Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:20:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Axl4Prez pulls a Jolie. :(
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl4Prez pulls a Jolie. :(  (Read 8443 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 08:22:17 PM »

rofl  rofl  rofl  Oh my god, that reminded me of a Lifetime movie I once watched starring Gerald McRaney (of Simon and Simon fame...he was the first Simon...or was it the 2nd one?) anyway, and Judith Light (of Who's the Boss fame, she had shoulder pads in every one of her blazers about as big as an NFL cornerback's)  anywhoo, you guessed it, she was kickin' the crap out of him in the movie.  It was probably the one movie on Lifetime that had a good guy and a bad woman.  hihi

I'm typing this on my lap-top huddled in the shower...she won't find me here...what? NO,  Shocked don't turn the water on, my compute

Domestic violence reminds me of EVERY Lifetime movie I've watched.  rofl

That's sort of true...I haven't watched any Lifetime movies, but they do have a reputation of the "woman gets beat and then gets vengeance/justice/divorced & the kids n' house" movie network.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »

Man, with that explaination of what happened, I would have thought a stroke  nervous  Then again, I always think stroke cuz I took care of a father-in-law who was prone to them.

Awesome that you can joke about it, though.  IMO that's the best way to deal with this kinda stress Wink 

I need to get more knick-knacks...I don't have any in the bathroom, what happens if I fall down???  drool

As a chick it is your womanly duty to put up absolutely non-functional knick-knacks!  Guys don't do this.  I'm glad I'm married.  hihi

and yeah, if I don't laugh, I'll cry.  Wink 

I do work in the healthcare field so I knew it wasn't a stroke after a couple of the tests I went through.  The scariest shit is lying down on the floor in pain with your hands curled up and seeing your wife and kids dashing about calling 911.  Oh yeah, Kevin Everett of the Buffalo Bills went through my head.  He was paralyzed this past season in a football game.  The waiting is so horrible, but I must say, I was picked up by paramedics at 6:30, got to the hospital by 7, and as I was walking out the door at 11:08 I thought that wasn't so bad.  ER wait times can be horrendous. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 08:40:37 PM »

I do work in the healthcare field so I knew it wasn't a stroke after a couple of the tests I went through.  The scariest shit is lying down on the floor in pain with your hands curled up and seeing your wife and kids dashing about calling 911.  Oh yeah, Kevin Everett of the Buffalo Bills went through my head.  He was paralyzed this past season in a football game.  The waiting is so horrible, but I must say, I was picked up by paramedics at 6:30, got to the hospital by 7, and as I was walking out the door at 11:08 I thought that wasn't so bad.  ER wait times can be horrendous. 

Wait 'til you get the bill.  crying

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 01:02:21 AM »

I do work in the healthcare field so I knew it wasn't a stroke after a couple of the tests I went through.  The scariest shit is lying down on the floor in pain with your hands curled up and seeing your wife and kids dashing about calling 911. 

Dropped my second motorcycle about 18 yrs ago and went through the same process. I remember all the ER staff telling me how fortunate I was, as I walked out to my parents car that night. Of course at that age, I was too young and cocky to take it all in. I count my lucky stars every time I think about it now.

Wait 'til you get the bill.  crying

Yea, that's when paralysis really sets in.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 01:04:04 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 01:05:13 AM »

Glad you're ok.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 10:03:27 PM »

As someone already said, I seriously believed you adopted a bunch of foreign kids from underdeveloped countries before I opened this thread!

Don't work when you are sick!  Your body needs rest to rejuvinate!!!!!!!!

Feel better!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008, 10:47:08 PM »

Hello Folks,

I've been feeling horrible and run-down the past 3 or 4 days.  I woke up this morning at 6:20, took my temperature of 101, sat up, walked 20 feet to the bathroom, took a leak...and the next thing I know I am on the floor in pain moaning.  Apparently, I blacked out and my wife came running in with our 2 year old (who also happens to be sick), and I shit you not, my wrists were locked into flexion, both of them.  Think Damon Wayans' In Living Color superhero character HandyMan.  My legs and feet were numb with pins and needles as were both of my arms, hands, fingers as well as part of my face.  I was scared out of my mind I broke my neck, or at least bruised my spinal cord. 

The CT scan was negative, but let me tell you, 4 hours in the emergency room with the immobilizing neck brace is a scary, scary, and uncomfortable ordeal.  My wife and 2 great kids were there for me and I'm happy to tell ya'll I'm okay.
My wife asked me what year it was and I told her 2008...she told me no, it's 2010 and Hillary Clinton is president!   hihi
Laughter is incredible medicine.  Seriously, I was so f'ing thirsty but until cervical fracture was ruled out, I couldn't drink anything.  My wife held my hand as I'm a little doped up right now, and all I wanted was a slurpee.  I got 2 22 ounce slurpees and they were soooooo good! 

btw, I mentioned Jolie, because as we were waiting for the prescriptions at the drug store, there was a magazine with the headline Jolie Collapses.  Well, I pulled a Jolie.  I hope she's all right. 

also, I'm a lucky guy.  just thought I'd share.  I really thought I could either die or be paralyzed.  I did some whistling for the kids when I said I want to be..............and yes, I whistled the melody to Better.  What can I say, I love GNR, and yes, my 4 1/2 year old boy knew what I was whistling, BETTER!   love

God dammit, if I die before this album comes out I will be sooo pissed!  Be careful out there folks.  Don't work too hard, especially when you are sick.  I should have known....better.  Wink

I thought u were gonna say u adopted a kid............ hihi hihi hihi hihi

I hope u get better.

Im gonna send u a month supply of Depends so u dont have to get out of bed. ok ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »

No, no adopted kids from foreign countries.  But I am paying into the 9 billion dollars per month going towards re-building Iraq with my taxes!  hihi

Thanks for all the support gang.   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2008, 11:46:39 AM »

Axl4Prez2004

beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 03:39:31 PM »

I know I am responding late, but did they check you for auto immune disease - like do blood work - check ANA, ESR, etc? I am going through medical shit right now - no one can tell me what is up but they are scaring the shit out of me for the things they are testing me for - carcinoid cancer, auto immune, lung disease, etc. I have a tumor on my pituitary gland discovered when I had my second daughter and that is the last thing I'm going to check but the stupid tests take time - any how, I have been reading a ton and I remember you telling me about your son with the chronic ear infections - I'm not trying to scare you but sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands when it comes to doctors - just wondering if they did those tests or said, oh, it's just the flu - and believe me, my daughter at 18 months had the flu, temp shot to 107 and she had a febrile seizure from her body getting so hot. But all of this is not really normal so whatever I find for me, I'm going to have my girls checked too. Go to WebMD or Mayo Clinic and play with the symptom checker but don't freak out cause one symptom can be a part of every disease. Did you ever find out what was wrong?

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 06:29:39 PM »

I know I am responding late, but did they check you for auto immune disease - like do blood work - check ANA, ESR, etc? I am going through medical shit right now - no one can tell me what is up but they are scaring the shit out of me for the things they are testing me for - carcinoid cancer, auto immune, lung disease, etc. I have a tumor on my pituitary gland discovered when I had my second daughter and that is the last thing I'm going to check but the stupid tests take time - any how, I have been reading a ton and I remember you telling me about your son with the chronic ear infections - I'm not trying to scare you but sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands when it comes to doctors - just wondering if they did those tests or said, oh, it's just the flu - and believe me, my daughter at 18 months had the flu, temp shot to 107 and she had a febrile seizure from her body getting so hot. But all of this is not really normal so whatever I find for me, I'm going to have my girls checked too. Go to WebMD or Mayo Clinic and play with the symptom checker but don't freak out cause one symptom can be a part of every disease. Did you ever find out what was wrong?

I do appreciate the concern CrazyCheryl.  The most important thing to check was my cervical spine and the CT scan confirmed all was good. 

I know it sounds crazy (trust me, it freaked the hell outta me) but the combination of having been sick for 3 days (fever around 101 but at times above 102.5, sore throat, etc.) and working through the illness when I shouldn't have been, not taking the time even at home to lie down and rest as I was either helping around the house or playing with the fam., all this coupled with just having woken up with a 101 degree fever and standing up to go urinate...it was a perfect storm for a hypotensive collapse.
I was tested for the flu and strep, both negative.  I think it was a really bad cold.

Otherwise, (not to jinx myself) I'm in excellent shape.  I did a half-ironman triathlon in June and aside from a knee injury that's limited my athletic activities the past bunch o' months, things are great.

btw, it wasn't ear infections with my son, it was strep throat.  Medically, one of the greatest bangs for our buck came with his tonsilectomy/adenoidectomy.  And yes, we had to take the reins on that one.  As I remember it, we were pretty much at our wits end with some scary croup ordeals.  Believe it or not, the pediatrician never once (and we'd been to every doc in the practice at one time or another for well-checks or strep, etc.), not once did they bring up tonsillectomy.  Anyway, all is well now.  That's what matters.  Smiley

Jesus Christ, your daughters' fever shot to 107!?  Holy fuck!  I know it's hindsight now, but did she have her flu shot earlier in the flu season?  Just curious.  If they are still little, make sure they get that flu shot. 

Last bit o' advice is for you to keep an eye on that pituitary.  You're lucky to have found it early I'd imagine.  Early detection is great just in case it's cancer, which I hope it isn't.  Peace!   peace 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »

One thing - I am a hypochondriac so my girls get the flu shot every year. Seriously. I don't mess around with the kids. I'm kind of pissed about the pituitary thing because at the time the endocrinologist said my symptoms were a result of smoking pot - I've searched all over the internet for effects and have never found prolactonoma as a system. That was how they found it. So, I quit smoking for a month and the breast milk dried up mostly - still a little was evident. But they decided to watch it for a year and my labs came back normal so they never did anything. I've got my final tests with my regular doc and if these tests produce nothing, then I'm going back to the endocrinologist and just ask them to take the damn thing out. My stress level is way over the top. And it isn't helping.

Thanks dude! I wish I had your motivation - damn a triathelon? Damn.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 05:01:54 AM »

Glad you are ok Prez.

Dont push yourself too hard and stay healthy  ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2008, 05:07:58 AM »

One thing - I am a hypochondriac so my girls get the flu shot every year. Seriously. I don't mess around with the kids. I'm kind of pissed about the pituitary thing because at the time the endocrinologist said my symptoms were a result of smoking pot - I've searched all over the internet for effects and have never found prolactonoma as a system. That was how they found it. So, I quit smoking for a month and the breast milk dried up mostly - still a little was evident. But they decided to watch it for a year and my labs came back normal so they never did anything. I've got my final tests with my regular doc and if these tests produce nothing, then I'm going back to the endocrinologist and just ask them to take the damn thing out. My stress level is way over the top. And it isn't helping.

Livin without a pituatary gland would be extremely difficult. All the hormone shots u would have to take etc. Wouldn't be good.

Glad u are ok Axl4prez.  What are u gonna do about that knee?  Will rest fix it up or is surgery an option?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 04:29:08 PM »

Livin without a pituatary gland would be extremely difficult. All the hormone shots u would have to take etc. Wouldn't be good.

Glad u are ok Axl4prez.  What are u gonna do about that knee?  Will rest fix it up or is surgery an option?

I would only tell them to take the tumor off. But, I remember reading somewhere that if they remove the tumor or actual gland, some people feel awesome and they don't have all the hormones effecting their bodies. Don't remember if it's the tumor or the gland.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008, 08:53:15 PM »

I know it doesn't have anything to do with the thread topic, but yeah, like D's said, my knee's been giving me fits.  2008 was going to be the year.  June, '07 I completed the 70.3 mile half-iron triathlon, and the full iron 140.6 in '08 was the big goal.  Unfortunately, I've been battling a knee injury since September, '07.  The good news D, I'm treating the injury with a new technique...exercise bike last night to plenty o' GNR and today a short 3 miler...so far no pain as a result.  I'll keep ya posted.

By the way, thank you to the GNR community for the well-wishes!!! 

Cheryl, go get that thing taken care of.  We've got an album and concerts to rock out to coming soon.  We all want ya around to enjoy it!!!   beer   

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: