Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261449 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #500 on: October 23, 2008, 05:14:13 PM »

Why didn't Brady go to James Andrews?

From what I've heard Brady used a personal/family doctor of his to have the operation done and not the team's official doctor. You can bet with what's going on now that the Patriots aren't happy at all with Brady's choice of doctor.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #501 on: October 23, 2008, 07:01:36 PM »

I would think not.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #502 on: October 23, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »

If I was tech-literate, I'd post a pic of Dr. Nick Riviera.  "Hi everybody!"  (sorry Pats fans)

Seriously, I do feel sorry for Tom.  That sucks.  This isn't about football, it's about health.  I wish him all the best.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #503 on: October 23, 2008, 08:25:51 PM »

Why didn't Brady go to James Andrews?

From what I've heard Brady used a personal/family doctor of his to have the operation done and not the team's official doctor. You can bet with what's going on now that the Patriots aren't happy at all with Brady's choice of doctor.
Who needs Tom Brady anyway?  Matt Cassel was the AFC offensive player of the week for week 7, watch out!

Anyway, the Patriots SAY they aren't upset with Tom.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/10/patriots_releas_3.html

The Patriots released the following statement tonight regarding an ESPN report that the organization was upset with quarterback Tom Brady for choosing to have knee surgery in Los Angeles rather than locally.

"Today, ESPN cited an unnamed source who supposedly expressed the feelings of the Patriots ?organization.? This unsubstantiated report does not represent the team's views whatsoever. We have supported Tom Brady one hundred percent from day one of this process and will continue to do so. We issued a statement last Saturday expressing our complete organizational support for Tom. That support includes all aspects of the process. Unfortunately, our statement was not mentioned or referenced in ESPN?s report. Today, we reiterate our total support for Tom as he recovers from his injury."

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #504 on: October 23, 2008, 09:21:19 PM »

Dude

Matt Cassel still sucks

he played a Denver team that gave up 30+ to the fuckin Chiefs! hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #505 on: October 23, 2008, 09:22:10 PM »

Dude

Matt Cassel still sucks

he played a Denver team that gave up 30+ to the fuckin Chiefs! hihi hihi hihi hihi
I was clearly joking with that comment.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #506 on: October 23, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »

Dude

Matt Cassel still sucks

I was clearly joking with that comment.

I would sure hope so. If you were serious i'd start to worry about you a little.  hihi
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #507 on: October 24, 2008, 04:43:11 AM »

Has Vince Young killed himself yet or what?

That guy turned out to be a bust.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #508 on: October 24, 2008, 01:12:51 PM »

Dude

Matt Cassel still sucks

Watch your tongue! As a lifelong Chiefs fan I am the only one allowed to refer to them as the "fuckin Chiefs" around here.  Wink
And by the way, they are really really bad.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #509 on: October 24, 2008, 05:22:15 PM »

Dude

Matt Cassel still sucks

Watch your tongue! As a lifelong Chiefs fan I am the only one allowed to refer to them as the "fuckin Chiefs" around here.  Wink
And by the way, they are really really bad.

In honor of that old Snickers commercial, I still refer to them as the Chefs.  hihi

I was just reading at profootballtalk.com between 6 and 10 Saints' players tested positive...including Deuce McAlister.
Naughty, naughty, naughty!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #510 on: October 24, 2008, 05:28:21 PM »

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/10/patriots_releas_3.html

The Patriots released the following statement tonight regarding an ESPN report that the organization was upset with quarterback Tom Brady for choosing to have knee surgery in Los Angeles rather than locally.

"Today, ESPN cited an unnamed source who supposedly expressed the feelings of the Patriots ?organization.? This unsubstantiated report does not represent the team's views whatsoever. We have supported Tom Brady one hundred percent from day one of this process and will continue to do so. We issued a statement last Saturday expressing our complete organizational support for Tom. That support includes all aspects of the process. Unfortunately, our statement was not mentioned or referenced in ESPN?s report. Today, we reiterate our total support for Tom as he recovers from his injury."

I wouldn't expect any other kind of response from the Patriots. What are they going to do, blast Brady for his choice publicly? I think not. Just imagine the mudslinging that could ignite between Brady and the organization if the Patriots did indeed call him out for his decision to go with his own choice of surgeon.  They know it's best to just keep their mouths shut if they did have a problem with Brady's decision.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #511 on: October 24, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »

I wouldn't expect any other kind of response from the Patriots. What are they going to do, blast Brady for his choice publicly? I think not. Just imagine the mudslinging that could ignite between Brady and the organization if the Patriots did indeed call him out for his decision to go with his own choice of surgeon.  They know it's best to just keep their mouths shut if they did have a problem with Brady's decision.
Obviously the Pats wouldn't come out and say, ESPN is correct, we are very upset with Tom Brady.  But it's highly possible that ESPN got the story wrong to begin with and nothing like that was ever said.  It's not the first time ESPN has incorrectly reported something, nor will it be the last.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #512 on: October 24, 2008, 06:45:44 PM »

Obviously the Pats wouldn't come out and say, ESPN is correct, we are very upset with Tom Brady.  But it's highly possible that ESPN got the story wrong to begin with and nothing like that was ever said.  It's not the first time ESPN has incorrectly reported something, nor will it be the last.

ESPN sez that Duff McKagan was born in Glasgow, Scotland.

I hate that network with a passion.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #513 on: October 26, 2008, 11:49:24 PM »

and I though the Dallas D was terrible all the time?

Roll Eyes

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #514 on: October 27, 2008, 11:24:11 AM »

They played Tampa

A team with a limited QB and NO wide receivers and average running backs.

just see what ST Louis did last week.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #515 on: October 27, 2008, 07:30:55 PM »

Kudos to Mike Fucking Singletary!  Calling out that punk Vernon Davis...I love it!  He's gonna cut the cancers out!  Swweeeet!  I'm not a Niners fan but goddammit I respect that!  beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #516 on: October 27, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »

All these thugs deserve to be benched.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #517 on: October 27, 2008, 08:34:39 PM »

All these thugs deserve to be benched.

Seriously, ya know what they need to do is re-structure the money distribution...(uh-oh!  Watch out Republicans!  I want to "spread the wealth around!"  hihi)  Seriously, allow the players to keep the same percentage of the pie overall, but get the money to those who produce on the field.  Matt Ryan (not that he's a thug) gets $30 mill. guaranteed before he even throws a ball in a game.  Bullshit.

The NFL is still the best-run major sports league...but it needs work.   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #518 on: October 27, 2008, 09:03:14 PM »

Yeah and we have those 10 guys who were busted for using some stimulants.

The league has taken some hits during Goodell's tenure as commish.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #519 on: October 27, 2008, 09:37:32 PM »

Bad example Axl4prez as Matt Ryan is earning that money. He is helping resurrect that franchise.

Vernon Davis on the other hand and Alex Smith

Fuck, Let me be a GM of an NFL Team. I can do better than those jokes in SF.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: