Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:31:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?  (Read 45117 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2008, 12:53:44 PM »

in short you're trying to prove the rumour is bs?

I think any deal takes give and take.

and even in everyday life, when you do a favour for someone, you're more likely to get a return favour next time than when you don't. (I personally don't expect it tho.)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 12:59:49 PM by ppbebe » Logged
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2008, 07:45:19 PM »

That would never happen, using 2008 band members to front 80s or 90s recordings. That would be very wrong.
I'm deff on side of the people who think the 2008 line up should front new original music, which is a good thing.

they should front GUNS N ROSES music, new and old.

The 2008 band playing AFD, UYI era GN'R music *live* is fine (kinda interesting) by me  peace
To do so will always be viewed as *covering* by many, which it is. Playing new original music will/should gain respect, as from what I/we have heard of the new material so far, is good stuff. It represents a new direction.

just wish that new direction would be released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i need CD before i die

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #182 on: February 29, 2008, 08:12:21 AM »

in short you're trying to prove the rumour is bs?

I think any deal takes give and take.

and even in everyday life, when you do a favour for someone, you're more likely to get a return favour next time than when you don't. (I personally don't expect it tho.)

No, I'm not trying to PROVE anything.

I'm trying to demonstrate why I think it's unlikely.

And in business, ultimately "give and take" is modified by "benefit of compromise" and "length of negotiation".

In other words: If you feel you have to give too much, or it takes too long to reach agreeable terms, then the deal quickly loses value.

And the use of WTTJ, Paradise City, SCOM...none of them were "favors".  They were negotiated business deals.  There is a HUGE difference.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #183 on: February 29, 2008, 10:20:44 AM »

more like the approval for it than the use of them.

no one is worrying about whether GH gnr is likely or not at the moment. time will tell. if not now it can happen someday. basically this is not a gamers board for the people that can't wait for the game.

from fans point of view, if soon, it should introduces the band  that made cd to the masses, as cd's finished. it's not a time for a game on good old days.

you're right games are not a fan circle jerk. the majority of gamers aren't die hard GNR fans. they don't know who plays what solo, who were in/who are in, don't care who wrote what, as far as the game is good. for that reason gh would be a good idea all the more.
Rock band is also fine.

otherwise, I'd love something like 'final fantasy : Chinese democracy' with several cd tracks and the orchestral versions of them.  the GNR members would make great ff characters.
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #184 on: February 29, 2008, 05:13:08 PM »

Where did you draw the line? When did GNR become a different band?

As far as I'm concerned, as long as Axl is singing it's GnR, period and I know many agree. Of course many others disagree and will say, yeah but Slash/Duff/blablabla wrote those songs too!... whatever man, take away Axl's vocals and singing melodies from those songs an all you have is just average 80's rocksongs with a few nice riffs here and there, which sound like they stole from some old hardrockband and altered it a bit. Same goes for the new songs btw.

Axl makes songs sound much better than they are. No I am not a an Axl fanboy, just a casual listener to GnR, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Rainbow, Soundgarden. Of course die-hard fans wil totally disagree with what I say, which is fine.

This signature is very funny.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2008, 07:44:52 AM »

I saw something about the Aerosmith game that said it will feature Aerosmith tracks plus tracks by artists who were influenced by Aerosmith.

Any chance of Back in the Saddle by Baz/Axl being included maybe?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #186 on: March 03, 2008, 04:37:15 PM »

Where did you draw the line? When did GNR become a different band?

As far as I'm concerned, as long as Axl is singing it's GnR, period and I know many agree. Of course many others disagree and will say, yeah but Slash/Duff/blablabla wrote those songs too!... whatever man, take away Axl's vocals and singing melodies from those songs an all you have is just average 80's rocksongs with a few nice riffs here and there, which sound like they stole from some old hardrockband and altered it a bit. Same goes for the new songs btw.

Axl makes songs sound much better than they are. No I am not a an Axl fanboy, just a casual listener to GnR, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Rainbow, Soundgarden. Of course die-hard fans wil totally disagree with what I say, which is fine.

You're right you aren't an Axl fanboy
You're an idiot.

Take any aspect of the song away and it looses value , thats like saying It's only GN'R if Slash is playing , take away his solo and all you have is blah blah blah. Each current and former member of the band ( with the exception of maybe Gilby ) has contributed a large part to what GN'R once was and is today. It is down right stupid to think Axl=GN'R.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2008, 06:28:37 PM »

Keep it up, second ban for you coming up really soon...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2008, 06:35:28 PM »

IF they did a GuitarHero GNR

It would be the old members seeing as they wrote the songs.

U of course arent gonna get a Guitar Hero Guns N Roses however.

When it comes to Guitar Hero, Axl wouldn't factor into it, since its GUITAR HERO.

Would be kind of weird having a guy on the box who didnt write the guitar part dont ya think?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 06:38:45 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2008, 06:38:59 PM »

You mean just like Dizzy, Gilby and Matt were featured in the GN'R pinball?

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2008, 06:39:40 PM »

Keep it up, second ban for you coming up really soon...

/jarmo

How was that bad in anyway?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2008, 06:41:49 PM »

You mean just like Dizzy, Gilby and Matt were featured in the GN'R pinball?

Tongue

/jarmo

IF CD is out, then yeah u could have a great mix of all of them.

But imagine a GuitarHero Guns N Roses box with Robin Finck on it and the songs are WTTJ,SCOM,PC etc

Robin seems to be a guy of integrity and individualism, So Im pretty sure even HE wouldn't go a long with something like that.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #192 on: March 03, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »

How was that bad in anyway?

You're insulting other posters.

IF CD is out, then yeah u could have a great mix of all of them.

But imagine a GuitarHero Guns N Roses box with Robin Finck on it and the songs are WTTJ,SCOM,PC etc

Robin seems to be a guy of integrity and individualism, So Im pretty sure even HE wouldn't go a long with something like that.

You don't seem to get it so I'll spell it out for you.

The GN'R pinball machine featured music that had nothing to do with Gilby. Yet his face was on the game along with Dizzy and Matt.

Those guys were the ones in the band at the time of the game being produced.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #193 on: March 03, 2008, 06:49:06 PM »

thats different though Jarmo

This is Guitar hero which focuses on "THE MUSIC"

If a guy didnt write the music, I don't see how they'd even want to be on the box like they did.

Would the box include the old members and the new members?

Or just the new members?

Cause Guitar Hero is about the "Guitar Playing"

So u really think Robin would be on a box for a game he had nothing to do with the creation of?

Pinball is totally different because it has nothing to do with the music, so they can be featured on a box as a band.

When it comes to all time legendary riffs and solos, They didnt write them so Im sure they wouldnt want to be on a box like they did.

If the game includes New songs, then sure they should be on the box. If its only a game though that features Old GNR songs, I dont see it.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #194 on: March 03, 2008, 06:50:34 PM »

they also probably had zero say in the fact their faces names were being used on the game....

in anycase, this reeks of double standards. One minute we have to disown the past members and let them do their thing as they "ain't in GnR". The next minute we're supposed to be open to the NEW band fronting OLD material???

as i always, i will state the fact that i don't prefer one line-up over the other, before i'm called a "hater" or whatever....

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2008, 06:52:51 PM »

I dont even like saying Old GNR vs New GNR

Doing that acknowledges GNR as two seperate bands.

If Guns N Roses are an ever evolving band as Axl says, Then it should just be Guns N Roses. U have the Slash,Duff,Izzy,Steven Era

U have the Illusion Era and now u have the Chinese Democracy Era

So basically, the game would come from the early era of GNR so it should feature the early era members.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »

Stop obsessing about the people/names.

If there's a GUNS N' ROSES video game released, I wouldn't be surprised if it would be about the current band since Axl owns the name.

Why do you think the former members would let their names be used to promote GN'R?

Obviously the only thing that would be certain is that the game would contain GN'R songs. Just like the pinball.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2008, 07:03:36 PM »

Stop obsessing about the people/names.

If there's a GUNS N' ROSES video game released, I wouldn't be surprised if it would be about the current band since Axl owns the name.

Why do you think the former members would let their names be used to promote GN'R?

Obviously the only thing that would be certain is that the game would contain GN'R songs. Just like the pinball.

/jarmo

Its not really a big deal seeing as in the game u only hear the song, It isnt like they have a big pic of the band playing it anyway.

Id say for the game cover it would be a logo kind of deal anyway.

Why the fuck are we all arguing over something that isnt even happening? hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »

Why the fuck are we all arguing over something that isnt even happening? hihi

I guess because you want everybody to know what a great GN'R supporter you are?

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2008, 11:41:18 PM »

I am a GNR supporter but if u are putting AFD songs on a game, I can't see how u can justify putting guys that didnt create it on there.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: