Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:24:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GTA IV
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GTA IV  (Read 6119 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 05:06:17 AM »

a new song on GTA IV would be huge, it's guaranteed to be one of the most sold games of 2008, promoting music through games is a very good idea, and they should try to get a song on madden 09 and nhl 09 too, even if those games don't get released until the last quarters of the year it could push the sales a bit yes

this might be a bit off topic, but still relavent IMO.  Has anybody tracked down the audio of Axl DJ'ng in San Andreas?  I loved playing that game and had all of Axls lines memorized.  Does anybody here have the audio of him from the game?

yes, just use the search engine Smiley

"Look shithead I run through Life with a torch in one hand and a sword in the other,
And when I play the music the program director tells me to, I dont care if;
your hair is green,
you love men,
or your missing fingers,

sooner or later its Logger time,
who cares about the listeners anyway,

best quote from axl imo,

btw thats from the gta game..

i LMAO when i first heard that rofl

don't you guys thinks he says "Lager time" though? i always thought that
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 04:40:05 PM »

you know how in the music industry people are divided into groups? there are the metalheads that listen to rock/metal, there are the hippies that won't listen to anything past 1979, the ravers that listen to electro, the dumbshits that listen to pop, etc etc etc... so too are there divisions in gaming. there are the preppy/jock type people (mainstream) that play halo and sports games, the nerds that play rpg's like final fantasy, the "casual" gamer that plays mario, etc etc... but guess what? EVERY FUCKING BODY plays Grand Theft Auto. It's just one of those games that no matter what you're into, even if you don't even LIKE the GTA series, you at least RENT it and play it.. and a LOT if not most people that play video games (especially the jocky preppy frat kids playing halo) don't know two shits about gnr.. if you think it's a good idea to reach a broad audience and get new fans, then putting songs in video games is a GREAT idea.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »

I agree that marketing the new "single" would be smart on this game, seeing as how it will sell like crazy, but like some peolpe have already mentioned each game takes place in a different era.

It wouldn't make sense for a song like "better" to appear in this game if it takes place when that type of music wasn't common place, which is the same argument for why Axl couldn't return as the DJ.

Bottom line, don't expect Axl or a new song from GNR to appear in the game.

Though I do think they will try and find some big name person(or as close to a big name as they can find) to do something on a radio show for the game.

I pretty much agree with you 100%. nuGNR won't be on the game.

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 09:12:06 PM »

I agree that marketing the new "single" would be smart on this game, seeing as how it will sell like crazy, but like some peolpe have already mentioned each game takes place in a different era.

It wouldn't make sense for a song like "better" to appear in this game if it takes place when that type of music wasn't common place, which is the same argument for why Axl couldn't return as the DJ.

Though I do think they will try and find some big name person(or as close to a big name as they can find) to do something on a radio show for the game.

i thought this GTA was set present day.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 10:41:22 AM »

i thought this GTA was set present day.

it is.. this guy who thinks he knows what he talks about, well he don't know shit Smiley
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 08:06:52 AM »

On March 20th. the official GTA-site will have a "Music Section Update" (www.rockstargames.com/IV)

Fingers crossed for some GN'R included in the game!!  ok

Could be possible, since the game is set in present time......

I've allready pre-ordered the special-edition, wich includes a CD.

Stavanger-rock-city!!
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 12:25:31 PM »

I'd love GNR to be in this game, but unless there is a official GNR website update on March 20th as well you can pretty much count it out. I don't know how forthcoming they will be about the music selection, but considering GNR is a huge name, I'd think that they'd want to promote both them and them in their game.

Like for San Andreas, they had "Jungle" in one of the trailers (which got on TV if I'm not mistaken). I just don't think once the game shows up on our doorsteps we'll be surprised to see GNR is in it.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 02:20:18 PM »

The games have never been promoted on gunsnroses.com. GTA San Andreas, Guitar Hero or Burnout Paradise were never mentioned on the official GN'R site.
However, I don't think GTA IV will feature anything GN'R related since it's set in the present day and GN'R isn't 'popular' right now (meaning not in the charts, no single, no album, no tour, no news, ...). Maybe GTA V will be more suitable if it's set in the future and Chinese Democracy is about to be released.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 03:16:50 PM »

Well the soundtrack, like the game, is contemporary. The popularity or lack thereof is completely irrelevant. Rockstar is known for choosing songs that they like and it doesn't matter what/where it's from.

If it fits the mood of the game and the period, then it'll be in the game. I know that the others weren't announced, but those are old songs created by the old lineup. The only way that a song will be in the game is if it's from Chinese Democracy and if a new song never released is going to be included in a video game, then it would be for the purpose of getting the new material out there and promoting a new album. The band isn't going to release a new song and not have any information about the album. It's like "this is our new single, and you know...the album's coming out...erm....sometime..?".

So, it's very unlikely for the band to feature a song in this game for many reasons.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 03:33:23 AM »

I'd love GNR to be in this game, but unless there is a official GNR website update on March 20th as well you can pretty much count it out.

If I'm not mistaken, there was no mention of Axl's contribution on San Andreas prior to the release in 2004. Not from Rockstar or GN'R. With that said, i must say, I also have my doubts, it was just a thought that came to mind when I read about the "Music Section Update"  Smiley

I don't think GTA IV will feature anything GN'R related since it's set in the present day and GN'R isn't 'popular' right now

Like mrbucketfoot pointed out, the GTA-games have always featured songs from various time-periods. Like San Andreas was not just grunge and gangsta-rap. The different radio stations had different "themes".

Does anybody know if Axl or Rockstar ever commented on his participation in San Andreas? Would have been cool to find out how that came about, and what he thought about that experience.....

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 06:01:08 AM »

A good idea for Axl would be to drop in a new track into GTAIV but have one of the DJ's talk over the song at the beginning, middle and end so to make it un-replayable outside of the game.
I think that's a smart Idea! Would keep it off teh raidio until the proper release!
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 06:13:40 AM »

A good idea for Axl would be to drop in a new track into GTAIV but have one of the DJ's talk over the song at the beginning, middle and end so to make it un-replayable outside of the game.
I think that's a smart Idea! Would keep it off teh raidio until the proper release!

Why would you want to have a song with a DJ in the middle?!

What would be a REAL good idea ( the best idea IMO ) is on the "modern" rock station for the game to have an ad where its like

" Are you ready? Chinese Democracy starts NOW get your CD at local retailers! Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses are back and they are hitting harder then ever with the latest tracks like "Better" , "IRS" , etc... !" and have a exclusive sample or clip of a song from CD. That idea to me makes more sense.
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 08:10:12 AM »

Why would you want to have a song with a DJ in the middle?!

What would be a REAL good idea ( the best idea IMO ) is on the "modern" rock station for the game to have an ad where its like

" Are you ready? Chinese Democracy starts NOW get your CD at local retailers! Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses are back and they are hitting harder then ever with the latest tracks like "Better" , "IRS" , etc... !" and have a exclusive sample or clip of a song from CD. That idea to me makes more sense.

I was just thinking if Axl was paranoind about having a new track (nothing heard so far) being played over the air on real radio stations after a GTA IV release, by adding an overlap by the in game DJ would prevent that....
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 08:50:50 AM »

As much as its indeed an excellent opportunity to launch new music - this game is gonna be HUGE - it would only make sense if they put the album or the single itself by that time (April 29th, I guess). That's the obvious speculation.

But why the hell does it needs to be a "unheard" new song? Do you really think all those people already know Better or any of the other CD songs leaked or played live? If so, why would they consider to release Better as single in that HD ad in late 2006?

sick_of_this_life
Banned
Opening Act

...not that you care

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 09:42:03 AM »

On March 20th. the official GTA-site will have a "Music Section Update" (www.rockstargames.com/IV)

Fingers crossed for some GN'R included in the game!!  ok

Could be possible, since the game is set in present time......

I've allready pre-ordered the special-edition, wich includes a CD.

Damn! That website is too cool!

Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.
ToEachesOwn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2008, 02:15:15 AM »

What about putting a new tune on Madden?  Bon jovi debuted "Everyday" on the franchise and Green Day debuted "American Idiot".  For those who play Madden, you know how many times you're forced to listen to a song on the menus. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: