Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 02:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What would you like to see in the GNR music clip?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would you like to see in the GNR music clip?  (Read 5238 times)
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« on: February 07, 2008, 11:00:13 PM »

Now we don't know what the first single will be, so this discussion isn't going to involve talking about the new songs.

However, let's think along the lines of - what GNR elements/signs should be in the first GNR filmclip for many years.

For example:

A "Where's Slash" sign

Production to rival November Rain

More dolphins

Tour footage

War is over, if you want it.
ben9785
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:10:03 PM »

I always that it should be a live video. Not a live recording, but I mean footage of the new band members cut up from various live performances 'playing along' with the song.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:11:58 PM »

Truthfully I think it should be something simple.

A live thing would be cool and a good way to introduce  the new guys for those who haven't seen them.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 11:47:51 PM »

Something well produced but not too full of itself. Focus on the new members. Axl looking like a badass.

"Grandiosity of November Rain, but the rawness of Appetite for Destruction".
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 03:47:21 AM »

Naked chicks, that's all!  ok

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 04:04:55 AM »

Tour footage.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 04:25:35 AM »

The Prez brings up a good point. Boobs are always a nice way to score viewers.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 06:03:42 AM »

Pics of the new band partying after the show.  Let the world know they're still a wild bunch.  I'd love to see some drunken pics of axl!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 06:30:18 AM »

Leaving aside the fact that the track that is eventually chosen will determine the exact nature of the video, I think that, as a general rule, I'd have to agree with those who are going for the uncluttered approach and say that I think that tour footage (including live performance mixed with some off stage shots of the band in various cities around the world) would be a good start.

Possibly something along the lines of a combination of the deceptive simplicity of 'Yesterdays' (which I feel would be a little too much of a low-key approach for a first video on its own), with the raw, emotional feel of 'The Garden'.  Together I think they'd make a powerful and memorable statement of intent.

Oh and though I'm fairly indifferent about the naked girls, any bare flesh of the male variety would be more than acceptable.  After all, there were some pretty fit looking bods on stage from what I saw in 2006 and it would be a shame to waste all that effort in the gym...
How about it, eh lads?   Wink

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 07:08:10 AM »

I think you are on to something there Cyllan!  ok

War is over, if you want it.
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 03:27:05 PM »

Only Axl Rose and the music behind...
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 03:47:03 PM »

See, I would go the exact opposite.  I really like Stone Temple Pilot's video for the song 'Down,' where you never really see Scott Weiland but in reflections from mirrors.  Everyone is going to expect it to be an Axl Rose show whenever a video is released, so I'm always a fan of doing the unexpected.  I would have a performance video where the other band members are fully visible, but Axl can only be seen by his shadow, or perhaps a silhouette of him performing.  All done with cool lighting and whatnot.   It would be great if they did a couple of videos for the first single like bands use to do. 

One has to wonder if the first video isn't going to be somewhat political or cryptic.  I think the video that was shown during concerts during Madagascar is most likely the style used in the first video. 

If it's not a performance video, expect ambiguous film footage like you've never seen.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 04:50:24 PM »

See, I would go the exact opposite.  I really like Stone Temple Pilot's video for the song 'Down,' where you never really see Scott Weiland but in reflections from mirrors.  Everyone is going to expect it to be an Axl Rose show whenever a video is released, so I'm always a fan of doing the unexpected.  I would have a performance video where the other band members are fully visible, but Axl can only be seen by his shadow, or perhaps a silhouette of him performing.  All done with cool lighting and whatnot.   It would be great if they did a couple of videos for the first single like bands use to do. 

One has to wonder if the first video isn't going to be somewhat political or cryptic.  I think the video that was shown during concerts during Madagascar is most likely the style used in the first video. 

If it's not a performance video, expect ambiguous film footage like you've never seen.

Cheers,

Andrew

I don`t think so, this proyect needs a video where people see Axl is alive, and steel rockin', his visual presence is obligatory, Do you imagine a Guns n' Roses video in MTV (15 year later) without Axl Rose and where show five or six  unknown musicians, besides a very special and rare sound, people would'n know which band they are watching, spite of they read GUNS N' ROSES/BETTER/ UNIVERSAL/CHINESE DEMOCRACY at the beginning of the video...
rockNroses
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 04:55:23 PM »

Everyone BUT Axl.

That would be a cool way to introduce the new band to TV audience.

Axl does not really need re-introduction, not showing him in the first "comeback" music video would be pretty fucking cool.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 05:27:27 PM »

Everyone BUT Axl.

That would be a cool way to introduce the new band to TV audience.

Axl does not really need re-introduction, not showing him in the first "comeback" music video would be pretty fucking cool.

my vote. and that'd be bloody badass too! headbanger
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 05:28:53 PM »

Cheers,

Andrew

I don`t think so, this proyect needs a video where people see Axl is alive, and steel rockin', his visual presence is obligatory, Do you imagine a Guns n' Roses video in MTV (15 year later) without Axl Rose and where show five or six  unknown musicians, besides a very special and rare sound, people would'n know which band they are watching, spite of they read GUNS N' ROSES/BETTER/ UNIVERSAL/CHINESE DEMOCRACY at the beginning of the video...
So you rather keep them "unknown"? Tongue

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »

Cheers,

Andrew

I didn't say to exclude Axl completely, but just allude to him in the video.  I think you've got to give people more credit.  Upon hearing Axl's voice they're going to know what band they're listening/watching. 

Take a look at STP's video for Down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvPmSqKVUnk

Something like that, but with less Axl and more of the other band members. 

In the end, I think we'll likely see a video that shows little of the band and a lot of cryptic ambiguous imagery.  That's my guess anyway.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 09:16:58 AM »

In the end, I think we'll likely see a video that shows little of the band and a lot of cryptic ambiguous imagery.  That's my guess anyway.

I'd love to see both Axl and the band, but I think we'll see them a lot once the album is released, so a video that doesn't show much of the band shouldn't be a problem IMO.

I think they should just put the video up on the official website because most people view videos online these days. Not to mention band member biographies and photos etc! That's where people go to find out who's behind that music.
I guess MTV is dead but we're still dying... I'd love to watch MTV but all they show is bad acting and reality shows. So I watch Youtube instead.  Roll Eyes I gave up on MTV and the other channels a long time ago...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 11:09:40 AM »

that can probably be fixed with live material.. they did have the suicide girls opening for 'em  Smiley
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 12:34:55 PM »

KISS   ok

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: