Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 01:59:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  record company and CD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: record company and CD  (Read 17323 times)
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2008, 08:43:35 AM »

2008 is a huge year for all things Chinese..... 

The Beijng Olympics are China's way of positioning its self as the new global superpower.  Our politicians in the West are greasing up to them to make money (Gordon Brown I'm talking about you you spineless cretin) while glossing over/ignoring the atrocities and lack of basic human rights that goes on in much of that country while we in the West are happy to buy ther cheap clothes and toys that are made there. 

Perhaps an Album, entitled Chinese Democracy by the band that doesn't give a fuck will land splash right before the Olympics, opening up the debate and bringing with it massive attention - not just onto China but the fact it is by Guns N Roses, and album that has been so long in the making is itself a story.  Time the two events and you have a something of significant interest to people all arund the world and loads of FREE publicity.....

I'm thinking a release date timed in the run up to the Olympics would be the ideal time to drop this CD.... 

Axl is smart, not stupid,
I mean alot of people probably think that he will drop it the 8/8/08 which is the first day of the olympics
but at the same time
wont the olympics be taking up all the promotion/marketing/air time on tv etc
So thus overshadowing gnrs chinese democracy release,

I think it would be absolutely stupid to release it whilst the olympics is on,
mabye before the olympics starts, or when the olympics finishes,

Perhaps an Album, entitled Chinese Democracy by the band that doesn't give a fuck will land splash right before the Olympics, opening up the debate and bringing with it massive attention - not just onto China but the fact it is by Guns N Roses, and album that has been so long in the making is itself a story.  Time the two events and you have a something of significant interest to people all arund the world and loads of FREE publicity.....

Gnr arent like normal bands, so thinking logically is your down fall, they will do something to their own accord,
and just say that if gnr did release the cd during the olympics,
and it does sell well, its just another opportunity for the critics to say that it only sold well because of the free publicity of the olympics...

I personally think the only reason why chinese democracy isnt out yet
is cause ot 2 reasons.

Could be, but then again it could be something altogether different that we haven't fathomed . Only the record execs and GnR know what is in the pipeline and until one of them confirms something we can guess and surmise as much as we like.  Hell it might be that Universal are saying change the CD name cos we dont want to upset China, and if you keep that name it will be banned in China which is a massive market - billions of people growing in wealth - and Axl is standing by his original nomenclature?

Oh..Read my last line - " In the Run up to the Olympics" - could be dropped two months before the games launch.  I agree launching at exactly the sametime would be too cynical...
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2008, 09:05:04 AM »

I don't believe CD is in state where both Axl and record company feel it is 100% finished and  "sealed " and ready for release.
If this was the case, I'm sure there would have been an announcement of some sort.  Regardless of wether or not there is some unlikely-as-hell freaky "record company waits til the time is right and they are still wondering how  to promote album!"scenario that 50% of the people here seem to believe for some odd  reason.

..And no, I don't count some fishy half assed  2 line long email from some random newGNR member as "announcement" ( why is everyone 100% sure it's a legit email anyway?)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 09:09:25 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2008, 09:16:44 AM »

Question of the day:   Remember the Glam metal scene and Guns N' Roses came in and killed it.  Now you look at today's music Emo Panic of the Disco, My Chemical Romance , Simple Plan ect  Do you think GnR could do the same thing once they release Chinese Democracy ? restore Rock n Roll.

Don't dream: 40+ old rockers have never changed anything. If something happens in music, 20-year old brats will do it.

Chinese Democracy might be a lot of things, but it wont start any trends.
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 09:30:50 AM »

Wheres Mysteron when you need him. Normally he would pop up and dismiss something or fuel speculation by leavinga  cryptic 1 to 2 line message  hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2008, 10:02:10 AM »

Question of the day:   Remember the Glam metal scene and Guns N' Roses came in and killed it.  Now you look at today's music Emo Panic of the Disco, My Chemical Romance , Simple Plan ect  Do you think GnR could do the same thing once they release Chinese Democracy ? restore Rock n Roll.

Don't dream: 40+ old rockers have never changed anything. If something happens in music, 20-year old brats will do it.

Chinese Democracy might be a lot of things, but it wont start any trends.

well I'm guessing Chinese democracy may be able to finally kill rock n roll.
every 20 yr old brat that changed the scene tried it and failed.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2008, 10:27:33 AM »

Wheres Mysteron when you need him. Normally he would pop up and dismiss something or fuel speculation by leavinga  cryptic 1 to 2 line message  hihi

he posted at mygnr yesterday. there are no plans for a tour and gnr are still on universal. "as of now" the record is going to come out this year........whatever

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2008, 10:36:58 AM »

I don't believe CD is in state where both Axl and record company feel it is 100% finished and  "sealed " and ready for release.
If this was the case, I'm sure there would have been an announcement of some sort.  Regardless of wether or not there is some unlikely-as-hell freaky "record company waits til the time is right and they are still wondering how  to promote album!"scenario that 50% of the people here seem to believe for some odd  reason.

..And no, I don't count some fishy half assed  2 line long email from some random newGNR member as "announcement" ( why is everyone 100% sure it's a legit email anyway?)

You think a "The album is done and ready for release but there's no release date" announcement would be a good idea?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2008, 10:52:21 AM »

I was sooooooooooooooooooo freakin excited when I heard this on the Loop in Chicago yesterday. They usually don't say stuff that is not true because they have been sued in the past and all the DJ's joke about watching what they say. Anyway, this DJ that was on while I was driving home from work, said that the producer of "Appetite for Destruction", they said his name but I can't remember, told everyone that the record is in the can - both sides are fine with it - the hold up is the negotiation of how the monies will be distributed - Axl is in negotiation with Geffen over where any money earned will go.

So, this could take awhile because I know Axl probably won't back down. But, the producer wanted to make a comment because of all the negative media surrounding this disc, how long it's taken, does it exist, will we ever hear it. So, basically he is confirming everything is done but money negotiations. He said the guys really want this out in 2008 but if it takes longer to negotiate a fair deal, then that's what they will do.

I believe this based on all the rumors and speculations about concerts. I think the band is gearing up because they might have something worked out over the next couple months. I believe we will see CD in 2008!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2008, 12:21:58 PM »

You think a "The album is done and ready for release but there's no release date" announcement would be a good idea?

/jarmo

Yes, would be great idea.
I imagine it would make the wait a lot less frustrating for fans. "Atleast Axl is done with it!!"
Also, I imagine it would remove a huge fucking chip from Axl's shoulder: "Phew. Atleast *I* am done with it, and whatever further delays might occur are due to shit out of my reach and everyone knows it."

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2008, 12:37:41 PM »

I imagine it would make the wait a lot less frustrating for fans. "Atleast Axl is done with it!!"
Also, I imagine it would remove a huge fucking chip from Axl's shoulder: "Phew. Atleast *I* am done with it, and whatever further delays might occur are due to shit out of my reach and everyone knows it."

I'm sure most of these frustrated fans are aware that the album is done.

Some just don't think it matters because they just want it out. So whether or not it's done is irrelevant for them and thus a statement like that would make no difference.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2008, 04:08:32 PM »

I'm sure most of these frustrated fans are aware that the album is done.

Some just don't think it matters because they just want it out. So whether or not it's done is irrelevant for them and thus a statement like that would make no difference.

/jarmo

I agree that most probably believe that CD is done, me included.  But yeah, saying "Hey it's done, and will be available as soon as we figure out how to get it to you" would help to some extent, because with Axl there's always that thought that he could go "You know what, this part isn't right, let's redo it."  Not necessarily right, but I at least think people think that way . . .
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2008, 04:53:03 PM »

you mean he couldn't go 'You know what, this part might not right any more being held up for some time. lets redo it Cheesy ' if he made a statement like that?

and according to those HSBC adverts that keep appearing on my telly, the Chinese believe that the number 8 is supposed to be lucky and bring prosperity.  :

incidentally, it's GNR's lucky number as well. according to me. peace

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2008, 05:12:54 PM »

you mean he couldn't go 'You know what, this part might not right any more being held up for some time. lets redo it Cheesy ' if he made a statement like that?

If it gets held up long enough to become outdated again then it's all over.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2008, 05:21:44 PM »

see? Such a statement wouldn't help.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2008, 05:24:21 PM »

see? Such a statement wouldn't help.

But it won't happen so what's the big deal!!!  Nay, it's not like he's reading this!!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2008, 06:11:22 PM »

all I'm saying is that sceptic peep will still be sceptical unless the cd update includes a concrete date.

when there's a high probability of it being in the not too far distant future, no need to make an intern report.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »

Some people just don't think before they type or they just like to type too much. I don't know. But I highly fucking doubt it's going to get outdated. Did AFD get outdated? Fuck no. Did the Illusions? Fuck no. What about the songs they covered off TSI. All in unison: FUUUCK NO.
So why the hell would someone think this is going to get outdated between now and when it gets released?

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2008, 10:00:13 PM »

I was sooooooooooooooooooo freakin excited when I heard this on the Loop in Chicago yesterday. They usually don't say stuff that is not true because they have been sued in the past and all the DJ's joke about watching what they say. Anyway, this DJ that was on while I was driving home from work, said that the producer of "Appetite for Destruction", they said his name but I can't remember, told everyone that the record is in the can - both sides are fine with it - the hold up is the negotiation of how the monies will be distributed - Axl is in negotiation with Geffen over where any money earned will go.

So, this could take awhile because I know Axl probably won't back down. But, the producer wanted to make a comment because of all the negative media surrounding this disc, how long it's taken, does it exist, will we ever hear it. So, basically he is confirming everything is done but money negotiations. He said the guys really want this out in 2008 but if it takes longer to negotiate a fair deal, then that's what they will do.

I believe this based on all the rumors and speculations about concerts. I think the band is gearing up because they might have something worked out over the next couple months. I believe we will see CD in 2008!

If that's true then its very good news. It definitely makes sense. Thanks for posting that.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
madagas
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2008, 10:30:07 PM »

I thought so too. Wink I assume this DJ is alleging Mike Clink said this. It definitely jives with what Mysteron has alluded to and a few other internet rumblings. yes The biggest hurdle in my humble opinion is getting a completed record that the record company agrees with. Everyone has to be satisfied with the songs chosen and the tracklist. Someone will eventually give on the money stuff. hihi
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 10:32:36 PM by madagas » Logged
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2008, 10:57:26 PM »

Anyway, this DJ that was on while I was driving home from work, said that the producer of "Appetite for Destruction", they said his name but I can't remember

Mike Clink, who is awesome. I really hope that he's involved with the project.

I believe we will see CD in 2008!

Hopefully before fall. I like the idea of a summer release.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: