Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:41:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?  (Read 45128 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »

i saw guns n roses.

and you can put as much bullshit spin on it as you want,

guns n roses:

AFD era Axl Slash Izzy Duff Steven
UYI era Axl Slash Izzy Duff Matt Dizzy
and current era Axl Dizzy Tommy Robin Richard Chris Frank/Brain Ron

now take into consideration the format guitar hero uses, going through stages of a bands life from starting out to the present time.

and seeing how you love having all the accurate information regarding gnr and hate it when people lie about the history.

would it not be rather fucked up if you had the current era playing in a small club doing some afd songs. and then playing with a UYI style backdrop doing songs they've never performed.

in much the same way it would be fucked up if they just used the old band and had them playing stuff from CD.

----------

also considering they also have slash mo-capped it wouldn't take a great deal of work to put that over into a new version.

Very good. So you'd expect Slash (of Velvet Revolver) to appear in a video game promoting his old band who's releasing a new album (assuming that's why GN'R are the subject of  special edition of the game)?

He already did "his" Guitar Hero. I just don't see him doing another one especially if it's associated with a new album by the current band.

/jarmo

Jarmo makes a good point here.

Either way someone make a song list of what they should put on thier. Keep in mind that often influences should be there as well, not just GN'R songs. I figure Rolling Stones, Soundgarden, Zepplin (Immigrant Song), Nazereth (Hair of the Dog) are all musts.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 12:03:43 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2008, 12:22:32 PM »

Here goes:

Tier 1:
Guns N? Roses ? The Blues
Guns N? Roses ? Welcome To The Jungle
Guns N? Roses ? Pretty Tied Up
Aerosmith ? Mama Kin

Encore: Guns N? Roses ? Live and Let Die

Tier 2:
Guns N? Roses ? Better
Guns N? Roses ? Used To Love Her
Guns N? Roses ? Human Being
Soundgarden ? Black Hole Sun

Boss: Bumblefoot - Guitar Battle
Encore: Nine Inch Nails ? Perfect Drug

Tier 3:
Guns N? Roses ? Locomotive
Guns N? Roses ? Paradise City
Guns N? Roses ? Anything Goes
Nazereth ? Hair of the Dog

Encore: Guns N? Roses ? Shadow of You Love

Tier 4:
Guns N? Roses ? November Rain
Guns N? Roses ? Nighttrain
Guns N? Roses ? IRS
Weezer ? Tired of Sex

Encore: Guns N? Roses ? Civil War

Tier 5:
Guns N? Roses ? Your Crazy
Guns N? Roses ? Patience
Guns N? Roses ? It?s So Easy
led Zepplin ? Immigrant Song

Boss: Slash - Guitar Battle
Encore: Guns N Roses ? Rocket Queen

Tier 6:
Guns N? Roses ? Chinese Democracy
Guns N? Roses ? You Could Be Mine
Guns N? Roses ? Don?t Cry
Rolling Stones ? Sympathy for the Devil

Encore: Stevie Ray Vaughn ? Little Wing

Tier 7:
Guns N? Roses ? Garden of Eden
Guns N? Roses ? Coma
Guns N? Roses ? Estranged
Jimmi Hendrix ? Purple Haze

Encore: Guns N? Roses ? Oh My God

Tier 8:
Guns N? Roses ? Madagascar
Guns N? Roses ? There Was a Time
Guns N? Roses ? Out To get Me
Nirvana ? Very Ape

Boss: Robin Fink - Guitar Battle
Encore: Guns N? Roses ? Mr. Brownstone

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2008, 12:30:09 PM »

Here goes:

Tier 1:
Guns N? Roses ? The Blues
Guns N? Roses ? Welcome To The Jungle
Guns N? Roses ? Pretty Tied Up
Aerosmith ? Mama Kin

Encore: Guns N? Roses ? Live and Let Die

Tier 2:
Guns N? Roses ? Better
Guns N? Roses ? Used To Love Her
Guns N? Roses ? Human Being
Soundgarden ? Black Hole Sun

Boss: Bumblefoot - Guitar Battle
Encore: Nine Inch Nails ? Perfect Drug

Tier 3:
Guns N? Roses ? Locomotive
Guns N? Roses ? Paradise City
Guns N? Roses ? Anything Goes
Nazereth ? Hair of the Dog

Encore: Guns N? Roses ? Shadow of You Love

Tier 4:
Guns N? Roses ? November Rain
Guns N? Roses ? Nighttrain
Guns N? Roses ? IRS
Weezer ? Tired of Sex

Encore: Guns N? Roses ? Civil War

Tier 5:
Guns N? Roses ? Your Crazy
Guns N? Roses ? Patience
Guns N? Roses ? It?s So Easy
led Zepplin ? Immigrant Song

Boss: Slash - Guitar Battle
Encore: Guns N Roses ? Rocket Queen

Tier 6:
Guns N? Roses ? Chinese Democracy
Guns N? Roses ? You Could Be Mine
Guns N? Roses ? Don?t Cry
Rolling Stones ? Sympathy for the Devil

Encore: Stevie Ray Vaughn ? Little Wing

Tier 7:
Guns N? Roses ? Garden of Eden
Guns N? Roses ? Coma
Guns N? Roses ? Estranged
Jimmi Hendrix ? Purple Haze

Encore: Guns N? Roses ? Oh My God

Tier 8:
Guns N? Roses ? Madagascar
Guns N? Roses ? There Was a Time
Guns N? Roses ? Out To get Me
Nirvana ? Very Ape

Boss: Robin Fink - Guitar Battle
Encore: Guns N? Roses ? Mr. Brownstone

Love the setlist.  Just one suggestion:

You GOTTA end with Paradise City.  Just gotta.

Smiley

To add to the topic, I think a GnR focused GH sounds like a great idea....and is completely unlikely to actually happen, IMHO.

I know the Harmonix and now Red Octane guys have worked hard to get GnR music into the past couple of games, but from what I've heard it hasn't all been shiny, happy, fun times to do it.

IF it were to happen, I think they'd have to totally ignore the new stuff, and stick with Live, Like a Suicide - S.I. era stuff, AND they'd have to use the existing master recordings.

I'm not sure there's enough impetus to get that done. 

The original band members who've left are not going to let it be used as a promo vehicle for the "new" version of GnR (thier viewpoint, not mine..thus the quotes), and are not going to let the "new" GnR rerecord the old material and definitively call it GnR.  They're also not likely to all hook up to rerecord all that old material together, like Aerosmith has done with some of the stuff for GH:Aerosmith.

And Axl, IMHO, wouldn't want (as jarmo points out) to "mix" the old and the new.  It would, in one fell swoop, undo everything Axl's been working toward for much of the past decade.

So, in all honesty...looking at this realistically now....what are the options?

And are they beneficial enough to GnR, all the players, AND Activision/Red Octane/Neversoft.  It sounds like a lot of headaches, to me, for everyone involved.  I'm not sure the payoff would be "enough" to get all the players on the same page.  I'd venture so far as to say I'm almost certain it wouldn't be...but you never know.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 12:40:38 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2008, 12:33:37 PM »

yeah, you're probably right.  Cheesy

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2008, 01:31:47 PM »

Love the setlist.  Just one suggestion:

You GOTTA end with Paradise City.  Just gotta.

Smiley

To add to the topic, I think a GnR focused GH sounds like a great idea....and is completely unlikely to actually happen, IMHO.

I know the Harmonix and now Red Octane guys have worked hard to get GnR music into the past couple of games, but from what I've heard it hasn't all been shiny, happy, fun times to do it.

IF it were to happen, I think they'd have to totally ignore the new stuff, and stick with Live, Like a Suicide - S.I. era stuff, AND they'd have to use the existing master recordings.

I'm not sure there's enough impetus to get that done. 

The original band members who've left are not going to let it be used as a promo vehicle for the "new" version of GnR (thier viewpoint, not mine..thus the quotes), and are not going to let the "new" GnR rerecord the old material and definitively call it GnR.  They're also not likely to all hook up to rerecord all that old material together, like Aerosmith has done with some of the stuff for GH:Aerosmith.

And Axl, IMHO, wouldn't want (as jarmo points out) to "mix" the old and the new.  It would, in one fell swoop, undo everything Axl's been working toward for much of the past decade.

So, in all honesty...looking at this realistically now....what are the options?

And are they beneficial enough to GnR, all the players, AND Activision/Red Octane/Neversoft.  It sounds like a lot of headaches, to me, for everyone involved.  I'm not sure the payoff would be "enough" to get all the players on the same page.  I'd venture so far as to say I'm almost certain it wouldn't be...but you never know.

Well said. you make alot of good points. If it ever happened I would definately go buy a PS3 but as you said, it seems pretty unlikely. We can dream though.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2008, 02:26:51 PM »

you think they'd have a guitar battle vs slash and WTTJ in two games?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2008, 02:33:21 PM »

I have GHIII on the PS3 and it's a really cool game (especially the multiplayer modes), and I'd love to see a GN'R version of it. If that does happen though, I don't see them using new songs or any new band members for that matter. It'd be most likely the AFD/ UYI lineup. I think there's a 99.9% chance that the game would feature classics and no news songs, kinda like a video game version of Live Era.

Plus, Universal/ GN'R haven't released anything related to the new band since Oh My God, and it was almost 10 years ago. I don't see why it would happen all of a sudden, except if Chinese Democracy is being released...but I haven't heard about an official release date so far...

Of course, it'd be great to see the new band and hear the new songs there, but it's a lot more likely to see the old line-up and classics.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2008, 03:07:56 PM »

you think they'd have a guitar battle vs slash and WTTJ in two games?

In my opinion, you would have to.

Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2008, 01:22:41 AM »

I think a GNR GH would be very unlikely, but it would be a great thing if it was pulled off.

I was on the aerosmith forum a few days ago and reading the aero fans who hope they have a single shortly after the guitar hero release (a single from an album they haven't yet started to record). This one guys post about their plans to start recording next month really struck me as a bit of contrast for us:

"I'm sure the product we'll eventually get will be solid, but I agree that they have taken way too long to make this record. I stopped going to Aerosmith concerts in '05 as a form of protest; I won't see the band live again until new material is released. It's inexcusable that their last true studio album came out in '01. With a hold-over cover album, which was very good by the way, there's just no excuse for not having any new material out yet. "

Harsh. I'd love to see GNR do as much as Aerosmith. I'd love to see them do more. Hell, if it was up to me both of those bands would have an album a year and tour constantly. Looking at that post though, and how it seemed so familiar, i wonder if fans are ever satisfied - and maybe we're not supposed to be...

Personally i think a guitar hero, unlikely as it would be, that followed the band truly, shifting lineups and all, would be a kick ass experience. It'd also be fun to come here and read people's complaints   Grin
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2008, 01:59:09 AM »

Dude, this would be sick.  If i could play Guitar hero w/ a selection of GnR songs, i wouldn't leave my basement for about 6 months, except to get beer.

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2008, 03:15:35 AM »

i was at another forum for collectible toys and they have a video game section and someone said they heard rumors that U2 and GNR are supposed to be next after aerosmith.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2008, 03:38:01 AM »

I can't imagine there ever being a Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses
There's already Guitar Hero 3 with Slash all over it. From a guitar perspective, Slash is Guns N'Roses.

are you on crack?  Slash left Guns N' Roses 12 years ago.    From a guitar perspective, Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, and Ron Thal are Guns N' Roses.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2008, 04:56:57 AM »

Has anybodynoticed thatin the press and on TV Slash is always refered to as "Ex Guns n' Roses" guitarist and never Velvet Revolver guitarist. I guess VR aren't as big a draw as GNFR..... yes

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2008, 05:00:36 AM »

Has anybodynoticed thatin the press and on TV Slash is always refered to as "Ex Guns n' Roses" guitarist and never Velvet Revolver guitarist. I guess VR aren't as big a draw as GNFR..... yes

its simple

vr arent as big as they were in 04
and even then they werent big in todays standards,

Gnr is a house hold name and appeals to every generation.. I mean gnr is a money making machine, vr is not

Slash will never have the fame he did when he was in gnr, thats obvious, But Axl probably wont have the fame he use to have
but considering how he still gets talked about in the press around the world on a weekly basis without needing to be in the public spotlight
says alot about Axl..
AGAIN im not comparing the 2, its just
One person Is hungry for media attention and doesnt get it,
the other isnt hungry and does get it...
Town & country...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2008, 11:09:18 AM »

its simple

vr arent as big as they were in 04
and even then they werent big in todays standards,

and even then they were ex gnr and ex stp.  well we should stop bring them to this section.  Tongue

i was at another forum for collectible toys and they have a video game section and someone said they heard rumors that U2 and GNR are supposed to be next after aerosmith.

prolly I'm alone in thinking this sounds better than metalica and GNR.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2008, 11:11:45 AM »

prolly I'm alone in thinking this sounds better than metalica and GNR.

You're definitely not alone.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2008, 04:59:23 PM »

Thankz For Info...

beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2008, 11:30:34 PM »

I think you have a better shot of multiple GnR songs winding up in Rock Band as downloadable content.

But not older GnR songs....the guys who make rock band already said it wouldn't seem right to have some guitarists songs in their game when he's slapped his face on another.  So I think seeing any classic GnR in Rock Band is not gonna happen.  Also, there won't be a Rock Band 2 for quite some time.  Maybe after Guitar Hero 4 is released this fall and everyone forgets that Slash was in Guitar Hero 3...then you might see some classic GnR.

If you ask me Rock Band is better geared for new GnR music with their relationship with MTV and actually releasing more than like a song every couple months for downloadable content.  Outside of that you may see one GnR song in the next Guitar Hero game but who knows.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2008, 11:59:28 PM »

this would be awesome... i think it would be great to have all the members from gnr to choose from... you get about 8 diff guys to choose from in GH now... put everyone in there from traci guns to bumble foot and every one in between
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2008, 04:29:01 AM »

I have GHIII on the PS3 and it's a really cool game (especially the multiplayer modes), and I'd love to see a GN'R version of it. If that does happen though, I don't see them using new songs or any new band members for that matter. It'd be most likely the AFD/ UYI lineup. I think there's a 99.9% chance that the game would feature classics and no news songs, kinda like a video game version of Live Era.

Plus, Universal/ GN'R haven't released anything related to the new band since Oh My God, and it was almost 10 years ago. I don't see why it would happen all of a sudden, except if Chinese Democracy is being released...but I haven't heard about an official release date so far...

Of course, it'd be great to see the new band and hear the new songs there, but it's a lot more likely to see the old line-up and classics.
That's what I was thinking too.
Nobody is going to make video games based on a line-up that hasn't released anything.
If CD is successful then maybe there will be video games based on Axl's band. Not before.

GNR forever !!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: