Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:16:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Logical Song? (Supertramp-Cover by GN'R?)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Logical Song? (Supertramp-Cover by GN'R?)  (Read 1302 times)
rockNroses
« on: February 08, 2008, 04:49:33 PM »

Please note I am not trying to spread a rumour, this is only a question if such a recording exists. I am also NOT asking for a download or anything. (I would love to hear this though and I actually hope it exists!)

A friend of mine yesterday said he read this in a magazine some time ago, that GN'R recorded a cover-version of this song during the making of CD. He could not remember what magazine, he said it was from last autumn and it was a magazine from England, that's all he could remember.

First I was like ok let him talk but then I went and listened to the song by Supertramp (the orignal) and I listened to the lyrics and the music and I was like fuck that could make sense if you imagine Axl on vocals and the saxophone being replaced Robin on guitar, it was almost scary.

My question is: Has anyone ever heard that too and maybe someone has the magazine and could scan the article please? Maybe someone has already heard the cover-version (if it exits?) and could tell something about it? I have never head it yet, but I would love to.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 06:13:32 PM »

Love that band.  Robin did a piece of art work a while back.  It was some words going around in a circle.  Sorry I'm braindead at the moment but at that time I questioned if he was listening to Supertramp because the words could have been from one of their songs.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: