Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:29:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns tour in the works???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns tour in the works???  (Read 38044 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »

the stones have more than 1 original member in the band....bad comparison

No, I don't agree. It's not about the members.

People buy a ticket to a GUNS N' ROSES concert and I bet they expect to hear GN'R songs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2008, 09:20:49 PM »

dude, relax. i never said i wouldnt go. of course i'd go. all i said is that YG and TWAT made some valid points about this rumor and what they thought about it. that's it. as far as im concerned, yes, id like a new set list and a new album. but if they dont do either and just tour, then that's great also and i'll be at those shows....

Well then it sounds like you agree with me. That you respect the band enough to let them decide what they wanna do.

Yes/No?

/jarmo

Yes. 100%. That wasn't my point. My point was the YG and TWAT brought up some valid points. That's it.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2008, 09:23:57 PM »

Yes. 100%. That wasn't my point.

Great.

My point was the YG and TWAT brought up some valid points. That's it.

I disagree, as I pointed out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lakersaregreat
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2008, 09:26:28 PM »

Yes. 100%. That wasn't my point.

Great.

My point was the YG and TWAT brought up some valid points. That's it.

I disagree, as I pointed out.

/jarmo

And its totally fine if you disagree with them, but don't go off on them just because they don't agree with you. That was my point all along.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2008, 10:02:41 PM »

And its totally fine if you disagree with them, but don't go off on them just because they don't agree with you. That was my point all along.

Why not? I disagreed with the opinions and presented my reasons.

And why are you defending them? I remember this guy attacking people who were agreeing with me once. Something about them kissing my ass and being my army.....  hihi

/jarmo

lakersaregreat
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2008, 10:10:40 PM »

Why not? I disagreed with the opinions and presented my reasons.

And why are you defending them? I remember this guy attacking people who were agreeing with me once. Something about them kissing my ass and being my army.....  hihi

/jarmo

im actually not defending them. read my post. i agree with them. im sure they can defend themselves. they dont need me to do that. what i said was, you go ahead and disagree, that's fine. but, you go off on them as though your opinion is the end all and it is surely not. when someone disagrees with you, you call them names and such. its just childish...state your point and back it up. if you have a solid point, the point will speak for itself. no need to get petty on them....

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2008, 10:16:51 PM »

im actually not defending them. read my post. i agree with them. im sure they can defend themselves. they dont need me to do that. what i said was, you go ahead and disagree, that's fine. but, you go off on them as though your opinion is the end all and it is surely not. when someone disagrees with you, you call them names and such. its just childish...state your point and back it up. if you have a solid point, the point will speak for itself. no need to get petty on them....

As a faceless man once said "get off your high horse".....

That's your misconception of what I do. It's not my fault you see things that aren't there.

If you weren't that biased, you'd see that I post my opinion just like everyone.

Yeah, things might get heated at times because I tend to believe in what I say instead of trying to impress my online buddies.

Also, people like Younggunner state his opinion month after month, you'd think that he would get that we get it by now? So when I have to tell him "we get it, you want the album" for the 19484th time, would you think it's weird that my tone might not be the same as when I told him that the first time?

/jarmo

lakersaregreat
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2008, 10:23:39 PM »

As a faceless man once said "get off your high horse".....

That's your misconception of what I do. It's not my fault you see things that aren't there.

If you weren't that biased, you'd see that I post my opinion just like everyone.

Yeah, things might get heated at times because I tend to believe in what I say instead of trying to impress my online buddies.

Also, people like Younggunner state his opinion month after month, you'd think that he would get that we get it by now? So when I have to tell him "we get it, you want the album" for the 19484th time, would you think it's weird that my tone might not be the same as when I told him that the first time?

/jarmo

again, another non-responsive response to my post.....its ok, dont worry...you can do it. its your house...and as far as you telling people what to think and see, you are right...i dont believe a word you say.....

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2008, 10:25:07 PM »

How many times can they tour without the album. Why tour without the album.

They've done it a couple of times. People would love to see the band tour in support of the album. But I'd love to see the band after all this inactivity. Album or not. I mean when they were trying to get the album out in 2006 they were "just touring". People in NYC and in Europe really dug those shows and were some of the best performances in GNR History. So those should have just not have happened right?

So the band should lie dormant until the precise moment the album can be released? No momentum for release, really?

I love Jarmo's little sig thing, "You can't always get what you want".
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2008, 10:32:23 PM »

i dont believe a word you say.....

Of course not.

You're the kind who runs away as soon as you're required to give some real answers instead of basing everything on "you think you speak for the band, get off your high horse".

I'm glad you agree with me that the band should be allowed to play whatever they think is the best. Maybe something for your friend Younggunner to think about.  Smiley

/jarmo

lakersaregreat
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2008, 10:37:34 PM »

i dont believe a word you say.....

Of course not.

You're the kind who runs away as soon as you're required to give some real answers instead of basing everything on "you think you speak for the band, get off your high horse".

I'm glad you agree with me that the band should be allowed to play whatever they think is the best. Maybe something for your friend Younggunner to think about.  Smiley

/jarmo

real answers? what are you talking about? i give OPINIONS here. there are no right or wrong "answers" as you say. however, if i or anyone else disagrees with you, then our "answers" are of course, wrong...

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2008, 10:39:56 PM »

Me, as a GN'R fan, want GN'R to do whatever the fuck they wanna do.
so do I...

I never knew it was bad for a fan of a band to want to hear new material.

Exactly.

Nobody's making you download "crappy bootlegs". You choose to.

Nobody's forcing you to "wait" either.

and no1 is forcing you to agree with my opinion  ok

You want the album, how many times can you state it? We get it.
as many times as they go on a tour without a new album

Ever tried repeating it really fast while holding your breath? Maybe it'll be out faster!  
wow your so funny !!

Just like I "repeat" the same stuff over and over...so do you.

Because sometimes it's not about what you want them to do for you?

"I want this, I want that"

What happened to "ok, so they wanna do that and it's fine with me"?

It's pretty simple. If GN'R goes on tour before the new album is out and you don't like it, don't fucking go. You really have that choice! Isn't it amazing?
Thanks for laying it out there captain obivious.
No shit gnr will do what they want when they want. But at the same time people are allowed to make comments about what there doing. Im sorry you cant handle it. Can you also stop with your little slogans and gnr company lines? Its getting sickening.

They can never win this fight. We have people like you who want them to play 99% new songs, and you probably don't care that a big part of the audience only know the hits. So your ideal set will leave a lot of confused people.
Shocked omg gnr has fans that want to see this new band play the songs they created Shocked

This just in. the original gnr band have been broken up for over a decade. This just...not everyone can get over that fact......yet you are claiming the band is upset that they have fans wo actually are ready to move on? Please dont make dumb comments liek that. Your not the spokesperson of the band.
Im sure Tommy and Robin and Axl are happy that they have gained supporters of the new band over the years and im sure they are appreciative that the people want to hear their music.

and you probably don't care that a big part of the audience only know the hits.
Now its my turn to play captain obivious....

maybe the greater part of the audience only knows the hits because well lets see....hmmm....um maybe because they havnt had a fukin gnr single or video yet? Or an official album?

maybe, just maybe, when the album comes out, and they release some singles and videos, and do some interviews etc...that maybe that kid from poland or idaho that your so concerned about will actually know and want to hear the new material?

So your ideal set will leave a lot of confused people.

I promise you this.....after the album is released and people see new gnr in action I promise you most will think this is the ideal setlist....
Chinese Democracy dominated set with a few classics sprinkled in...

and then when the follow ups get released they would have 2-4 albums of new stuff plus old stuff...imagine that tour!

If anyone here would be opposed to that type of a set or thinks that the general public would hate that set after a few months of the CD release then please tell me why or who....

Noone can be confused about the set because all they have to do is go on a site and that will be the set for the night. 99%  of new gnrs sets have been the same.

But im sure you dont have a problem with that because "Gnr does what they want when the fuck they want" yea dudeeeeeeeeeee

This whole thread is about a fucking rumor and already the setlist whiners are out in force. Amazing!
nope all i stated in my original post was what I hope the next announcement would be.

But it's like Axl said, he doesn't play for the people who sit at home whining about the setlists.
When they are in my area I go to the shows, so hes not talkin about me! peace

That you respect the band enough to let them decide what they wanna do.

Yes/No?
And the band should respect their hardcore fans enough as well. Your not the gnr spokesperson. Stop talking like one. Im pretty sure GNR respect the fact that some of their fans want them to release the album and play the new songs. I think they sense the frustration and anticpation over the years.

Of course its cool to see gnr when they hit your town. Im not disputing that. No1 is knocking the show they put on. Its amazing. With that being said, I would like to see the new era begin.

I rather have gnr not do anything then do another tour without the album. Like I said earlier, the main reason being, I dont want to hear anymore new songs until I hear a studio version. Thats just me. Its cool if others have diff opinions. Im not Jarmo, I wouldnt knock them.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:45:46 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2008, 10:47:47 PM »

real answers? what are you talking about? i give OPINIONS here. there are no right or wrong "answers" as you say. however, if i or anyone else disagrees with you, then our "answers" are of course, wrong...

A real answer to a real question.... Like Yes or a No....

as many times as they go on a tour without a new album

Do you ever bore yourself?

Just like I "repeat" the same stuff over and over...so do you.

Do you think I'd have to repeat myself if you weren't repeating yourself in the first place?

That's a real question and I bet there's a real answer for it that you can skip!

Thanks for laying it out there captain obivious.

Ah, the good old insults from the super-fan.

No shit gnr will do what they want when they want. But at the same time people are allowed to make comments about what there doing. Im sorry you cant handle it. Can you also stop with your little slogans and gnr company lines? Its getting sickening.

I sure hope so!

Wouldn't want you to feel too comfortable repeating your 2001 act.

I'm sorry you can't handle a band that doesn't do what you want them to when you want them to.

GN'R should respect the hardcore fans?

Respect goes two ways.

Your not the gnr spokesperson. Stop talking like one.

It's funny seeing how you two are like a cute little tag team.  Smiley

You shouldn't believe everything this lakersaregreat newbie tells you.

Just because he's gotten into his head that I think that doesn't mean I actually do.

It just makes you seem like you have no clue at all when you make that kind of statements.....

Edted to add: Maybe you shouldn't be asking "How many times can they tour without an album out?" but instead "how many times can I repeat that I want the album out".....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:00:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2008, 11:00:24 PM »

Do you think I'd have to repeat myself if you weren't repeating yourself in the first place?

That's a real question and I bet there's a real answer for it that you can skip!
Your the only one who seems to have a big problem with my "whining" and redundant posts. Take a step back and dont respond!

GN'R should respect the hardcore fans?

Respect goes two ways
Lets see the respect I have given gnr ....

6 shows
a Tommy Stinson show
VGH
a couple of Bucket albums
couple of tshirts
poster
soccer jersey
even though they dont profit from this....a shitload of vhs/dvd boots off of ebay etc.
I have pretty much every show on cd from the 00-02 tours
and all the support I have given them and will continue to give them
o and i have never once bashed their show or songs...

is that enough respect for you?

You shouldn't believe everything this lakersaregreat newbie tells you.

actually i havnt read one of his posts in this thread yet

and I dont even know who he is. why do you always think I am in cahoots with members of the board? I told you to leave your Sherlock Holmes badge behind. Your clueless when you make those claims
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:08:41 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2008, 11:06:42 PM »

Your the only one who seems to have a big problem with my "whining" and redundant posts. Take a step back and dont respond!

That's your wish. That you and your pals can take over with your whining and turn everything to "whine whine whine".

Lets see the respect I have given gnr ....

6 shows
couple of tshirts
poster
soccer jersey
even though they dont profit from this....a shitload of vhs/dvd boots off of ebay etc.
I have pretty much every show on cd from the 00-02 tours
and all the support I have given them
o and i have never once bashed their show or songs...

is that enough respect for you?

That's respect? You buy stuff and you give them respect?

If that's respect, then how much respect do you have for McDonalds? Pizza Hut? I bet it's a lot of respect over the years!  Wink

I meant respect like "I want the band to be happy, I believe that they are the right people to make their own decisions and I support them".

You don't need to spend a penny on that kind of respect.....  Smiley

/jarmo

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2008, 11:09:29 PM »

Any GNR tour, at this point, is going to be good just for the hardcore fan, or the few brand new fans. It's been an on going nostalgia tour for the last eight years. Sides a couple new faces, you know what it is and what you're getting. Take a tour for what its worth. There you go.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2008, 11:14:13 PM »

That's respect? You buy stuff and you give them respect?

Well being that Im not rich and choose to spend my money on them, I think its not a case of just throwing my money at something ebcause I have money Wink

I meant respect like "I want the band to be happy, I believe that they are the right people to make their own decisions and I support them".

Yes Jarmo, Im sure this group of adults, are more than capable of making their own decisions. And Yes I do support them when its all said and done.

But Im also allowed to disagree with certain things they do. Thats life. And Im sure they understand that. They cant please everybody. Just ask Axl that one

Its just my opinion dude.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2008, 11:15:16 PM »

Any GNR tour, at this point, is going to be good just for the hardcore fan, or the few brand new fans. It's been an on going nostalgia tour for the last eight years. Sides a couple new faces, you know what it is and what you're getting. Take a tour for what its worth. There you go.

I mentioned Metallica earlier. The "template" that many of you like to use on how "other bands" do things.

Every summer they focused on a different area.

One year they did a bunch of big festivals, the other it was a lot of shows in Scandinavia and next summer Eastern Europe.

Look at the empty spots on a world map where GN'R hasn't played. Either since the 90s or ever. You'll see that they could play, if they wanted to, to a bunch of people who wouldn't complain.

But Im also allowed to disagree with certain things they do. Thats life. And Im sure they understand that. They cant please everybody. Just ask Axl that one

Its just my opinion dude.

You're free to disagree, but I'm trying to convince you to look at it from another angle....

Instead of being so self centered, think about the fans who never saw GN'R. I didn't see one disappointed fan at the shows in Japan that was upset about the album not being out....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:17:35 PM by jarmo » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2008, 11:18:14 PM »

You don't need to spend a penny on that kind of respect.....  Smiley

/jarmo

jarmo - ask axl which type of respect he would rather have from his fans....the kind youngunner described, OR the type you describe where you don't need to spend a penny.  hihi

i think we all know what his, and most other musicians response would be. in fact, Seb Bach basically said that a few weeks ago.

so i think axl would be quite happy with younggunner's "respect."

you don't want "complainers" on your board (and i agree with you on that), but don't confuse that with what puts money in axl's pockets. and ultimatley, gives all of us all the opportunity to enjoy his talents.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2008, 11:20:37 PM »

I mentioned Metallica earlier. The "template" that many of you like to use on how "other bands" do things.

Every summer they focused on a different area.

One year they did a bunch of big festivals, the other it was a lot of shows in Scandinavia and next summer Eastern Europe.

Look at the empty spots on a world map where GN'R hasn't played. Either since the 90s or ever. You'll see that they could play, if they wanted to, to a bunch of people who wouldn't complain.

/jarmo

I didn't talk about what any other band is doing. We all know what a GNR tour is and what you'll expect to see after all this time. I said, take it for what it is. Any real discussion, besides GNR coming to your town, about a tour is pointless at this point. You add an "I wish..." comment to anything related to GNR and you're slapped with the old "whiner" tag.

So yay, a tour might be in the works.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: