Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:53:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?  (Read 45148 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2008, 12:27:22 AM »

I like how some people think that Guns N' Roses demo's are nothing !!! its gonna be on the album there will be a album and when the album comes out it will be a good album guitar hero or no guitar hero Guns N' Roses are just starting so get your popcorn ready.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2008, 12:43:59 AM »

obviously i'm dwelling on the past...
Well at least you admit you have a problem.

imo AFD is one of the greatest albums ever.  i'm not going to completely shelve it for some promising leaked demos.. or live bootlegs
I'm not saying you should sheleve AFD.  It is one of the greatest albums of all time, i don't think anyone here would dispute that.   But the trolling for ex-members in the GnR section is really tiring after coming to these boards all these years because we are positive about the current lineup.

edit: i'm just really really really tired of "fans" belittling the guys in the band now simply because they are the guys who replaced their favorite former member.   all these years later its time to finally move on.

Some people are really going to be devastated when their first wife leaves them. I hope they get over it; especially when they find out she is doing their friend.
yea dude the way some of these people dwell on 15 years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them got suicidal over something life-changing like that.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2008, 02:56:22 AM »

all i'm trying to say is that it is totally ridiculous to suggest that if there is video game featuring most of the guns catalog..  it should feature the new band.  if it was a new way to release the album.. and it was only new material.. then sure.. slash and company have no business in the game.. but if it were some thing revolving around afd and the illusions.. the fink and bumble foot deserve to be in the game as much as i do.   like i've said initially.. i think the coolest idea would be to have everyone in the game.. and let you pick who you want to play with.. even have some wardrobed  choices.. goth fink/ current fink.. axl in a kilt/ braided axl ect...  i don't think thats taking away from the new guys in any way.. its just an accurate illustration of the band... it might even be a good way to introduce the new members..  none of this will ever happen.. but in these silent slow times for GNR i've managed to really amuse myself with this thread

I hear you, and i agree about the cool idea...

But the thing is when you say if they made a game with old material "then fink and bumblefoot deserve to be in the game as much as i do" -- that's not true. Did they write it? No. But they are in GNR, and you don't get on stage with Axl Rose and play those songs.
Sure it'd be cool to see a game where you start with Slash and Izzy then move to Gilby and eventually Fink and Bumble or whatever, yeah... but from here on i expect anything new that is released by GNR to involve the lineup of GNR, not the former lineup.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2008, 03:00:21 AM »

but from here on i expect anything new that is released by GNR to involve the lineup of GNR, not the former lineup.

thats exactly what I mean.  The guys in the band now are Guns N' Roses, they should feature on any GnR related release that comes out now.     When MTV did that Metallica Icon thing a few years back, they didn't Jason there, they brought the new guy on.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2008, 03:09:40 AM »

edit: i'm just really really really tired of "fans" belittling the guys in the band now simply because they are the guys who replaced their favorite former member.   all these years later its time to finally move on.

Some people are really going to be devastated when their first wife leaves them. I hope they get over it; especially when they find out she is doing their friend.

yeah, but i have heard that if you do get over it ,buy the third wife you really have thing down.

Usually by the third, they don't care as much when they catch you doing their friend ... hell, it's just sex; It doesn't mean anything.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2008, 06:53:07 AM »

I am pretty sure Metallica is exclusive with Rock Band now and that their next single is to debut via download on Rock Band, so I don't believe this rumour at all.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2008, 08:14:17 AM »

Huh whose cover version of scom? that sitar one or the country one?

Neither.  It was a cover version done by the in-house band, put together by the developer, used to do most of the music in Guitar Hero 2.  Most of the tracks in GH2 were covers by that band.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2008, 09:41:45 AM »

well then, what about the old master of WTTJ on a same game with that? wouldn't it likely to be also a cover?

and when everysong is to be a cover by the Gh in-house band, do the formers still have their says in what version, what characters?
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2008, 11:00:35 AM »

but from here on i expect anything new that is released by GNR to involve the lineup of GNR, not the former lineup.

thats exactly what I mean.  The guys in the band now are Guns N' Roses, they should feature on any GnR related release that comes out now.     When MTV did that Metallica Icon thing a few years back, they didn't Jason there, they brought the new guy on.

I dont agree. I think any thing coming out featuring NEW music should be the NEW guys. But the classics have nothing to do with these guys. Maybe you and I should join gnr, would we get credit for SCOM? I dont think so. In reality it has nothing to do with who owns the name. At the end of Bid Daddy with Adam Sandler, if you look closely it says "scom, performed by gnr, written by axl, slash, and so on. The new guys are covering it, but it has nothing to do with them. The Metallica thing is different, that was just 1 member, not a complete new band. When Matt replaced Steven, it was the same. People still liked Steven, but it was still excepted, because he was on the UYI allbums.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:02:32 AM by freddiebrph » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2008, 11:37:41 AM »

well then, what about the old master of WTTJ on a same game with that? wouldn't it likely to be also a cover?

and when everysong is to be a cover by the Gh in-house band, do the formers still have their says in what version, what characters?

WTTJ is in Guitar Hero III, not II.  It is NOT a cover, but an old (in other words, not remastered) master track.  Easier, I think, than trying to convince someone to sign off on a much larger portion of their catalog, no matter which "side" you're talking about.

MOST of the tracks in GH II were "covers" by the in house band.  There were a handful of master tracks, but the majority of them were not.

With GH:Aerosmith, ALL the tracks will be remastered tracks re-recorded by the band.  At least, that's the indication being given in both the press release and directly by the devs.

GHIII was, mostly, mastered or remastered tracks from the artists, themselves, rather than cover versions of songs by the in-house band.

Yes, the developer still needs to, I believe, get the publishing rights to use a song in a video game, movie, or advertisement.  It's not the same royalty rules governing publishing the music on CD, or performing the music live. 

Together again,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »

when axl's side gave them the nod to use WTTJ in GH3,
to feature the new versions of old songs in a game may be not so difficult as you think.

about freddiebrphs considering a new version of a GNR classic done by GNR as a cover, which i should leave it to jimbob,  I beg to differ.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2008, 01:21:23 PM »

to feature the new versions of old songs in a game may be not so difficult as you think.

I've heard (not like it's been made a big secret of) that the WTTJ deal, for GHIII, wasn't exactly an easy deal to make.  It's also why Rock Band, before Slash's involvement with GHIII, demoed their game with WTTJ, but dropped it as development moved forward: Making the deal proved VERY difficult (and then neigh impossible once the GHIII guys scored Slash).

Take that for what it's worth.

I would expect that if the WTTJ deal was considered "hard" by the devs, that a deal involving ALL the GnR material, through UYI, would be "harder".  All things considered.

And getting the "old" band together to rerecord the "old" material would be neigh impossible.  Getting the "old" members permission for the current version of GnR to remaster the "old" material would also, I think, prove to be neigh impossible.

Which is a pretty big difference from what they're doing with Aerosmith.

Disagree if you like.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 01:23:21 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2008, 01:31:09 PM »

about freddiebrphs considering a new version of a GNR classic done by GNR as a cover, which i should leave it to jimbob,  I beg to differ.

I actually agree with what YOU are saying. If it really was a NEW updated version, that would be cool. But note for note?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2008, 01:49:40 PM »

And getting the "old" band together to rerecord the "old" material would be neigh impossible.  Getting the "old" members permission for the current version of GnR to remaster the "old" material would also, I think, prove to be neigh impossible.
It happened with the Live Era album. Tongue

Anyways, I still think many people only thinks about a full release and not an add-on for the current game. Wonder why, maybe because people rather look for problems regarding the supposed release than actual possibilities.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »

I dont agree. I think any thing coming out featuring NEW music should be the NEW guys. But the classics have nothing to do with these guys.
you are wrong.  this band is Guns N' Roses, the songs are Guns N' Roses songs.

Maybe you and I should join gnr, would we get credit for SCOM? I dont think so. In reality it has nothing to do with who owns the name. At the end of Bid Daddy with Adam Sandler, if you look closely it says "scom, performed by gnr, written by axl, slash, and so on
I'd love to join GnR, but I don't think I have the chops.   and the band is fine the way it is.   It has NOTHING to do with writing credits.

The new guys are covering it, but it has nothing to do with them.
Bullshit.  Its Guns N' Roses playing Guns N' Roses songs.   Someone leaves the band/walks out/gets fired, another guy comes in and takes his place.  Its not a whole new band, its a continuation of GnR.    And it would be GREAT to see the band do something like this to even further seperate itself from certain individuals who are no longer in the band.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2008, 02:43:16 PM »

It happened with the Live Era album. Tongue

Did it?

I know they were all involved in mastering the audio tracks, and selecting which instrument tracks would be used..  But the only "rerecording" or "sweetening" that I'd been aware of was on vocals (and even that's a subject of much debate).

I'm not sure you could take the same tact with this.

Together again,
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2008, 02:57:02 PM »

Yes, it happened. I'm pretty sure at least the guitars and vocals were rerecorded. As far as vocals, you should check this thread:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=50094.0

But yeah, I know it would be way harder now. I just said its still kinda possible, although I don't think it would happen at all.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2008, 03:23:38 PM »

well I think that's because the topic says

Guitar Hero Aerosmith special edition

It's gonna be called Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and it put the gamer to play the classic tracks played by guitarists Joe Perry, Brad Whitford and bass player Tom Hamilton.

Rumors says there is another Guitar Hero versions soon to be released for Guns N' Roses and Metallica.

that people think about a similar game to the aerosmith one.

I actually agree with what YOU are saying. If it really was a NEW updated version, that would be cool. But note for note?

save axl's inputs and  maybe izzys.  he may well be cool with that.
 I'm yet to hear jimmy page ever accused slash of stealing his rover riffs tho. Cheesy

I would expect that if the WTTJ deal was considered "hard" by the devs, that a deal involving ALL the GnR material, through UYI, would be "harder".  All things considered.

No point in doing those things, to boot. Here we're talking about guitar hero GNR, aka current band, not a game of ex gunners.
By New versions I meant GNRs, current you may not the formers or remastered old recordings.
and no it needn't be like the aerosmith one.
why the neigh(?) impossible GH3 deal became possible in the end  I wonder.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »

I think what you are trying to say is, there's no way they should release a Guitar Hero game featuring AFD, UYI era music, and use images of the 2008 line up to promote such a game.

nay! freddiebrph said a NEW updated version by the current band would be cool! rant

I'm sure no one would like to see the 08 characters with the 80s or 90s recordings.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2008, 03:54:55 PM »

I think what you are trying to say is, there's no way they should release a Guitar Hero game featuring AFD, UYI era music, and use images of the 2008 line up to promote such a game.

nay! freddiebrph said a NEW updated version by the current band would be cool! rant

I'm sure no one would like to see the 08 characters with the 80s or 90s recordings.

oh hell yea, if GnR did a guitar hero, I'd like to see them re-record any song that is on it.   A revamped WTTJ with Finck on lead or something would be tits.  smoking
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: