap.  Oh there were a couple of wide receivers on those teams but I don't think anyone would remember those names or who threw the ball to them.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 04:34:34 PM by JMack » Logged

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #925 on: January 18, 2009, 04:49:17 PM »

Didn't Bradshaw win 4 Super Bowls.....It wasn't all defense and running.  Someone has to take the snap.  Oh there were a couple of wide receivers on those teams but I don't think anyone would remember those names or who threw the ball to them.

Like we discussed earlier, exactly.  Terry had 2 Hall of Famers (I think?)  John Stallworth and Lynn Swann.  The Steelers were were also the first team big into steroids...hence 4 rings.

D, I am not saying Mcnabb is Top 10 of all time.  You don't have to be Top 10 to be in the HOF.  I'll ask for the 3rd time...Namath (173td, 220int), Fouts (0-2 in AFC Championships and zero Super Bowls), Moon (a CFL HOFer for sure but Canton?), and Kelly.  You said Mcnabb is in Kelly's territory?  Kelly's a HOFer.  Is McNabb not at this level?

COma's right about Cassel.  Come on, to compare him to Brady's insanity.

If only Philly had a #1 receiver.  Sad  Oh, and when I said Philly was gonna pound AZ today, did I forget to mention...in the 2nd half?  hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #926 on: January 18, 2009, 04:53:09 PM »

Quit changing the subject Axl4prez. U have been on here trying to show how McNabb is John Elway.

Who brought Joe Namath up anyway? I've never said anything about those other QB's and I never said McNabb doesn't have a chance at the Hall Of Fame.

All I have said is, that it is ridiculous to even put his name in the same sentence as John Elway

Just look at the game today. How many shitty passes has mcNabb thrown that would've been HUGE plays?

His QB rating is 51.5! That is horrible!

sandman
Legend

« Reply #927 on: January 18, 2009, 05:02:04 PM »

the story of today is "another open receiver for McNabb and another missed opportunity for a big play."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #928 on: January 18, 2009, 05:04:04 PM »

the story of today is "another open receiver for McNabb and another missed opportunity for a big play."

He has made some absolute TERRIBLE throws.

Another thing on McNabb. I lost a Shit ton of respect for him over the T.O. situation.  I don't like his leadership abilities. Do u think a WR would talk shit or act that way if John Elway was his QB? That shit would not happen.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #929 on: January 18, 2009, 05:45:33 PM »

McNabb though, in this second half, I gotta give him his due. He is looking amazing and like a legend

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #930 on: January 18, 2009, 06:00:36 PM »

Why the fuck are Arizona running the ball on 1st and 2nd goal?

If u kick a FG u lose

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #931 on: January 18, 2009, 06:13:39 PM »

Quit changing the subject Axl4prez. U have been on here trying to show how McNabb is John Elway.

Who brought Joe Namath up anyway? I've never said anything about those other QB's and I never said McNabb doesn't have a chance at the Hall Of Fame.

All I have said is, that it is ridiculous to even put his name in the same sentence as John Elway

Just look at the game today. How many shitty passes has mcNabb thrown that would've been HUGE plays?

His QB rating is 51.5! That is horrible!

Incorrect D.  I never said McNabb is better than Elway.  Not once.  I have compared their numbers both total career and in tight games to show you D-Mac is  not a choker.  There goes another drop...this time by Curtis to lose the game.  I thought Baskett's drop was bad enough.

seems to me since this is the 4th time I'm asking you, you acknowledge that McNabb is better than Moon, Namath, and Fouts...all HOF qb's.  Do you agree?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #932 on: January 18, 2009, 06:22:08 PM »

McNabb and the Eagles are going to thump the Cards...and you still won't give McNabb his due.

Oh well!  rofl rofl rofl rofl

Go Cardinals!!!! I love it! Bye Bye McNabb! Go home loser!!!! Woohoo!!!! Yeah baby!!!

beer beer beer beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #933 on: January 18, 2009, 06:26:05 PM »

Aww Drew, you probably had that all cued up!   hihi

Oh well.  I'll be pulling for the AFC in the Super Bowl without a doubt.   ok

Steelers will probably take it, but I've gotta root for Flacco...fellow U. of Delaware alum!   Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #934 on: January 18, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »

Aww Drew, you probably had that all cued up!   :hihi

Yes, I did! You're right!  rofl rofl  Grin

I'm pulling for the Cardinals to win it all!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #935 on: January 18, 2009, 06:32:13 PM »

U posted the article where the guy was comparing McNabb to Elway.

I said it was ridiculous

U post numbers onhow McNabb is as good as Elway even posting situational stats trying to say without really saying that McNabb was even more clutch than Elway.

I never said McNabb wasn't a Hall Of Famer. Im not sure he is a 1st ballot Hall Of Famer but he should get in.

U can blame Curtis on that last drive or u can blame McNabb for overthrowing Deshawn Jackson and all the horrible missed throws he missed in the first half.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #936 on: January 18, 2009, 07:00:20 PM »

U posted the article where the guy was comparing McNabb to Elway.

I said it was ridiculous

U post numbers onhow McNabb is as good as Elway even posting situational stats trying to say without really saying that McNabb was even more clutch than Elway.

I never said McNabb wasn't a Hall Of Famer. Im not sure he is a 1st ballot Hall Of Famer but he should get in.

U can blame Curtis on that last drive or u can blame McNabb for overthrowing Deshawn Jackson and all the horrible missed throws he missed in the first half.

Well, I think we're on the same page then!   peace  Honestly, I think Moon and Namath lowered the bar a bit...Fouts and Kelly I think deserve their places though.

I think the blame for the Eagles loss should be on every single Eagle.  Whenever you give up 32 points...24 in one half...that's ridiculous.  Fitzgerald's a monster, but 3 td's in one half is unacceptable.

by the way D, I didn't post the article comparing McNabb to Elway...I commented on it.  I didn't like the race-based crap in it...they could have made a better point statistically.  That's all I was saying.  I think we're in agreement.   peace

Noooow....Freedom, about that 7-8 post-season record of Peyton Manning's.   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #937 on: January 18, 2009, 07:29:56 PM »

Oh well.  I'll be pulling for the AFC in the Super Bowl without a doubt.   ok

I'm all behind Arizona.

Steelers will probably take it, but I've gotta root for Flacco...fellow U. of Delaware alum!   Smiley

I didn't know Delaware had a university.  hihi

Kidding....kidding.  More an homage to Major League when the woman professes that she didn't know Cleveland still had a team.  rofl  Classic, that is.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #938 on: January 18, 2009, 08:01:24 PM »

^ Ouch Freedom, that hurt!   hihi  Don't worry though, U. of Delaware's up near Wilmington, DE which is like a suburb of Philly.

Down here in Lower Slower Delaware you'd feel right at home!  (it's a lot like a smaller Indiana...at least how I picture Indiana.)

Flacco was a Blue Hen...as was Rich Gannon.  peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #939 on: January 18, 2009, 08:10:30 PM »

People are seriously gonna piss me off if they blame this loss on McNabb, saying he "choked." That's fucking bullshit. Just briefly skimming over the philadelphia eagles message board I'm seeing people make comments about how this was McNabb's last game as an Eagle and saying the Eagles should fire Reid and sign Gruden as the coach and all kinds of retarded ass shit.

McNabb got off to a bad start. He could've had a couple big pass plays to Jackson and Basket (or was it Avant?), but threw the ball at their feet instead of giving them a chance to run after the catch. HOWEVER, once McNabb got on track and started delivering footballs right into the chests of his recievers, all they did was drop them.

But McNabb was brilliant in the second half. He almost threw for 400 yards in this game. People talk about McNabb choking . . . Look at Delhomme last week. He panicked once the Cards got a big lead and ended up throwing 5 TDs and lost a fumble. McNabb remained cool and calm, didn't panic, and he led the Eagles to three straight TD drives. Bottom line is, McNabb did enough to win this game.

It was the Eagles defense that lost this game. Warner and Fitzgerald couldn't be stopped in the first half. I think the Eagles D only had maybe two good series the entire game. McNabb bailed the Eagles out, put them on top, then it was up to the Eagles defense to stop Kurt Warner. Instead they allowed the Cardinals to drive all the way down the field and score a TD, while taking several minutes off the clock.

Akers was off today. He had a kickoff go out of bounds. He missed a FG that was well within his range. And how the hell do you miss an extra point? Just those 4 points there could've changed the game.

McNabb didn't play great on their final drive. He was either over-throwing or throwing behind his recievers. Still, that last pass to Curtis was very catchable, and could've easily been called pass interference. The defender was falling down and reached out and tripped Curtis.

It doesn't matter how badly the defense played, though, nor Akers, nor the receivers and all their dropped passes--- Everyone will place the blame on McNabb, just like always. And I think that's fucking pathetic. He's to blame just like everyone else on the team, but in my mind he played amazing in the second half. He did his job. The defense didn't do theirs.

It's a good thing I don't live in Philly, because if I was to hear a single person call for Kevin Kolb to be the QB of this team next year I'd punch him in his goddamn face. The Eagles have a very good team. They add a few more pieces, they're capable of winning the Superbowl next year. Dawkins, Runyan, and Thomas are the only three key players that might be gone next year. But the Eagles have two first-round picks in the draft. They can get some good players. I'd like to see Dawkins come back, though. He's the heart and soul of this defense.

As long as McNabb is behind center, the Eagles are capable of winning a SB. With Kolb, who the hell knows?? I'd rather have a QB that will get me to the NFC Championship game every year, even if he's only 1-4 there, than a QB who probably won't even make it to the playoffs.

Man, I'm heartbroken, though. Next season seems so far away.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: