Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:15:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain back in Guns N' Roses?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain back in Guns N' Roses?  (Read 9549 times)
Christian
VIP

« on: February 05, 2008, 11:49:46 AM »

"According to an E-mail sent by Bryan "Brain" Mantia to a fan, Brain is planning to get back with Axl and Guns N' Roses this year.

Brain has been off Guns N' Roses since the birth of his daughter in the summer of 2006."

Found at: http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=1165
thanks to: Slashrose - www.perfectcrimegnr.com

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »

"According to an e-mail sent to a fan?"  I'm all for being hopeful, but I'll wait until I see something official from the band.  Frank's done a fantastic job, so whatever keeps GnR moving forward is fine by me...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 11:58:20 AM »

shame, i actually thought frank was great with the band.

plus didnt he lay down recordings on chinese democracy...why would they have brain back, theyd only have to re-record it AGAIN....

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 12:01:28 PM »

what i know of and took for granted that was always his plan.. that he (brain) would be back when the record was going to be released, he was never out of "the GNR family"

as mrlee said, frank really suited GNR and he did change some songs for the better like IRS,
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 12:54:13 PM »

what i know of and took for granted that was always his plan.. that he (brain) would be back when the record was going to be released, he was never out of "the GNR family"

I think Brain preferred to stay at home and spend time with his own family and their newborn child, rather than tour and play mostly old songs again.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 12:59:36 PM »

i hope this is true.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 01:01:46 PM »

I think Brain preferred to stay at home and spend time with his own family and their newborn child, rather than tour and play mostly old songs again.

If I remember correctly Frank was a backup drummer on tour right? What if GNR went on tour and had both Brian and Frank drumming at the same time... that would be awesome ...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 01:02:25 PM »

He said "I'm trying to get back with the Axl in 2008. Thanks for the kind words!"

It doesn't mean he will be back, but that he just is trying to do that.

Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 01:06:24 PM »

For all I know they could promote CD and release it, and take Brain back AFTER that! Maybe he could be on "CD 2".
Olorin
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 01:14:52 PM »

I like Frank in GN'R, he has a great attitude and enthusiasm as well as a presence behind the drums.

However Brain is one of the most gifted drummers I have ever heard and I really hope his parts are still on the new cd and I would love to get the opportunity to see him perform live with the band.

Wasn't Sebastian Bach raving about Brains drumming on the new songs he had heard?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 01:24:07 PM »

shame, i actually thought frank was great with the band.

plus didnt he lay down recordings on chinese democracy...why would they have brain back, theyd only have to re-record it AGAIN....

God, don't even start on that.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 01:29:40 PM »

An alleged email to a fan. This should be good for 4 to 5 pages at least. 

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 01:32:14 PM »

He said "I'm trying to get back with the Axl in 2008. Thanks for the kind words!"

It doesn't mean he will be back, but that he just is trying to do that.

if that's what he said i take it like he's not sure that he's "welcomed" back but wanna get back (because the material is amazing hihi and no i'm not reading too much in to it Wink)

An alleged email to a fan. This should be good for 4 to 5 pages at least. 

hihi
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 02:52:46 PM »

Since when did we get any notice from the band that Brain wasn't in the band? All we have heard is Frank is a back up drummer, don't assume anything. I personally think Brain should be back in since he did a lot of the drumming for CD.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »

This sucks!  I love Frank!  He is so great with the fans and looks like he is really into everything.  Always looks like he is having a good time.  Brain looks like he could care less and I really don't like past comments he has made about the band.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 03:22:02 PM »

if that's what he said i take it like he's not sure that he's "welcomed" back but wanna get back (because the material is amazing hihi and no i'm not reading too much in to it Wink)
Yeah, it is:

From Tomek1985 at mygnr:
Few days ago, after reading a post here about Brains end with Gn'R, i emailed him hopin' to get some answers.. heh, i know that i'm not the only one who feelin' that way, but i didn't have anything to loose, so..

not long after that, i received that:

I'm not quite sure what should i think about that. We'll see what happens, hopefully sumthin will..

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »

yeah,  they are two very good drummer. I am most familiar with Brain`s drumming, on albums, and stuff. But i have seen Frank 2 times live. He is great! He even played drums for Tool on a show some years ago. And NO ONE can be better then Danny Carey. So thats says quite abit! I have heard Brain`s drumming on varius albums, and he is for sure somewhere at the same level as Josh Freese and Danny Carey.

I think the reason people are abit concerned, is because Brain is not mentioned on the Guns N Roses myspace page. He have also been a member for quite some time now, and the GNR fans, has accepted him as a "longtime GnR drummer".

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 03:26:17 PM »

maybe he meant he's going to get back AT Axl...
I think the word is Axl had Frank and B-Foot contribute to the album after they had been touring w/ the band..So there may still be some B-Head N' Brain on CD.
Tomek 1985
Headliner

..Resident Evil..

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 03:46:02 PM »

yeah, that's me who spread this, let's hope it'll make true.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 04:21:18 PM »

I think Brain preferred to stay at home and spend time with his own family and their newborn child, rather than tour ...

I would think that is correct. He laid most of the tracks on Serj Tankian's new album, and Serj then had to get another drummer for his tour.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: