Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:13:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 261536 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #400 on: September 28, 2008, 06:47:04 PM »

Favre?s 6 TDs lead Jets past Cardinals 56-35

Article here: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=Ala3VFVJq.xND7VGvnDlvF1DubYF?gid=20080928020&prov=ap

I wish Brett could have been on fire like this last week against the Chargers.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #401 on: September 28, 2008, 06:56:56 PM »

He strikes again...admittedly he was one of my favorite refs up till 2 weeks ago....

Hochuli makes another questionable call

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)?Referee Ed Hochuli was at the center of another questionable call Sunday, flagging Julius Peppers for a roughing-the-passer penalty that wiped out Carolina?s interception return for a touchdown in the first quarter against Atlanta.

After Matt Ryan?s pass was intercepted by Richard Marshall, Hochuli threw a flag and announced Peppers made a helmet-to-helmet hit on Ryan. It erased the touchdown and gave the Falcons a first down on a drive that ended with a punt.

Replays showed Peppers made contact as Ryan released the ball, and appeared to hit him first with his shoulder.

?Ed came over and explained to me, he said that I hit him with my helmet,? Peppers said. ?He said I hit him with my helmet in his head and that?s what he called. It wasn?t really roughing, late hit. It was just my helmet hit his helmet, so it was just one of those calls that, you know, player safety is what that was about.

?I?m not trying to hit him with my helmet. I?m not trying to hurt him, but you know, it?s football so I?m going for the tackle so helmets are going to get hit sometimes.?

Fans booed loudly when the play was shown on the video boards at Bank of America Stadium, and Carolina coach John Fox said after the game that was the only footage he?d seen of the play.

?I can?t comment, No. 1. But No. 2, I didn?t really see it,? Fox said. ?I saw the replay, and I wasn?t real fond of it then.?

Two weeks ago, Hochuli?s missed call helped Denver?s comeback 39-38 win over San Diego.

Denver quarterback Jay Cutler dropped back to pass, the ball slipped from his hand and a San Diego player recovered. But Hochuli, who has refereed two Super Bowls, ruled it an incomplete pass. He later admitted it was the wrong call.

Denver retained possession, scored a touchdown and then won with a successful 2-point conversion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-hochulicall&prov=ap&type=lgns

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #402 on: September 28, 2008, 07:32:42 PM »

Article here: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=Ala3VFVJq.xND7VGvnDlvF1DubYF?gid=20080928020&prov=ap

That performance was amazing. One thing I don't understand though is why the Jets like wearing those old Titans throwback uniforms  Huh

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #403 on: September 28, 2008, 08:21:51 PM »

That performance was amazing. One thing I don't understand though is why the Jets like wearing those old Titans throwback uniforms  Huh

Classic!  Last year McNabb lit it up wearing light blue and yellow throwback stuff for the Eagles.  There must be something about wearing weird uniforms and qb's throwing 5 or more touchdowns!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #404 on: September 28, 2008, 08:24:59 PM »

Ive never seen so many horrible calls in my life in the Dallas/Washington game.

I think the refs gave a little payback to Jerry Jones for calling out Hochuli.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #405 on: September 28, 2008, 10:19:11 PM »

Classic!  Last year McNabb lit it up wearing light blue and yellow throwback stuff for the Eagles.  There must be something about wearing weird uniforms and qb's throwing 5 or more touchdowns!   hihi

When I first saw the Titans jerseys I thought the Jets were honoring East Rutherford High School or something...awful!  hihi

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #406 on: September 29, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »

One thing I don't understand though is why the Jets like wearing those old Titans throwback uniforms  Huh

Those throwback jersey are so ugly!

Very happy to see the Eagles lose these past two weeks! And T.O. is back to his whining bitch self again for the Cowboys. Who would have ever though that?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #407 on: September 29, 2008, 07:15:59 PM »

One thing I don't understand though is why the Jets like wearing those old Titans throwback uniforms  Huh

Very happy to see the Eagles lose these past two weeks! And T.O. is back to his whining bitch self again for the Cowboys. Who would have ever though that?

Um, the Eagles didn't lose last week. They beat the Steelers. That was a frustrating loss last night, though. Horrible play-calling there at the end. The Eagles hadn't been able to run all night, they're without superstar Brian Westbrook, without Pro Bowl guard Shawn Andrews, and without starting TE L.J. Smith (he hasn't done much catching the ball, but he does a good job blocking), and yet they run it 4 straight times. McNabb should've had the ball in that situation, but Buckhalter.

And I think that's hilarious about Terrell Owens. Everybody had been saying "Oh, T.O. has matured, he puts the team before himself, blah blah blah . . ." They lose one game, he already bitches about not getting the ball enough. I think they said on ESPN he was thrown to like 17 times; plus he had 2 or 3 carries. A third of their offensive plays went toward him getting the ball, and yet he didn't get the ball enough; that's why they lost.  rofl  I hope the Cowboys lose a few more games and T.O. throws Romo under the bus like he did McNabb.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #408 on: September 29, 2008, 07:26:07 PM »

I for one think Jason Garrett is a SHITTY offensive coordinator. Dude is so predictable and is why we went to shit late last season and lost in the playoffs.

he is predictable as hell

every play is predictable.

Its like TO never runs slants over the middle anymore.

Jason Witten runs outs, In's or Posts everytime

T.O runs a GO, a post or a comeback

Crayton is lucky he can chew gum and walk

Barber gets predictable carries in predictable situations.
only 8 carries for my man Marion the Barbarian. What the hell can u do with 8 carries?

No touches for Felix Jones.

Ridiculous.

And our Defense SUCKS

I don't understand why people are still dead set on the 3-4 defense.

if u dont have a 350 pound NT and an amazing MLB, U shouldn't play 3-4.

If Dallas would switch to a 4-3, u would have Jay Ratliff and Tank Johnson playing side by side and then the LB corps would be stronger.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #409 on: September 29, 2008, 08:18:59 PM »

Um, the Eagles didn't lose last week. They beat the Steelers. That was a frustrating loss last night, though. Horrible play-calling there at the end. The Eagles hadn't been able to run all night, they're without superstar Brian Westbrook, without Pro Bowl guard Shawn Andrews, and without starting TE L.J. Smith (he hasn't done much catching the ball, but he does a good job blocking), and yet they run it 4 straight times. McNabb should've had the ball in that situation, but Buckhalter.

And I think that's hilarious about Terrell Owens. Everybody had been saying "Oh, T.O. has matured, he puts the team before himself, blah blah blah . . ." They lose one game, he already bitches about not getting the ball enough. I think they said on ESPN he was thrown to like 17 times; plus he had 2 or 3 carries. A third of their offensive plays went toward him getting the ball, and yet he didn't get the ball enough; that's why they lost.  rofl  I hope the Cowboys lose a few more games and T.O. throws Romo under the bus like he did McNabb.
But "that's his quarterback!" Cry

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #410 on: September 29, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »

But "that's his quarterback!" Cry

LOL.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #411 on: September 30, 2008, 05:13:47 PM »

Um, the Eagles didn't lose last week. They beat the Steelers.

Your exactly right. I was focused on the Eagles losing to the Cowboys and forgot all about the Steelers. But nonetheless, I love to see McNabb getting beat.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #412 on: September 30, 2008, 05:27:07 PM »

TO Don't realize that he will get more catches IN THE OFFENSE

they threw him at on 20 of 63 plays! Thats ridicuous

Marion The Barbarian gets 8 carries and Jones gets ZERO

NO wonder we lost.

Tony Romo sucks.

I don't trust this guy at all. He always FUCKS UP.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #413 on: October 01, 2008, 12:00:16 AM »

D, Drew, Axl4Prez2004 and Martin Crane's Crane have won as many playoff games as Tony Romo.

Dude just sucks.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #414 on: October 01, 2008, 01:46:20 PM »

Ive never seen so many horrible calls in my life in the Dallas/Washington game.

I think the refs gave a little payback to Jerry Jones for calling out Hochuli.

Amen to that.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #415 on: October 01, 2008, 06:49:59 PM »

D, Drew, Axl4Prez2004 and Martin Crane's Crane have won as many playoff games as Tony Romo.

Dude just sucks.

As a Vikings' fan, the LAST person I can say that sucks is a quarterback...any quarterback, that isn't a 2008 Viking.  hihi
Tarvaris?  Gus??  What the fuck!?!? 
I'd take Romo as my starting quarterback any day!   crying

D made great points.  Barber with 8 carries?  Felix with none?  That's crazy.  If I was the Cowboys' coach, I'd utilize Felix Jones a lot more right now.  I'd split carries almost evenly in the 1st half, and have the classic Marion "kick the shit out of the tired defense" Barber fresh for the 2nd half finish.  They did it with Julius Jones to a certain extent last season...and everybody here knows how much I dislike Jones' running style...so Felix would be an improvement in my eyes.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #416 on: October 04, 2008, 11:22:37 AM »

I wonder if they are having second thoughts about getting rid of Favre....

Packers will make game-time decision on Rodgers

Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Whether Green Bay Packers starting quarterback Aaron Rodgers plays Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons at Lambeau Field will be a game-time decision.

"Honestly," Rodgers said Friday, "I don't know."

Rodgers, who dislocated his right (throwing) shoulder when he was tackled from behind while stretching for a first down during a third-quarter scramble against Tampa Bay last Sunday, threw for the first time all week on Friday.

"He has 48 hours," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said after practice ended around 12:15 p.m. "Tomorrow morning, how he feels will be a pretty good indicator. And we'll probably work him out before Sunday's game to see exactly where we're at before we make a decision.

"You hand in the inactives at 10:30 (a.m. Sunday), and I'm sure we'll make our decision close to then."

After a few prepractice warm-up tosses with strength and conditioning coordinator Rock Gullickson, Rodgers took the first eight snaps of the jog-through session at the beginning of practice, softly throwing the ball on five of them. Rodgers then watched from behind and talked with McCarthy while rookie backup Matt Flynn took the final 15 snaps of the period.

"That was more of a warm-up. And he needed to get the mental preparation," McCarthy said. "There (are) a number of things we felt he needed to see, along with getting Matt Flynn ready."

While practice continued, Rodgers went inside the Don Hutson Center with athletic trainers Bryan "Flea" Engel and Nate Weir for a throwing session. McCarthy stayed at practice and did not watch Rodgers throw. Rodgers then went up to the stadium for treatment and rehabilitation work.

"It wasn't much," Rodgers said of the throwing session. "The strength around (the shoulder) is fine. It's going to be a matter of can I make the throws I need to make? The pain, that's something I can deal with.

"I'm not going to guess. I'm just going to rehab and get ready for Sunday."

Rodgers, who suffered a season-ending broken foot in 2006 and a torn hamstring that sidelined him late last season, said earlier this week he'd be willing to take a pain-killing injection in the shoulder if necessary.

"It's definitely a different situation not practicing all week," Rodgers admitted. "I feel confident in the game plan, confident in my film study and preparation. It's all about executing the scheme and it's all about how I feel on Sunday."
Week 5 injury report
Rodgers' injured shoulder makes him questionable for the Packers' matchup with the Falcons. He's not the only player banged up around the league. Get all the latest injury news right here. More ...

If Rodgers doesn't start, he'll be the emergency No. 3 quarterback behind Flynn and fellow rookie Brian Brohm, McCarthy said.

"I think how he feels tomorrow and how he does Sunday before the game will be strong indicators," McCarthy said. "I'm preparing to go either way."

Asked if he would be more inclined to play it safe and sit Rodgers if he had a veteran backup, McCarthy replied, "We don't have a veteran backup, so our quarterback structure is exactly what we've talked about. Matt Flynn is the No. 2 and Brian is right behind him, so that's my focus."

Flynn took the uncertainty in stride.

"I feel like it was a good practice week for me. I feel very comfortable out there," Flynn said. "I just go into it as preparing to play and if Aaron goes, then that's great for this team. But if he doesn't, and I get an opportunity to go, I'm going to do my best for there not to be a dropoff."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b551dd&template=with-video&confirm=true

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #417 on: October 04, 2008, 03:34:55 PM »

It also sucks for any fantasy leagues who have Rodgers as their quarterback. Should they start Rodgers or play the backup?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #418 on: October 04, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »

It also sucks for any fantasy leagues who have Rodgers as their quarterback. Should they start Rodgers or play the backup?

tell me about it!  nervous

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #419 on: October 04, 2008, 04:41:07 PM »

The only way Id start Rodgers is if I have NO backup.

He has a shoulder injury, so just look at Roethlisberger and how shitty he has thrown the ball for the most part.

Rodgers is OUT I'd imagine.

Go with your backup

UNLESS u are playing me and then by all means start Rodgers!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: