Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:42:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?  (Read 45130 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2008, 10:12:54 PM »

That's what I was thinking too.
Nobody is going to make video games based on a line-up that hasn't released anything.
If CD is successful then maybe there will be video games based on Axl's band. Not before.

* newsflash *  Axl's band IS Guns N' Roses, so its not an issue.

But not older GnR songs....the guys who make rock band already said it wouldn't seem right to have some guitarists songs in their game when he's slapped his face on another.

nobody in Guns N' Roses appeared in Guitar Hero, so its not an issue.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2008, 12:10:30 AM »

If you honestly think that making a game based on new era' GN'R is more marketable and profitable than basing it on the classic line up then you have issues. If made , it would contain the classic songs with the "classic" band. Sorry to burst the bubble but a game based on this band is very unlikely , the majority of people don't want to play welcome to the jungle as Ron or Robin , they want to see Slash with the top hat pulled down smokin' the cig.
crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2008, 12:14:35 AM »

That's what I was thinking too.
Nobody is going to make video games based on a line-up that hasn't released anything.
If CD is successful then maybe there will be video games based on Axl's band. Not before.

* newsflash *  Axl's band IS Guns N' Roses, so its not an issue.

But not older GnR songs....the guys who make rock band already said it wouldn't seem right to have some guitarists songs in their game when he's slapped his face on another.

nobody in Guns N' Roses appeared in Guitar Hero, so its not an issue.

Slash is in Guitar Hero 3. 

But I know what you're getting at...nobody CURRENTLY in GnR blah blah blah.  But that's not what the creators of rock band were getting at.  Slash wrote the guitar parts for those songs and he's associated with them so its pretty obvious they meant no GnR songs since Slash is associated with the competitors game.  I'd imagine the same would ring true for Rage Against the Machine's stuff too.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2008, 01:10:37 AM »

If you honestly think that making a game based on new era' GN'R is more marketable and profitable than basing it on the classic line up then you have issues. If made , it would contain the classic songs with the "classic" band. Sorry to burst the bubble but a game based on this band is very unlikely , the majority of people don't want to play welcome to the jungle as Ron or Robin , they want to see Slash with the top hat pulled down smokin' the cig.

meh, fuck slash.     kids are kids and will play guitar hero regardless of who it is.    Might as well use the guys in the band now and promote them.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2008, 01:18:00 AM »

meh, fuck slash.     kids are kids and will play guitar hero regardless of who it is.    Might as well use the guys in the band now and promote them.

But they wont because it's not marketable , just because you hold type of resentment towards the guy doesn't mean all the world does. It be a 99% chance the pick the old band , because thats what people want to see. Majority of 'em...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2008, 01:33:28 AM »

But they wont because it's not marketable , just because you hold type of resentment towards the guy doesn't mean all the world does. It be a 99% chance the pick the old band , because thats what people want to see. Majority of 'em...

sorry but you are wrong.     your precious old lineup is history and anything released in this day and age should feature the current GnR.   not marketable?  tell that to the 1,000,000+ fans who saw GnR in 2006 and 2007.
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2008, 01:36:48 AM »

how about the 20000000 or more that saw the real GNR  1989- 1993.. There is a huge difference my friend.

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2008, 01:43:35 AM »

But they wont because it's not marketable , just because you hold type of resentment towards the guy doesn't mean all the world does. It be a 99% chance the pick the
old band , because thats what people want to see. Majority of 'em...

sorry but you are wrong.     your precious old lineup is history and anything released in this day and age should feature the current GnR.   not marketable?  tell that to the 1,000,000+ fans who saw GnR in 2006 and 2007.

I agree with one statement  , key word SHOULD. Why do you have this animosity and hatred for the old band? I really don't understand. Thats great to everyone who saw GnR , but in this video game sense it isn't going to happen. Sorry but YOU are wrong , the game company isn't going to invest money in a band who hasn't released any material , has gone on one tour , and is virtually unknown to the general public when you could release based on a band who made an Jungle and November Rain , fact of the matter is a lot of the stuff should go a certain way but it isn't. Any guitar hero type game would be based on the GNR of yesterday.

You try to turn the tables and make me out to be this anit-GNR person who is infatuated with the old lineup. I'm just being real here.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2008, 01:47:08 AM »

My friend, come over to the "Dark Side". yes

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2008, 01:50:55 AM »

I agree with one statement  , key word SHOULD. Why do you have this animosity and hatred for the old band?

no hatred or animosity towards the older lineups, but what I do have a problem with is certain "fans" who still come to this site and troll about the old lineups.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2008, 01:53:36 AM »

how about the 20000000 or more that saw the real GNR  1989- 1993.. There is a huge difference my friend.

blah blah blah real GnR.    take that shit somewhere else dude.   The real GnR is the lineup we have today.   People can either accept that, or fuck off.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2008, 01:54:30 AM »

^They say "old habits die hard".

Though, I wouldn't know ... burp!!!

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2008, 01:54:53 AM »

I agree with one statement  , key word SHOULD. Why do you have this animosity and hatred for the old band?

no hatred or animosity towards the older lineups, but what I do have a problem with is certain "fans" who still come to this site and troll about the old lineups.

But honestly by your idea , to me anyways , it seems that if you think that the old band is better in any aspect or shape or form you are a troll. I'm stating out what I think , and its for the most part its true , and just because it's negative towards the current lineup I'm a troll?

blah blah blah real GnR.    take that shit somewhere else dude.   The real GnR is the lineup we have today.   People can either accept that, or fuck off.

Exactly thats the problem with you its either 100% or 0% , you either support the band or are completely against it... It's not like that.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2008, 02:00:41 AM »

Well the truth is either lineup is unlikely.  Even if the game makers would want the old lineup, i hardly think GNR/Axl/Management would let that happen. In that sense i think the old lineup would be less likely.

So that's why i think the only way something like this would work is if CD is released or on the way, and some kind of deal is worked out with the band specifically using GH as a promotional tool.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2008, 02:07:13 AM »

But honestly by your idea , to me anyways , it seems that if you think that the old band is better in any aspect or shape or form you are a troll. I'm stating out what I think , and its for the most part its true , and just because it's negative towards the current lineup I'm a troll?

Exactly thats the problem with you its either 100% or 0% , you either support the band or are completely against it... It's not like that.

At the end of the day
The OLD lineup are in the past,
over a decade and a half ago, Kids that play the playstation and shit today were probably not old enough let alone born when
Gnr were in their prime, so I agree with Jim Bob, they should concentrate on gettin the band that is current, the band that is happening now,
to be the face of gnr,
And another thing, when chinese de is released,
You wanna see robin/ron/richard playing, not slash,  songs like the blues, better, IRS, chinese democracy, should all be played by the current members in the game
Not Slash

people here are so far up slashs ass (slashITES)  that their missing the present, and what is happening
right now
Ron Richard and Robin are the present!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:30:07 AM by gunns1 » Logged

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2008, 04:30:49 AM »

when chinese de is released

That's the key here...If Chinese Democracy isn't in stores when the new game comes out (if a GN'R game is really in the works, which is not certain for now), then the game won't contain new songs. I mean, they haven't even released a live DVD of the 2006-2007 tour, why would they put new songs in a video game if the album's not out?

Unless Chinese Democracy is in stores, the game would most likely contain only GN'R classics from the "Live Era". I don't see what's wrong with that and why people fight over this...It just seems logical to me. I've seen the new band live many times and they're all great, the concerts were awesome, don't get me wrong, but everybody's still waiting on Chinese Democracy.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2008, 09:08:12 AM »

the reality is,  kids, teens, adults that play games such as guitar hero and cannot play real guitar around me
don't know who were in GNR save the singer. yes
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2008, 09:17:46 AM »

the reality is,  kids, teens, adults that play games such as guitar hero and cannot play real guitar around me
don't know who were in GNR save the singer. yes

That reminds me of the guitar hero episode on south park. All the kids were playing and stan's dad came out and said "hey guys I can play all these songs on a real guitar" and none of them gave a shit lol

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2008, 01:37:06 PM »

is this what i have to put up with everytime i browse the gnr section. you going on about the current line up of guns n roses and why everyones opinion is completely wrong and so on.  I usually just browse this section and read it rather than post but you do get very tiresome.

html sucks
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2008, 02:07:08 PM »

haha.. that is such a ridiculous statement.  look i'm not bashing the new band.  they are all good musicians.  But none of them deserve their own video game.. i highly doubt that any more than 5000 fans went to see the new GNR last tour to see bumble foot or fink.  1mm people went to see the songs that axl, slash, izzy and duff wrote and recorded.  the new guys aren't really anything more than a cover band at this point.  IF they ever release an album or two.  and those songs have some staying power then they could be considered GNR.  kinda like the ACDC lead singer situation.  i don't remember the sentiment before back in black was released.. but i'm sure most people didn't cinsider it a "real" ACDC album.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: