Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:12:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?  (Read 45179 times)
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2008, 02:00:17 AM »

yea, well in your case you don't seem to care for any of the members of the band, only the ex-members.     Its really this simple.. you either like this band, or you don't.   you are either happy with the band, or you aren't.   and if you aren't happy, which you clearly aren't.. why are you here?

how can i say if i'm happy with the new band if the haven't released any original material?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2008, 03:05:21 AM »

how can i say if i'm happy with the new band if the haven't released any original material?

-the material you've heard so far
-their place in the band
-live performances
-work done outside of gnr
and so on

so I take it you aren't happy?  then why are you here?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »

I really believe you cant consider the current line up guns n roses until some material that they actually wrote sees the light of day.   

or until you see them live. if you do you can't deny that it's unmistakably guns n roses well evolved.
hbk cvh put it well.

When you see GNR live now people should be happy what they have it beats what they could have had if the old band never split.

I just had a cool thought...
It will never happen but what would be really amazing is you pick a character and start out as the old band and go through the appetite era and based of of who you pick thats where the game goes. If you're Izzy you do juju hounds and solo, if you'
re slash/ duff you tour the illusions, then either snake pit or believe in me-beautiful disease. Maybe as Duff even do Neurotic outsiders, and then with either one of them you eventually do VR. You could also have the option of when slash and duff split to stick with the GNR side and tour CD. As someone who honestly considers himself a fan of both sides and really doesn't care about who said what and which is better I think this would be amazing. Especially cause I think there's a ton of music the past members have created since leaving the group, Gilby included, thats really great that most people have no idea about and they could get to know and appreciate.

Awesome idea, and if you pick Steven Adler you end up on the new season of Celebrity Rehab on VH1.

idea Rock Band special edition : the Ex gunners!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2008, 01:15:31 PM »

all you want to do is troll about the ex-members.   we get it.  but they aren't in the band or the picture any longer so give it up.   you either support the band the way it is or you don't.

The problem is, in this WHOLE discussion,  that's not entirely true.

The ex-band members are NOT completley out of the picture.  They're not in the band, that's true.  And I certainly agree with you that TODAY'S Guns n Roses IS the ONLY Guns n Roses....because it has "evolved" into that.

But the issue is that the old band members do have some say into how the old material is used.  And neither the old band members or the current band seem willing to "compromise" on how the "Guns n Roses" material is going to be used.   The old band members insist on having their stamp on it, as is there right, and the current membership (yes, most vocally Axl) wants to let the past be the past, with the new membership putting THEIR stamp on GnR's catalog of past material.

The problem is....I don't see either side "giving" on this one.  Not on a project of this size.  Putting a cover version of SCOM, and an old master of WTTJ on a game? Sure.  Just like PC on Burnout and Jungle on GTA.  But an entire catalog "history" in what is supposed to be a view of the band through the ages?  I just see TOO much fighting and legal wrangling for that idea to turn out as anything more than a pipe dream.  At least for now.

Edit: I want to clarify.  When I say "Guns n Roses" material, I mean the material, mostly on appetite, with the credit given to Gun n Roses.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 01:28:00 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »

I like pipe dreams.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2008, 01:26:33 PM »

I like pipe dreams.

Oh, I do, too.

And this one is a great one to discuss and mull over, to some extent.  But the "serious" turn the discussion has taken indicates that maybe a little perspective is in order.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2008, 01:40:40 PM »

But the "serious" turn the discussion has taken indicates that maybe a little perspective is in order.

I agree.
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2008, 01:55:57 PM »

jim bob, are you some kind of public prosecutor ? why should the users of this board have to justify what they think about GNR ? who are you ?
imo, you are just one more fan and you should learn to respect other people's opinions.

GNR forever !!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2008, 02:15:12 PM »

jim bob, are you some kind of public prosecutor ? why should the users of this board have to justify what they think about GNR ? who are you ?
imo, you are just one more fan and you should learn to respect other people's opinions.

I think he's basically questioning why some people come here to point out how much the current band sucks. Those people should respect the fact that this place isn't about that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2008, 03:18:44 PM »

i don't understand why people who want to dwell on things that happened 10, 15, or 20 years ago choose to come here and insult the band this site is here to support.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »

Putting a cover version of SCOM, and an old master of WTTJ on a game? Sure.  Just like PC on Burnout and Jungle on GTA. 

Huh whose cover version of scom? that sitar one or the country one?

I like pipe dreams.

peace pipe ones peace
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 03:35:47 PM by ppbebe » Logged
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2008, 12:26:01 AM »

-their place in the band
-live performances
and so on

so I take it you aren't happy?  then why are you here?

i think you are being rather defensive.. i'm here because i like GnR.  i never said i didn;t like the new band.. or the leaked material.. all i'm trying to point out is that.. imo slash's, izzy's and duff's contributions to gnr far out weigh anything anyone in the new band has done for GnR... except for axl obviously.

i've only heard leaks.. they sound very promising.. but i have no idea hoe the final cut will sound.  TWAT is a great track.. and could be a classic.. but right now none can say for sure..

-their place in the band/-live performances
thats what im still trying to figure out...  unfortunately.. i never got to see the original line up.. or the 91-93 line up.. i've seen them 4 times and i've seen 3 diff line ups... the current line up is by far the best that i have seen.  couldn't stand how much of a freak show bucket head was.. all the shows were great.. but for me it was the classic songs that made it great.. the new tunes kept the set list fresh

this has nothing to do with their place in the band.  Slash's work on Black or white didn't make me love his solo during sweetchild..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2008, 01:47:41 AM »

i think you are being rather defensive.. i'm here because i like GnR.  i never said i didn;t like the new band.. or the leaked material.. all i'm trying to point out is that.. imo slash's, izzy's and duff's contributions to gnr far out weigh anything anyone in the new band has done for GnR... except for axl obviously.

your problem is you just want to dwell on the past.    who cares who contribued what, the band we have now is what we have and you are either cool with that or you aren't.

edit: i'm just really really really tired of "fans" belittling the guys in the band now simply because they are the guys who replaced their favorite former member.   all these years later its time to finally move on.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 01:53:45 AM by Jim Bob » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2008, 09:32:58 AM »

Wasn't this thread about a videogame rumor? lol

Would be nice to have some info if its not true. Mysteron?

Anyways, Im with Jim Bob on this one. You surely can love the old songs, but I guess is kinda clear that the board is for people who love the new band regardless. If you want to complain about the present, there's plaint of places (even the dead horse section here) to do that, so why use the current GNR section to talk about the past?

And please, don't go with the "they need to release something first" because all the tours and new material we have is enough to confirm their existence. They already did many things under the Guns N' Roses name. Tongue

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2008, 10:51:36 AM »

the off topic is
because what songs and what guitarists the game could feature naturally comes into question.

I'd love to see 3 rs (and bh) but in reality i guess the band has to release many new materials to make guitar hero as far as the exes still have the rights of GNR old catalogue.

maybe when they make 'guitar hero: ex gunners' with some old versions of gnr classics or with the covers by their thereafter bands separately, we see GNR's new afd on a game. Tongue

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2008, 10:55:56 AM »

It would be easier if they just release an add-on for the current version of GH with some new songs (not many) after the album is released. It wouldn't be something that big, but would help a lot to promote the album with kids.

The thing is that people forget to think about how many ways of releasing this supposed GH version is possible. Even if some thinks its unlikely, there's a good chance to have some new songs there. VR already did that with GH3 adding downloads of VR songs, so why not Guns N' Roses in a different way?

SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2008, 11:22:23 AM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet...as I stopped reading this thread once it became another 'old band vs. new band' thread..., but there's a rumor that the Aerosmith GH might feature DRUMS as well as VOCALS/MICROPHONE!

If they DO end up doing a GN'R version (as this thread originally talked about) I think the induction of these 'Rock Band' elements is extremely cool! I can see future BBQs and parties where five of my friends and family all pick up an 'instrument' and jam out to SCOM or WTTJ! Awesome!

BTW...here's the link to the Aerosmith rumor http://www.dbtechno.com/gaming/2008/02/18/guitar-hero-aerosmith-to-feature-drums-microphone-support/

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2008, 11:23:54 PM »

edit: i'm just really really really tired of "fans" belittling the guys in the band now simply because they are the guys who replaced their favorite former member.   all these years later its time to finally move on.

Some people are really going to be devastated when their first wife leaves them. I hope they get over it; especially when they find out she is doing their friend.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2008, 11:33:52 PM »

Some people are really going to be devastated when their first wife leaves them. I hope they get over it; especially when they find out she is doing their friend.

yeah, but i have heard that if you do get over it ,buy the third wife you really have thing down.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2008, 11:39:21 PM »

your problem is you just want to dwell on the past.    who cares who contribued what, the band we have now is what we have and you are either cool with that or you aren't.

obviously i'm dwelling on the past... the last gnr release was about 15 years ago.. what do you want me to do?? imo AFD is one of the greatest albums ever.  i'm not going to completely shelve it for some promising leaked demos.. or live bootlegs
I'm not belittling anyone.. i've said a bunch of times i like the new band.. i've seen  them live a bunch of times... and will prob see them again if tour again to support the album.. all i'm trying to say is that it is totally ridiculous to suggest that if there is video game featuring most of the guns catalog..  it should feature the new band.  if it was a new way to release the album.. and it was only new material.. then sure.. slash and company have no business in the game.. but if it were some thing revolving around afd and the illusions.. the fink and bumble foot deserve to be in the game as much as i do.   like i've said initially.. i think the coolest idea would be to have everyone in the game.. and let you pick who you want to play with.. even have some wardrobed  choices.. goth fink/ current fink.. axl in a kilt/ braided axl ect...  i don't think thats taking away from the new guys in any way.. its just an accurate illustration of the band... it might even be a good way to introduce the new members..  none of this will ever happen.. but in these silent slow times for GNR i've managed to really amuse myself with this thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: