Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?  (Read 45190 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2008, 02:50:50 PM »

the new guys aren't really anything more than a cover band at this point.
If you really believe that, then go away.   this site is about the current lineup of Guns N' Roses and these guys joined the band as members of Guns N' Roses, not another band.

IF they ever release an album or two.  and those songs have some staying power then they could be considered GNR. 
They are considered GnR whether you like it or not.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2008, 11:58:38 AM »

yeah  the band that plays irs better Madagascar the blues and chinese democracy along with its old songs must be a cover band.

the reality is,  kids, teens, adults that play games such as guitar hero and cannot play real guitar around me
don't know who were in GNR save the singer. yes

I guess Guitar Hero is a good thing, as it should go some way towards educating those that don't know otherwise.
In other words, they get to see the hero behind the sound.

yep and those gamers will learn about GNR guitarists when they play the guitar hero for chinese democracy.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2008, 12:47:01 PM »

1mm people went to see the songs that axl, slash, izzy and duff wrote and recorded. 

How convenient of you to disregard the truth. People went to see GN'R, with Axl on lead vocals, perform those songs.

If your theory was right, all the pub tribute bands would be headlining arenas and festivals. They can play the same GN'R songs too!

But of course you'd fail to mention the fact that people would like to see Axl perform and hear him sing those songs.....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2008, 01:57:34 PM »

I would like to say that I went to see the NEW GNR when I went to see the only GNR. I went for hearing the new songs that this band created. I also went to hear them play the old songs but, in my opinion much better than old GNR could have ever. The point to this is that there was nothing really special to the old GNR except for Axl's voice. So anything outside of that is a bonus. Which is what you have today. In my opinion anyone that the band and Axl has asked to join has helped the band 10 fold from what they used to be. I think this band could accomplish what Axl was going for from the beginning back when he had dreams of making November Rain and all the songs on UYI I and II. Which is the real songs in my eyes that put GNR on the legends level with Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones etc.

As for what Velvet Revolver has done compared to the material we have heard of GNR on tour and cause leaks I still give the advantage to GNR. Musically the songs that have been leaked for GNR are simply of a higher artistic level and have the ability to hold up far longer than anything VR has done. Honestly I tried to get into VR and I did when Slither came out but, Slither is all I can remember about that album. The rest seemed like filler. I even own the album but, it seems like about a month after seeing them I never listened to Contraband again. Then when Libertad dropped I listened to it via their myspace page and I really only liked the hidden track Don't Drop That Dime. So basically it shows in my opinion that VR will be forgotten. Scott is leaving for STP reunion so I would expect them to not really hold up in time and that Slash and Duff get lost in the shuffle again. Matt seems to always find a home. Which is funny cause I think he is garbage but,I could see him landing on his feet with The Cult again in a few years.

So in the end if you compare the two era's of GNR. This one is much better in a music industry that is dying in general anyway so I do not want to hear numbers and sells and when Chinese Democracy comes out you will NOT be able to compare the numbers so your best bet is to compare it to what is out, how long it holds the charts and read the reviews if you do that sort of thing. People now are dumb so I do not expect much. When you see GNR live now people should be happy what they have it beats what they could have had if the old band never split.

As for GNR in Guitar Hero I would say sure it could go either way. You could have a DLC or you could have a game itself. Thou it is a long shot why not. Guitar Hero is just guitars so you could get Slash and Duff to do this cause that will bascially be all you need. It is not like RockBand which is about everything but a piano and harmonica. So you would not even need Axl or Steven or Matt's in the game cause there would be no point... what would they do? The only toss up would be could you get Izzy? It seems like it could go either way and that if not then you just have Gilby do it. Thou, it also doesn't really matter cause you could just use the Guitar Hero characters. I could just as easily see GNR on Rockband with AFD. Since it will be soon that I hear they are to be releasing albums for Rockband. I would prefer a new GNR in either GH or Rockband but, everyone is right that they have to have a album out before that could happen. I could see Better as DLC when the album comes out. I also think that instead of everyone going nuts on a a GNR version maybe Slash can just whore himeslf out and have his own Guitar Hero since the game only focuses on guitar anyway. Then you just have Slash's Guitar Hero and you play as or with him and have battles and play timeless songs from GNR and VR songs. Maybe he writes a few more bland BS solos. throw in the godfater theme. See if Duff wants in throw him in as a unlockable charcter. Same with Gilby and Izzy. Make a special edition guitar from Les Paul with Slash's signature. Wrap it up ship it out.

Cos I'm A Human Being...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2008, 04:49:02 PM »

I just had a cool thought...
It will never happen but what would be really amazing is you pick a character and start out as the old band and go through the appetite era and based of of who you pick thats where the game goes. If you're Izzy you do juju hounds and solo, if you'
re slash/ duff you tour the illusions, then either snake pit or believe in me-beautiful disease. Maybe as Duff even do Neurotic outsiders, and then with either one of them you eventually do VR. You could also have the option of when slash and duff split to stick with the GNR side and tour CD. As someone who honestly considers himself a fan of both sides and really doesn't care about who said what and which is better I think this would be amazing. Especially cause I think there's a ton of music the past members have created since leaving the group, Gilby included, thats really great that most people have no idea about and they could get to know and appreciate.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2008, 05:13:50 PM »

It will never happen but what would be really amazing is you pick a character and start out as the old band and go through the appetite era and based of of who you pick thats where the game goes. If you're Izzy you do juju hounds and solo, if you'
re slash/ duff you tour the illusions, then either snake pit or believe in me-beautiful disease. Maybe as Duff even do Neurotic outsiders, and then with either one of them you eventually do VR. You could also have the option of when slash and duff split to stick with the GNR side and tour CD. As someone who honestly considers himself a fan of both sides and really doesn't care about who said what and which is better I think this would be amazing. Especially cause I think there's a ton of music the past members have created since leaving the group, Gilby included, thats really great that most people have no idea about and they could get to know and appreciate.

Awesome idea, and if you pick Steven Adler you end up on the new season of Celebrity Rehab on VH1.

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2008, 05:39:36 PM »

Awesome idea, and if you pick Steven Adler you end up on the new season of Celebrity Rehab on VH1.

hahaha yeah, and whining about your speghetti in court.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2008, 05:52:46 PM »

1mm people went to see the songs that axl, slash, izzy and duff wrote and recorded. 

How convenient of you to disregard the truth. People went to see GN'R, with Axl on lead vocals, perform those songs.

If your theory was right, all the pub tribute bands would be headlining arenas and festivals. They can play the same GN'R songs too!

But of course you'd fail to mention the fact that people would like to see Axl perform and hear him sing those songs.....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

So are you agreeing Jarmo? I never saw you use that argument. Because I do agree , of course people want to see Axl sing those songs , the songs that the ex members help record and write. Of course all tribute bands aren't headlining shows because they don't have the original vocalist on their roster.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2008, 05:58:05 PM »

So are you agreeing Jarmo? I never saw you use that argument. Because I do agree , of course people want to see Axl sing those songs , the songs that the ex members help record and write. Of course all tribute bands aren't headlining shows because they don't have the original vocalist on their roster.

Wow, this really isn't the right place for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2008, 06:00:40 PM »

kinda like the ACDC lead singer situation.  i don't remember the sentiment before back in black was released.. but i'm sure most people didn't cinsider it a "real" ACDC album.

Bon Scott's parents encouraged the remaining bandmembers to continue using the AC/DC name.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2008, 06:23:32 PM »

What the fuck?

Honestly. Does it look like I agree with this person who claims a majority people only buy tickets to hear the old songs?

Give the guy some fucking credit already. He was in the band since day one and some of you act like he's not any kind of draw for rock fans who go to concerts.

The same bunch who accuse fans of the current band of discrediting the old band, are almost acting like Axl was the Ringo Starr of GN'R, that he was lucky to be in a band with all those super talented guys.  Roll Eyes

You obviously didn't get the point the first time you got banned and then come back pretending you still don't know what this place is about.

Don't you care or is it a question of simply not understanding?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2008, 06:39:59 PM »

What the fuck?

Honestly. Does it look like I agree with this person who claims a majority people only buy tickets to hear the old songs?

Give the guy some fucking credit already. He was in the band since day one and some of you act like he's not any kind of draw for rock fans who go to concerts.

The same bunch who accuse fans of the current band of discrediting the old band, are almost acting like Axl was the Ringo Starr of GN'R, that he was lucky to be in a band with all those super talented guys.  Roll Eyes

You obviously didn't get the point the first time you got banned and then come back pretending you still don't know what this place is about.

Don't you care or is it a question of simply not understanding?

/jarmo

Do you not understand the English language? I just agreed with you , and now you lash out at me? I just said that people want to see Axl sing those songs. You make no sense , I just said exactly what you said that Axl has drawing power , and yet I'm not giving Axl credit?...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2008, 06:52:41 PM »

all you want to do is troll about the ex-members.   we get it.  but they aren't in the band or the picture any longer so give it up.   you either support the band the way it is or you don't.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2008, 06:53:13 PM »

Do you not understand the English language?

No, not when somebody says "so you agree with me" AFTER I said something he/she agrees with.

Sorry, the English we get taught here in this part of the world probably is different from what you get taught.

I think the correct response from you would've been "I agree" instead of asking me if I agree with you agreeing with what I just had said!

I make no sense?

I guess not to you.......

/jarmo

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2008, 07:57:03 PM »

all you want to do is troll about the ex-members.   we get it.  but they aren't in the band or the picture any longer so give it up.   you either support the band the way it is or you don't.

No you don't thats the most ludicrous statement in the world. NOTHING in the world works like that you can never either be 100% or 0%. So you're whole little shit about that is stupid , you can support a band and not agree with certain things going on or certain members. I support KISS , do I like the new dude that is doing the guitar work , not really but he still love the band....

Jarmo I meant , it kind of sounded like you agreed with the statement that people go to see songs made by the ex members , but where saying they went to go see songs sung by AXL made by old members. I was just agreeing that people go to see Axl no matter what....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2008, 12:30:35 AM »

No you don't thats the most ludicrous statement in the world. NOTHING in the world works like that you can never either be 100% or 0%. So you're whole little shit about that is stupid , you can support a band and not agree with certain things going on or certain members. I support KISS , do I like the new dude that is doing the guitar work , not really but he still love the band....

yea, well in your case you don't seem to care for any of the members of the band, only the ex-members.     Its really this simple.. you either like this band, or you don't.   you are either happy with the band, or you aren't.   and if you aren't happy, which you clearly aren't.. why are you here?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2008, 12:53:49 AM »

yea, well in your case you don't seem to care for any of the members of the band, only the ex-members.     Its really this simple.. you either like this band, or you don't.   you are either happy with the band, or you aren't.   and if you aren't happy, which you clearly aren't.. why are you here?

Well obviously I support the band , or else I wouldn't come here. It's not that simple , i just went through that. I love the band , not happy with a couple things and prefer some stuff over certain things but I still like the band. I'm happy most of what is going on , sometimes I'm not fully satisfied sorry if that doesn't live up to your supposed fan expectations. I'm here to learn about the new band , talk about what is going on from a realistic point of view , and to just be a GN'R fan , last time I checked I don't have to justify to you why I am here. hihi
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2008, 01:21:37 AM »

what don't you like about the band?  what don't you agree with?   no one said you need to agree with every single thing, but you seem to only care about the old incarnation of the band and you show very little respect to the guys who are in the band now.   Tommy said it best..
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2008, 01:38:43 AM »

what don't you like about the band?  what don't you agree with?   no one said you need to agree with every single thing, but you seem to only care about the old incarnation of the band and you show very little respect to the guys who are in the band now.   Tommy said it best..

Last time I checked the topic was [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses? so this isn't the place to discuss what I disagree with in this band.  ok
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2008, 01:56:13 AM »

/jarmo

i wasnt really clear..  yes... i meant to say that 1mm people went here Axl sing those classic songs.  i really doubt that many people went to hear bumble foot or fink.   i think they are great musicians... but if GNR were to tour again this year with a whole new band and axl.. The same number of tickets would be sold.  6 years ago the argument could have been that buckethead was the new gnr...  well he left and the band didn't lose a beat.  I really believe you cant consider the current line up guns n roses until some material that they actually wrote sees the light of day.   
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: